AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-02-07, 09:55   Link #261
yuugi99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post

Ready your witty lines cause Literature Girl's got her rape face on!
Nice one. Can I use it as avatar?
yuugi99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 10:36   Link #262
prototype_sky

Interesting

Interesting that guy seems to be hanging out more with the pizza girl recently.
I guess is a huge setup for a future joke
prototype_sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 11:43   Link #263
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Bungaku Shoujo from 18:02 to 18:03 would make a pefect avatar material.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 11:59   Link #264
Casshern

I think Yanagin must be my favorite role of Kobayashi Yu ever.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 12:38   Link #265
CWW
Lurker

Oh God no, she is the worst (the character).

High school boys are true bros. So much that they're willing to get punched and forget the stuff they wanted, just so that another bro they've never met wouldn't be put into an awkward position. Respect.

I like how high school girls are depicted as tossers. The only exception seems to be the high school president who is just genuinely clueless. Even literature girl laughed at Hidenori!
CWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 13:12   Link #266
leokiko

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Oh god I laughed so much at that part.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 14:18   Link #267
HandofFate

Not as good as the other episodes.
Didn't care much about the superhero flashback, and the Motoharu one wasn't that good.

Its nice seeing Ringo show up again. Also, how many schools are in this area. Everyone has different uniforms. Liked the High School Girls part at the end. Wonder what the story behind the scar is and what made the girls suddenly apologize and the girl offered money...
Old 2012-02-07, 14:28   Link #268
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

It implies that Habara bullied Toshiyuki when they were kids, which lead to the scar.
Basically, showing the scar is a flat out "did you forget what you have done already? I did not".

You bet Habara feels extremely guilty even now.
Old 2012-02-07, 14:33   Link #269
SamCurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
You bet Habara feels extremely guilty even now.
Given the size of it (disfiguringly long), it is reasonable.
SamCurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 15:07   Link #270
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

So far, i think the literature girl skit is the best part of the show. The dramatic scene along with the hilarious monologue just had me laughing out loud the most.
Old 2012-02-07, 15:10   Link #271
com_gwp

Oh man, this episode just cements it further. Hidenori and Karasuwa best damn characters

Also, riverside girl fang grin face is awesome
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 15:22   Link #272
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Agreed that ep 5 was not quite as good as other eps. That being said I thought it was still pretty good.

Is it just me or did the theme of bullying take front stage in the ep this week? I felt so sorry for the fella bullied by her sister's friends - I didn't feel it was funny at all.... And in the other sequence of bullying (about the childhood remembrances) the whistling of Pachabel's Canon during it all struck me as oddly out of place and bizarre. First time that has happened in any sequence of this series.

That being said - the inner dialogue during the book girl sequence was pretty funny, and the opening sequence really made me chuckle. The end sequence of the high school girls just kinda left me scratching my head. But I thought Toshiyuki at the end was great.

I guess this ep only gets a 6.5/10 vote from me.
Old 2012-02-07, 15:45   Link #273
Elestia

That scar gives him super "kuuki yome" powers.
Old 2012-02-07, 17:08   Link #274
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

My God! Why are girls in this anime so different from other girls in both other animes and real life? XD It's like the person who created this anime has seen or experianced girls do these kind of things and thinks that they do things like this.

I'm definately not liking that girls are portrayed as nothing but either, violent, creepy or just depressing. Last episode they were seen as violent people that want to be better than everyone else, and at the end of episode 4 they shouted at Toshiyuki, and then he just threw candy at them as if they were zoo animals Now this episode, they look like bullies. I didn't really like that scene when Motoharu was ganged up on...I think the joke was suppose to be how he responded with pride but...=S Only at the end when it said "The sound of his heart breaking" because the girls were staying over made me laugh that scene.

The rest was ok I guess. I liked the squinted eye girl they thought was that guys boyfriend and tge alleyway scene was hilarious when the vice president and the others were shocked when they realised what it looked like they were doing to that guy

The flashback with Hidenori when he was a child was pretty nice to watch. It was sas that he was getting bullied but at least that kid with the mask offered his assistance. I laughed a lot though when it turned out to be Yoshitake

And oh my God, I never thought I'd see her again...Literature Girl. Hidenori sayinf "Nooooo!" had me laughing the most for this episode, and then the Literature Girl pulled off the awesomely cute face! And then after that she pulled her usual =3 faces that looked unimpressed after each sentence he said XD

Thank God for Toshiyuki, he seems like the only one who can save the boys from all the humiliation their getting thanks to the girls I wonder how he got that scar though? At least it explains why he's always wearing a hat
Old 2012-02-07, 17:31   Link #275
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I won't speak for anyone else, but I think girls are portrayed more "realistically" here than in the countless series that idealize and sexualize them endlessly. Their grotesque tendencies are highlighted to a ridiculous level here the way the guys' are in all those other anime - which I think is exactly the point.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 17:38   Link #276
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I won't speak for anyone else, but I girls are portrayed more "realistically" here than in the countless series that idealize and sexualize them endlessly. Their grotesque tendencies are highlighted to a ridiculous level here the way the guys' are in all those other anime - which I think is exactly the point.
This.

Girls can bully just as much as boys - it is just not presented a lot. In particular older siblings bullying younger siblings (including older sisters to younger brothers) is very common - I have had many friends and acquaintances tell me of this....
Old 2012-02-07, 17:51   Link #277
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

BTW - no love for the great Paku Romi as "Rubber Shooter"?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 17:52   Link #278
sikvod00

^NO. I would've been running down those stairs too if the person I'd most admired since childhood was my dumb ass friend.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 17:57   Link #279
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
BTW - no love for the great Paku Romi as "Rubber Shooter"?
Umm ... not from this corner either. The Pachabel's Canon BGM destroyed the whole scene for me.
Old 2012-02-07, 18:10   Link #280
Ashaman

Quote:
I won't speak for anyone else, but I think girls are portrayed more "realistically" here than in the countless series that idealize and sexualize them endlessly. Their grotesque tendencies are highlighted to a ridiculous level here the way the guys' are in all those other anime - which I think is exactly the point.
Thirding this. Very much thirding this.

Tags
comedy, satire