AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-11-16, 12:54   Link #23121
Appel

sweet^^ sounds good, cant wait to get it!

i also just found a solution for my glow in the dark problem. i got a natural light lightbulb, 5 minutes of light and its already lighting up like a christmas tree!^^
but JEEZ! that bulb is BRIGHT! :O they dont call them "natural light bulb" for nothing!
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-16, 15:28   Link #23122
GameraBaenre

Pictures, videos, etc take from this past week at the first southern california gundam model competition: http://gamerabaenre.com/?p=2280
GameraBaenre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-16, 15:58   Link #23123
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameraBaenre View Post
Pictures, videos, etc take from this past week at the first southern california gundam model competition: http://gamerabaenre.com/?p=2280
those are some sweet photos!^^
but man, germany sucks when it comes to gunpla! we got NOTHING here XP all we have here is one forum and that has been deserted for months :P
im gonna call this country a DGZ now. a de-gundamized zone.
Old 2011-11-16, 22:03   Link #23124
Derringer
Bluefin Distribution
*Scanlator

All righty, winners for each US semi finals are up

Clickky clicky

The U.S. representative will be announced this weekend.
Derringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-17, 00:16   Link #23125
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derringer View Post
All righty, winners for each US semi finals are up

Clickky clicky

The U.S. representative will be announced this weekend.
Quote:
Great gunplas.

@GameraBaenre - Any details on the custom Gaplant (scratch built metal thrusters)?
Old 2011-11-17, 00:30   Link #23126
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Some really nice models there but why is that I'm most interested in this
I demand to know everything about it!
Yea not even favs like the Sinanju or Hi-Nu can comapre!
Old 2011-11-17, 04:10   Link #23127
GameraBaenre

Quote:
Originally Posted by casval cehack View Post
Great gunplas.

@GameraBaenre - Any details on the custom Gaplant (scratch built metal thrusters)?
The gaplant was built by a friend of mine over the course of 5 years (in that time, he now has 2 daughters, his doctorate degree in mechanical engineering, and a host of other things) But he's a damn good builder. The only info I have on the gaplant is here: http://orx005.blogspot.com/ Actually, it's been sitting in my workshop for the past year or so as he's been working on it off and on at my place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun
Some really nice models there but why is that I'm most interested in this
I demand to know everything about it!
Yea not even favs like the Sinanju or Hi-Nu can comapre!
Now the resin figure kit there is built by this fellow: http://godgundam.com/2011/03/raira-ria-soreru-progress/ named Raira Ria Soreru
GameraBaenre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-17, 12:42   Link #23128
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

just finished building my MG 1/100 ReZel, the beam sabres are .. well >_> too small.

they are smaller than the HGUC's
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-17, 14:22   Link #23129
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
just finished building my MG 1/100 ReZel, the beam sabres are .. well >_> too small.

they are smaller than the HGUC's
well, yeah... the beam saber handles of the ReZEL really are laughably small XD
but what do you think about it in general? personally i really love it! it looks awesome, was a fun build and articulation is great, too. only the ankles are pretty weak.
Old 2011-11-17, 15:38   Link #23130
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
well, yeah... the beam saber handles of the ReZEL really are laughably small XD
but what do you think about it in general? personally i really love it! it looks awesome, was a fun build and articulation is great, too. only the ankles are pretty weak.
i like the kit, looks great, just finished panel lining it, doesnt really need .. panel lining to begin with, imo.

the transformation part is a bit annoying, the binders on the back have troubles going all the way down for me, other than that it's a nice kit though, grips weapons all right, looks great both in MS and MA mode.

and yeah, the Beam sabres are .. too small, think im going to use my leftover sabers from my first 1/100 force impulse and just repaint them, maybe shorten them just a tad bit aswell.

it's a really simple and nice transformable kit tbh.

Pros: Easy to build, cheap, looks great with little to no panel lining, weapons are solid, shield fits nice, MA mode is solid

Cons: small sabres, it's a tad bit loose (mainly the shoulder joints) and the crotch part where the legs connect is way too firm imo, i have to use my cutter to open the parts connecting the legs to the crotch without breaking them.

Transforming it can be a tad bit tricky.

Overall i'd give this kit 7/10
Old 2011-11-17, 15:55   Link #23131
Appel

Quote:
i like the kit, looks great, just finished panel lining it, doesnt really need .. panel lining to begin with, imo.

the transformation part is a bit annoying, the binders on the back have troubles going all the way down for me, other than that it's a nice kit though, grips weapons all right, looks great both in MS and MA mode.

and yeah, the Beam sabres are .. too small, think im going to use my leftover sabers from my first 1/100 force impulse and just repaint them, maybe shorten them just a tad bit aswell.

it's a really simple and nice transformable kit tbh.

Pros: Easy to build, cheap, looks great with little to no panel lining, weapons are solid, shield fits nice, MA mode is solid

Cons: small sabres, it's a tad bit loose (mainly the shoulder joints) and the crotch part where the legs connect is way too firm imo, i have to use my cutter to open the parts connecting the legs to the crotch without breaking them.

Transforming it can be a tad bit tricky.

Overall i'd give this kit 7/10
for a grunt suit its definitely a VERY awesome model^^ they could have easily gotten away with a simpler model for this.
also, i havent transformed my ReZEL even once so far. mainly because i think its waverider mode is freaking ugly XD it always looks like a box with wings and boosters to me :P
Old 2011-11-17, 16:15   Link #23132
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
for a grunt suit its definitely a VERY awesome model^^ they could have easily gotten away with a simpler model for this.
also, i havent transformed my ReZEL even once so far. mainly because i think its waverider mode is freaking ugly XD it always looks like a box with wings and boosters to me :P
oh, you have the commander type? i only bought the regular one since it was a big sale at HLJ, how is the commander type backpack?
Old 2011-11-17, 16:27   Link #23133
Appel

Quote:
oh, you have the commander type? i only bought the regular one since it was a big sale at HLJ, how is the commander type backpack?
no, i have the regular version. what made you think i have the command version? :O
im usually only interested in those units that are actually piloted by the heroes or important pilots of the show. which is why the ReZEL is pissing me off a little, too... in the OVA riddhe is using a regular ReZEL with the mega launcher attatched to it. but the MG standard ReZEL only comes with the rifle and you need to buy the command unit to get the mega launcher XP and i dont even know whether you can attatch that weapon to the standard ReZEL...
Old 2011-11-17, 16:32   Link #23134
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
no, i have the regular version. what made you think i have the command version? :O
im usually only interested in those units that are actually piloted by the heroes or important pilots of the show. which is why the ReZEL is pissing me off a little, too... in the OVA riddhe is using a regular ReZEL with the mega launcher attatched to it. but the MG standard ReZEL only comes with the rifle and you need to buy the command unit to get the mega launcher XP and i dont even know whether you can attatch that weapon to the standard ReZEL...
oh, the part about the " box with wings "

the regular one doesnt even have wings (: that's why i assumed you bought the commander version
Old 2011-11-17, 16:54   Link #23135
Appel

Quote:
oh, the part about the " box with wings "

the regular one doesnt even have wings (: that's why i assumed you bought the commander version
ah yes you are right, it doesnt have wings^^ sorry, my bad!
but still, i wish they would have given us the mega launcher for the standard ReZEL as well. but i dunno, i guess thats a little too much to ask for :P
Old 2011-11-17, 16:56   Link #23136
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
ah yes you are right, it doesnt have wings^^ sorry, my bad!
but still, i wish they would have given us the mega launcher for the standard ReZEL as well. but i dunno, i guess thats a little too much to ask for :P
mega launcher ont he regular one would look pretty .. wierd.

i dont think the regular version can use the mega launcher at all tbh, the backpacks are too different
Old 2011-11-17, 17:10   Link #23137
Appel

Quote:
mega launcher ont he regular one would look pretty .. wierd.

i dont think the regular version can use the mega launcher at all tbh, the backpacks are too different
yeah, probably. riddhe did use the mega beam launcher in episode 2 though, so it would have been kinda cool to have that as well^^

but it would be REALLY awesome if they gave us the ReZEL defenser units A and B!

Defenser Unit A (commander norm's unit):

Defenser Unit B (riddhe's unit):

with those special backpacks i actually like the wave rider modes, too^^
Old 2011-11-17, 19:01   Link #23138
Araxiel

Spoiler for Look Ma! Chrome hands!:

Spoiler for Very very bad French beware:
Old 2011-11-17, 19:59   Link #23139
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
yeah, probably. riddhe did use the mega beam launcher in episode 2 though, so it would have been kinda cool to have that as well^^

but it would be REALLY awesome if they gave us the ReZEL defenser units A and B!

with those special backpacks i actually like the wave rider modes, too^^
Dear god no D: those kits would be horrible, it would be impossible for either the A or B type to stand up in either MA or MS mode :x they are too armed.
Old 2011-11-17, 23:04   Link #23140
casval cehack

Quote:
The gaplant was built by a friend of mine over the course of 5 years (in that time, he now has 2 daughters, his doctorate degree in mechanical engineering, and a host of other things) But he's a damn good builder. The only info I have on the gaplant is here: http://orx005.blogspot.com/ Actually, it's been sitting in my workshop for the past year or so as he's been working on it off and on at my place.

Now the resin figure kit there is built by this fellow: http://godgundam.com/2011/03/raira-ria-soreru-progress/ named Raira Ria Soreru
Thanks, a damn good builder indeed. Nice FSS inspired modifications.

The Raira Ria Soreru figure could be a great base for a Gundam Girl Deathscythe custom.

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy