AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Nisemonogatari - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 59 42.45%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 38 27.34%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 13.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 16 11.51%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.16%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.44%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.72%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.72%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-03-18, 04:15   Link #61
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by aigomorla View Post
wait this doesnt end at 12?

how come it ends at 11?
I was expecting a 12 on an outside type story solo, like how the first season had aragi's first date as the finale...

Or do you mean a finale for the arc?
Seriously, I'd be pissed if there's no more Hitagi
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 05:08   Link #62
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Hitagi appearances in the near-end and the end of this episode force me to forgive this series

7-8/10 overall

not bad, but like bake more
Old 2012-03-18, 06:57   Link #63
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post
Oh come on, he didn't need to know that.

Couldn't you just let Hitagi fans have their moments without you making unncessary comments here and there (you've made it perfectly clear that she's not your favorite). You can't even let that pass you even if it's the last episode !!! One of the reasons why I don't even post in this sub-forum anymore is because couple worshipping annoyances. When Kizu movie comes (which is probably one of the best of all Monogatari series) all you Shinobu/Hanekawa fans will have your time in the spotlight.
But Nise isn't even about Hitagi's love.....

Look, personally I really don't think that extra scene at the end was necessary. Shaft had TWO, I repeat, TWO completely good and logical chance to show Hitagi but they chose to not do it.

Last edited by omimon; 2012-03-18 at 07:28.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 08:28   Link #64
Evil_Sephiroth

Send a message via MSN to Evil_Sephiroth
Ouch new Hitagi Char design is really bad IMHO...
Old 2012-03-18, 08:38   Link #65
Cadallin

It had flaws, but I love it anyway. SHAFT + Nisio Oisin encapsulate everything I love about anime.

Anxiously awaiting continuation of the series.
Cadallin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 09:05   Link #66
Shikijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Look, personally I really don't think that extra scene at the end was necessary. Shaft had TWO, I repeat, TWO completely good and logical chance to show Hitagi but they chose to not do it.
You could say the final scene represented what was mentioned in the 5th chapter, just postponed as not to interrupt the flow of the story. After all they reorganized even some other scenes. I think it worked fine.
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 09:23   Link #67
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Dunno about y'all, but I'm digging her new look.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 09:35   Link #68
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Apparently, ramming your face into your opponent's fist over and over again is actually a viability fight tactics
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 09:40   Link #69
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Hmmm... the final ep wasn't bad (minus the kissing -_-') but it felt inconclusive. After this ep I was left with a "Is that all?" kinda feeling. Ah well... it could have been way worse.

Wtb Kizumonogatari now. Something tells me that this will be better than the parent (Bakemonogatari) story. Think it's cause we get to see Oshino and Shinobu kick major ass.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 13:18   Link #70
justsomeguy

Meh, to tell the truth I never thought Bakemonogatari was more than above average (8/10 at most), but Nisemonogatari is somewhat weaker, though my complaints are mostly the same (too much damn talking).

* Hairstyle changes: God dammit, I hate short hair, and this show reminds me of the time Felicity cut her hair (and viewership and ratings), except three girls do it here. Ugh.
* I hated the fanservice. They added nothing to the show. And Araragi's perversion is much less likeable than Tachibana Junichi's or Tomoki's.
* "Naisho no Hanashi" is nowhere near as good as "Kimi no Shiranai Monogatari," but that was to be expected, considering how amazing that song was.
* Pacing sucks. Karen got 7 episodes that dragged on way too long (three episodes dedicated to the previous show's girls, and four to fix her problem), while Tsukihi got 4.
* Very interesting philosophical debate at the end, regarding people who are truly good vs those who are not but try to be. That alone made this episode great, since I finally got one of the themes of this season after spending every previous episode wondering what the point was and waiting for things to happen. Were it not for that, I would have liked this show quite a bit less.

Score for the episode: 9/10
Score for the series: 7/10

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 13:21   Link #71
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
Meh, to tell the truth I never thought Bakemonogatari was more than above average (8/10 at most), but Nisemonogatari is somewhat weaker, though my complaints are mostly the same (too much damn talking).
isn't that like complaining abut gundam because it has too many robots and macross has too much singing?
Old 2012-03-18, 13:23   Link #72
justsomeguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
isn't that like complaining abut gundam because it has too many robots and macross has too much singing?
Yes it is. I would never have watched Bakemonogatari if it hadn't been so popular, and I wouldn't have watched Nisemonogatari if I hadn't watched that first.

Old 2012-03-18, 13:26   Link #73
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by aigomorla View Post
wait this doesnt end at 12?

how come it ends at 11?
I was expecting a 12 on an outside type story solo, like how the first season had aragi's first date as the finale...

Or do you mean a finale for the arc?
Just to be clear, this is The End of Nisemonogatari. There will not be a new episode next week, and so far there have no announcements of any extra episodes on the BDs. So yeah, this is The End, until next time...

Edit: Because the conversation is already going there anyway, I've gone ahead and posted the Series Impression/Review thread. Please use that thread for overall series reviews.
Old 2012-03-18, 13:59   Link #74
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadallin View Post
It had flaws, but I love it anyway. SHAFT + Nisio Oisin encapsulate everything I love about anime.

Anxiously awaiting continuation of the series.
I agree... the combination of studio and writer is very strong, as was with Urobuchi Gen in Madoka, but...

... Nise- skipped some very interesting dialogues, which might or not become a problem for sequels, especially if there are no OVA/OAD/DVD-only episodes.

Another thing I did not like was that both ecchi and guro were toned down, but given how certain audiences freak out with either elements and confuse/discard them as fanservice, it is understandable. After all the Monogatari Series is very popular and has to take into consideration all its viewers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikijin View Post
You could say the final scene represented what was mentioned in the 5th chapter, just postponed as not to interrupt the flow of the story. After all they reorganized even some other scenes. I think it worked fine.
Hitagi is way too popular, and given where they decided to finish Bake- TV run, it shouldn't be at all surprising that they ended again the new season with something for her fanboys

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Dunno about y'all, but I'm digging her new look.
Me too... dunno Nise- made me like short hair in anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Apparently, ramming your face into your opponent's fist over and over again is actually a viability fight tactics
India, Pakistan, and Bangladesh won their independence from the British Empire doing exactly that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Quote:
Yes it is. I would never have watched Bakemonogatari if it hadn't been so popular, and I wouldn't have watched Nisemonogatari if I hadn't watched that first.
OK... and now you are complaining about what exactly? and to who in this sub-forum
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 14:11   Link #75
justsomeguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
OK... and now you are complaining about what exactly? and to who in this sub-forum
To nobody in particular, that's why I didn't bother elaborating. If I'm going to give a show a rating, certainly I should explain my reasons, right? Other people might like Nisio Isin's style of writing, but for me, I like the premise much more than the execution.

Old 2012-03-18, 19:36   Link #76
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Good episode, overall. My only problem is when did Hitagi cut her hair!? That skipped that part, right? Or did I miss it?

I do wish we had more episodes though.
Old 2012-03-18, 20:42   Link #77
HandofFate

So why did Kagenui decide to leave? Because Araragi stirred up a past memory? Or she started feeling like the bad guy beating on a guy that's just trying to protect his 'sister'?
Old 2012-03-18, 20:56   Link #78
Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
So why did Kagenui decide to leave? Because Araragi stirred up a past memory? Or she started feeling like the bad guy beating on a guy that's just trying to protect his 'sister'?
She was reminded of the idea that a fake could be worth more than the real thing. And the idea that people could be evil at root, but try to be good.

And what does that say about Tsukihi? It says that she isn't really much worse than a normal human, or a real sister.

A small idea. But it's not like she has a big reason and desire to attack Araragi or Tsukihi in the first place. Her heart wasn't in the fight. So she left.
Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 22:50   Link #79
silvercover
Romance Expert

Quote:
To nobody in particular, that's why I didn't bother elaborating. If I'm going to give a show a rating, certainly I should explain my reasons, right? Other people might like Nisio Isin's style of writing, but for me, I like the premise much more than the execution.
the problem with that kind of reasoning is if your concern was addressed, the show wouldnt be as good as it is.
it would be a different thing if it was something like how they talked and what they were talking about(i.e. most of it doesnt contribute to the story in any way) as it would show how the show could be better off and the flaws.

the "talking" in the series serves quite a bit of usefulness to not only the problem but also to the characters. improving their relationship and giving some developments. if she show cut those out, it would be just the same as the standard "monster of the week" trope. those talks are what defines the monogatari series as it is.
silvercover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 07:00   Link #80
justsomeguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercover View Post
the problem with that kind of reasoning is if your concern was addressed, the show wouldnt be as good as it is.
it would be a different thing if it was something like how they talked and what they were talking about(i.e. most of it doesnt contribute to the story in any way) as it would show how the show could be better off and the flaws.

the "talking" in the series serves quite a bit of usefulness to not only the problem but also to the characters. improving their relationship and giving some developments. if she show cut those out, it would be just the same as the standard "monster of the week" trope. those talks are what defines the monogatari series as it is.
No shit. As I've said, that's exactly why I didn't bother elaborating (and the fact I only mentioned it in passing means I barely considered it in my rating). I find it hard to believe people are actually criticizing me when I rated this show and its predecessor a 7/10 and 8/10 respectively. It's not exactly my preferred genre, but I didn't hate on the show because of it, though you guys are doing your best to try to make me.