AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2012-03-26, 13:24   Link #141
DarkSkiper
Evil Mage

@sureman
Yes that is indeed a big problem.

Btw anyone got the feeling that when he said "Rare magic prodigy" was actually aimed at him?
From what I get he most likely has the most talent but hides it for some reason.
DarkSkiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 13:31   Link #142
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSkiper View Post
@sureman
Yes that is indeed a big problem.

Btw anyone got the feeling that when he said "Rare magic prodigy" was actually aimed at him?
From what I get he most likely has the most talent but hides it for some reason.
yep! I'm curious about their favorite color and type ..especially Miyuki's

bold:
it's related to some spoiler content at light novel thread for this series

I lol at page 22
Tatsuya like a big brother looked up upon by his two sisters XD

or been expected to give something by two little kitten
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 14:01   Link #143
cyberdemon

Is Miyuki actually confirmed to be blood related to Tatsuya? I'm willing to bet it will turn out she was adopted into the Shiba family. bet she would be happy if that is the case.
Old 2012-03-26, 14:20   Link #144
tsunade666

confirmed blood related. Ask in the novel thread for more information and there it could be answer. But for now. Yes, It's confirmed.
Old 2012-03-26, 14:59   Link #145
Richocet
Lover of Purity

I love the diagrams they had to go with the explanation (Miyuki)
Richocet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 15:47   Link #146
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

I'm more concerned about what Honoka meant when she mumbled "It's not supposed to be like this. With Shiba-san...I just..." then activated light magic.

What do you think she meant with that? Who did she actually mention? Miyuki or Tatsuya?

And then her attitude in front of Tatsuya, seems to me like a girl having a crush on the guy and gets nervous in front of him.

Anyone can answer me about this? I kind of need an explanation.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 16:25   Link #147
Mentar
Banned

I think it's pretty obvious. She's got a bit of a crush on Tatsuya, but she felt compelled to back up her bloom colleague (against Tatsuya). She wasn't happy about that at all.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 16:30   Link #148
Richocet
Lover of Purity

^ You mean bloom, right?
Still that's a bit soon for her to develop a crush on Tatsuya, I thought she meant Miyuki cuz she seemed like a fangirl to me
Old 2012-03-26, 16:49   Link #149
Mentar
Banned

Yup, bloom - corrected it before you posted.

Still, look who she's looking at in this totally flustered way. She's not asking Miyuki for permission to accompany her to the station, but Tatsuya. She's been around Miyuki before, yes, but it's clearly Tatsuya who's rattling her.
Old 2012-03-26, 16:54   Link #150
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Yeah, but why. Do you think she's already interested in Tatsuya before the incident?
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 17:41   Link #151
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
I think it's pretty obvious. She's got a bit of a crush on Tatsuya, but she felt compelled to back up her bloom colleague (against Tatsuya). She wasn't happy about that at all.
I feel that it's the opposite, that she is completely engrossed with Miyuki's "good reputation" and wanted to hang around with her as much as possible (the same can be said about the entourage that formed around Miyuki).

So, basically; she was upset at having her interactions with Miyuki reduced, and thus sided with the group that was voting the rights for being with her. The later embarrassment could stem from the fact that she had to directly state that she wanted to be with "them" (or rather, Miyuki), compared to before where she could just silently follow the group and be around Miyuki.

Remember that she was "fighting" for the right to keep Miyuki, Tatsuya got 0 involvement in the incident thus he probably isn't her motivation, he only made up the excuse later.

.... Then again, I can only guess until more about her is actually revealed, I wouldn't be surprised if she end ups falling for Tatsuya in the end (the same goes for the whole female cast )
Old 2012-03-26, 20:14   Link #152
Kna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
I'm more concerned about what Honoka meant when she mumbled "It's not supposed to be like this. With Shiba-san...I just..." then activated light magic.

What do you think she meant with that? Who did she actually mention? Miyuki or Tatsuya?

And then her attitude in front of Tatsuya, seems to me like a girl having a crush on the guy and gets nervous in front of him.

Anyone can answer me about this? I kind of need an explanation.
exact quote from raptorfalcon regarding Honoka relationship with Tatsuya...

Spoiler for relationships - removed:

Spoiler for and IMO:

Last edited by Kna; 2012-03-27 at 02:12.
Kna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 22:41   Link #153
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
I feel that it's the opposite, that she is completely engrossed with Miyuki's "good reputation" and wanted to hang around with her as much as possible (the same can be said about the entourage that formed around Miyuki).
Looks like conjecture to me, I don't see any direct evidence for that. If you have any, please give references.

Quote:
So, basically; she was upset at having her interactions with Miyuki reduced, and thus sided with the group that was voting the rights for being with her. The later embarrassment could stem from the fact that she had to directly state that she wanted to be with "them" (or rather, Miyuki), compared to before where she could just silently follow the group and be around Miyuki.
But she is asking _Tatsuya_ for permission, not Miyuki. And she is blushing heavily and stammering when she is asking _him_ to do something trivial like walking to the station. Throughout the entire chapter her eyes are fixed on _him_ instead of Miyuki, which we can see by the upward-angle of her head. She also doesn't show any _trace_ of the anti-weed scorn which Morisaki and his turds displayed, instead she's unquestioningly taking Tatsuya's explanations of magic at face value, even when she's visibly shocked by them.

All of this is pretty obvious from this chapter, even without the consideration of later spoilers which have been listed.
Old 2012-03-26, 22:52   Link #154
whsie

Too restricted to say anything specific, but let's just say that Erika is a weird one in terms of relationships.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2012-03-27 at 02:28. Reason: Quote removed
whsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 22:55   Link #155
Richocet
Lover of Purity

^ From the intertactions so far I thought she might have a thing/develop a relation with Leo
Old 2012-03-26, 23:11   Link #156
whsie

Lol, more than that. She has shown potential interest in two others AND she is the same type as Miyuki regarding relatives. Again, too restricted to say much, but she is definitely a weird case.
Old 2012-03-26, 23:16   Link #157
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Wow, I can only think of words which I can't put down
So chap 4 of manga is about half-way thorugh chap2 of vol, right? So can we expect it to follow this pattern of 2 chap (manga) per vol chap or will it get bigger as it becomes more detailed
Old 2012-03-27, 00:06   Link #158
whsie

If I were to predict, the immediate events that follow will take one chapter or so unless they decide to condense the meeting and Tatsuya's debut into one chapter. If not, I can see it as two chapters. After the one or two chapters, the ending of volume 1 (the part translated on Baka Tsuki) will take one chapter in itself. I predict 2 to 3 more chapters for volume 1.
Old 2012-03-27, 00:07   Link #159
Atrum023
Eternal Silence

It would probably get bigger as things start to become more detailed. This was mentioned to be really text heavy at some points so I wouldn't be surprised if the chapters per equivalent chapter in the light novel increased.

On that note, the recent chapter basically confirmed one of my thoughts that, yes, Tatsuya is a great 'visual learner'. Essentially, he seems to be like Index in the magical analysis part. It also seemed like he was going to use magic in this chapter, but was promptly 'ninja'd'... Well, I can already guess that Tatsuya will be involved with the student council, but as to how involved I'm not quite sure.

Just a reminder to some of you guys, placing spoiler from the light novel into this thread within spoiler tags is still forbidden. Just direct the person who's asking the question to the appropriate posts in the light novel thread.
Old 2012-03-27, 01:19   Link #160
larethian

Like what Atrum023 said, placing future spoilers from LN in this thread is forbidden, even behind spoiler tags!! That's why we made two threads instead.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
irregular, koukou, mahouka, manga, rettousei, school life, shounen, yuutousei