AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-03-16, 19:31   Link #221
.x.crii.x.
To the beat//

^ Ah.... xD

As for me, IŽd be happy if Chal did indeed confess to Ichika and he accepted. However, I wouldnŽt just base my opinion of the anime on that.

Overall, without confessing...no couples, no romance, no shizz...IŽd probably give the anime a 6.9 perhaps a 7.

With Chal as the winner, IŽd give a 7.5 probz.

Why? Because even though Chal is my fave and I want her to end up with Ichika ^^ the anime had a lot of potential in the beginning...but then it just went down...and more down....and lower. And yeah....

Only parts I enjoyed were where Chal appeared, but, I canŽt judge the anime just based on her. :P
Old 2011-03-17, 00:26   Link #222
Calca
Expressionless

I can't remember a harem anime where you have more than 3 girls but 1 girl is the runaway favorite.

Usually in these situations with so many girls, there are 2 who people like but in this case, it's all Charlotte
Old 2011-03-17, 05:12   Link #223
Shiikamayo
Super Tsundere Massacre!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
So, what would your opinion be if (hypothetical situation) Charlotte confesses to Ichika? (and Ichika accepts)
100%~! (10/10 - My current score would be about 6/10) Ahahah ^_^. Yes, I know "Perfect" is a technically impossible abstract, but I'd love Infinite Stratos enough to blatantly ignore logic by that point.

For me, it would be as refreshing as a Higurashi...

Spoiler for Slightly Exaggerated "Higurashi no Naku Koro ni" Statement:
After watching so many harem anime that either end with "nobody wins", "everybody wins", or the "1st Girl Rule", I've started to develop a bad case of "Groundhog Day" and watching any show involving 3+ female love interests is instantly greeted with violent cynicism in the prospect of the outcome being any different. In a technical sense, if Charlotte won the race, my main criticism of Infinite Stratos as being generic and predictable would be dispelled, resulting in a freakishly high score due to a massive inability to judge initial potential.

As far as I can recall, the only harem anime I've seen that didn't end in the above mentioned ways was SHUFFLE!, but the ending choice was so left field that it seemed like it was picked out of a hat. Charlotte is one of the rare instances where it actually makes logical sense for a character outside of the first heroine to be the end girl. I will admit that I'd biased as hell towards any character voiced by Kana Hanazawa though, although judging from some of the avatars on this thread, I believe I am in very good company.
Old 2011-03-17, 10:21   Link #224
eiyuu99

If Char asks Ichika to go out with her, he will accept. In the literal sense, however.
Old 2011-03-17, 11:25   Link #225
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiikamayo View Post
After watching so many harem anime that either end with "nobody wins", "everybody wins", or the "1st Girl Rule", I've started to develop a bad case of "Groundhog Day" and watching any show involving 3+ female love interests is instantly greeted with violent cynicism in the prospect of the outcome being any different. In a technical sense, if Charlotte won the race, my main criticism of Infinite Stratos as being generic and predictable would be dispelled, resulting in a freakishly high score due to a massive inability to judge initial potential.
Personally, I have nothing against harem end. that's the best end one can hope for, everybody's happy that way. every anime that starts as a harem should end as a harem, imho...
the whole "choose a girl" thing usually feels forced or totally random, that's why I don't wanna see that; yeah, I agree that with Char is different, and it wouldn't feel forced in any way, quite the opposite. but still, it would be "unfair" towards the other girls, especially towards my Laura...

and no problem with "generic" and "predictable" here. Heck, IS's full of that, and I'm still enjoying it a lot.
Old 2011-03-17, 15:58   Link #226
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
Personally, I have nothing against harem end. that's the best end one can hope for, everybody's happy that way. every anime that starts as a harem should end as a harem, imho...
the whole "choose a girl" thing usually feels forced or totally random, that's why I don't wanna see that; yeah, I agree that with Char is different, and it wouldn't feel forced in any way, quite the opposite. but still, it would be "unfair" towards the other girls, especially towards my Laura...

and no problem with "generic" and "predictable" here. Heck, IS's full of that, and I'm still enjoying it a lot.
I couldn't agree with you more....most people tend to get mad that no "choice" is made, but then it wouldn't be harem, more like a romantic comedy. One thing I really hate in a harem ending however is when the unresolved ending happens...harems need to let us know and confirm that everyone is here to stay...
Old 2011-03-18, 00:17   Link #227
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Am I the only one who thinks that "Char" is an awful nickname, because it sounds like some Pokemon?
There are Charmander, Charmeleon and Charizard - now which one is Charlotte supposed to be?

Anyway, in this episode (#10), it didn't look quite that well for Charlotte... first she eats a big lump of wasabi (she's pretty tough for not reeling over after that), and then Cecil gets Mr. Clueless to feed her. That would've been a good chance for Charizardlotte to be fed as well, if she hadn't incapacitated herself with the wasabi

Then Houki gets a new Super-IS for herself, and even gets to fly a mission with Mr. Clueless. Who knows what might happen there... it seems Charmeleonlotte hasn't won the fight for him yet.
Old 2011-03-18, 00:28   Link #228
eiyuu99

This Char is the joke we're using.

For Mr Clueless, Char has the Shield Breaker. Its functionality is shown with Laura.
Old 2011-03-18, 06:06   Link #229
Shiikamayo
Super Tsundere Massacre!

Quote:
Anyway, in this episode (#10), it didn't look quite that well for Charlotte... first she eats a big lump of wasabi...
Behold the wild Charlotte Dunoa! - its only natural predators are death and Japanese food!
Old 2011-03-18, 06:33   Link #230
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himeji View Post
now which one is Charlotte supposed to be?
None.

Also noting that the writer of IS is supposed to be a big Gundam fan, hence "Char" is likely to be a ref to our infamous Red Comet

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2011-03-19, 02:35   Link #231
indr0008
Physicist

Send a message via MSN to indr0008 Send a message via Yahoo to indr0008
Finally there's a reason to watch anime again T_T

viva la France !
Old 2011-03-19, 19:32   Link #232
.x.crii.x.
To the beat//

Funny thing:

Currently forum posts go like this:

Houki: 66 posts
Cecilia: 67 posts
Rin: 45 posts
Laura: 67 posts
Chal: 231 posts

Now, Add HoukiŽs, CeciliaŽs, Rin's and LauraŽs: 245.

Chal: 231 posts Other girls all combined together: 245

We're like 14 post to tying and then just one more to surpassing them. Pfft, Chal is so totally the runaway favorite. <3
Old 2011-03-19, 20:00   Link #233
Joe88

Quote:
Originally Posted by .x.crii.x. View Post
Funny thing:

Currently forum posts go like this:

Houki: 66 posts
Cecilia: 67 posts
Rin: 45 posts
Laura: 67 posts
Chal: 231 posts

Now, Add HoukiŽs, CeciliaŽs, Rin's and LauraŽs: 245.

Chal: 231 posts Other girls all combined together: 245

We're like 14 post to tying and then just one more to surpassing them. Pfft, Chal is so totally the runaway favorite. <3
there was never any contest
Old 2011-03-19, 20:14   Link #234
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

I will contribute a random comment just to pile even more domination to the cause. I recommend the rest of you do it as well...it's for Charlotte.
Old 2011-03-19, 20:22   Link #235
.x.crii.x.
To the beat//

lol yeah, there was never really any contest. xDD

Btw, have you guys ever had a girl character youŽve liked as much as Chal before?

I havenŽt, seriously. This is the first time that I fangirl over a girl character. xDD
Old 2011-03-19, 22:20   Link #236
indr0008
Physicist

Quote:
lol yeah, there was never really any contest. xDD

Btw, have you guys ever had a girl character youŽve liked as much as Chal before?

I havenŽt, seriously. This is the first time that I fangirl over a girl character. xDD
Before I was all Sheryl Nome

But now I wish I lived in France
Old 2011-03-19, 22:35   Link #237
.x.crii.x.
To the beat//

lmao, I wish I lived in France too. xDDD

I wish I looked like a RL Chal. o3o Guess you can't have everything in life. Dx IŽd just love to have her smile and eyes. xDDD And be able to blush so cutely. xDD
Old 2011-03-19, 22:40   Link #238
indr0008
Physicist

Quote:
lmao, I wish I lived in France too. xDDD

I wish I looked like a RL Chal. o3o Guess you can't have everything in life. Dx IŽd just love to have her smile and eyes. xDDD And be able to blush so cutely. xDD
a RL Chal will be held responsible for the many heart attack or brain dead cases in the neighborhood

"You dont want to take a bath with me?"

*brain dead
Old 2011-03-19, 23:09   Link #239
.x.crii.x.
To the beat//

lol although I do doubt that thereŽs girls like Chal out there. I mean, seriously. IŽm female and none of my female friends are like that. Nor cousins, classmates or any other girls. LetŽs face it, a RL Chal is just too good to be true. xD;;
Old 2011-03-19, 23:31   Link #240
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Guys, seriously, stop fapping to this thread.

(at least now I have Laura to myself...)

Tags
characters