AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-04-06, 18:16   Link #1
ff7799
Banned

Send a message via AIM to ff7799 Send a message via MSN to ff7799
Forum Hoping( Does it ever get boring ?)

Hi guys, Todays topic is forum hopping, some would ask what forum hopping is well simple put it means to visit numerous forums frequently, I am a pretty big forum hopper, however at times it tends to get boring. Does anyone ever get bored of browsing the forums or is this just another thread for the mods to close.
ff7799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-06, 18:20   Link #2
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
this is the first forum i've ever posted in. It took me like three months to get the confidence to post in here. After that i posted in other forums but not as much as in this one.

EDIT:

OMG i've just noticed im a SENIOR MEMBER here!!!124 posts????when did i do that???
mantidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-06, 18:31   Link #3
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

I visit a grand total of three forums every day. I enjoy it quite a bit because I like to just talk to the people in all of them... well, except for this one. If I want to have chitchat in this forum, I have to either disguise it as a useful post or send a private message. I still really like being on AnimeSuki - it's nice to have discussions about anime.

I have a forum for all of my interests, basically. One for debates, one for anime, and one for hanging out with people who are about as serious as I am.
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-06, 18:38   Link #4
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

I only visit this forum and Something Awful. Most Internet forums are way too stupid and aggravating for me to post in (have you ever seen Go-Gaia? I'm speechless).
Old 2004-04-06, 18:44   Link #5
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Me's on 2 forums. I guess that's not enough to be considered forum hopping. But I imagine it would be hard to keep up with threads if I was on more than 2 active forums.

ff7799 I do hope, for your sake, they don't consider this a what type are you thread.
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-06, 18:47   Link #6
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

There are a number of other forums that I'm registered at, but I only go there for specific topics... and only occasionally. This is the only forum at which I could really be considered active.

BTW, ff7799, I am shocked to say that I won't be closing this thread. It just doesn't have what it takes to get closed.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-06, 18:47   Link #7
TDKNL
GIF genin

Send a message via MSN to TDKNL
I frequently (every day or 2) post on 6 different forums. So yeah I hop forums.

Only problem is that sometimes you have to post the same thing on all those forums (copy, paste ). And have to explain it like 10 times over.

But the positive thing about it is you meet all kinds of people.
TDKNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-06, 19:32   Link #8
ff7799
Banned

Send a message via AIM to ff7799 Send a message via MSN to ff7799
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
There are a number of other forums that I'm registered at, but I only go there for specific topics... and only occasionally. This is the only forum at which I could really be considered active.

BTW, ff7799, I am shocked to say that I won't be closing this thread. It just doesn't have what it takes to get closed.
I know it was a error but please reread your post.

Also If you look over some of my older threads some of them were pretty tame yet after growing into large debates they were closed, however you are somewhat right about this one, it doesn't have as much zest to gather that much interest or insight alot of negative response.

However you could always close it for old times sake.
ff7799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-06, 20:25   Link #9
SiL Eighty
Lateral G's

Send a message via AIM to SiL Eighty
Quote:
Originally Posted by ff7799
I know it was a error but please reread your post.

Also If you look over some of my older threads some of them were pretty tame yet after growing into large debates they were closed, however you are somewhat right about this one, it doesn't have as much zest to gather that much interest or insight alot of negative response.

However you could always close it for old times sake.
You're right this one is no where up to par w/ your other topics. Instead of being closed it will most likely just die. And Isnt that xris's job to close your threads?

Anyway I now visit 3 forums. Chibidusk's up and coming forums. This one. And for my shits and giggles Offtopic. I love Offtopic but i do not post there. Many of the ppl there are hypocrits but they are damn funny. Serious ppl dont go there. If you dont post picks of a hawt girl youre not shit there lol.
SiL Eighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-06, 20:59   Link #10
JubeiYamazaki

Send a message via AIM to JubeiYamazaki
I just visit SRKs' general discussion whenever I need a good laugh, but I just post on these forums.
JubeiYamazaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-06, 21:05   Link #11
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

This is the forum I'm the most active at. Before I came here I spent a lot of time in FFOnline forums, and I still do go back there occasionly. I don't like the 'forum atmosphere' there as much as I do here though. The third and final forum I'm active at is LinuxQuestions.org for learning more about Linux and solving problems.

There are other forums I'd like to find for my interests, which include:
- Art (I'll probably sign up to DeviantArt once I get time to draw again, unless I find a better forum)
- Music (a broad music forum covering domestic and foreign music, composing, etc.)

If anyone knows good forums for these two subjects let me know Also I just thought of something: does a dating forum exist for local people to meet each other and get together? I was just wondering, because I'm moving soon and I don't get out much so...
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-06, 22:17   Link #12
saku~ya
la~li~lo

I tend to 'forum hop' two places. Though I spend a huge amount of hopping here. I'm what you may want to call a lurker. I post when I want to and when I also have the time to do so. Besides this is the only anime type forum I visit that is at least civilized and not acting like a bunch of 2 year olds ~_~
saku~ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-06, 22:45   Link #13
Dopeskills
Thigh Master

Send a message via ICQ to Dopeskills Send a message via AIM to Dopeskills Send a message via MSN to Dopeskills
I used to be very active on car forums and stuff, but not so much anymore.

The only other forum I'm still on is offtopic.com because it's want one the few places where you are allowed to rant about any damn thing you want....
Dopeskills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-06, 22:56   Link #14
Don Eunuch
Lin Er

I love to lurk around forums and I don't post much here. I used to post a lot elsewhere but I got made readonly teehee.
Don Eunuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-06, 23:00   Link #15
SiL Eighty
Lateral G's

Send a message via AIM to SiL Eighty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopeskills
I used to be very active on car forums and stuff, but not so much anymore.

The only other forum I'm still on is offtopic.com because it's want one the few places where you are allowed to rant about any damn thing you want....
Ahah another one from offtopic. Man dont you just love the stuff they post in there? Its so damn random its ridiculous. Personally I like when they start making OWNED pics. Every now and than someone posts a pic of something and makes it a Photoshop Challenge to make up some stupid line thats Hillarious.
SiL Eighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-06, 23:25   Link #16
Dopeskills
Thigh Master

Send a message via ICQ to Dopeskills Send a message via AIM to Dopeskills Send a message via MSN to Dopeskills
yeah, I've got some great OWN3D pics...

My favorite is when someone does a picture request thread and will take a picture of themselves doing ANYTHING that you request. heh

OT rules
Dopeskills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-07, 04:14   Link #17
Shinobu_Maehara
eternal Shinobu lover

Send a message via ICQ to Shinobu_Maehara Send a message via AIM to Shinobu_Maehara Send a message via MSN to Shinobu_Maehara Send a message via Yahoo to Shinobu_Maehara
I'm not always hopping forums, I just browse aournd here and got no special duties here so why bother?

I have some moderator duties on several other forums, so hopping around once in a while is required
Shinobu_Maehara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-07, 06:50   Link #18
Tenkoy
That is a secret.

Send a message via AIM to Tenkoy Send a message via MSN to Tenkoy Send a message via Yahoo to Tenkoy
I browse a few forums, but I only post here and at my own forum. I used to post at a lot of forums, but I just didn't like how I seemed to do nothing but browse and post at other forums, so I cut it down.
Tenkoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-07, 07:39   Link #19
Biohazard
-kanashii~desu-

Send a message via ICQ to Biohazard Send a message via MSN to Biohazard
Well i'm not pretty active in BBSs or Forums lately, AS is the only one i'm browsing and posting in... *shrugs*, i sorta lost interest in the others ... so yeah, dunno, i don't tend to forum hop lately
Biohazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-07, 07:48   Link #20
Amy
Fantasy...

Send a message via MSN to Amy
Umm... I 'forum hop' 4 forums, and I post quite a lot at 2 of them. I don't really post too much here, I tend to just read stuff. ^^"

It does get boring sometimes, and I'm glad, cuz otherwise I'd never get my hw finished in time. XD

Also, I'm supposed to be studying now instead of forum hopping.

Bwaaa * opens her biology book * I think I should be able to manage forum hopping and studying at the same time.
Amy is offline   Reply With Quote