AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-02-20, 23:16   Link #141
drownindreams

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY episode 7!

what a nice friday surprise =)

to A-F staff and all hands concerned: you have brought me christmas 10 months early! thank you for keeping with Twin Spica's fans, and thank you for the loooong wait! I know there were some difficulties, but this is the first time I've been super excited about an episode coming out.

Thanks again, can't wait for that d/l bar to reach completion... ^_^
drownindreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-21, 00:19   Link #142
wao
OK.

Talking

AHHH!!! HALLELUJAH!!! Thank you Anime-Fansubs!

After seeing you release Platonic Chain yesterday, I thought "hm a-f seems to be alive, maybe we'll get a TS release :O" and voila!

Now all I need to do is wait for the sky to fall down

Heh, this is the first TS release of the year...

You evil A-F people, you really have a stranglehold on us... monopolising a good anime... ;P j/k
wao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-21, 03:10   Link #143
Lanimoo
Disabled By Request

Unhappy episode 7 does it again

;_;.......wuaaaaahhh!!! I'm too much of a crybaby... every little thing makes me melt....sniff sniff.... especially the part when asumi gets on the train to leave for the orientation in tokyo....and lion-san sees her off.... ;_; ...soo goood....

kanashii...... ;_;
Lanimoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-21, 04:10   Link #144
marin

Episode 7

YES!!!

<3 Anime-Fansubs!
marin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-21, 05:38   Link #145
Kensuke

Twin Spica episode 7! Arigato gozaimasu Anime-fansubs!

Uh, these episodes are just too touching. Asumi not wanting to cry but then eventually crying in the end...
But I actually laughed once, when Ukita threatens those boys. More screentime for Ukita-san! Heh.
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-21, 06:46   Link #146
CompShrink
getting in comps' heads

Send a message via AIM to CompShrink
Ep 7 was really good.

I agree with wao, long wait, glad to see it though. I was considering trying to get one of my groups to pick it up since you hadn't released in over 2 months, and then I saw the platonic chain and was like, oh, they got their translator and whatever issues fixed! PLEASE have some TS coming!

Lo and behold, TS 7! I can't wait for the next ep.
CompShrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-21, 08:32   Link #147
wao
OK.

Smile Bootleg camp? Sorry, I just had to type that.

Yeah, ep 7 was pretty good. Hehe, what's the name of Asumi's friend (not the green-haired person, the other girl), she's your typical happy happy joy joy lucky well-off popular-kind-of girl...

When Asumi had to admit she didn't have a handphone... It hit home because I only got a handphone very very recently and it was an utter and complete surprise. However, unlike her, my dad could have afforded one except I really never thought (and still don't think) I need one... Of course when he insisted on getting one he had to get it overseas, unlike some schoolmates who have VERY flashy and VERY new designs which change every 2 months or something. Sheesh.

I feel a lot for her. She may seem basic and stupid because of her kindness and friendliness and still child-like image, but how many of those kids in that school cook their own dinner? And probably clean their own house? And have no mother?... Asumi is actually pretty tough for having gone through childhood with almost no friends. She's stayed happy because of her ambition and her dreams and Lion-san. Gawsh Lion-san...

I can't wait for the next ep too. 20 eps means that there must be something about it to be beyond the typical 13 or 26 eps. Hmm...

Speaking of which, I wonder if anyone's translating the manga (there is one, isn't there? Right? Eh?...)
Old 2004-02-21, 09:19   Link #148
marin

You know, after this episode I realize why Asumi is such an appealing main character.

She may be shy, but she's also emotionally open and honest. It's quite refreshing.
marin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-21, 10:20   Link #149
saku~ya
la~li~lo

What another awesome episode. I even sat through the OP sequence since it had been awhile since I listened to it. It was touching to ese Lion-san come and see her off. Its apparent that he obviously cares about her. I hope this wasn't the last time we'll get to see Lion-san, he a nice character ^.^

What was up with Asumi's teacher? Does he know something about her dad perhaps? It also looks like she hasn't told any of her friends about her family.

Whooo I think Twins Spica has 26 episodes. And last time I checked Japan is at 13, so we can look forward to seeing more TS until we catch up.
saku~ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-21, 11:25   Link #150
Kensuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
She may seem basic and stupid because of her kindness and friendliness and still child-like image, but how many of those kids in that school cook their own dinner? And probably clean their own house? And have no mother?... Asumi is actually pretty tough for having gone through childhood with almost no friends. She's stayed happy because of her ambition and her dreams and Lion-san. Gawsh Lion-san...
Asumi had pretty tough childhood since her mother is dead and her father works most of the time (his worklist was almost full) so she had to learn independed very early age.
Also good detail was picture of her mother.

At episode 6 we learned about Ukita's (that yellow-haired girl) childhood which wasn't very happy either and I'm also interested at Kei's (that other girl) background, but it would seem that she is one of the few characters in this series that actually had happy childhood, but I will wait and see...
BTW... during opening scenes we see Kei (or is it Kei?) dancing with masked person, I wonder what is that...
Old 2004-02-21, 13:13   Link #151
Lanimoo
Disabled By Request

Lightbulb

just incase people wondered why lion-san didn't go with asumi to the space academy. its not because he's staying for asumi's teacher. he has to stay because spirits aren't allowed to leave the area where they died.
Lanimoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-21, 13:51   Link #152
IMSabbel

The one thing i like most in this anime is that people actually TALK to each other. Or that people have some kind of empathy.
I was really happy to see that Asumi talking to lion-san about him staying behind...
(

btw: Its seems that ms blonde-hair-bad-mood girl (sorry, forgot her name) had either cancer or some other serious disease. That kind of isolation in her childhood, the fear about germs (hey, closed enviroments arent anymore save or unsafe than open ones if you dont breed fungus in the fringe), the pills she is taking,....

About mr blonde, laid back guy (im really bad with names...): The pin his father is wearing while beating him in the flashback scene, does is symbolize yakuza background or just "really rich" background? Because the way it was presented it should be important...
IMSabbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-21, 15:09   Link #153
StarCreator
HnK founding lunatic

It's Marika (Ukita) dancing in the opening, not Kei. That scene is explained more in episode 9.

Marika doesn't seem to be very healthy... episodes 8 and especially 9 emphasise this...
Old 2004-02-22, 05:27   Link #154
CelestiaLegends

wow, noticing that pin :P thats some powers of observation.

AWSOMENESS that this series is continueing ^_^
CelestiaLegends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-22, 10:42   Link #155
Kensuke

Thank you, StarCreator, to make that clear. But now how I can even sleep before next episodes come out?
Old 2004-02-25, 14:02   Link #156
Snowpoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
Speaking of which, I wonder if anyone's translating the manga (there is one, isn't there? Right? Eh?...)
Yes, there is a manga. 5 tankubon have been published so far. No one doing any scanlations as far as I know.

I'll be scanlating them myself someday(after I finish translating the first volume of Yotsubato), but as I'll be translating them into Norwegian that'll probably only interest a small percentage of Animesuki users...

Hopefully it'll be picked up by one of the American publishers(the anime too!).

Snowpoke
Snowpoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-25, 14:49   Link #157
KrooleMannen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowpoke
Hopefully it'll be picked up by one of the American publishers(the anime too!).

Snowpoke
Doesn´t Tokyopop release the manga?
KrooleMannen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-25, 15:57   Link #158
StarCreator
HnK founding lunatic

As far as I know, Futatsu no Spica manga is not picked up. You might be thinking of Junikyu de Tsukamaete (published as Zodiac PI), where the lead character uses "Spica" as her alias.
Old 2004-03-03, 23:53   Link #159
goldenthal

Guys, I know Asumi came from a poor family, from the episode when her dad worked practically 24 hours / day just to send her to the examinations. But when Asumi said that she has no handphone and in a dignified manner, something really strike home.

Touching.

And I must say that this is one of the better children anime this season.

Btw, the OP song is out!
goldenthal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-04, 02:41   Link #160
wao
OK.

Yeah - there's a thread about it in the Music forum, go discuss!

I wonder when the ED will come out: actually, it's an old song from the 60s I believe... If I'm not wrong, Sakamoto Kyu has sung it before (he's a 60s singer), though the title was slightly different: Miagete Goran Sora no Hoshi wo...

http://www.japanorama.com/kyuchan.html This is a (slightly old [but that doesn't matter]) page about the singer, who also sang the original Japanese song Ue o Muite Arukou - this song is known in English in the west as Sukiyaki. A very famous song at that time... and very nice tune, it's so damn nice to whistle to... even though the english and Japanese lyrics have got nothing to do with each other.. What a sad way he died ;_;

Well, it's no wonder the ED for TS sounds so retroish and easy to listen to...

Edit: saku~ya, TS has 20 eps the last time I checked... which is great, it dares to go past the typical 13 eps despite lower production quality. (visual wise)

Last edited by wao; 2004-03-04 at 02:55.

Tags
science fiction, seinen