Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-02-02, 16:15   Link #501
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
I bougth Swain a couple days ago. Whow, if only I had done it earlier.
Rips through casters like they are nothing, have capabilities to be tank-ish with the right build.
The spells in combo rip through about anything, gank lvl garunteed at lvl 3.

I figured he would be like Fiddlesticks, a more close range caster that interupts or at least would be able to survive close combat quicker than any normal. Partly right but since Swain has no real interuptions he makes up for it by having awesome combo spell damage, root and not to forget the ultimate with some heal and aoe around you. I am seriously loving the guy right now, been playing him all week whenever I could.

Played against Karma, character is not too bad. Had an awful match with on our side a noob eve who couldn't even pull off the combo, a chow'gath that went afk in the middle till pre end.
I stood my ground but people were feeding etc. their Yi was well fed until he quit :/ not sure why. After that we started winning bit by bit, they had no real tank so that was nice.
The chow came back and we won eventually, but it was darn hard.
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 02:20   Link #502
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Yeah Swain's fun, he's my only pure burst caster right now. He CAN be used as an off-tank, easily wins a 1v2 if fed in the beginning. Rylai's adds even moar slow to decrepify, using DFG with torment increases its effect very nicely, if you get Will of ancients your ult will heal you even more, and by morphing you get 3 new jokes Unfortunately, you can't get very creative with Swain. With flash/ghost and ignite, you can get an easy root to unleash your combo, but that's pretty much it. I remember I had stopped using him as much when I lost to a Karthus who harassed the crap out of me, it was a total defeat.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 13:59   Link #503
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

First glimpse for the new champions abilities -not final- :

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/02/08/ex...ue-of-legends/

Maokai - Melee Support & Off-tank ! Yes , well he's not a "Tank" , but Off-tank are great too ^^ Woot his ulti :O

Jarvan IV - DPS - Damn his ulti mix Pantheon-Poppy seems awesome :O
"Demacian Goku" lol

Here if you want to save a replay : http://www.leaguereplays.com/ Made by fan . There are still some bugs but it's better than nothing ^^
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 14:29   Link #504
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Hmm, Jarvan sounds so OP, the servers will never be back online after his patch, because he will have impaled them with his spear after challenging them to a duel...
Also, his passive + HHS from friendly Panth = death to all.
Maokai sounds MUCH more balanced, a few traps (2~4) but the very first mobile traps, finally an MR ult (after reading Fiddles' guide, it came to my attention that very few champions get bonus MR per level) and a disable as well. Really liking the new champions, looks like Riot's getting better by the month.

A bit off-topic, I had the strangest 3v3 fight today: Vlad/Urgot/Udyr VS WW/LeBlanc/Morde, started off w/o FB but at laning phase they tried ganking me from behind, I ran into jungle, but then they found Udyr ->FB. Then, we spent the next 20 minutes inside the jungle, lookings for ganks, the lanes were totally empty :O Sick game was sick...
Old 2011-02-09, 15:16   Link #505
Spartanz1170

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post

Here if you want to save a replay : http://www.leaguereplays.com/ Made by fan . There are still some bugs but it's better than nothing ^^
Link isn't working could you find a new link?
Spartanz1170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 15:24   Link #506
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Damn doesn't work now wth.
Maybe on maintenance hmmm. Try it later.

Edit : I upload it on mediafire - http://www.mediafire.com/?waoq2fm91vu1w08

Kafriel - Yeah Maokai looks very interesting , anti-mage champ ! Hi Ryze

Edit 2 : So got my first record with a win 4v5 ^^ , for an amator replay this is good , well you can't speed up , slow up or switch champs etc... but still good if you want to rewatch an awesome match. Better than nothing. Riot promised us a "replay mode" but nothing so..

Last edited by -Sho-; 2011-02-09 at 15:47.
Old 2011-02-09, 15:56   Link #507
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Today live stream , Riot vs Bots. Who bet that they gonna lose
Old 2011-02-09, 16:12   Link #508
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Wasn't it at 2 pm? Also my money's on the bots.

EDIT: nvm found the right time. Currently watching a bot match where phreak got KSed by Soraka bot, lmao. Also building some weird 3x hextech gunblades and a WoA after a tiamat o_0

Also changed my mind, new bots still dunno how to b properly and feed like hell. EDIT 2: apparently the ones out atm are still the old ones. Phreak is rly cheap btw, ganking poor turret-tormented bots

Last edited by Kafriel; 2011-02-09 at 16:39.
Old 2011-02-09, 16:42   Link #509
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

23h for me ^^ I watched the early & mid game with Rammus AP lol. Powerball ftw ^^
Yeah those are the old ones.
Old 2011-02-09, 18:06   Link #510
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Cool team fights, but bots still bite too much lure and why do they focus creeps instead of turrets/champions? Also I think the Rioterz kinda wanted to lose, under no scenario can Brolaf lose to Soraka...in 1v1!!! Also note nobody did baron
Old 2011-02-09, 18:12   Link #511
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Well, the Riot vs Bot fight looked pretty fake, I mean there was hardly any team play from some of the Rioters. That said, the new bots look a hell of a lot more fun to fight against than the old ones.
Reading: None at the moment
tyranuus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 18:12   Link #512
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Yeah , i think they did it on purpose. This just show how much they improved BOT.
Well , they are more aggressive , they can gank , they can use Summons , but still dumb near the tower and more things.
Brolaf vs Soraka , y , facepalm !
Old 2011-02-10, 16:59   Link #513
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

A New Champion Approaches: Maokai, the Twisted Treant

Abilities:

Arcane Smash: Maokai slams the ground, the force of which knocks nearby enemies back and sends an arcane shockwave forward damaging and slowing his enemies.

Twisted Advance: Maokai dissolves into a cloud of arcane energies. He regrows near a target enemy, dealing damage and rooting it in place.

Sapling Toss: Maokai hurls a sapling, dealing damage on impact. The sapling becomes implanted in the ground warding a nearby area. When enemies approach, the sapling attacks, exploding in an arcane blast that damages enemies.

Vengeful Maelstrom (Ultimate): Maokai shields his allies by drawing power from hostile spells and attacks, reducing non-tower damage done to allied champions in the area. Maokai can prolong the effect as long as he has mana to spend on it. When the effect ends, Maokai unleashes the absorbed energy to deal damage to enemies within the vortex.

Sap Magic (Passive): Each time a champion near Maokai casts a spell, he gains a charge of Magical Sap. When he has 5 charges, his next melee attack drains energy from his target, healing Maokai for a percentage of his maximum HP.

Melee Support - Off-tank

So , my guess , AP/Tank stuff like Singed-Gragas.
Nice abilities. Mix Alistar-Teemo- Galio . OP ?
So finally his ulti doesn't add MR.

I'm interested on how many saplings he cans implant.
Teemo can map control. See Teemo + Maokai combo :O
Old 2011-02-12, 15:21   Link #514
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Summoners!

We’re taking a short break from the regularly scheduled Patch Preview video series, but we will definitely be resuming the series with some improvements in the near future! Still, we wanted to give you a preview of what the upcoming patch will bring to League of Legends. It’s important to note that this preview doesn’t reflect all of the changes coming with this update, but it does address the larger items.

Survivability and Items

For this patch, we’re taking a look at survivability items that provide a ton of cooldown reduction. Due to the higher base damages of bruiser-style characters, this combination of CDR and damage mitigation was particularly powerful. We ultimately found that many items had excessively inexpensive CDR. With this in mind, we took a swipe at Spirit Visage, Frozen Heart, Glacial Shroud and Soul Shroud to bring these values more in line. This isn’t the only change to tanky DPS that we have in mind, and you can expect more comprehensive adjustments for a future patch.

Champions Changes

Vladimir remains a problematic champion who -- while not explicitly overpowered -- nullifies a lot of meaningful interactions between players and tends to snowball more heavily than others due to the gold value multiplier of his passive. We reduced this value, along with making Sanguine Pool a little less of a “get-out-of-gank-free” card, while retaining its anti-focus-fire mechanic. This included some long-awaited bug-fixes to Sanguine Pool, which should affect his pre-level 6 tower diving.

Also, while we’d done some smaller nerfs to Rammus over the last couple patches, we decided to hit the speed on powerball by 15% in order to make his chase/CC combination a little bit less of a sure thing. We’ll be keeping an eye on this change over the course of the patch, and evaluating it to see if this has the intended impact.

Anivia’s lane harass was proving too easy to pull off for too high of a reward. To address this, we increased the mana cost of pulsing (quickly activating and deactivating) Glacial Storm and lessening the slow duration. This will reward leaving it down longer a little more, but make her R-to-E lane harassment less of a free-be.

Ryze: A Legend Reborn

Finally, we took time to give Ryze a needed overhaul, updating his design to make his gameplay more unique.

Ryze has always had a ton of burst damage potential, along with a repeatable, single-target. However even with a very powerful ultimate and a substantial amount of AoE damage he wasn’t reliable enough as a champion. Players didn’t have an incentive to select Ryze when alternatives such as Annie have a stronger upfront burst.

With Ryze we decided to attempt a new type of champion design: a ranged, caster-carry. We worked to turn him into a champion that dished out sustained DPS and has a powercurve similar to a standard ranged physical carry. In essence, Ryze would become the Ashe of magic.

In order to achieve this, we started by dropping the base damage of Ryze’s spells across the board. To compensate, we added scaling along a stat that increases with each level (in this case mana), since champions don’t gain ability power with level. Next, we reduced his cooldowns significantly, turning him into a sort of spell machine gun. Finally, we increased the range on his abilities in order to give him better options for kiting strategy.

Ultimately, we wanted to create a character that would thrill those players looking for a high skill-cap champion with an active, fast-paced play style.

See you next time!
New patch preview. I never used Frozen Heart/Soul Shroud, but I have to agree with the forums that I never see these taken by tanky DPS or tanks. Frozen Heart doesn't give HP and Soul Shroud doesn't give DEF/MR, so...

The Ryze changes look really interesting though. I've always wondered why they never did that, and I was excited when I saw Cass. A second one like that should be interesting.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-12, 16:44   Link #515
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I don't get it, they say they will turn Ryze into a ranged caster carry. What was he before, a support mage or a tank? :P Imo the one thing they could do to make Ryze a high-tier champ is to give him more survivability in exchange for his ridiculous burst damage, without bringing him down too much.
Quote:
Frozen Heart doesn't give HP
Singed thinks otherwise
Old 2011-02-13, 11:16   Link #516
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
I don't get it, they say they will turn Ryze into a ranged caster carry. What was he before, a support mage or a tank? :P Imo the one thing they could do to make Ryze a high-tier champ is to give him more survivability in exchange for his ridiculous burst damage, without bringing him down too much.

Singed thinks otherwise
Lol, forgot about Singed.
They mean:
Quote:
We worked to turn him into a champion that dished out sustained DPS
They're basically taking away his ridiculous burst damage in return for spammable high-scaling moves.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-15, 09:28   Link #517
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

So Karma is on the free weeks.
Tested her. I found her quite useful for a support.
Her shield is great to protect mate , of course not better than Janna's shield + Buff Atk & Target Turret with a 0,9 Ratio & better cooldown (Karma's shield = 0,8 ) but it's still good. You can mix with Mantra but i don't use it , 2 Mantras until cooldown , in a TF , use them properly , so my prio is Heavenly Wave for Heal , 2x times if Spirit bond isn't needed , or with.
Fun to play & useful support i'll say.
But against a Janna , Sona , Soraka , Taric , she's weaker.

Maokai soon !
Old 2011-02-15, 11:08   Link #518
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Heavenly wave is seriously underestimated. With a good lot of AP (~500) and a mantra shot, you can give your entire team 20% (5+15) health back! Shame she only got two charges though, and with heavy cd too...apparently her strongest skill is spirit bond, but it is VERY hard to use in only 5 seconds, aside from chasing or running away...breaks on stealth too, yet another shame. Can't get practical with her, on one hand you need to be to the sides in order to dualcast properly, but otoh if you're not in the back, you die like a squishy lemon.
Quote:
Maokai soon !
Sooooooon...can't wait for corrupted saplings!

P.S: Was waiting ~10mins in champ select after lock in, anyone else having problems? Also had some amazing freeze lag that totally killed my Galio teamwork (still managed a 5/9/24 despite our defeat).
Old 2011-02-16, 07:06   Link #519
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Maokai Spotlight :

Spoiler for Release Nots v1.0.0.111:

Maokai seems cool to play , not bad , not OP. The saplings are cute
I thought he was bigger on size , oh well.
Take clarity for a longer ulti maybe.

XP & IP Changes . Good idea , well i do more 25-40 mn game than 1hour.
New Bots ! Gonna test them , hope i won't fail like Riot

Amumu buff , nice.
Anivia nerf , nice.
Rammus nerf again..
Sivir Boomerang blade nerf , nice.

Ryze Biggest nerf ever , rofl his ulti & abilities's CD. He's no more powerfull which is good but he seems really powerless now. Riot try to balance him. Have to test him.

So much Items's CD decreased & new item , like Deathfire grasp with +15 ability & 2 regen mana but without passive. Hmmm.

Surrender Time 20mn !!!
Old 2011-02-16, 12:54   Link #520
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Fixed a bug where Undying Rage could not be used while suppressed
Trynda shouldn't be able to cast undying rage when suppressed, it's one of my pro techniques!
Quote:
New Item: Morello's Evil Tome
Builds out of Fiendish Codex and Blasting Wand (Total Cost of 2350)
+75 ability power
+12 mana regeneration per 5
UNIQUE passive: 15% cooldown reduction
I think DFG kicks its ass for a mere ~200 extra g...
Quote:
Added a new UI to better convey Shields on the health bar.
Surrender time on Summoner's Rift reduced to 20 minutes from 25
Surrender time on Twisted Treeline reduced to 15 minutes from 17
Smite now deals true damage instead of magic damage
Awesome
Maokai's a pure off-tank, not too sold on his ult since it's a zone effect, but the rest of his spells seem pretty decent.

Tags
league of legends, lol