Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2008-03-09, 08:15   Link #221
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
They are just there to pilot a MS, they may or may not die fighting. But we know hack about them. Most of them will just be almost forgotten after the series to casual viewers. Hence as good as being thrown away.
The Black Tri-Star, forgotten? I think you underestimate casual viewers, considering how much homage we've gotten for those three in not just Gundam, but Japanese media in general.

And most character backgrounds in Gundam aren't "elaborated in detail", including the majority in 00. The only one whose background we know more about than we did Corin's background would probably be Setsuna and that's it.
Old 2008-03-09, 08:23   Link #222
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
The Black Tri-Star, forgotten? I think you underestimate casual viewers, considering how much homage we've gotten for those three in not just Gundam, but Japanese media in general.
Oh but MSG was an exception as it revolutionise the entire Mecha Genre.

Quote:
And most character backgrounds in Gundam aren't "elaborated in detail", including the majority in 00. The only one whose background we know more about than we did Corin's background would probably be Setsuna and that's it.
Yes, I concurred. But consider the screen time those Trio usually get in general. The longest showing Trio will be Yazan and Co. And I can only remember Yazan. Too bad he was reduce to a joke in ZZ, Tomino should have let him died.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 08:27   Link #223
Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraJesusYamato View Post
Does these look like eyes of a kind journalist to you...

Hope he didn't end up as faggotzuki from dragonaut.
Old 2008-03-09, 08:27   Link #224
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Yes, I concurred. But consider the screen time those Trio usually get in general. The longest showing Trio will be Yazan and Co. And I can only remember Yazan. Too bad he was reduce to a joke in ZZ, Tomino should have let him died.
Well, if we're speaking in strick MS Pilot Trios, shouldn't Garrod/Roybea/Witz and Shinn/Lunamaria/Rey have something to say about this too?
Old 2008-03-09, 08:35   Link #225
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Well, if we're speaking in strick MS Pilot Trios, shouldn't Garrod/Roybea/Witz and Shinn/Lunamaria/Rey have something to say about this too?
They're out of this circle since they were there from the begining, didn't just jump out for nowhere mid series and don't always stick to each other.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 23:09   Link #226
MasterX25
Celestial Beings No.1 Fan
*Author

Oh man, Saji is a cool character. If he becomes like that Kazuki from Dragonaut, man I have overestimated the capability of Sunrise, they will suck.
MasterX25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 23:41   Link #227
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

I'm guessing that at this point Nena will have to explain the whole ordeal with Veda and perhaps work with Tieria to get Veda back. I'm curious to see how a uber system like Veda gets hacked so easily. On the other hand, the Drei is pretty much in tact so I can see Nena flying off to get herself a giant MA; not a big fan of this scenario.
JackRydden224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 23:56   Link #228
flou
That's no lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy View Post
That, unfortunately, was my first thought too I hope that, instead of revenge, he goes out and seeks the truth, explores space like he promised Louise, or builds something that will actually help somebody. I doubt anyone would give him a Gundam This isn't Seed after all.
flou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 09:41   Link #229
Eleutheria
旅行癖

Quote:
Originally Posted by flou View Post
That, unfortunately, was my first thought too I hope that, instead of revenge, he goes out and seeks the truth, explores space like he promised Louise, or builds something that will actually help somebody. I doubt anyone would give him a Gundam This isn't Seed after all.
Perhaps he will shoot somebody for one. I for one am hoping for him to steal Patrick's GN-X.
Old 2008-03-10, 11:55   Link #230
ichobi

00 is quite realistic, a complete noobs like Saji operates a friggin Gundam would be a little bit off. But this is Sunrise we're talking about, who knows he might even be genetically modified and thus a NewType somehow. Amuro friggin kills 2 Zaku vets in the very first Gundam episode.....
ichobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 12:44   Link #231
KiraJesusYamato

o.o those zaku vets were naive o.o and of course it was the gundam they were vsing which made them look obsolete then amuro got used to it...
KiraJesusYamato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 14:39   Link #232
Wal Ouran Leviathan

I'm moving the discussion here since it contains mainly speculations rather than spoilers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgun
The fact that Laguna ordered team Trinity to assassinate Prof Aifman seems to point to the fact that Laguna was part of CB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by edf91
Laguna Harvey have no connection to CB in any kind is the wrong assumption to make as well because the Throne siblings know too much about CB for him to not have any type of connection to them - either he's an observer or he has a "traitor" inside CB, or he wouldn't know about the interface to Veda
Last couple of episodes also proved that Laguna was merely a puppet manipulated by Corner, who knows about Veda. And Neena had access to Veda on Ptolemaios and probably learnt about Aifman from Sumeragi's profile.

Quote:
It is "unsourced" for a while, but thing that makes this "source" believable in the sense that this actually came out like a month or so ago, at least in the Chinese forums, so it's definitely not those run of the mill rumor/speculation that just pop out of nowhere (after people see the episodes and spoilers, then come up with their own "theories").
I've read it enough to make my own opinion of it. I never said it wasn't credible. Tell me how "no second CB faction" doesn't fit the story so far ? The only factor that could prove it's wrong is Ribbons, who could be part of that eventual rogue CB faction. But I guess if there had been a major split among CB, wouldn't the protagonists have known about it ?
Orange Haro's reaction toward purple Haro is also suspicious. If it (purple) was originaly part of an antagonist CB faction, would have orange been so friendly with it ?
I think we were lead to think there was a second faction, while in fact it was Corner that was messing Aeolia's plan up for his own benefits.

Quote:
Also, it certainly fit the storyline so far - not saying it is 100% true, but I would say it's one of those "rumor" that has a really great chance of being true at all.
All we know about the GN Drive Tau's conception is that it's missing an important piece (that could have been ignored by purpose to make it easier and faster to build). That's the only reason your "spoiler" fits in the story. That, and the fact that 80 years ago there was a wrecked station with dead scientists inside. I admit I can hardly explain that whithout the second faction theory. My only guess is that someone like Aeolia Schenberg who is ready to bring peace by such radical actions as armed interventions could be able to have his own scientists killed to keep the secrets of the GN Drive.

Quote:
If you bother reading it, you would know the Tau GN drives are the first batch of drives they come up with, but Schenberg hated it because it emit the red GN particles that are harmful to humans, hence they developed the TD blanket to filter those out. The other fraction in CB, know that the manufacturing process of the TD blanket takes too long and can only be produced in certain places (current speculation is Jupiter, judging from the professor's reaction), want to use those drives instead of the ones with the blanket because the Tau drives can be mass produced already. A fight basically broke out, and the "other side" lost. This make sense, as otherwise, why would there be a Halo just floating around in wreckage? Now, we can say it came from the "losing side," hence there is no TD blanket (not that they want it anyway).
I never said the rumors about how they invented the TD blanket was wrong. It's the second faction theory that I disagree with so far. And again, I could be totally wrong because we don't actually know about Ribbons. Maybe Corner himself was manipulated by that faction through Ribbons. Then it might become the major antagonist in season 2.

Quote:
The "spoiler" said the split happens about 80 or so years ago, so that is a couple of generations of Corners at least.
What's wrong with that ?

Quote:
And the spoiler about Ribbons enabling TRANS-AM came from a different set of spoilers
If you bother reading my post as well as p.168 rumors, it specifically says that the Trans Am system needs to be unlocked by a living CPU controlled by Veda. I never mentionned Ribbons.

EDIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by "spoiler", assuming translation is correct
3) However, TD blanket has a limit on how much it can filter, so when the GN Drive produced too much, it will start to go "Berserk" and release a lot of red GN particles. This can be used as a weapon, and when the MS is in this mode, it is called TRANSAM. Weapons and movement are powered several times in this mode.

4) Since the red GN particles is bad for the pilot, this mode cannot be used in normal operation. Only special weapons that require a lot of GN particles like GN ARMS can use it. The TRANSAM mode can only be unlocked by the living CPU directly control/controlled(?) by VEDA.
1. Does a recorded message or a frozen body enters the definition of "living CPU" ?
2. Besides glowing red, have we seen Trans Am Exia emiting red GN particles ?
3. Why would Aeolia Schenberg allow the use of unhealthy particles he hates so much and that probably tore his organisation 80 years ago ?

Last edited by Wal Ouran Leviathan; 2008-03-10 at 15:06.
Wal Ouran Leviathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 15:21   Link #233
Cox
BEETLEJUICE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wal Ouran Leviathan View Post
1. Does a recorded message or a frozen body enters the definition of "living CPU" ?
3. Why would Aeolia Schenberg allow the use of unhealthy particles he hates so much and that probably tore his organisation 80 years ago ?
1: I think Aeolia was not connected to Veda. he was frozen in a block of ice and his message was also very general.
2: The Gundam cannot output red particles from the drive because of the Blanket. The red particles escape through the armor I am guessing. That gives Exia its awesome speed.
Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 15:36   Link #234
edf91

Quote:
I'm moving the discussion here since it contains mainly speculations rather than spoilers.
I think the only reason it remains here because the original copy and paste was posted on this message (I was just replying to that).

Quote:
Last couple of episodes also proved that Laguna was merely a puppet manipulated by Corner, who knows about Veda. And Neena had access to Veda on Ptolemaios and probably learnt about Aifman from Sumeragi's profile.
Nobody every doubt that - but that also counts as a connection - I was just responding to the fact that Laguna had some sort of connection with CB, whether he knows of it or not.

Quote:
I've read it enough to make my own opinion of it. I never said it wasn't credible. Tell me how "no second CB faction" doesn't fit the story so far ? The only factor that could prove it's wrong is Ribbons, who could be part of that eventual rogue CB faction. But I guess if there had been a major split among CB, wouldn't the protagonists have known about it ?
Orange Haro's reaction toward purple Haro is also suspicious. If it (purple) was originaly part of an antagonist CB faction, would have orange been so friendly with it ?
I think we were lead to think there was a second faction, while in fact it was Corner that was messing Aeolia's plan up for his own benefits.
A lot of what happen kind of depends on whether there was a second fraction:

1) Why would there be an abandon station just around? The "spoiler" explains it as the old CB plant, where they produce the GN Drives. During the "conflict", they moved everything away, and only thing left "should" just be the dead bodies of the other fraction, when in reality, it also has that purple Halo, which had records on the GN Drive Tau.
2) CB organization is designed to be the "lower" half don't know anything about the upper half - Tieria mentioned that a while ago. So why would letting them know about the previous conflict be worth anything to them, given that the other fraction wasn't any kind of factor (be known at least) until now.
3) This would suggest the Corner family was part or sympathize with that fraction, as judging from the hate coming from him, you would imagine there might be some deaths involved.

Quote:
All we know about the GN Drive Tau's conception is that it's missing an important piece (that could have been ignored by purpose to make it easier and faster to build). That's the only reason your "spoiler" fits in the story. That, and the fact that 80 years ago there was a wrecked station with dead scientists inside. I admit I can hardly explain that whithout the second faction theory. My only guess is that someone like Aeolia Schenberg who is ready to bring peace by such radical actions as armed interventions could be able to have his own scientists killed to keep the secrets of the GN Drive.
And just to make it clear - I didn't post the original spoiler - I just put my translation of it after it was already posted, since I came across it a bit ago. Ian already mentioned they were missing the TD Blanket (think they mention it in episode 16 or something like that)..

Quote:
I never said the rumors about how they invented the TD blanket was wrong. It's the second faction theory that I disagree with so far. And again, I could be totally wrong because we don't actually know about Ribbons. Maybe Corner himself was manipulated by that faction through Ribbons. Then it might become the major antagonist in season 2.
The only confusing part for me is how Ribbons came about - I assume he is probably one of the copies or the original living CPU - how can Corner be able to preserve that is a bigger question for me, since I doubt Schenberg would let that slide, given they are the "only" tool for direct access to Veda.

Quote:
What's wrong with that ?
Nothing, other than it fit the fraction splits, as Corner family might just be from that fraction.

Quote:
If you bother reading my post as well as p.168 rumors, it specifically says that the Trans Am system needs to be unlocked by a living CPU controlled by Veda. I never mentionned Ribbons.
My bad - thought you were talking about the 25/26 point spoiler posted a while back.

Quote:
Not trying to be funny, but assuming the body is frozen and living, and there might be some sort of "CPU" inside that casket, it certainly fit the description of a "living CPU"

Quote:
The spoiler never said they will emit the red particles - they just said they can be used to dramatically increase the speed and power of the Gundam.

Quote:
Because he feel that there might be traitors inside CB, so he felt such a "trump" card is needed - even Ribbons or Tieria don't know anything about them, and both have level 7 access to Veda. Remember, until he exposes it, no one inside CB even know it exist, let alone being used. His belief make sense - would you rather have a power hungry mad man bent on ruling the world with such a dangerous technology, or a bunch of pilots that were chosen with a particular trait/requirement that will be using something that can potential giving out bad stuff to the environment and human beings in it?
edf91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 22:58   Link #235
Cruel
Spiff'd Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy View Post
Hahah. I was totally thinking he looked like Kazuki from Dragonaut. Good obvservation!

But yeah, The Drei barely got damaged. It looks very usable for battle.
Cruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-11, 01:48   Link #236
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel View Post
Hahah. I was totally thinking he looked like Kazuki from Dragonaut. Good obvservation!

But yeah, The Drei barely got damaged. It looks very usable for battle.
Yup, the Drei is in much better shape than Dynames.

I am not buying the giant MA theory anymore because I don't think the technology in 00 is advanced enough for giant MAs. If the GN-Armor barely made it in time then I doubt that CB has another MA up in its sleeves.
JackRydden224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-11, 02:10   Link #237
Cruel
Spiff'd Member

Looks like Lockon is going to be up against Ali. From the preview he looks eager to shoot at him. I'm guessing possible revenge for his parents.
Cruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-11, 03:48   Link #238
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel View Post
Looks like Lockon is going to be up against Ali. From the preview he looks eager to shoot at him. I'm guessing possible revenge for his parents.
Lol Get in line kids. (Setsuna, Saji, Neena)
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-11, 15:58   Link #239
fruitcage
<3

I m sure you guys already seen how GN-ARMS should look like attached to a Gundam (#22 preview). But here is one with Exia on. From the background, it looks like maybe Exia goes into either full TRANS-AM mode or 1/2 TRANS-AM mode or his GN particles just turn red with its connected.

fruitcage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-11, 18:46   Link #240
rpgman1

How does Exia moved in that GN-Arms? Looks very much like the METEOR system from SEED and Destiny. Exia is a melee mobile suit, so I guess it could give power to the GN-Arms.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote