AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Accel World

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-12-22, 23:35   Link #21
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by draxdeveloper View Post
Can it have a relationship thread?
We generally don't allow relationship threads, because these tend to be festering grounds for shipping... but maybe I'm just not sure what you mean.

Quote:
Also, it wold be coll a thread explaining the colors... Including the metallic scale, because you know, it's a bit confuse...
I think this could probably go in the FAQ thread, or in the aforementioned Rules thread... not sure if we need a whole thread just to explain the colours...
Old 2012-12-22, 23:39   Link #22
draxdeveloper

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
We generally don't allow relationship threads, because these tend to be festering grounds for shipping... but maybe I'm just not sure what you mean.

I think this could probably go in the FAQ thread, or in the aforementioned Rules thread... not sure if we need a whole thread just to explain the colours...
I mean what you have said and i understand why you don't put... Flame wars right?
FAQ thread?
Old 2012-12-22, 23:46   Link #23
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
But as I said, a thread which began with explanations about the colors could be used for posting original avatars.

Also, speculation about the properties of the other Metallic Colors, and the unknown common ground of Black/Colorless avatars like Aqua Current and Black Vise.
Old 2012-12-22, 23:54   Link #24
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
FAQ thread?
Sorry, I meant Q&A. The Q&A thread is here, where you can ask a question (like what do all the colours represent) and someone can provide an answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
Also, speculation about the properties of the other Metallic Colors, and the unknown common ground of Black/Colorless avatars like Aqua Current and Black Vise.
Well, there already is a Speculation & Theories thread that seems good for speculation of this kind, in addition to the Brain Burst Game Rules & Speculation thread. I think those are quite fine for that sort of speculation.

Quote:
But as I said, a thread which began with explanations about the colors could be used for posting original avatars.
I guess it's possible to have some sort of RP (are there enough interested people to make it work?), but keep in mind you don't really get to pick your own avatar in Brain Burst; it's picked for you based on an understanding of your fears/insecurities. So picking the kind of avatar you'd want to have is not really all that realistic to this universe.
Old 2012-12-23, 16:21   Link #25
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Well, there already is a Speculation & Theories thread that seems good for speculation of this kind
Whoops. Forgot that one. Maybe it will do fine.

Quote:
I guess it's possible to have some sort of RP (are there enough interested people to make it work?), but keep in mind you don't really get to pick your own avatar in Brain Burst; it's picked for you based on an understanding of your fears/insecurities. So picking the kind of avatar you'd want to have is not really all that realistic to this universe.
The idea is to provide original Duel Avatars for other people to use in fanfics. Or any other purpose. Kind of like how people use Fanfiction Idea threads to think up plots that they have no intention of writing themselves.

I have come up with at least a dozen Duel Avatars I wouldn't want for myself, simply because I like being creative within a set of limiting rules, and because I'd like to see some real variety in the Accelerated World.

The thread would also serve as a place for people to ask for criticism or inspiration for the Duel Avatars they fully intend to use in their own fanfiction. Which means that the Fanfic idea thread can focus more on plots and characters than cool powers.
Old 2013-01-14, 09:10   Link #26
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Quote:
I have come up with at least a dozen Duel Avatars I wouldn't want for myself, simply because I like being creative within a set of limiting rules, and because I'd like to see some real variety in the Accelerated World.

The thread would also serve as a place for people to ask for criticism or inspiration for the Duel Avatars they fully intend to use in their own fanfiction. Which means that the Fanfic idea thread can focus more on plots and characters than cool powers.
Following on Sunder's idea, I too would want it much. When writing a fanfic, the number of distinct characters a single writer can create is..limited, to say the least. If its like an RP, where everyone chips in an avatar. As for permissions and usage, leave it to the users themselves.

Separately, is it feasible to have a Chrome Disaster thread? All the posts about him are scattered in the Light Novel thread.
Old 2013-01-23, 13:59   Link #27
Dark Paladin X

Can we have thread about this news?

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...el-world-anime

And also a thread about voice acting so we can talk about dub predictions and such.
Old 2013-02-02, 00:13   Link #28
Dr. Casey

I think relentless said the new OVA was going to be released January 31st, so maybe a new thread for that?
Old 2013-02-02, 04:49   Link #29
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
I think relentless said the new OVA was going to be released January 31st, so maybe a new thread for that?
Yes, agreed. It is done. Should receive my copy in the mail next week.
Old 2013-04-12, 20:17   Link #30
Sunder the Gold

I once again request a Character Creation thread, so we don't need to comb through the Fanfiction thread looking just for character ideas, or interrupt discussion of fanfiction to introduce characters or discuss valid powers.

Also, it would be an excellent place to post a link to THIS resource:

http://www.colblindor.com/color-name-hue/

Find the color you want, get a name!
Old 2013-05-17, 13:59   Link #31
Sunder the Gold

Actually, this one might work better: http://chir.ag/projects/name-that-color/#BFFDD3

For one thing, it doesn't call most of the dark colors "Dark Green".
Old 2013-07-27, 04:56   Link #32
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

The spinoff manga, Dural Magisa Garden, is to the best of my knowledge still on going with over eleven issues and six new characters introduced. With posts about DMG all pver the place, may I request for a thread specifically for discussion and speculation for all things DMG?

Currently, Tap has translated up to Volume 5, and I have read up to Volume 11 (Spirit Link). If possible, I would need the thread so as to compile all speculation as of yet into a single thread.
Old 2013-07-28, 17:09   Link #33
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Could you post something here that could be used as an opening post for such a thread? Then I can use that as the base.

Edit: Thread created.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-07-28 at 20:42.
Old 2014-06-22, 19:09   Link #34
sumusiko

A thread about making a petition or starting a kickstart to help the producers fund for a second season for those who are willing to help ...
Old 2014-06-23, 01:21   Link #35
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumusiko View Post
A thread about making a petition or starting a kickstart to help the producers fund for a second season for those who are willing to help ...
Sorry, but we don't allow petitions on the site... and besides that, I would say that's very unlikely to influence the production team one way or another.
Old 2014-06-25, 09:05   Link #36
Parousia

A thread about The Disaster or Chrome Disaster maybe?
Old 2014-06-25, 10:55   Link #37
sumusiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolySin View Post
A thread about The Disaster or Chrome Disaster maybe?
Or a thread regarding summaries of the novels for people who can't read japanese.. At least they will be able to know how the story progresses and what happens to the characters, what happens in kuro/haru relationship and such
Old 2014-06-26, 06:01   Link #38
Parousia

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumusiko View Post
Or a thread regarding summaries of the novels for people who can't read japanese.. At least they will be able to know how the story progresses and what happens to the characters, what happens in kuro/haru relationship and such
I was thinking of asking about that, but I'm more interested in the Armor and A.A. and C.C. than the Kuro/Haru relationship.
Old 2014-06-26, 09:33   Link #39
sumusiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolySin View Post
I was thinking of asking about that, but I'm more interested in the Armor and A.A. and C.C. than the Kuro/Haru relationship.
Ye I just said their relationship as in one of the subjects that could be discussed in the topics xD
Old 2014-06-26, 13:36   Link #40
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I guess I'm not too clear how this is all that different from the LN thread that already exists where these topics were already discussed. What makes this thread different?

(Also I hesitate a bit to create a separate thread for "future spoilers for anime-only viewers" because there's always the possibility (albeit perhaps not super high) that we could see an anime continuation. So making it so super-easy for anime-only viewers to be spoiled in one convenient place will turn around to bite us in the butt if that happens.)