AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

View Poll Results: Would you be interested in a Shounen-ai forum?
Yes 42 60.87%
No 32 46.38%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2004-04-23, 20:38   Link #1
JAppi
Banned

Send a message via AIM to JAppi Send a message via MSN to JAppi Send a message via Yahoo to JAppi
How about a Shounen-ai forum?

I was wondering if it would be possible to create a Shounen-ai forum.

This would solve a few minor problems. Although they aren't *major* problems, they'd certainly make the forums alot more enjoyable for other people.

The yaoi forum would allow another perspective. It would allow for a safe place for stuff like that to be discussed.

- Cute pictures could be shared. Similar to the art thread with FMA fanart.

- Discussion relating to shounen-ai undertones in certain series ( I know they're not really *directly* there but to people who are open minded they can be quite obvious and can result in very interesting discussions.)

- I'm sure there are other things that people could talk about in such a forum. If anyone has any suggestions, feel free to add to this.
JAppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-23, 21:26   Link #2
Tzurial
in silent opposition

Send a message via AIM to Tzurial Send a message via MSN to Tzurial
A shounen ai forum would be fun! I give it my support!!

But.. now that I think about it, there could be some problems with it. The biggest one being that more than likely every conversation will turn smutty. Or at least Ive been together with shounen-ai/yaoi fans and thats basically where things end up. Then again..maybe it's just me that's incapable of having a civil conversation about it -_- I'm a bad person.

Plus, I'm not sure if there are enough boyxboy lovin' members of animesuki to generate a forums worth of discussion. Maybe a shounen ai forum is too big a step. I mean, Ive hardly noticed any discussion about it at all except for various posts.

Well, I guess this is the place, if any, to rally everyone together and see where our prurient fan base truly lies.
Tzurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-23, 22:08   Link #3
JAppi
Banned

Send a message via AIM to JAppi Send a message via MSN to JAppi Send a message via Yahoo to JAppi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzurial
But.. now that I think about it, there could be some problems with it. The biggest one being that more than likely every conversation will turn smutty. Or at least Ive been together with shounen-ai/yaoi fans and thats basically where things end up. Then again..maybe it's just me that's incapable of having a civil conversation about it -_- I'm a bad person.
Orginally I wrote down "Yaoi" but I figured due to the sexual connotation of that word it would not be as good as the word "shounen-ai" Which doesn't have the same sexual connotation. I suppose this forum would need a good mod to keep it civil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzurial
Well, I guess this is the place, if any, to rally everyone together and see where our prurient fan base truly lies.
This is more or less what this thread is for. ^_^ Kinda a rally point to see what kinda support we'd get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzurial
I'm not sure if there are enough boyxboy lovin' members of animesuki to generate a forums worth of discussion.
That's because they might be afraid to post. And they won't post unless there is a specific forum for it. But since no one posts we don't know if it's needed. So it's kinda a catch 22 ^_^
Old 2004-04-23, 22:20   Link #4
Patapi

I'd like to see one, It's be a nice place to discuss Shonen-ai anime, without worrying about flames
Patapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-23, 22:46   Link #5
Kaoru
Pirate Girl Nyuu

Send a message via Yahoo to Kaoru
I would most definately support a shounen-ai forum!
There are plenty of people who are fans of shounen-ai/yaoi anime/manga (like me!) and having our own little forum would be nice. ^_^
The only way I can ever discuss anything shounen-ai/yaoi related is through parody threads, because ppl never take you seriously in those.

Kaoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-23, 22:52   Link #6
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

Voted all checkboxes.
Old 2004-04-23, 22:59   Link #7
JAppi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashibaka
Voted all checkboxes.
n0s! You screwed up the percentages!
Old 2004-04-23, 23:04   Link #8
Secca
nya`
*Artist

can i get a sample what I gona see in a Shounen-ai forum? ^^
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-23, 23:16   Link #9
TronDD
Team the box!

I don't think it'd fit with the forum catagories we have now. You can talk about shounen-ai anime that is being fansubbed in the fansub forum, licenced in the licenced forum, and manga in the manga forum. Talk about general shounen-ai stuff in the general anime forum.

If they add a shounen-ai forum, then they should add a yuri forum, and a loli forum. Don't have to only stick with romantic/sexual catagories either so how about an action forum, and a drama forum, and on and on.

The forum catagories here are nice and broad and allow for pretty much any topic. Use them. :P
TronDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-24, 00:15   Link #10
Slade
Coordinated Insanity

Send a message via AIM to Slade
The question is...Would I be interested in a Shounen-ai forum?

The answer? No. Not really. But I'm not totally against it.

Although I see that it might become a excuse to post yaoi pictures which I'm not too found of... they can make it if they want, I think I'd keep out of it though.

I fear JAppi's forces are getting stronger each day... we must take the yaoi to Mount Shounen and destroy it before it destroys us ALL!!

Last edited by Slade; 2004-04-24 at 00:32.
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-24, 03:51   Link #11
Kensuke

I don't have anything against shounen-ai forum, since it may bring here more female members, even thought they like gays.

Seriously speaking I'm conserned that, like TronDD said, this may bring up a lot "I want <insert your anime-related obsession here> -forum!" threads, and aren't there a lot shounen-ai forums already in the net?
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-24, 14:07   Link #12
7thMethuselah

Personally I have no problems with this kinda forum. People who don't like it should just not read it. The question is are there enough members interested to make a seperate forum worth it. No use for a forum where only 5 ppl come and that has 4 threads ...
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-24, 15:02   Link #13
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashibaka
Voted all checkboxes.
I though about doing the same but though it would have been mean
Bah I should have checked them all anyway ^^
Old 2004-04-24, 15:17   Link #14
AkihaTohno
Head of the Tohno Family

Send a message via ICQ to AkihaTohno Send a message via AIM to AkihaTohno
I'm all for it, and i wouldn't mind at all.

But does it really fit in with the animesuki forums? I'm not sure. I agree with TronDD points.
AkihaTohno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 00:28   Link #15
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
I totally support it, but to make things equal there should be a shoujo-ai forum to please slade well, to please everyone who wants it

Quote:
That's because they might be afraid to post. And they won't post unless there is a specific forum for it. But since no one posts we don't know if it's needed. So it's kinda a catch 22 ^_^
That's true. Is a theme I have avoid because of the general impression I have got from the forums.

Last edited by mantidor; 2004-04-25 at 00:30. Reason: bad tags, sorry...
mantidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 02:18   Link #16
babbito2k
annoying white bat

As Jappi stated, a shounen-ai forum would solve what is only a minor problem. Whereas the forum itself needs to be moderated (possibly for content), doesn't necessarily justify itself in terms of demand and would be made up of threads which would not in themselves be out of place in existing forums. I think the minusses outweigh the plusses.

I have read shounen-ai manga and watched shounen-ai anime and will continue to do so. I am aware that anime and manga often contains hints of shounen-ai and that male characters in some show are same-sex oriented.

But I don't find the topic interesting in a different way than I find anime interesting. I don't have much interest in character fandom so I have a feeling that I would not get much mileage out of a shounen-ai forum.

The poll was a good idea and I am glad to see the questions were straightforward. My hope is that the shounen-ai discussions take their place in the existing forums and prosper.
babbito2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 08:29   Link #17
Thyrz
Laidback Luke

Nope, I'm sure there's other forums for that. I bet alot of people like this forum because it's 'clean'.
Old 2004-04-25, 09:31   Link #18
JAppi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by babbito2k
The poll was a good idea and I am glad to see the questions were straightforward. My hope is that the shounen-ai discussions take their place in the existing forums and prosper.
Yes, exactly. Right now there may not be a lot of discussion about Shounen-ai related subjects, but, I *urge* everyone to feel free to discuss it. Hopefully the discussion will begin to prosper ^_^
Old 2004-04-25, 11:09   Link #19
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

If it means having JAppi in the other forums less, then I'm all for it.
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 11:13   Link #20
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyjellyfish
If it means having JAppi in the other forums less, then I'm all for it.
Then shouldn't the poll be changed to read
Should we ban Jappi?
xris is offline   Reply With Quote