Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-05-13, 20:01   Link #1061
Jof12788
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
it would seem you harbor a strong hatred towards that particular scene.
but you have to admit that the 'Minna neuroi bug crushing ass' will forever be remembered as her 200th kill. it has been marked in history...

and I got
Spoiler for proof:

Hm, from what I can remember, there's an equal amount of fanservice in both seasons. I would even dare to say there's more fanservice in the 2nd season, what with all the Blu-Rays nipples additions and such.

unless, you wanna count that "infamous" fan-made ep7 from the 1st season as "fanservice" too...
Ahhh, it burns! Sadly that's correct. Aw well, it's not like I was planning to have a good sleep anyway.

As for which series had more fanservice, I don't know. Mostly because a lot of the bath scenes in season 1 had a lot more boob-groping action (mostly in episodes 9 and 10.) Whereas the only instance was episodes 7 (being the best one) and episode 10. Still not enough to take down season 1 in terms of everything. Even that pesky beam of light makes it through the uncensored versions of SW2. Not to mention the beach episode in season 1 was way more exciting than that not-Strike-Witches moment of treasure hunting.
Jof12788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-13, 23:50   Link #1062
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Strike Witches Staffer's Dōjinshi Manga Now Fully Bilingual
Old 2011-05-14, 00:12   Link #1063
Jof12788
Disabled By Request

Haven't checked out Witches in Africa yet. Now I'll be willing to read it. And the fact that it's bilingual makes it all better.

I wonder who'll will produce the new Strike Witches movie set for 2012. Or who will be better off producing it.
Old 2011-05-14, 01:32   Link #1064
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
"which Kanemitsu says he will translate into English, but notes that translations of other Strike Witches-related works "is largely dependent on demand and enthusiasm from overseas." He notes that unauthorized fan translations have largely "soured" Japanese publishers on providing official English versions"

Gee I wonder why that could be...

" Finally, Kanemitsu says that they are seriously considering releasing lower-priced digital versions of the works."

Yeah pro-tip fact A is rather related to absence of fact B, I'd love to support you guys, but if you think I'm going to pay through the nose with like a 500% mark up to import a few dozen page book you're out of your minds. Stick that stuff in a PDF and sell it at a reasonable price and I'd be all over that shit.

Tk3997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-14, 07:27   Link #1065
einhorn303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
Yeah pro-tip fact A is rather related to absence of fact B, I'd love to support you guys, but if you think I'm going to pay through the nose with like a 500% mark up to import a few dozen page book you're out of your minds. Stick that stuff in a PDF and sell it at a reasonable price and I'd be all over that shit.
Technically there's not any mark-up at all, since you can buy it on Amazon.co.jp for the exact same cost in Yen as the Japanese pay. There's shipping costs too, but I think it's worth it.
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-14, 23:27   Link #1066
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
Originally Posted by einhorn303 View Post
Technically there's not any mark-up at all, since you can buy it on Amazon.co.jp for the exact same cost in Yen as the Japanese pay. There's shipping costs too, but I think it's worth it.
"Technically" is the key the word, yes the item itself is nominally the same price, but the way you're ordering it you clearly know that doesn't mean anything. The shipping costs will at least double if not more the acutal cost, dance around it however you like it costs WAY more for someone overseas to buy it then it does for someone in Japan.

It is a personal call over if that's okay, but for me when it comes to something that could be trivially digitized and sold for the EXACT same price over the web... my willingness to pay a huge premium in shipping charges is non-existent. If this was a "real" item of some sort my threshold is much higher, but for what amounts to information in the digital age, I'm not willing to be gouged on shipping for something that there is very little reason couldn't be sold internationally at a flat price as digital media. I HIGHLY doubt I'm alone in this most people would like to support creators, but most people would also like to avoid being taken to the cleaners.

So yeah if they put them up for sale digitally even at the exact same price as the actual book I'd buy them in an instant, but I'm not going to pay way more for a physical copy becasue I had the misfortune to be born on the US East Coast.

Tk3997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-15, 08:21   Link #1067
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
This is still great news.

I'm interested in a copy when it's available.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-15, 08:52   Link #1068
einhorn303

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
This is still great news.

I'm interested in a copy when it's available.
You can order them on Amazon now: Witches of the Sphinx vol 3, Witches of Africa compilation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
...The shipping costs will at least double if not more the acutal cost, dance around it however you like it costs WAY more for someone overseas to buy it then it does for someone in Japan...[]...but I'm not going to pay way more for a physical copy becasue I had the misfortune to be born on the US East Coast.
Even in the 21st century, geography still exists...All information can be digitized, yes, but there are still some people who like the tactility and feel of a physical printed book.

(Btw, for my order the shipping costs are %58.5 of the item cost.)
Old 2011-05-15, 22:49   Link #1069
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Ah shit hot.

Thanks, mate!

Old 2011-05-17, 19:16   Link #1070
Scrooge McDuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by einhorn303 View Post
Aw, if only it includes all the novellas. I would buy that even if it requires me buying it thrice.

In any case, anybody has any insight on the details about the new Isle of Wight manga? I googled and only managed to find that it's about Wilma Bishop and the Isle of Wight Detachment Squadron.
The bad in the world is hard to hear
When in your ear a banana cheers
So go and put a banana in your ear

Last edited by Scrooge McDuck; 2011-05-17 at 19:45.
Scrooge McDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-18, 20:16   Link #1071
einhorn303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrooge McDuck View Post
Aw, if only it includes all the novellas. I would buy that even if it requires me buying it thrice.

In any case, anybody has any insight on the details about the new Isle of Wight manga? I googled and only managed to find that it's about Wilma Bishop and the Isle of Wight Detachment Squadron.
The novel parts will be released in a seperate compilation later. And Kanemitsu said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Kanemitsu
The novel compilation might take some time. Part of it has to do with the fact that we are not getting a lot of feedback from overseas, so we have to figure out what’s the best way to match the Japanese audience’s needs with the overseas audience’s needs. If there was stronger demand from overseas, it would be easier to get things done faster, but that’s not the case for now.
Old 2011-05-19, 20:24   Link #1072
Jof12788
Disabled By Request

As much as I want to read the light novels and doujins, it'd be hard to undo the damage AIC has already done. AIC replacing GONZO should've been a sign that SW2 was done before it even begun. And why didn't GONZO (or any other studio on their level of quality for that matter) animate SW2? Just thinking of the way AIC butchered the series (with that horrible ending) makes me refuse to acknowledge that Strike Witches 2 is the sequel to Strike Witches.

Last edited by Jof12788; 2011-05-19 at 21:44.
Old 2011-05-20, 19:41   Link #1073
Scrooge McDuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jof12788 View Post
As much as I want to read the light novels and doujins, it'd be hard to undo the damage AIC has already done. AIC replacing GONZO should've been a sign that SW2 was done before it even begun. And why didn't GONZO (or any other studio on their level of quality for that matter) animate SW2? Just thinking of the way AIC butchered the series (with that horrible ending) makes me refuse to acknowledge that Strike Witches 2 is the sequel to Strike Witches.
I like the light novels and semi-official doujins much more than the season 1 anime, anyway, so any horribleness of season 2 didn't upset me that much.
The bad in the world is hard to hear
When in your ear a banana cheers
So go and put a banana in your ear
Scrooge McDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-23, 05:07   Link #1074
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Just thought I'd post to say I started my SW collection. XD

Old 2011-07-03, 07:22   Link #1075
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Finally, after so long...Nyuu Witchies.

Dammit, why don't they just try to make a new Strike Witches series with all new characters? I think most of the fandom actually would rather see the sidestory witches in action than the TV witches any day...
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-13, 09:43   Link #1076
lightsenshi
Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
Just thought I'd post to say I started my SW collection. XD

I'm gonna go find this one. ^_^

Edit: out of stock, figures. -.-

Last edited by lightsenshi; 2011-07-14 at 12:56.
lightsenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-15, 16:18   Link #1077
Midonin
Last Engage

There's three posts on this page alone that are all variations of hatred. Mentioning it once is okay, I'll respect your opinion, but over and over again and it gets tedious.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-15, 21:27   Link #1078
Jof12788
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
There's three posts on this page alone that are all variations of hatred. Mentioning it once is okay, I'll respect your opinion, but over and over again and it gets tedious.
I'm quite aware of that, but I can't just get over seeing getting a series that I love so much (or in this case, really wanted to love and have high hope and potential for) getting turned into a mess like that by a studio that only cares more about money and less about creativity. And it doesn't help that many of the egotistical "light novel fans" (if they truly are fans) or anyone else for that matter tend to show apathy towards it, seeing how they bash the first series with their holier-than-thou conservative attitude (despite what they read and love so much still tends to have a lot of what they hate. They just don't see it.)

Now that you mentioned it, I apologize for going all out like that. If you liked Strike Witches 2 for whatever reason, I respect your opinion as well and won't hold it against anyone for that matter.
Old 2011-07-16, 13:48   Link #1079
einhorn303

Hypothetically, the opinion of "S2 is worse than S1" is the minority, since the BD/DVD sales were much higher for the 2nd season than the 1st season.
Old 2011-07-18, 15:02   Link #1080
Jof12788
Disabled By Request

Found this on Fumigane's twitter page...

http://twitpic.com/5s5fnq

Tags
kemonomimi, light novel adaptation, mecha, mecha musume