AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Days

Notices

View Poll Results: School Days - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 38 36.54%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 32 30.77%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 7.69%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 5.77%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 3.85%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 4.81%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 11 10.58%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-04, 20:55   Link #81
Shana

Spoiler for Episode 10:
Old 2007-09-04, 21:08   Link #82
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Well, at least Taisuke "sticks" with only one girl.

But I didn't like how he forced himself on Katsura. Poor girl didn't know it was coming.
Old 2007-09-04, 21:20   Link #83
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by tun View Post
they all did a bunch of terrible things but Makoto is the one that caused them to do so most of the time. I don't hold anything against the girls really.
I disagree even though Makoto did not help any of the situations he was completely to blame for all of them. It takes to to tango Sekai knew what she was doing when she kissed and when she slept with him. Otome also knew what she was doing when she invited Makoto to the lounge even with knowledge that he was with Katsura and at that point it was impossible for her not to know that he and Sekai had something going on. So imo everyone is responsible for their own actions but there is no doubt Makoto was the catalyst in many situations.
Old 2007-09-04, 21:33   Link #84
Ryoza
Woah ~~ !

Everyone is responsible, yeah, but you'd expect Makoto to resist if he didn't want any of that. He could have just rejected Otome, etc..but he chose not to and followed his lust instead.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-09-04, 21:49   Link #85
patnam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceywacey View Post
Far out. I used to be one of the people to give Makoto a chance, but now I realise that the story writers WANT us to hate him.

At this point this is the ending I want:
- Kotonoha goes stabbity stab on Sekai on the bridge
- Kotonoha quickly trains it up to Setsuna and goes stabbity stab before she escapes on the plane
- Makoto lures Otome in the gym room for the promise of Makoto nookie, but .... it turns out its Kotonoha in a boys school uniform wearing a Makoto wig!!! She locks the door and goes stabbity stabzzor!
- Otome manages to send a distress signal to her gang of whores with her pink phone, and they break into the gym just as Otome dies from blood loss from a knife in the eye. Kotonoha turns around with those lifeless eyes and says "Who do you think I am?? GIGA KNIFE BREAKER!!!" and she disappears. A second later she reappears behind the whore gang with her knife to the sky. The whore gang suddenly explode in blood and collapse
- The last scene is Makoto lying in a bed, the camera zooms on his face. He has a lifeless look. Off camera we hear Kotonoha grunting and enjoying herself. The camera suddenly zooms out and we see that Makoto's arms and legs have been chopped off, the stumps bandaged cleanly. Kotonoha is enjoying herself in the woman on top position. Her eyes are lifeless, but she has an evil grin on her face. "Makota ga suki" is her final words.

Anata Ga Inai End music starts blasting at full volume! (have to put the soundtrack in)

// END SCHOOL DAYS!
What a violent ending......
Old 2007-09-04, 22:01   Link #86
tun
lolwut
*Fansubber

http://tracker.anirena.com/download.php?id=1957

here's a speed sub done by me. timed to saiyaman's raw. don't expect too much though lol.
Old 2007-09-04, 22:10   Link #87
Chewy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tun View Post
http://tracker.anirena.com/download.php?id=1957

here's a speed sub done by me. timed to saiyaman's raw. don't expect too much though lol.
Love your comments, HAHA
Old 2007-09-04, 22:13   Link #88
Major1138

Wow. Just wow. This whole series is like a train wreck - you just can't not watch, even though virtually the entire cast is dislikeable to one degree or another. The series producers deserve full props for that.

Poor Kotonoha. I think the girl has completely snapped now. I'm not exactly sure what Setsuna is thinking with her proposed "deal" with Makoto, but I'm not entirely convinced she's only doing it for Sekai. Taisuke is a tool. Makoto is in deep trouble now. So far, he's managed to stay one step ahead of everyone else, and has yet to face the consequences of what he's done (not that everyone else is 100% blameless, but he's someone managed to avoid any direct repercussions so far), but there's no way that can continue.

Although the scene with Sekai and Kotonoha on the bridge heavily implies a particular outcome, I don't think it's going to play out like that - Kotonoha already knows Makoto's been fooling around with Sekai, and she thinks that Setsuna is doing so as well behind both their backs. I still haven't decided though if the knives are a giant red herring (as well as being a nod to the game) or whether things will play out the way everyone seems to think they will.

That being said, there's no way this has a happy ending now. Bittersweet is the best one can hope for. I haven't played the game (although the notorious endings are pretty easy to find), but I'm beginning to think that there the series will have an original ending. I just can't see them fitting in one of the game endings straight-up. They might borrow elements and use them together, but that's about the extent of it.
Old 2007-09-04, 22:25   Link #89
adamatari

The only happy ending would be a gore ending at this point. Maybe a Higurashi crossover?

Also, I think Makoto's personality is best described as pure man-slut. A unfaithful, promise breaking man-slut at that.

Spoiler for Thoughts and speculation:
Old 2007-09-05, 00:00   Link #90
Zeira

I have not watched it yet, so I am going off of that wonderful thing called speculation.

ok...
Sekai. I really want to know whats going through her mind right now. I had hoped it would be her to see the tape, and it was.

As for Setsuna, I understand the good intentions part, but I still don't like it. The way I see it, If she knows Makoto's personality down to a T, then the logical conclusion would be for her to realize that she won't always be around to keep Makoto. Even if she offers her body over to him for the purest of reasons, she won't be there next time to offer her body over to try to get him to stop cheating on Sekai.

It is aggravating cause she knows how her bestfriend is. She says that Sekai is more fragile then she seems. However, at the same time she knows that Makoto is a lieing, cheating, asshole. That right there is a bad combination. Her being so smart, she should be trying to keep Sekai away from him. >.> trying to find Sekai someone decent to be with, that could actualy take care of her.

I know this probably won't happen in the anime, but another thing about the Setsuna situation. Man! if Sekai was to ever find out that her Boyfriend, and her bestfriend had sex. (though from what I read, we aren't sure about that) that would be the worse. It is obvious Sekai wants her man, but would she really want to have her friend have sex with him, just so she could keep him.. probably not.

That situation sucks for Sekai. Cause unlike KotoxSekai, SekaixSetsuna are real true Best friends. I guess that would be like Karma x 3 coming around to haunt her
Old 2007-09-05, 02:28   Link #91
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

*Over 9000 jawdrop*
Nooooo! SETSUNAaaaaaaa!

Man...things are getting pretty messed up, it's only a matter of time before Kotonoha goes homicidal on someone.

And Makoto...he must have somekind of cosmic force working in his favor, but he can't escape karma, and all these things he's doing are going to return to him at some point

The way event are unfolding, it's nearly impossible to figure what's going to happen next,. so, let's just wait for next week's episode
Old 2007-09-05, 07:48   Link #92
Azncoke123

This is how I think the anime will end
1. Koto kills Sekai
2. Makoto found out that koto killed sekai and feels responible for making Koto go berserk.
3. Makoto sucidies
4. Koto ends up in prison.
Old 2007-09-05, 08:37   Link #93
Kristen
*Author

Spoiler:
Old 2007-09-05, 08:56   Link #94
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
After watching the episode the only thing i can say is the characters in this series are so dysfunctional I am ready to pull my heart out. I enjoyed the Setsuna leaving on a Jet place scene and im so curious as to what Makoto wanted to say to her. As Skyfall and Klashikari have already summed up Makoto's and Setsuna's scene in the bedroom quite accurately and nicely there is no need to mention it again. Go read their post if you want more.

Also, people seem to get off on the unhappiness of others at this school its heroin. The senior girls didnt care that people were crying having their most intimate moments shown on screen its wrong. Otome has sunk even lower but at least after her talk with Makoto after they did it the first time i can understand her a little better. Basically she knows Makoto has never really looked at her as a girl before and she is willing to take whatever he is offering she is just happy to have something no matter what it is with him (*cough SEX cough*) Now there are 2 credits i will give to her. The first one being the look on her face when she realized that Sekai was going to see the video of her and Makoto she looked a little remorseful. The 2nd and this one is just a guess but she was not teasing Katsura with the rest of senior girls, she made that one snobby comment before leaving. Now either she couldnt be bothered at the time or since she has already had Makoto there is no need to say anything anymore.

Since Taisuke does not deserve my precious time ill keep it short. You raped a girl you bastard and then you were DISSED AND DISMISSED wallow in your own self pity and lament on your actions.

Now for the hard part Sigh I dont know if there is any help left for her at this point. She not only sees Sekai and Makoto kissing after she was raped but Setsuna forces Itou hand to break up with her not to mention the bullying again its just to sad. Now the close up on the knives was such a plot device its crazy but then we see her on bridge where SURPRISE Sekai runs into her after seeing Makoto cant keep his penis in his pants. Its quite possible that we are going to get a bad ending but..................

I feel that certain things in the past 2 episodes have been 2 obvious. ALthought i dont have much hope left i one single ray of light shinning down. I hope im right but the build up of all the negative events would be a great set up for a complete turn around for a good ending, it blow everyone away. Given the fact the bad ending with current events would not be surprise. Again, this is just a theory but i have discussed in detail with a couple of people and they agree. I believe by the end of epiosde 11 we will be able to make a somewhat accurate prediction for the end.

If everything does not go well for Katsura i dont want Makoto to die. I want him to live go to college and keep having sex with as many girls as possible and get the worst VD known to man and dies a slow agonizing death alone thinking about how he will atone for his sins in his next life
Old 2007-09-05, 09:30   Link #95
adamatari

I think I have to put in a few words in Taisuke's defense, as much as I don't really want to. After thinking it over for a bit, I think it's perhaps too much to call him a rapist. Consider the situation: he starts to go for it, gets no resistance. Now, Kotonoha is fully awake and sober (though well on her way to crazytown), and we know she can land a nice slap if she wants to. Yet it seems very much like she did nothing, especially considering Taisuke's actions the next day.

Now, some of you will say that sex requires positive consent. While legally that's the case, I'd just like to point out that often when people actually get down to it they don't always ask, "hey, you mind if I stick it in?". Especially if you start taking off someone's clothes and they don't object. Now, you'd have to be pretty blockheaded to not notice your partner was all sorts of crazy, but still, there's a difference between being a blockhead and a rapist.

Basically, I think this is one of those grey area "taken advantage of" situations. Legally, it's probably rape, but I think it's fair to expect some resistance on the part of the raped party when they're sober and aware. It's hard for me to totally blame Taisuke, as I don't think he would have kept going if she had really tried to stop him. It's really a horrible misunderstanding on his part, and considering his character up to this point and afterward, I find it hard to believe he had any intent to hurt Kotonoha. It's a sucky situation where everyone loses, really.
Old 2007-09-05, 09:36   Link #96
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamatari View Post
but I think it's fair to expect some resistance on the part of the raped party when they're sober and aware. It's hard for me to totally blame Taisuke, as I don't think he would have kept going if she had really tried to stop him
GO back and watch that scene again Katsura was not aware she was not in the right state of mind she was basically zombie. A better way to put it is and i dont know if you have seen episode 10 or not but look her face when Taisuke grabs her and then go look at her face when she is standing on the bridge. Taisuke choose not to pay attention to her feelings he was thinking of him self when he did it saying nothing is no consent.
Old 2007-09-05, 09:42   Link #97
kayos
Banned

I just realized something...

Spoiler:
Old 2007-09-05, 09:44   Link #98
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
I just realized something...

Spoiler:
Your last comment made me cringe not that i dont agree with you but OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2007-09-05, 09:46   Link #99
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
Those knives have names already. But Koto has a proper weapon ready for Taisuke: a flamethrower. So don't worry about it.

In any case, I watched that scene and it (regarding Setsuna's feelings) to be ambiguous at best. In any case, even if Setsuna was 100% selfless, which I still doubt, that was possibly the worst course of action she could think of, which makes me think a lot less about her intelligence, which I originally held in high regard.

All in all I think they're a bunch of stupid kids and I can't really like any of them. I find the plot to be a bit of a mess at the moment too, but I can't deny it's been an entertaining watch at the very least, and I'm anxiously waiting for the conclusion.
Old 2007-09-05, 09:49   Link #100
hailstorm

On another note, I lament/ am amazed at how far anime has come. Schoolkids depicted in anime are devirginising one another in a frenzy. With plenty of angst and manipulation too. With hints of violence.

Yes, this is a visual novel/ hentai game adaptation. I am an old hand at ero-games, playing them religiously since the days of Paradise Heights/Seasons of Sakura. But School Days anime crammed so much stuff in so few episodes. Mind blowing is an understatement.

The rather mellow OP sequence of School Days is also quite deceptive. So many feathers. In a way, it's worse than Narutaru's OP - fooling you into thinking you're watching a kiddie anime, then later on you see gore and
Spoiler:

What happened to good old fashioned anime, where everything was innocent and gay (i.e happy, not homosexual)? Like Doraemon? In the case of romance, like Maison Ikkoku?

Through the years in the world of anime, something is gained, and yet something is lost.

P.S: I am not advocating censorship blah blah, just thinking aloud and typing. I voted 10 for this episode.
Closed Thread