AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-06-26, 18:04   Link #21
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Poor Rui gets a real pain in the neck for being a nice guy . Clearly from that flashback Midori didn't have someon understanding around her. Parents were pretty disturbed by their daughter knowing everything they were thinking. Mind reading seemed to come on a lot stronger and earlier than for Ran. Though doesn't give clearance to go hurt innocent people for your whims.

Was a bit surprised by some reason with Rui's voice, but will probably be fine with it after a few episodes. Guy did a good job putting a stop to the telepathy fight before things really got out of hand.

Thought the first episode was alright and will see how things go.
Old 2008-06-27, 12:48   Link #22
phishn37
Time to fly ~ !

I just watched the first episode ~ ! And from what I see, I like. The animation style is colorful and fluid, the character designs are simple and fun, and the story is familiar without being too cliche. I can't wait to see more!
phishn37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 13:22   Link #23
tigerwoods

Send a message via MSN to tigerwoods
I watched the first episode a couple of days ago. Although, like many others, I don't like the character design and the OP and the ED, I enjoyed this episode, in particular the class part at the end. It was a little too much slow at the beginning.
tigerwoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-28, 09:55   Link #24
cynicalicious
I like pie.

Second ep is out in raw, and things are building up. I'm looking forward to this show now. At first, the style kind of put me off, but the acting, plot, and characterization make up for it.
cynicalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-28, 15:47   Link #25
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
ep 2
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-28, 16:16   Link #26
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Spoiler for ep2:
And I differ completely from those who don't like the OP and ED. I think they are both outstanding. Maybe it's just my folky taste. I like that odd drawl.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-28, 16:27   Link #27
Tofusensei

Send a message via AIM to Tofusensei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Spoiler for ep2:
And I differ completely from those who don't like the OP and ED. I think they are both outstanding. Maybe it's just my folky taste. I like that odd drawl.
Yeah, IMO the OP is the only redeeming thing about this show. (both the video and the song, though I've always been a Chara fan, it's not her best work). The OP illustrations are outstanding.

-Tofu
Tofusensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-28, 16:39   Link #28
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep2:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-28, 16:55   Link #29
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Spoiler for Midori, ep2:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2008-06-28 at 17:24.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-28, 17:29   Link #30
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Midori is misunderstood...like all tragic characters

No matter, I still like her and it won't be long til I can say "told you so" if the OP is any indication

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-28, 19:36   Link #31
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Midori is misunderstood...like all tragic characters

No matter, I still like her and it won't be long til I can say "told you so" if the OP is any indication
She may just fall into my usual category of characters I really didn't like early on and then they turned into one of my favourites. If a show is trying to make me not like a person all that much I'll just go with the flow .
Old 2008-06-29, 14:49   Link #32
cynicalicious
I like pie.

Don't hate on Midori-- she's just trying to warn Ran, and she's acting out on her own past, as others have said.

Spoiler for The identity of the masked person:
cynicalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-29, 15:57   Link #33
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Spoiler for Ep2:
Old 2008-06-29, 23:31   Link #34
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynicalicious View Post
she's just trying to warn Ran
And there are better ways to do it than attacking Rui for being a nice guy, calling her a monster, taunt her, etc, yes?

Quote:
Spoiler for The identity of the masked person:
I figured she was a bad guy the moment she appeared...

Quote:
and she's acting out on her own past, as others have said.
And... that means she's right/people shouldn't hate her, how? Lots of evil, evil villains in games, manga, etc. act on their past too, so we shouldn't get mad at them for what they do?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-30, 02:24   Link #35
Edgewalker
Nani ?

This is actually quite good so far. Maybe I just like its change of pace from everything else.
Edgewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-30, 04:23   Link #36
tigerwoods

Send a message via MSN to tigerwoods
I've just watched episode 2, a quite interesting one.

Spoiler for Episode 2:
Old 2008-06-30, 09:16   Link #37
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Bah, the art style is rather bland IMO especially compared to the manga. But at least they are proceeding with the plot at a fast pace.

Manga sample:
The teacher looks like she got a few extra pounds on her in the anime.

And for ppl who want to know who the mask is:
Spoiler for Don't click if you want to keep guessing:
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-30, 12:29   Link #38
phishn37
Time to fly ~ !

Episode 2...

I'm starting to like the OP and ED more, at first I was apprehensive. I find myself rewatching these few episodes, which I usually never do! I like this series for the most part so far, except for a few iffy animation scenes (the one with Fumi), but the bright colors and fun athsetic keep me interested ~ !
phishn37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-30, 12:36   Link #39
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Looking at the manga scan, to me who has read a lot of shoujo scans, its as generic as the anime albeit in another way. Oh well, I never really was that big on art anyways, so a moot point for me.

As for episode 2, yes... more psycho-bitch conflicts. (What are the odds of Ueda voicing a character in Higurashi 3? I want her there lol) I really REALLY hope they won't make up and be friends, but looking at OP, I find it very unlikely.

Thanks again to w00f for the translations. Great series so far, and one of the few shows I can actaully watch in 1080p. XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-30, 12:55   Link #40
lmd_84

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Was a bit surprised by some reason with Rui's voice, but will probably be fine with it after a few episodes. Guy did a good job putting a stop to the telepathy fight before things really got out of hand.
So Rui did stop it? I assumed he had something to do with it, given his seemingly unquestioning support of Ran, but there wasn't any on-screen evidence, was there?

I'm liking the animation style of this, simple without looking scruffy. The story has potential to be entertaining, though I hope the angst won't get too out of hand.

I thought the bit in the building with the dog and the lighter was a terribly clumsy way to attack someone, until I considered the building/contents, and not the employee, was probably the target. Even so, a bit odd, I thought.
lmd_84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
supernatural