AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-07-24, 16:12   Link #3761
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

Trying out Calypso in my search for a si-fi MMO.
ninryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-24, 16:15   Link #3762
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Bought RCT3 during steam sales, so been going on a nostalgia trip with that one.

Also tried out some GalCivII. Loving the soundtrack.

And, as usual, EVE. The war against goons continues, and I've participated in my first ever match in the Alliance Tournament.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-24, 20:06   Link #3763
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

On the PC, World of Tanks and Borderlands 2. I've been playing WoT for just about a month now, after about 2 years odd of not playing. Borderlands 2 is pretty fun at times.

On my iPad, I'm playing Breach & Clear, Where's My Water, and the iDOLM@STER Shiny Festa: Harmonic Sound, which is the iOS port of Shiny Festa.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-24, 23:34   Link #3764
shinku no kage
:Still Yayoi's Onii~chan:

Playing THE iDOLM@STER2 and Disgaea 3 on the PS3. FINALLY got the 765 Score Attacker trophie in iM@S2, now I just have to get the Idolmaster and True Idolmaster trophies to platinum the game. Taking my time with trophies on Disgaea 3. Still have a lot to do in the Item World and Land of Carnage.

...also playing Pokmon Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue Team on the GBA.

Waiting on my copy of Nino Kuni.
Old 2013-07-25, 00:41   Link #3765
T-6000

I recently played through Bad Company 2's Singleplayer, but I don't think I'll be going through it again. Hell, I couldn't even finish it and promptly nuked it from my PC. Here's some more on my thoughts on the SP aspect of BC2, if anyone is interested.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...5&postcount=54

Ah well, back to more Skyrim and Crysis Warhead for me. Crysis Warhead isn't as good as Crysis 2 and 3, but it's still surprisingly fun.....if you do the proper tweaks to get it to run at a good smooth Framerate.
T-6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-29, 14:46   Link #3766
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

I'm finally playing Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (PS3) , I just started Chapter 4: Run to Ground !
Kid Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-29, 18:43   Link #3767
Mai Sakurando
Dream Cat
*Author

I just started on Dynasty Warriors 8. I am doing some story mode for Wei first since I like the Wei faction more. (Cao Cao ftw!) While not playing DW8, I played some Luminous Electric Symphony for some high score.

-Mai Saku-
Old 2013-07-29, 19:43   Link #3768
RadiantSoul

I finished Yunica's story (Normal Difficulty) in Ys Origin yesterday. Today, I started/finished Noitu Love 2 Devolution on normal as Xoda.

I also tried out Magical Drop V, which i was gifted during the steam sale. I can't tell you how angry that game has made me in a short 2 hours.
RadiantSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-30, 06:09   Link #3769
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Putting the finishing touches in my Gods Eater:Burst gear along with the final few rank 10 missions - I'm not going anywhere NEAR challenge, that stuff is sick :P

Also getting started on Valkyria Chronicles II, it's pretty fun and makes me think I'm a clever tactician, so it's all good
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-30, 08:05   Link #3770
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
Just got the platinum trophy for Uncharted 2: Among Thieves [PS3] and planning to do the same with Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots [PS3]. Before the trophy support was added, I already finished the game 100%. Can't believe I have to start all over again! the chicken and big boss emblems are especially a pain to get.
I hear that man.

I left my PS3 playing MGS4 on over the weekend when I went out to get the hours up for Chicken.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 03:02   Link #3771
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

I've started playing Borderlands: GotY Edition (PS3) , I'm currently at Level 4 as Soldier .
Kid Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 20:55   Link #3772
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Playing Jagged Alliance 2 Urban Chaos 1.13 with the new v4.47 release which adds the improvements from the vanilla campaign to UC.

Haven't played this since before Kapooka and I have to say I am in love with some of the new features.

Most notably the new machine gunner system with a number two. Coupled with my new found fondness of machine guns courtousy of the ADF's F89 and Mag-58, I haven't had so much fun in JA2 for ages.

Had my gunner with a PKM, the number two was laying next to him with another box of 7.62x54r link on one side of a river way. As hostilities broke out in sector, enemy shooters massed on the opposite side thirty squares away as marksman on both sides exchanged shots.

I'm playing on Insane so there are so many bloody enemies in each contact it can be overwhelming and I've withdrawn more times than I'd like to admit but not before giving the Danubian military a bloody nose.

So clusters of enemy combatants began to form in several places on the other side as some of them decided to try to swim over... only to have their skull aerated by one of my marksman. Others simply went to ground or ran from cover to cover.

The first group I targeted consisted of half a dozen red shirts keeping a low profile sitting nearly shoulder to shoulder. With no direct line of sight the gun group couldn't target anyone with explicit accuracy but quantity has a quality of it's own.

The command would have been like "Gun Group! Two hundred metres! Axis of advance! Slight left! Enemy half section in open! Thirty rounds, RAPID!!" And it was a machine gunner's wet dream.

Dragging an arc before firing I chose for the gunner to try and shoot from one side of the group to the other. And that he did. It was like a scythe, five of the six blokes went down as a direct result of the incoming rounds leaving the last bloke cowering in fear with an extra hole in his chest.

Like I said, there were several such clusters and this is where the new number two system was greatly appreciated. Without having to stop and reload after one belt, the system counts as if the number two's belt has been added to the end of the belt attached to the weapon and you can effectively double the amount of rounds you can put down range in a very short period of time.

Granted the number two now cannot fire their own weapon but in some situations like the one above, using an area effect weapon like a GPMG is more effective than an individual weapon.

So yeah, JA2 now and always, 10/10.

Old 2013-08-04, 00:59   Link #3773
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Currently playing the Front Mission games

it occur to me that 90s could be call the Age of the emo MC. Was there a jrpg MC in the 90s that didn't act like emo teenager?
Old 2013-08-04, 01:02   Link #3774
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
At the moment getting a nice replay of Valkyria Chronicles (PS3) in.

Though maybe can't call it a full replay since I actually never finished it the first time. A certain part of the game just killed my motivation to continue on. But since it's months later I figured might as well start off from the beginning and beat this whole thing.
Old 2013-08-05, 03:29   Link #3775
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

The power of Isara compells you! The power of Isara compells you!

To finish VC.

Old 2013-08-05, 04:21   Link #3776
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Bought Payday 2 with some friends. Been playing the beta for quite a bit now, loving it. If someone wants to play sometime, add "AX" or "apocnuke" on Steam.

And of course EVE. Bought myself a Nyx.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-05, 08:34   Link #3777
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました

Currently playing a Japanese MMO called Madoka Magica Online besides reading shit loads of VNs.

It's so hard for a noob like me to kill Walpurgis -_-
KanbeKotori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 00:34   Link #3778
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

currently playing:

ps3 - Dragon's Crown
comments: started as an Amazon. she is surprisingly very strong so far. I also give
the Elf a tried. she was quick, but kind of weak. not sure if it's my style anymore. I'm starting
to like to get up close and hack stuffs more. the game's graphic is very beautiful for a game
that's only 1.3 gig. >D

ps3 - Tales of Xillia
comments: this game kind of slow at starting point. the beginning is a little boring. i'm playing
as Jude first. maybe the game will be more lively when more party members join. just starting out
and i'm about 2 hrs. in. the combat is alright...althought I still like Grace f and Vesperia more.
maybe that'll also gets better later on...I hope.
Old 2013-08-07, 20:39   Link #3779
T-6000

I just finished Modern Warfare 3's SP campaign on a friend's Steam account, and I don't think I'll be touching this game again. I'll be honest, the game is boring. And I'll just leave it at that since I know there are some people here that do enjoy MW3. The IW departure, I felt, really affected the quality of the game. At this point I don't think I'll be picking up COD Ghosts, unless I can try it out first.

Ah well, I'll either go through FEAR 3 (not as good as the first one, but better than the second) to Crysis 3 once again.
T-6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 21:33   Link #3780
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Payday 2 beta. It's getting a bit repetitive (well of course, it is a beta and there is a cap haha). Can't wait till it comes out next week!

Loading up Skyrim here and there and DotA 2 occasionally. Lost the urge to play SWTOR for some reason. Canceled my subscription since Payday 2 is coming out next week but for some reason they gave me 2 months but charged me only for 1. Might have been because I was a returning playing after a year+ haha.

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote