AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

View Poll Results: Who's your Favourite Lucky Star Main Character ?
Kagami 192 35.89%
Konata 263 49.16%
Miyuki 19 3.55%
Tsukasa 61 11.40%
Voters: 535. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-10, 10:23   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Who's your Favourite Lucky Star Main Character ?

Vote for your Favourite Main Character in Lucky Star !

As I think all of us already noticed , the world of Lucky Star features (and will feature) several characters, but it definitely revolves around the four main girls. In alphabetical order by given name:
  • Kagami
  • Konata
  • Miyuki
  • Tsukasa

You have 1 single vote. Use it wisely since once casted you cannot come back to change it. The poll is public, so votes will be visible to everyone.
Please note that this poll is not related with the "Favourite Character Poll" (including all the significant characters) which we will open later in the series.

Thread Rules
  • No campaigning for votes.
    This means: avoid post such as "Vote for..." or "Do not vote for..." since they'll be deleted. Discuss why you do or don’t like characters without campaigning for votes.

• Do not insult or harass other members for their choices.
    Please remember: this is for fun. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter is always welcome, but harassing people won’t be tolerated.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It’s great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.
Old 2007-05-10, 11:06   Link #2
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Personally in real life, whether or not I end up liking a particular girl rests on three personality traits; for lack of better names in my memory, I'll call them "fighting spirit", "feminine self-awareness", and "reliability". However, just having one or more of these personality traits in abundance isn't enough; it is possible to have TOO much of any of these three traits, causing me to be turned off instead. Let me illustrate;

~ "Fighting Spirit" - how well a girl deals with being teased. This is important because how the girls responds to being teased indicates both her intellectual capacity and her mental strength, and consequently how much I'll enjoy her company. Too little of this trait means she's the type who is easily cowed, and therefore I'll find her boring since she doesn't "fight back" when teased. Too much of this trait basically means she's a bitch, and who likes bitches?

~ "Feminine Self-Awareness - how aware a girl is of her own feminity, and thus her own emotional needs. Too little of this trait means she's a tomboy, and I'm apt to treat her like a good friend, one of the guys...anything BUT a girl. Too much of this trait means she's so saccharine-sweet, I'll only be left gagging from diabetic overload.

~ As for "Reliability", since it's kinda hard to deduce this quotient of personality from the 4 Rakisuta girls based on what we've seen (and are likely to see for the rest of the series), I'll just base my preference on the remaining two traits.

So, giving each trait a 100-point rating, ranging from -50 to 50,

Konata:
Fighting Spirit ~ 30
Feminine Self-Awareness ~ -45

Fun as heck, but I just can't see her as a girl. She'll make a pretty good friend, but that's about it.

Tsukasa:
Fighting Spirit ~ -15
Feminine Self-Awareness ~ 20

Bland. Imouto-type, but nothing particularly outstanding to me.

Miyuki:
Fighting Spirit ~ -30
Feminine Self-Awareness ~ 50

ACK!!!! WAY TOO MUCH SWEETNESS!!!! WAY TOO MUCH MOE!!!! WAY TOO MUC- *dies*

That leaves.....

Kagami:
Fighting Spirit ~ 30
Feminine Self-Awareness ~ 25

As far as I'm concerned, when it comes to tsunderes, Kagami's the perfect blend. "Tsun" but not too "tsun", and "dere" coming out at just the right moments, she's my pick between the four.
Old 2007-05-10, 11:15   Link #3
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

I wonder who has more supporters... between Miyuki and Tsukasa? The two of them seem to get the least attention in the episode threads.

As for my vote... well, I think it is bloody obvious to most people by now. Here's something that I wrote a while back.

Source
Spoiler for tidiness:

Old 2007-05-10, 11:22   Link #4
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

First, very nicely built poll (though a bit early and lacks the tier 2 characters) -- points for the pics and not just names.

I went into this series being a Konata fan... but seeing Kagami animated and voiced each episode has drifted me into Kagami's camp. Though a certain someone I know looks more like Konata -- she *acts* more like Kagami which biases me.

Seriously this is poll of the trivialities... of the 4 choices they're all quite entertaining... though Miyuki really gets left behind a lot -- keep an eye out for when more of her attributes are animated (hint: hand her a game controller). Tsukasa has been a submarine hit with all her little side comments and whispers.

It'll be interesting to rerun the poll after Nanako and Yui get more airtime (I suspect Nanoko may draw some attention at least). And depending on how they handle Konata's mom ... she could shear off some numbers
Old 2007-05-10, 11:26   Link #5
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I'm voting for Konata.

I like each of the four main characters in there own respected way, though Konata is the one i enjoy seeing more. Her solo scenes are genius, with great humor that works on screen, as well as the manga.

If i wasn't voting for Konata, then it would be the lil' button Tsukasa.
Old 2007-05-10, 11:29   Link #6
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
I'm sorry to offend all you tsundere fans, but I'm gonna go with Konata. She's just so random, yet so clever, and we have so many things in common... (wait, isn't that actually something dangerous!? ) And I usually tend to favor a lot the less "normal" characters. Kagami... she seems too normal to me. She's like the "voice of reality", the one that anchors Konata and the rest to the world. She reminds me too much of Yomi of Azumanga Daioh, and she wasn't a character I particularly liked. Though she's a bit more facetious than Yomi (and definitely much cuter) she still has this "normal" feel to her.

I know, I'm biased towards wacky characters. In AzuDai, Osaka and Tomo were my favorites. And now I've gotta go with Konata.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
Old 2007-05-10, 11:45   Link #7
Tatsumiko
*Artist

Konata all the way!!!!!....and not just because she has blue hair XD

....I wouldve voted for Tsukasa as the runner-up...She is too cute and her actions remind me of myself somehow...(really liked her in episode 5!!!)

I like Kagami as the common sense ^^...(you cant have too many goofy-charas)

but Miyuki....ehmmm...nahhh..too unrealistic...I don't really like characters that are discribed as perfect-humans...she can be cute but still I can't really pay attention to her character development (I forgot her name a few times ^^")
Old 2007-05-10, 12:10   Link #8
Mueti
あ!

Send a message via ICQ to Mueti
I'll still a wait a few more eps before voting, I'm not too sure right now.
What I don't get though is why so many of you favor Kagami, as Wandering Night said she's got more of a "normal" feel to her, I don't find her particularly interesting.
Miyuki, being the impersonated moe cliche is a bit too much for me.

Right now it's a tie between Konata and Tsukasa but I get the feeling that Tsukasa might win if she gets a bit more screentime. ^^
Old 2007-05-10, 12:20   Link #9
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Kagami is anything but normal. As already discussed in the episode threads, Kagami is only "acting" normal, but her "wavelength" is actually more in tune with Konata than what society (Japanese in this case) would perceive to be "normal".

Part of the fun in the K&K dynamic is that Konata is aware of Kagami's inner "deviant". Kagami's archetype is very varied at this point. To pin her to only one or two archetype(s), is to ignore her other character traits.

Cheers.
Old 2007-05-10, 12:30   Link #10
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

It's Konata for me. Her personality is fun. How she teases Kagami is hilarious. That she's also an Otaku is also fun. Her appearance also wins. Wouldn't want her as a girlfriend or anything, but she is certainly my favorite in this show. Miyuki is a 2nd for me her up and down movement in the OP got me hypnotised. o_O Actually Kagami is also a good 2nd, since she more personality then Miyuki. How she reacts to Kagami is also hilarious. Tsukasa is just meh imo, she fails to impress. xp
Old 2007-05-10, 12:32   Link #11
Mueti
あ!

Send a message via ICQ to Mueti
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Kagami is anything but normal. As already discussed in the episode threads, Kagami is only "acting" normal, but her "wavelength" is actually more in tune with Konata than what society (Japanese in this case) would perceive to be "normal".

Part of the fun in the K&K dynamic is that Konata is aware of Kagami's inner "deviant". Kagami's archetype is very varied at this point. To pin her to only one or two archetype(s), is to ignore her other character traits.

Cheers.
She herself is denying many of her own character traits...which in my opinion makes her quite the normal human being.
Old 2007-05-10, 12:37   Link #12
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
I love Kona and Kagamiya both, but at present moment I'm loving Kagamiya more. My entire cellphone is Kagamiyaified, and my desktop has both Kona and Kagamiya on it... Though, if Kona weren't there, Kagamiya wouldn't be my favorite (we'd never see her teased)...

Awww Tsukasa's such a cutie, I'm glad she got a few too.

Last edited by Risaa; 2007-05-10 at 12:38. Reason: Spread Tsukasa Love, Too. :)
Old 2007-05-10, 12:37   Link #13
Eichan
Explosive Magical Girl

Konata for me! She's the kind of gamer/otaku girl that I can relate to. Not that I'm as obsessed as her ... really... >.>;
Old 2007-05-10, 13:13   Link #14
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
I wonder who has more supporters... between Miyuki and Tsukasa? The two of them seem to get the least attention in the episode threads.
In the poll they have over at the sos-dan image board, Tsukasa was the one with the least amount of support; Though in here, Miyuki might be the one that ends at the bottom.

Wich would hardly be a surprise, btw. She has been given less than 10 minutes total in the last bunch of episodes, hardly enough for people to like her....... or hate her for that matter.

But dont worry Miyuki, I am still here for you.

EDIT:

Oh yeah, out of all the main characters, Tsukasa is the one at the bottom, but the one less liked there is Akira.
Old 2007-05-10, 13:23   Link #15
Shana

I love Miyuki, she's really cute and intelligent. She always be here (here, with me :3~) for you. But my vote is from Konata, an otaku-mastah/master, she's better than me, she can study all she didn't do in two weeks and me can't . She's the Shana's clon, her moeness is incredible. She's my idol.
Old 2007-05-10, 14:04   Link #16
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Of course its the girl me. I mean Konata of course, though Konata kind of got replaced with a different character last episode, an imposter if you will. I hope she's back in full form next time.
Old 2007-05-10, 14:45   Link #17
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Poor Miyuki only one vote sniff!!!

Seems like Kona-chan and Kagami are on top of the list! On another forum Konata has more votes than Kagami, Miyuki and Tsukasa. Definately only a otaku moe girl can win over a tsundre moe.

But Kagami has followers too...but Konata is uniting the flat chested girls. I think I know who's gonna win :P
Old 2007-05-10, 15:52   Link #18
Code001
Mac OS X Junkie

Send a message via AIM to Code001
For me, it's Kona-chan all the way. Her wit and otaku-ness simply bring her into a completely different level of "amazing" when it comes to judging the characters. It also helps that I can relate to her in many ways (although, I don't know if that's a good thing or not.... ) I guess I'm just a sucker for the more otaku types.
Old 2007-05-10, 16:04   Link #19
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

I'm currently wafting hither and thither between Konata and Tsukasa.
Barusamikosu...
Old 2007-05-10, 16:08   Link #20
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Btw Akira should be added to the poll. I bet ya she will get more votes then say Miyuki and Tsukasa. Eventhough she's a side char. She deserves to be on the list. Though I'm still Konata all the way. :3
Closed Thread