Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-08-11, 22:10   Link #201
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Is it wrong that I love both the manga and the anime?
No. And never, never let a bunch of bullies strongarm you into believing it is.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-11, 22:31   Link #202
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

So Ive watched the episode and I wanna ask something, The reactions of Kuromine were like in this one in the previous episodes? Cause at some point I really started to feel bad for how unappealing they were.
Old 2015-08-11, 23:26   Link #203
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

Ok, saw the episode. It was hilarious, LOL BBL scene, hope she has more dream sequences like that between those two guy's, that'd be funny

I like this new character, she's right Youko is very oblivious to well every thing LOL.

Finally this new character will open up Youko's eyes about her feelings for Asashi. Of course she joined the school, that happens in every harem or love triangle Slice of life Anime.

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Gintokifan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-12, 00:11   Link #204
Funkatron
Highly irregular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
No. And never, never let a bunch of bullies strongarm you into believing it is.
This. I'm loving this series a lot and read a few chapters of the manga to see the difference and frankly, both have their charm.
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-12, 01:11   Link #205
SQA

I just really, really hope that Aizawa's home-made cake is a foreshadowing. I really, really want to see those chapters animated.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-12, 01:19   Link #206
Botan_TM

This show is quite crazy, reminds me my favourite Seto no Hanayome.
Old 2015-08-12, 08:32   Link #207
DemonneoPT

I have to say i'm surprised this anime is not popular in Japan. By readind the previous pages of this topic that seems to happen because the adaptation is not being a faithfull one. I'm not of a reader, but i think i will try the manga some day because so far, this has been very entertaining to watch. Episodes 4 and 6 were funny as hell. I laugh way to much with this anime
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-12, 08:36   Link #208
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonneoPT View Post
I have to say i'm surprised this anime is not popular in Japan. By readind the previous pages of this topic that seems to happen because the adaptation is not being a faithfull one. I'm not of a reader, but i think i will try the manga some day because so far, this has been very entertaining to watch. Episodes 4 and 6 were funny as hell. I laugh way to much with this anime
Some of the manga chapters will split your sides, but some of those are later in.

I'm still not quite sure not quite sure why the Japanese response is so muted, but they've bought up hack-jobs with abandon before and this is done competently. And we haven't even gotten to the really good stuff yet.
Old 2015-08-12, 10:48   Link #209
Soliloquy
絶対領域に嵌り過ぎた。

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQA View Post
Some of the manga chapters will split your sides, but some of those are later in.

I'm still not quite sure not quite sure why the Japanese response is so muted, but they've bought up hack-jobs with abandon before and this is done competently. And we haven't even gotten to the really good stuff yet.
Yep, I would never really trust the anime taste of Japanese Otaku. The fact Mahouka and SAO is massively popular is reason enough to believe so, when there isn't anything going for it other than being overwhelmingly the wish fulfillment fantasy.

This anime is unfairly maligned for not being 100% faithful to the original source, I can only say some anime fans are a bit entitled. I'm just happy enough it was made into the anime not long after the manga came out. I sure hope the anime eventually adapts all the chapters because the manga gets only better. Somehow that possibility may just vanish when the disgruntled fans cannot stop complaining about every little flaws. There were anime that didn't live up to my expectation as a manga reader but I appreciated for what it is. I wish that was the normal attitude for fans of this industry.
Old 2015-08-12, 11:38   Link #210
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliloquy View Post
Yep, I would never really trust the anime taste of Japanese Otaku. The fact Mahouka and SAO is massively popular is reason enough to believe so, when there isn't anything going for it other than being overwhelmingly the wish fulfillment fantasy.

This anime is unfairly maligned for not being 100% faithful to the original source, I can only say some anime fans are a bit entitled. I'm just happy enough it was made into the anime not long after the manga came out. I sure hope the anime eventually adapts all the chapters because the manga gets only better. Somehow that possibility may just vanish when the disgruntled fans cannot stop complaining about every little flaws. There were anime that didn't live up to my expectation as a manga reader but I appreciated for what it is. I wish that was the normal attitude for fans of this industry.
I do think the art could be a little more stylized, but it's got a good staff and solid animation. They'd adapted the major plot points well and worked around the wonkier aspects. Most of the major cast do their parts well and the jokes do land well enough.

I think some of the kicker is that it might have a bigger non-Japanese following than in-Japan following (we're starting to see this more often), which complicates matters, and the really good stuff doesn't take off until chapter 30 or later. The first couple dozen chapters have some good bits, but they're nothing too ground breaking. But then Akane completely changes the series.

Unless the complaint isn't enough Mikan, then I really can't help anyone. Early chapters Mikan is just irritating and not funny.
Old 2015-08-12, 12:06   Link #211
chaos_animagic

The art style in anime is "generalized" so it's easier to produce and animate.

Using the art in the manga makes it look clunky when animated due to the over-expressions of characters. (but the part that we liked about the manga... lol)

Like I said in here somewhere, over-hyped comedy series tends to be super popular in Manga usually ends up as unpopular in anime... no idea why this happens, but it just do.

Same as how animes that features violence usually ends up more popular than light-hearted-slice-of-life comedy. (yea yea, anime with violence got more things to discuss...)
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-12, 15:03   Link #212
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

honestly, that "wolf man" is seriously weird

well, it seems like at least he/she could somehow boost the relationship between Youko and Kuromine
this episode is quite short though..
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-12, 16:38   Link #213
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
honestly, that "wolf man" is seriously weird

well, it seems like at least he/she could somehow boost the relationship between Youko and Kuromine
this episode is quite short though..
Instead of a were"wolf" she is a were"wolfman".
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-12, 17:36   Link #214
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Eh, the girl seems more predatory than the boy. That guy's just short tempered.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-12, 22:05   Link #215
Sebazu

First episode of this that i genuinely liked.
I'm a little worried about the name of the next episode though. If it's the episode i think it is then they are going to skip a lot of stuff.
Sebazu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-14, 03:08   Link #216
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

I have to wonder, is there any Japanese pun involved in this character? Like, "wolf" meaning a sexually aggressive woman or something? That would make the "wolfman" joke make a lot more sense.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-14, 04:32   Link #217
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
I have to wonder, is there any Japanese pun involved in this character? Like, "wolf" meaning a sexually aggressive woman or something? That would make the "wolfman" joke make a lot more sense.
Well, he/she is an "ookami", there's the easy "okama" (i.e. cross-dresser) joke that I don't recall them ever making.

That's about the only one I could come up with.
Old 2015-08-14, 11:29   Link #218
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQA View Post
Well, he/she is an "ookami", there's the easy "okama" (i.e. cross-dresser) joke that I don't recall them ever making.

That's about the only one I could come up with.
I suppose that could be it. Whatever .

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-14, 11:52   Link #219
Sebazu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
I suppose that could be it. Whatever .
Well, i did read a story where a gir was being refered to as a wolf for being sexually agressive, and they are definetely called carnivorous women at least.
Sebazu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-14, 15:38   Link #220
SQA

There's also the "meat eater" joke that really doesn't translate to English.