AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-08-07, 21:56   Link #1821
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Question:

The Bazblue Shift version is the same as the original Bazblue but with 3 extra characters or is an expansion pack with the 3 extra characters that needs the original one to run?
Old 2010-08-07, 22:01   Link #1822
Demeter

I already have the first BlazeBlue, but is the second one worth buying?

I may be wrong but the only difference that I see is that there's three new characters... so I'm just wondering if there are any other differences and if the second one is better.
Demeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-07, 22:12   Link #1823
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demeter View Post
I already have the first BlazeBlue, but is the second one worth buying?

I may be wrong but the only difference that I see is that there's three new characters... so I'm just wondering if there are any other differences and if the second one is better.
It's better, more fun, more balanced with the system changing, and 6 extra characters (not 3, if you include the future 2 more DLC characters, and 7 if you think Lambda is new). Overall I prefer BBCS.
Old 2010-08-07, 22:13   Link #1824
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post
Question:

The Bazblue Shift version is the same as the original Bazblue but with 3 extra characters or is an expansion pack with the 3 extra characters that needs the original one to run?
Neither. Continuum Shift had a complete overhaul to the guard system and combo proration, and each character has had balance tweaks. Continuum Shift also an entirely different story mode. Plus, there are 3 DLC characters for Continuum Shift (one of which has already been recently released) for a total of 6 more characters.

Last edited by Tokkan; 2010-08-07 at 22:49.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-07, 22:23   Link #1825
Demeter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
It's better, more fun, more balanced with the system changing, and 6 extra characters (not 3, if you include the future 2 more DLC characters, and 7 if you think Lambda is new). Overall I prefer BBCS.
I see. Thanks Duo Maxwell. I guess I shouldn't just judge the front cover of the game (I already miscounted anyway once I looked at the cover again ) Hmm... 6-7 more characters should not be that bad then and it's more balanced.

I may consider buying it and hope is easier since I had trouble playing with the first one. I'm not that good at fighting games and I couldn't pull off most of the moves and specials.
Demeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-07, 22:38   Link #1826
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

plus i would assume not many people are playing CT any more now that CS is out.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-08, 00:48   Link #1827
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Neither. Continuum Shift had a complete overhaul to the guard system and combo proration, and each character has had balance tweaks. Continuum Shift also an entirely different story mode. Plus, there are 3 DLC characters for Continuum Shift (one of which has already been recently released) for a total of 6 more characters.
So it is like an improved super-version of Calamity trigger?
Old 2010-08-08, 00:52   Link #1828
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
So it is like an improved super-version of Calamity trigger?
Rachel and Jin main-ers agree otherwise.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-08, 01:21   Link #1829
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

I main Jin and it's still good in my book. I guess I'll be kind of annoyed if he doesn't beef up a bit with the eventual rebalance patch, though.
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-08, 01:33   Link #1830
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Well, one last question, yesterday I went to the game store and noticed that both Calamity Trigger adn Continuous shift have bot the the exactly same price (well, at leats here in Mexico they have the same price). Would I miss something important if I get and play the continuous Shift version without getting and playing first the Calamity trigger version?
Old 2010-08-08, 02:09   Link #1831
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1238639_1124.html

Valkenhayn was officially announced at the "BuruSuto ~BlazBlue Streaming~" event that happened yesterday.

... Yeah, so I guess it's true. Valk is a werewolf.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-08, 02:17   Link #1832
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

Valkenhayn was officially announced at the "BuruSuto ~BlazBlue Streaming~" event that happened yesterday.

Tehe... werewolf version of Slayer at Bazblue?
Old 2010-08-08, 02:30   Link #1833
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Great. This continue the trend that Underworld set about Werewolves being slaves to Vampires.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-08, 02:42   Link #1834
Laith
Even if it just for a bit
*Author

Quote:
Well, one last question, yesterday I went to the game store and noticed that both Calamity Trigger adn Continuous shift have bot the the exactly same price (well, at leats here in Mexico they have the same price). Would I miss something important if I get and play the continuous Shift version without getting and playing first the Calamity trigger version?
Story and Rachel being useful, of the top of my head at least.
Laith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-08, 04:35   Link #1835
lightl

And you can always use youtube for catching up on Calamity Trigger story mode since I bought CS and did not play CT
lightl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-08, 04:50   Link #1836
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Except for collection value, I don't really see a reason to buy BBCT now instead of BBCS.
Even though I'm Rachel main-er, I didn't feel really bad about BBCS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demeter View Post
I may consider buying it and hope is easier since I had trouble playing with the first one. I'm not that good at fighting games and I couldn't pull off most of the moves and specials.
About this, I'm not sure. I heard from various people that the inputting timing is stricter in this one compare to BBCT. I can't say anything until my copy arrives, so take it with salt and grain.
Practice makes perfect, though.

Last edited by Duo Maxwell; 2010-08-08 at 06:46.
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-08, 10:05   Link #1837
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Story wise and character wise, yes. Calamity Trigger is a good buy. It introduces you to Jin and Nu the characters.

I haven't got CS myself, since... Well, I'm saving up for my convention xP by the time I might be able to rent it via gamefly, so it should be all right.

Nice line of questioning though, though I really don't think anyone but me is here for the story.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-08, 10:33   Link #1838
Westlo
Lets be reality

So I beat Unlimted Hazama on my second try with Bang and thought.. "what's the big deal..." than a day later I tried with Tsubaki.. urrrgh... gives me flashbacks of trying to beat Seth with C.Viper and Guilty Gears Justice...

Also am I dumb or is there no way to view and download other peoples replays like in CT?
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-08, 11:08   Link #1839
Nayim

Already finish story mode, but there something weird about true ending:

Spoiler for scene:
Nayim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-08, 11:34   Link #1840
leodamine
Divine Akuma

Quote:

Whoop, I was wondering when they'd announce him! Did they put a release date up?

Tags
3ds, arc system works, arcade, fighting, ps vita, ps3, psp, windows, xbox360