AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Who’s Under the Mask?
Madara 104 32.91%
Madara’s Son 14 4.43%
Madara’s Clone 30 9.49%
Madara’s Ghost/Soul/Poltergeist given shape... 33 10.44%
Obito 59 18.67%
Obito’s Body, but not really Obito... 55 17.41%
Someone else’s body (not Obito’s)... 21 6.65%
Zetsu’s Love Child... 23 7.28%
Tobirama/Sarutobi/or anyone with a 'tobi' in their name... 16 5.06%
Bruce Wayne or other… 69 21.84%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 316. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-07-18, 10:43   Link #1041
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I don't think Madara implanted "himself" into anything. Tobi acts too differently from Madara.

Also, the mere fact that Madara could be summoned through Edo Tensei kind of discounts the fact that Madara is still alive.

That being said, I will admit, I just don't want it to be Obito. And as long as there's only one circumstantial hint, I will keep hoping for the best. If not, I'm at least hoping for a damn good explanation.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 11:50   Link #1042
Cael
Lurker Mode

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Tobi is NOT Obito. Rather Tobi is Obito's father... *cue Darth Vader mask breathing noise*

Spoiler for Size - A few reasons why:
Cael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 13:51   Link #1043
and17y1

I want to express my opinion too.
The chances for Tobi being Obito are icreasing. Why to think he is Obito ? When he died his whole right side was crushed by this rock, he gave his left eye to Kakashi. As we know during the battle between Minato and Tobi, when Tobi was hit with Rasengan something strange was falling from his arm, the same tissue was falling like the White Zetsu has. What if after the Obito incident someone spurred him (someone like Madara who wants Uchiha) and saved him by implanting Hashirama's cells in him in order to cure his body, to rehabilitate him. I consider that Madara Uchiha lived long after he had been "killed" because as we know he possesed Hashirama's cells. Also if we accept that Tobi is Obito how in the world Obito obtained a contract to summon Kurama ? Madara gave him this contract. Also i should note that if my theory is right Madara was looking for followers, he had a big grudge against Konoha and used Obito, moreover manipulated him to increase Obito's grudge itself and we can witness Madara's legacy. Also I think that in Obito(Tobi) activated his Mangekyou Sharingan either in the moment when he was crushed by the rock or when Madara passed him down his hatred, Obito was full of suffering and this triggered MS activation. Now remember that Kakashi can use Kamui - jutsu based on Tobi's space-time migration techniques. For Kakashi to be able to use space-time migration jutsu - this means there's an possibility that he has Tobi's ( Obito's) eye. Also until Kakashi there was anyone who could use Kamui but how did Tobi know about it [During Naruto vs. Sasuke (after Sasuke defeated Danzo) Kakashi wanted to wipe out Tobi, yet Tobi told him jutsu like this dont work on him] ? And again: how Tobi knew about Kamui, how was he able to detect it straight away after Kakashi showed his MS and even before the technique itself started to suck him up he told kakashi its not going to work. Maybe because Kakashi obtains the same technique as his old friend, Obito. He has grudge towards konoha and I think when Tobi summoned Kurama to attack Konoha he only had one eye (the eye in the hole of his mask) and hadnt had an eye in his right socket. So no one knew there is one extra living Uchiha. And why does Tobi have all these Sharingans in his laboratory ? I think its because after the Uchiha massacre he collected all the Sharingans left in the dead Uchiha people. And now we see Tobi reminding Kakashi that he(kakashi) has been living a life full of regrets.

And I suppose Madara told him all the secrets of the Uchiha clan, of SO6P. Everything. As i think of it I found this story sad. Of course this is if my theory is true.

2 problems to this theory: Kisame recognized Madara when Tobi took off his mask. Tobi should be the same age as Nagato which is very contradicting and less possible.

Last edited by and17y1; 2012-07-18 at 14:38.
and17y1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 13:56   Link #1044
RDF2050
Superidol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cael View Post
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Tobi is NOT Obito. Rather Tobi is Obito's father... *cue Darth Vader mask breathing noise*

Never think about this before but it does make a lot sense. Hope your theory come true.
Old 2012-07-18, 17:32   Link #1045
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cael View Post

I like this theory and never thought of it before. my only problem with it is that it makes tobi wearing a mask this whole time almost pointless. and him being a character we never met seems lackluster. it does make sense though that obito's father would have been talented since obito was clearly capable of achieving MS
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 18:48   Link #1046
Cael
Lurker Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
I like this theory and never thought of it before. my only problem with it is that it makes tobi wearing a mask this whole time almost pointless. and him being a character we never met seems lackluster. it does make sense though that obito's father would have been talented since obito was clearly capable of achieving MS
-The way I see it, is that children in this series often imitate their parents style.
-The Akimichi clan wears heavy armor, the Aburame clan wears clothing that covers most of their mouth and dark sun glasses.
-So Obito's father may have worn some type of goggle/mask hybrid or something similar to the ANBU masks and his son was imitating him by wearing goggles.
-Tobi now is just embracing the style his son was copying, but also he wears it to hide his identity because he is claiming to be someone he is not, Madara.
-Where if he was not wearing the mask he could not convince the Kages that he was Madara and therefore not start a war to draw out the jinchuuriki.
Cael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 21:48   Link #1047
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Obito is not Tobi too in my opinion since Obito/Kakashi/Rin are still kids when the 4th hokage fight Tobi
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 22:50   Link #1048
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Tobi is Obito's clone from Orochimaru's lab...
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 01:27   Link #1049
prakash123

If many are saying tobi=obito(infused with chunks of madara chakra)why is it that kurama hasn't recognized madaras chakra in tobi?when sasuke when into naruto and met the kyuubi at the beginning it was clear that kurama recognized madaras chakra and compared it to sasuke(sasuke's chakra being more sinister) as mentioned by kurama.and now that kurama is in talkin terms with naruto he hasn't said anything?or naruto should be able to sense madaras chakra as kurama is lending him power.

Also one thing that I'm quite sure of now after read chap 594 is that kakashi and tobi are related some way.quite sometime back I read somewhere that Kishi stated in his interview that kakshi has a big part to play in this war.

Last edited by prakash123; 2012-07-19 at 01:45.
prakash123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 03:16   Link #1050
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
my only problem with it is that it makes tobi wearing a mask this whole time almost pointless. and him being a character we never met seems lackluster.
It's something I pointed out before and no one seems to buy it. But can't you consider the possibility that the above quote is the exact reason why Kishi had him wear a mask up to now? To throw people like you off the scent, thinking "Yeah there's no way he's not someone we know because why else would he be wearing a mask?".
Old 2012-07-19, 04:21   Link #1051
sky black swordman

For the love of God!
I always thought that Tobi was on of the sons of the Sage of Six paths .
But know it point to Obito being Tobi.
That comment to Kakashi made by Tobi almost made it certain that Obito is Tobi . Or the very least has a connection to Kakashi is someway to know anything about kakashi's life.
Old 2012-07-19, 09:49   Link #1052
Mateus

Maybe Tobi is only half-obito, like half of his face or body. Maybe he found him there and discovered he had a large chakra threshold or some undiscovered talent and had him merged with himself.
Old 2012-07-19, 10:11   Link #1053
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Sorry but there was not hint about obito. Gai asked just who are you. And tobi replied that he doesnt even remember faces so why tell him.
Old 2012-07-19, 10:21   Link #1054
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash123 View Post
Also one thing that I'm quite sure of now after read chap 594 is that kakashi and tobi are related some way.quite sometime back I read somewhere that Kishi stated in his interview that kakshi has a big part to play in this war.
You probably read about the infamous "Year of Kakashi." Which Kishi later apologized for blowing off. Kakashi was suppose to go on some big rampage against the swordsman, and then nothing happened. Kakashi was going to have a big part in the war. But things changed.

Tobi addressed both Kakashi and Gai. The line about not remembering faces was for Gai. So Kishi was obviously implying Tobi knows them. It wasn't just Kakashi.

If you think about the type of villain Tobi is, an old and powerful entity who thinks he is on the level of Minato and Madara(if he Izuna), he shouldn't know or concern himself about personal traits of two Konoha jonin who were kids when he was unleashing the Kyuubi. But someone like Obito would since he grew up with Kakashi and Gai.

Kishi is going to have to come up with a really good explanation for how some of Obito is in Tobi. I don't want Tobi to be another Kabuto/Orochimaru/Danzou. Another guy who messed around with genetics and implanted DNA into himself. I'd rather him be just Izuna Uchiha.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 11:43   Link #1055
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash123 View Post
If many are saying tobi=obito(infused with chunks of madara chakra)why is it that kurama hasn't recognized madaras chakra in tobi?
kurama never noticed minato's or kushina's chakra inside naruto either. it would be a similar technique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
It's something I pointed out before and no one seems to buy it. But can't you consider the possibility that the above quote is the exact reason why Kishi had him wear a mask up to now? To throw people like you off the scent, thinking "Yeah there's no way he's not someone we know because why else would he be wearing a mask?".
yea its a good point. i agree that it could just as easily be that. i'm still stuck on it being lacklaster for tobi to be a new character since it would diminish the impact for me at least. it could still be good though and its one of the theories that still can happen of course, just that the age of the new character is limited to kakashi's generation or one older pretty much
Old 2012-07-19, 13:10   Link #1056
skybolt

Ok folks, after reading all the great posts here in this thread, I tend to believe that basically everyone is right. Tobi could very well be Obito due to his space / time jutsu. He could very well be Shisui since he was able to control the 4th Mizukage (similar to Shisui), and he could very well be Nawaki because the timeline would match. The only way everyone can be correct is if Tobi is an experimental abomination created by Madara to be able to usurp everone's jutsu and memories once they are dead.

Let's not forget that in the Naruto world things aren't always what they seem. We saw Jiraiya fight against an already dead Yahico, but it actually turned out to be Nagato controlling the 6 pains. Sakura and Lady Chiyo fought against the 3rd Kazekage, but it was actually a puppet version of him. We also saw naruto fight against the 3rd Raikage, but it was actually an Edo Tensai version of him. Not to mention Orochimaro and his technique of taking over bodies.

We already know that Tobi has a way of storing the chakra of all the tailed beasts somehow, so why can't he do the same with dead shinobi, and redirect their jutsus and memories into his being. Madara probably created Tobi 60 years ago to be self sustaining using the 1st Hokage's DNA. Later on Tobi was able to usurp other shinobi such as Nawaki, Obito and Shisui into his being after their deaths (as well as other ninja from all five villages). This would not only give him their powers, but their memories and insight of their respective villages as well.

That being said, perhaps his body and soul usurping justu is limited to the recently deceased and cannot be used on someone dead for more than 24 hours. That's why he's not able to usurp already dead ninja from long ago. Also, perhaps his jutsu can only work if the shinobi is still very young such as Nawaki, Shisui and Obito. Zetsu was probably his lead into finding their recently deceased bodies before they decayed.

Tobi is no one and everyone at the same time!
skybolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 15:10   Link #1057
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

^Ahahaha, interesting theory that just might work, if you work out all of the kinks in it anyways.

Yeah as usual, I'm drawing a total blank on who he might be. There's still not enough evidence to point to any particular individual. "He knows Kakashi and Guy" doesn't really narrow it down much.
Old 2012-07-19, 18:13   Link #1058
Kowai

I'd have to say tobi being obito's dad is more likely than any time traveling/aging asspull.

Tobi has wrinkles on his face from when he took his mask off Ingrid of Sasuke/blown off infront of konan. If Minato was still alive I don't think he would be thy wrinkly since jiraiya didnt have wrinkles.
Also, Minato would recognize fighting his student I would think that thoroughly rules out obito being tobi.

Tobi could name his son obito, and he could have been familiar with the other gennin in his son's age group (how he knows about Kakashi/Gai).
For this to work obito's dad madara has to be related to Madara or something.

*Edit: Cael beat me to it
Old 2012-07-20, 10:05   Link #1059
David_The_Gnome
MR Claytard

Enough with dragging the suspense. How about...

Kakashi walks up to Tobi, looks him in the eye and dares Tobi to take off the mask if he takes off his.

Done.
David_The_Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 12:18   Link #1060
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_The_Gnome View Post
Enough with dragging the suspense. How about...

Kakashi walks up to Tobi, looks him in the eye and dares Tobi to take off the mask if he takes off his.

Done.
Spoiler for like this?:

Tags
tobi