AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-09-17, 13:41   Link #101
KROMEangel
Baby Got Back

There's nothing chidish or half-assed about making first impressions. It's what people do.
If someone likes this poser, fine, more power to them.

Now calling other people douchebags over videogames, just because they don't agree with you, that would be pretty immature.
KROMEangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-17, 13:47   Link #102
Kafriel
Senior Guest

KF had said it's only about those calling him emo in particular...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-17, 13:50   Link #103
KROMEangel
Baby Got Back

Yeah, but still, we're talking about a VIDEOGAME character, so there's no need to criticize actual people.

Hell, hipster Dante may actually enjoy the hate. He seems like the kind of guy that would.

<<<Also, is this too risque for some of you? Cause I could do worse. Really.
Old 2010-09-17, 13:51   Link #104
Larthak
♪ ~ ♫
*Artist

Send a message via ICQ to Larthak Send a message via MSN to Larthak
You know, I still can't believe Capcom (and not only them) wants to westernize every estabilished series they have. To make room for new ones. I know they talk a lot about it being the only chance for survival lately, but still, damn...is it so bad?

DMC5...I just don't know...Dante looks so wrong. True, he was a bit of a punk in DMC3, but still had style. He then aged and became a friggin' badass in DMC4 (DMC2 as well, of course). But now? Bleh. So generic. If this ends up being another Prototype kind of game, I'm gonna rage hard. It's like watching today's trends in music. catering for the masses much?

I fear this game and Max Payne 3 will share the same fate. Their future is already very uncertain at this point. Hardcore fans raging, original creators uncontent with the results so far, newcomers not really caring...but of course, the average Joes will bring in the money. As it is with everything these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Misphrased...
Just realized how strange it sounded. Fixed, thx. A bit overworked, should really get some rest.

Last edited by Larthak; 2010-09-17 at 14:19.
Larthak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-17, 13:55   Link #105
KROMEangel
Baby Got Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larthak View Post
. It's like watching today's trends in music. catering for the masses much?
Today's "Rebellious Youth" >:C
Old 2010-09-17, 13:59   Link #106
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by KROMEangel View Post
Yeah, but still, we're talking about a VIDEOGAME character, so there's no need to criticize actual people.

Hell, hipster Dante may actually enjoy the hate. He seems like the kind of guy that would.

<<<Also, is this too risque for some of you? Cause I could do worse. Really.
I've seen similar avys many times, it's always funny
Anyway, back to Dante, people criticize his looks (which are pretty common in modern society) and call him emo, which has to do more with a mental state (certain people are out for blood everytime they see "emo", so the species has died out, at least in my town).
Quote:
Their inevitable future is already very uncertain at this point.
Misphrased but true, their future is an unknown quantity at this point, I'll just wait till the game's out and then pass judgement on it as a whole.
Old 2010-09-17, 14:02   Link #107
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KROMEangel View Post
There's nothing chidish or half-assed about making first impressions. It's what people do.
If someone likes this poser, fine, more power to them.

Now calling other people douchebags over videogames, just because they don't agree with you, that would be pretty immature.
No, labling anyone a emo from hardly knowing the person is being a douche bag, how would you feel if I made fun of you after onnly meeting you visualy and knew nothing about you.
I'm not calling anyone a douche bag for not agreeing with me,imcalling them one for labling him or anyone emo with no proof.

Anyways, if it were a prototybe/devi may cry I think. It would be bad ass.

And if your just gonna post here to talk trash about it, then just leave this topic.
Old 2010-09-17, 14:19   Link #108
Larthak
♪ ~ ♫
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Seriously stop calling him emo before you know him,it makes you look like a douche bag. I looked up the meaning of emo and he has none of the features from what I see. This. Is directed to those who are calling him emo.
You're kidding, right?

Calling someone an emo has nothing to do with the real meaning of the particular style. You're on the internet, you know? Stereotypes.

Quote:
And if your just gonna post here to talk trash about it, then just leave this topic.
Actually, this thread was created due to an increasing concern about the future of DMC. Talking trash is just a violent way of voicing such s concern. Unappropriate, but still a concern that needs to be taken into consideration.

Btw, I don't understand why you defend the new makers of DMC so vigorously. You should not care, actually. They have not made anything outstanding so far, so there's no reason to defend them. They HAVE to prove their worth yet. That's why people will complain. A LOT. Someone just repurposed one of their favorite toys, ya know? Someone who's not known much yet. There is no certainty in this unexpected turn of events. You can't just convince the fanboys. There's no chance.
Old 2010-09-17, 14:19   Link #109
KROMEangel
Baby Got Back

We're a talking about a VIDEOGAME CHARACTER. He doesn't care what I think. He doesn't care what YOU think. He doesn't even know we exist because he's in a VIRTUAL DIMENSION.

If I was in Dante-land, I would be more considerate, but NO, I'm actually going to MANUALLY CONTROL HIM whenever this game comes out, and I WILL CALL HIM OUT FOR HIS BULLSHIT.

He is not A PERSON. He's a POLYGON.

And I don't care what "real emos" are like. They like their identity, they can put up with the shit. Just like nerds, jocks, hipsters, douchebags, and all the other groups.
/rant

So, the new weapons, while not my style, looks like they could be pretty fun. It's just that having a mythical shadow weapon seems too..."easy," if you know what I mean. As long as the combos are there, that's not much of a problem.
Old 2010-09-17, 14:28   Link #110
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

What the hell ever. Atleast give the game a chance before judging it 100%. Like I did bayonnetta.. whic still turned out sucking more thann just candy.
Old 2010-09-17, 14:46   Link #111
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter

Well, like I said Ninja Theory has yet to make a game I liked, let alone one that's as good as DMC on it's worse days gameplay wise. Heavenly Sword looked great and tells a pretty good story but played subpar. The Enslaved demo suffers from many of the same problems and we'll see if they get their act together for the full game. Even so, I can tell Enslaves gameplay style is still nothing like DMC's.

They've never made a game that can do the stuff seen in this. A refinement of this is what I would look forward to. Their creations are the antithesis of this style of play. My basis for all this skepticism is their past works, which is also one of the few things we have to judge this game on.

I'm not out right condemning the game but I don't have any confidence in Ninja Theory as a developer. So maybe you can see why I approach their involvement in my favorite game series with trepidation. It's no different from anyone with subpar performance being put in charge of something you like.
Old 2010-09-17, 15:19   Link #112
KROMEangel
Baby Got Back

Just color me cautious. If anything, those Air combos look pretty sick, and if I can fly across alleyways and with earth-shattering ground pounds that's pretty neato.

*Adds Bayonetta to Backlog*

Last edited by KROMEangel; 2010-09-17 at 15:30.
Old 2010-09-17, 15:30   Link #113
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

If it has good story and characters, I'm sold. If I want gameplay ill play dmc3 again. That is if dmc is lacking. Baayo was lacking in story and char
Old 2010-09-17, 15:43   Link #114
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter

Quote:
If it has good story and characters, I'm sold. If I want gameplay ill play dmc3 again. That is if dmc is lacking. Baayo was lacking in story and char
And if I want good story and characters (I like DMC's characters though) then I play a game outside the DMC series. DMC has always played all its cards in gameplay and this is a developer that's played all its cards in story and cinematics.

We'll obviously never agree on this just like we'll never agree on the quality of Bayonetta's gameplay (which I consider one of the best this gene)

Someone else on another forum put it best like this

Spoiler for Quote:
Old 2010-09-17, 16:09   Link #115
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal_Devil View Post
And if I want good story and characters (I like DMC's characters though) then I play a game outside the DMC series. DMC has always played all its cards in gameplay and this is a developer that's played all its cards in story and cinematics.

We'll obviously never agree on this just like we'll never agree on the quality of Bayonetta's gameplay (which I consider one of the best this gene)

Someone else on another forum put it best like this

Spoiler for Quote:
I said bayo's gameplay was awesome, the rest.. not so.
Old 2010-09-17, 16:18   Link #116
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter

Quote:
I said bayo's gameplay was awesome, the rest.. not so.
And I'll agree with you on that. But I myself didn't need the rest to be great because the gameplay was so satisfying. My favorite action series are DMC, Ninja Gaiden, and Bayonetta. All of them have bad story but terrific gameplay.

While I would love for DMC to have better story the gameplay is what matters the most and NT has yet to make a game that can satisfy me gameplay wise like the three games mentioned above.
Old 2010-09-17, 16:25   Link #117
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
While I would love for DMC to have better story the gameplay is what matters the most
QFT, this kind of game holds over 60% of its total rating in gameplay, so it is the defining factor. Still, if it turns out being some 10 hours long, you can always rent it and return it after the weekend~
Old 2010-09-17, 16:29   Link #118
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Are there any petitions yet?
Old 2010-09-17, 16:44   Link #119
Larthak
♪ ~ ♫
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
Are there any petitions yet?
Oh, don't even joke about that.
Old 2010-09-17, 18:01   Link #120
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
What the hell ever. Atleast give the game a chance before judging it 100%. Like I did bayonnetta.. whic still turned out sucking more thann just candy.
wtf...

You were bitching and whining about Bayonetta for weeks before you played the full game, whats with this revisionist bullcrap?
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote