AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-19, 13:10   Link #101
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

If you're looking for statstics, sure...but It's not going to have very honest final results.
Old 2008-12-19, 13:52   Link #102
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Hmmmm. You will take us through the steps so we are not lost like we were early on last year?

Also we'll see if you will have any new entries from Super Best Moe tomorrow morning.
Old 2008-12-19, 14:55   Link #103
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Hmmmm. You will take us through the steps so we are not lost like we were early on last year?

Also we'll see if you will have any new entries from Super Best Moe tomorrow morning.
Unn... the only remaining posibility is Shiku? And her match is against Konata, Shana and Nagi. Don't think we will have anyone from KSBM then.
Old 2008-12-19, 15:10   Link #104
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Shinku can win. All she needs is to have all the fangirl support and she will leave Konata, Shana and Nagi in the dust. I think her and Shinku will split fangirls votes, resulting in Konata to win, though.

...But that's how Shinku defeated Fate and Kagami - I don't see why the same can't happen this match.
Old 2008-12-20, 11:17   Link #105
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
It is official, folks. The preliminary rounds will feature the nominees battling out for 27 open positions...
Old 2008-12-20, 11:26   Link #106
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

I could see this coming as soon as SBM announced they had male contestants
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Old 2008-12-20, 12:46   Link #107
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

There was always a chance. And at times it was very, very close.
Old 2008-12-20, 21:11   Link #108
LazyCanuck
I do nothing all the time

SBM failed anyway

I wouldn't want any extra people from that contest anyway ~_~

well nominations should be interesting lol
Old 2008-12-20, 22:27   Link #109
Bathory Area
Jigoku Shoujo

I thought Horo won Best Moe was not fail anyway.
Old 2008-12-21, 02:17   Link #110
LazyCanuck
I do nothing all the time

Yeah korean best moe was fine, since i like Horo alot, i was talking about Super best moe, with all the guys and jokes characters added in i knew right away it was gonna be one big failed experiment, so i'm kinda glad no one from that tournament made it to ISML
Old 2008-12-21, 04:48   Link #111
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyCanuck View Post
Yeah korean best moe was fine, since i like Horo alot, i was talking about Super best moe, with all the guys and jokes characters added in i knew right away it was gonna be one big failed experiment, so i'm kinda glad no one from that tournament made it to ISML
Well, at least we now have proof of what happens when groups of fangirls starts to push for their favorite male characters in Moe tournament. The real problem in SBM was that while male voters are from widely different backgrounds and anime tastes, most of females came from about 4 major anime fan group within Korea, thus NOT representative of the views of female anime fans in general. If we had as diverse a female voter composition as the male voters, I suspect that the results will be very different. Still, I think we have to accept the fact that human females tends to find anime male character moe.
Old 2008-12-21, 10:49   Link #112
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
Well, at least we now have proof of what happens when groups of fangirls starts to push for their favorite male characters in Moe tournament. The real problem in SBM was that while male voters are from widely different backgrounds and anime tastes, most of females came from about 4 major anime fan group within Korea, thus NOT representative of the views of female anime fans in general. If we had as diverse a female voter composition as the male voters, I suspect that the results will be very different. Still, I think we have to accept the fact that human females tends to find anime male character moe.
Well, that's part of it, but the main reason why I do not allow male characters in this tournament is because of the way they strike moé on certain people. What makes males moé in Korea's opinion can be completely different from how females strike moé. For example, a girl can find Lelouch very moé, but her definition is coolness and charm and so forth, which can be a stark contrast to how Hinagiku would strike. That's why I wouldn't dare put males and females into the same competition.

Of course, with the theme chosen possibly the permanent theme we will use for ISML, we can't allow males into the tournament. Why would Lelouch or Kyon want a tiara anyway?
Old 2008-12-21, 11:23   Link #113
Cytrus
Unchangingly Hopeless

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
Why would Lelouch or Kyon want a tiara anyway?
Kyon wouldn't.

Lelouch would for whatever power comes attached.
Old 2008-12-21, 13:40   Link #114
Eater of All
NOM

Super Best Moe is just Korea's own little fun. I'm willing to bet that 50%+ people outside of Korea already stopped caring after Best Moe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cytrus View Post
Lelouch would for whatever power comes attached.

It had to be done
Old 2008-12-21, 13:45   Link #115
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
This holds little value when fangirls would mass vote for every single character(Regardless how minor - Belphagor? lol) from their supported series. They where not supporting the character, they where supporting the series itself. Some males received no support at all, and they typically all where from non-fangirl supported series. The fact they supported some females as well, is proof enough, because the only females(Kagura, Chrome, C.C., Yuki and Kyonko, etc...) they supported where from the series who fangirls favor.
Old 2008-12-21, 21:29   Link #116
Ash Falls Town

The biggest problem with a male moe tournament isn't that males can't be moe. (At the very least traps can be moe when you think they are girls.) The problem is popularity.
For female characters there usually is a high correlation between moe and popular. I.e Females who aren't moe usually aren't as popular as their moe counterparts. (Also no one cares about moe characters from unpopular series.)

In the case of male characters however there isn't a correlation between being moe and being popular. Like a uke is more likely to be moe than a seme but a fangirl is just as likely to prefer the seme. Not to mention there are far less male moe traits. (Shota boys is really the only male only trait, plus traits moe for girls are rarer on boys and less likely to be moe.) Also in quite a few cases moe traits on boys can make them less popular. The most popular characters for girls usually end up being the stupid annoying jerks.

tl;dr version. Moe girls are more popular than non-moe girls. Moe boys aren't as popular as non-moe boys.
Old 2008-12-22, 04:24   Link #117
cicido
I'm so moe I kill myself
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash Falls Town View Post
The biggest problem with a male moe tournament isn't that males can't be moe. (At the very least traps can be moe when you think they are girls.) The problem is popularity.
For female characters there usually is a high correlation between moe and popular. I.e Females who aren't moe usually aren't as popular as their moe counterparts. (Also no one cares about moe characters from unpopular series.)

In the case of male characters however there isn't a correlation between being moe and being popular. Like a uke is more likely to be moe than a seme but a fangirl is just as likely to prefer the seme. Not to mention there are far less male moe traits. (Shota boys is really the only male only trait, plus traits moe for girls are rarer on boys and less likely to be moe.) Also in quite a few cases moe traits on boys can make them less popular. The most popular characters for girls usually end up being the stupid annoying jerks.

tl;dr version. Moe girls are more popular than non-moe girls. Moe boys aren't as popular as non-moe boys.

The thing is that, it's already hard enough to give a definitive definition of "moe" for the female alone, when applied to male, it becomes even harder. One could argue that a seme can be potentially just as moe as the uke because they can be moe in other ways like having a tsundere attitude etc. Also, I'm under the impression that girls prefers the shota/ nice guys, at least, that's my preference
Old 2008-12-22, 04:53   Link #118
kyon.haruhi.suzumiya

Quote:
Originally Posted by cicido View Post
The thing is that, it's already hard enough to give a definitive definition of "moe" for the female alone, when applied to male, it becomes even harder. One could argue that a seme can be potentially just as moe as the uke because they can be moe in other ways like having a tsundere attitude etc. Also, I'm under the impression that girls prefers the shota/ nice guys, at least, that's my preference
^^ It's really hard to define what counts as moe in a usual situation, more so when it comes to SBM. I take it as the one with most fangirl base. You can go see the voting patterns in the SBM.

And the girls tend to prefer either shotas or those that are easily genderbent. Like Lulu/Luluko.
Old 2008-12-22, 08:26   Link #119
uis

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyon.haruhi.suzumiya View Post
^^ It's really hard to define what counts as moe in a usual situation, more so when it comes to SBM. I take it as the one with most fangirl base. You can go see the voting patterns in the SBM.

And the girls tend to prefer either shotas or those that are easily genderbent. Like Lulu/Luluko.
No Luluko... i die... Anyway if u see Sunohara girl more cute than Kyonko lol...
Anyway i like your signature... *He... He... He...*

-It is okay if you are weak. I will grab your hand and realize your dream-
Old 2008-12-22, 09:19   Link #120
kyon.haruhi.suzumiya

Quote:
Originally Posted by uis View Post
No Luluko... i die... Anyway if u see Sunohara girl more cute than Kyonko lol...
Anyway i like your signature... *He... He... He...*
^^ Sunohara girl = Mei, right? Yep, "onii-chann!!" for the win.
And the sig, well, I wonder if you or anyone else knows what it's really referring to, it's not Haruhi for sure.
Closed Thread

Tags
international, saimoe