AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2016-08-14, 23:10   Link #2021
Chibiloli

Yeah, does anybody know how old Shia is in GBFT?
Old 2016-08-21, 04:32   Link #2022
Chibiloli

Do you guys know any seller on amazon that sells the D-parts Mercury Rev? I'm trying to find it but all I get is the A-parts, I think it comes with an old issue of dengeki hobby, but I'm not sure which one.
Old 2016-11-26, 21:49   Link #2023
Embers

In Mobile Suit Gundam 00, what is the song that plays just before the credits at the end of episodes 4, 5, and 8?
Embers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-26, 21:55   Link #2024
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Season 1 or 2?
Old 2016-11-27, 12:33   Link #2025
Embers

In Season 1
Embers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-03, 08:07   Link #2026
Chibiloli

I gotta ask, what scale do human guns need to be to be compatible with 1/144 Gunpla, because this would look awesome on my Astaroth:
Old 2017-01-12, 17:29   Link #2027
Heke

Hey.

I did love Gundam seed, destiny and 00.
Is there new gundam or old ones witch are same caliber or same like?

What you guys and girls suggest?

Sorry for my bad english try understand
Heke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-13, 02:52   Link #2028
Tenzen12

You should avoid Reco. Age and leave buildfighters until you get deeper into franchise.

If you don't mind older stuff you should check original three UC Gundams, 8th MS team and Unicorn after that Char's counterattack. Pretty much any non UC Gundams are optional imho.

Currently is airing second season of "Iron blooded orphans" that some consider be better than 00 (including) me.

Well someone will correct me if I forgot anything important.
Old 2017-01-13, 04:39   Link #2029
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

original Gundam universe that is U.C. since 1979 are long running with sequels, spin-offs, & side stories which will take time to link them all together due to their length & complexity, the fact some of the art style is quiet old, as in retro old, though some do aged well & some had remakes, like the movie trilogy & reboots (Gundam: The Origin),

for a fun side these are the Alternate Universe series that i recommend:

- After War Gundam X (Mad Max meets Gundam)
- Turn A Gundam (Gundam with steam punk genre)
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-13, 12:18   Link #2030
Heke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
You should avoid Reco. Age and leave buildfighters until you get deeper into franchise.

If you don't mind older stuff you should check original three UC Gundams, 8th MS team and Unicorn after that Char's counterattack. Pretty much any non UC Gundams are optional imho.

Currently is airing second season of "Iron blooded orphans" that some consider be better than 00 (including) me.

Well someone will correct me if I forgot anything important.
well those olders are like coin with two side`s. If the story is good i mean very good i can watch it but if story is moderate then 80s grafics and sound will overhelm me and i cannot watch it .

I saw 2 episodes Unicorn then other episodes didint show up i tought unicorn was canceled or something like that. And i may have seen one or two episodes Iron Blood orphans i not sure hmm.

But i try watch those older one´s and thanks fast response

Last edited by Heke; 2017-01-13 at 12:45.
Heke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-12, 11:54   Link #2031
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Two questions:

*About Gundam 00 season 2. Why do they select Lockon Stratos' twin brother? Was he also trained to be a pilot?
*About Unicorn? What does happen to Banagher in the ending? I mean he doesn't say something and he leaves after the fight against Fullfrontal. I watched only the TV version series though.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-12, 20:37   Link #2032
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
*About Gundam 00 season 2. Why do they select Lockon Stratos' twin brother? Was he also trained to be a pilot?
Here's an excerpt from Wiki for your answer:
Spoiler:
We can safely assume that CB knew of Lyle's talents & skills before recruiting him even if Lyle can be considered as a slight downgrade from Neil. They just have to make do with him, I guess.

Quote:
*About Unicorn? What does happen to Banagher in the ending? I mean he doesn't say something and he leaves after the fight against Fullfrontal. I watched only the TV version series though.
Banagher turned out fine after his catatonic/crystallized state. He went to disable the EF's forces that were coming to capture Nahel Argama & the UC Charter. Then, he went back to Audrey. After that, it's an open-ending which intentionally left things hanging and leaving it to the audience's imagination (at least until SunDai is in the mood to make an epilogue, continuation/sequel or cameo of the said character in future works). It's not the first time they do this kind of thing. MSG, CCA and SEED also ended the same.
Old 2017-05-14, 14:49   Link #2033
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Fron my understanding, Celestial Being were not aware of Lyle talents and resume based on the reactions of some of the other pilots (and Tieria led the Celestial Being rebuilding during the timeskip so him not knowing is a big sign). They were not even aware that he was from Katharon.

Setsuna who actually recruited him seems to be the only one to know his real abilities and background while Sumeragi only found out after looking over his test results in Episode 3. For whatever reason Setsuna being Setsuna he decided to hide Lyle's origins and pretended he was a normal guy. Possibly he made an agreement with Lyle since Lyle also wants and did use Celestial Being to aid Katharon.

How Setsuna came upon that info is not clear but one of the more obsecure Yun Kouga one shot mangas have him randomly running into him in a bar and go through the usual surprise of his appearance. Presumably he researched him afterwards, since Setsuna appears to be a resourceful guy by himself.
Old 2017-05-17, 20:54   Link #2034
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Two more questions:
*About Destiny. Why did Kira join ZAFT in the ending? In SEED, he lives in an Orb colony and becomes a reclutant soldier for the Earth forces. Then in Destiny he is officially one of Orb's soldiers. Same happens with Athrun. Why did he stay with Orb rather than staying with ZAFT after Durandal's death.
*Then about 00, how did Setsuna and Ribbons find their original Gundams in the middle of their final battle? It was cool as heck, but there was little context.
Old 2017-05-17, 22:53   Link #2035
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

In the anime, there is a scene where Sumeragi asked Ian to prepare to launch the Exia R2 to Setsuna, predicting while watching the battle that Setsuna might need it. Later they just sent it to his location after 00 got thrashed (that flash he saw in the distance as he regained consciousness was R2 or something carrying R2 coming to him). After it arrived there, they took the remaining Original GN Drive on 00 and installed it on Exia.

Ribbons coincidentally found 0 Gundam floating in the space station, as Lasse used and abandoned it earlier after it ran out of power. He then somehow installed the Original GN Drive he stole from 00 on it. I speculate he used Reborns' arms to do the heavy lifting and work. After the installation was completed he launched hoping to get the remaining GN Drive from Setsuna.

Both of 00's Original GN Drives were destroyed as 0 Gundam and Exia stabbed each other. This left Celestial Being without a fully functional Twin Drive System and only two GN Drives left - as they lost three precious reactors during the final campaign.

Last edited by SonicSP; 2017-05-18 at 11:57.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-17, 23:04   Link #2036
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Kira and Athrun went into the respective militaries that they did on account of the women they followed after. Lacus officially joined the PLANT Council, so Kira entered the ZAFT military so he could protect and serve for her. Also likely because it'd be a deterrent against any other power-seeker or warmonger still residing within the PLANT or ZAFT bodies. Athrun would be much the same, doing so to stop doubting himself and to remain close to Cagalli in a capacity where he'd be useful.
Old 2017-05-23, 10:39   Link #2037
cyberdemon

Quote:
Two more questions:
*About Destiny. Why did Kira join ZAFT in the ending? In SEED, he lives in an Orb colony and becomes a reclutant soldier for the Earth forces. Then in Destiny he is officially one of Orb's soldiers. Same happens with Athrun. Why did he stay with Orb rather than staying with ZAFT after Durandal's death.
*Then about 00, how did Setsuna and Ribbons find their original Gundams in the middle of their final battle? It was cool as heck, but there was little context.
Kira followed Lacus, simple as that. He wants to protect her and joining ZAFT was simply the best way to do so.

Athrun likely couldn't go back to ZAFT. He's been betrayed and defected from them a few too many times at that point. He too also wishes to protect Cagalli.
Old 2017-05-23, 18:17   Link #2038
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Is there a reason why Char's Counterattack had such an ambiguous ending? I mean, I checked the Gundam wikia and they said the novel explains the fate of Amuro and Char

Also, what's the connection between Ribbons and those aliens from the 00 movie that appeared in an early scene next to Setsuna?
Old 2017-05-23, 20:36   Link #2039
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

There's no connection between Ribbons and the aliens. The one you saw in the movie was a different Innovade that had the same DNA type as him, which is common a thing with Innovades who only use a few DNA types (as an example, during the Season 2 Epilogue credits, you can see many Innovades around the world using the same few DNA types - Ribbons-type, Anew-types, Bring-types, etc everywhere).

That Innovade that looked like Ribbons was part of the crew of the Europa. When the ELS took over its remains after emerging from the Jupiter wormhole they also took over his corpse. In the movie, they then flew the Europa onto Earth where the ESF Army destroyed it.

That the ELS happened to find a Ribbons-type Innovade corpse was purely coincidental, but again there many clones of the same type, so this is not as far off as it may seem. The movie also briefly went over his profile in one scene after the encounter.

Of course in real life, the movie creators just wanted to put something shocking in the movie trailer, which to my memory was Setsuna shouting "Ribbons Almark?!!" - just to generate hype and discussion.

His name was Sky Eclipse and he was one of the crew member of the Europa, a Jupiter manned exploration expedition ship more than a century ago, the same expedition that Profession Eifman exclaimed before he was assasinated in Season 1. In truth, the manned exploration thing was just a front and it's real purpose was to research and develop Original GN Drives. That story is further expanded in the second part of this post down below.

Ribbons-type DNA appears to be based of a person called E.A. Ray, which in the movie Epilogue flashback appears to be Aeolia's good friend. The name of course is an Easter egg reference to Ensign Amuro Ray from the UC timeline, which shares the same Japanese voice actor as Ribbons. Other references include their mobile suits like 0 Gundam and RX-78-2 being similar.

http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/Sky_Eclipse
=============

The story of the Europa is closely tied to the GN Drives so I thought I might as well go into that as well.

The story was that after the Original GN Drives were completed (which took more than 20 years), the unnamed lead scientist of the project self destructed the ship, killling everyone on board (including Sky Eclipse) as per the plan. These also included the woman he loved and his close friends. He made sure to destroy most of the data disks. All of this was done to prevent the GN Drive technology from leaking out.

However, either through sabotage or sheer coincidence, the Purple Haro which contained data on the Original GN Drive survived.

Years later when the Corner family's crew finally arrived at wreckage of the Europa after six years of searching+traveling, they managed to find the Purple Haro and the data needed to make Original GN Drives. This was also presented in a short flashback scene in Season 1.

The Corner family tried to make Original GN Drives but was unsucccessful because the core component, the TD Blanket required Jupiter's heavy gravity environment to make. Failing to do this, they temporarily settled with "pseudo reactors" - the GN Drive Taus which uses an "energy converter" component (HG Throne Drei manual) as its core component instead of a TD Blanket. It can be safely presumed that they invented it.

Originally the GN-X series from Season 1 were meant to use Original GN Drives but was only fitted with Tau Drives because of the forementioned problems with making TD Blankets. Some parts of the GN-X design were even engineered for use with Original GN Drives since it was part of the their plan (MG GN-X manual).

However by Season 2, Ribbons/ESF permanently settled with GN Drive Taus and gave up on the Original Drive project because the Tau performance were improving and were considered to be good enough (MG GN-X manual). In addition they were way way easier to manufacture as they can be made anywhere (Gundam 00 1st Mechanics book).

By the time of the GN-XIII, all of the engineering traits that were geared for Original Drives in the first generation GN-X had been removed as they were no longer plans to use them (MG GN-X manual).

Last edited by SonicSP; 2017-05-24 at 01:59.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-16, 14:21   Link #2040
CharKO84
Avenge stuff and junk.

Can anyone tell me the exact episode of G Gundam where the Master Gundam does that attack where it creates little copies of itself that attack the enemy?
CharKO84 is offline   Reply With Quote