AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2009-02-14, 08:55   Link #1
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Chrome Shelled Regios [Light Novel]

Welcome to the discussion thread for the light novel of Chrome Shelled Regios by Shūsuke Amagi, with illustrations by Miyuu.

First published 18th March 2006 in Dragon Magazine.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-14, 11:21   Link #2
SageGaiGar
You are Next

Might as well ask, any translations of this out and about?
SageGaiGar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-14, 18:55   Link #3
meh

I don't believe so in English. Although if you can read Chinese, there is a Chinese translation until book 6.

Link to Chinese version: http://book.sky-fire.com/Novel/4045/MainIndex.html
Link to Chinese forum: http://www.lightnovel.cn/forumdisplay.php?fid=148
meh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-17, 02:32   Link #4
Redlar

I'm proud of my people for being such industrious pirates translators Even when a series isn't famous yet, they pick it up! There'll probably be a project page on Baka-Tsuki soon enough though, since most of the other major Light Novel translations are there already.
Redlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-19, 04:27   Link #5
warg

Project Petition page for a translation of Chrome Shelled Regios! Someone posted this to the Baka-Tsuki project proposal page, with a poll and is looking for translator!
warg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-19, 07:08   Link #6
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by warg View Post
Project Petition page for a translation of Chrome Shelled Regios! Someone posted this to the Baka-Tsuki project proposal page, with a poll and is looking for translator!
I bet Redlar was the "culprit" on starting the thread XD considering that I've seen Redlar's avatar in Baka-Tsuki. Uh, wait, EDIT: It's not Redlar? OMG I'm sorry >.<

Well, way before the Regios thread was opened I started off with the anime thread.

If only, if only reading Kanji is like reading English for me... then I would have started right away no matter how long I will take. Just don't expect for me to be a speedy quality translator even at my best capability.

Or maybe someone with Chinese knowledge can work on the Chinese-translated counterparts.

Last edited by Master Assassin; 2009-02-19 at 19:30.
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-19, 19:13   Link #7
Kokoru Asami
*Graphic Designer

i must agree i hope they scanlate these novels! i really like the show and the manga.
Old 2009-02-19, 19:31   Link #8
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokoru Asami View Post
i must agree i hope they scanlate these novels! i really like the show and the manga.
Raws are already available, though. But I can't tell further because I guess I'm not supposed to.

The only thing that matters right now is whether anyone is willing to take on 'em or not.

EDIT - As I browse the forums, I painstakingly tried to read through the Chinese translations using Google Translate, in which the sentences appear somewhat silly and almost makes no sense to me, but is enough for me to get it.

Last edited by Master Assassin; 2009-02-20 at 11:47.
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-22, 11:38   Link #9
Kokoru Asami
*Graphic Designer

well the thing is if i new chinese i would have read them but sadly i dont i guess ill just have to wait till someday someone out their realeases a scalated version in english.
Old 2009-04-25, 02:19   Link #10
Nepsis

I didn't see this in any other thread so I thought I should tell you that Baka-Tsuki translation project started translating this so far the prologue and chapters 1 &2 are translated already. Available here: http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...Shelled_Regios
Nepsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-30, 15:32   Link #11
Kokoru Asami
*Graphic Designer

Yea i saw that baka-tsuki recently picked up the light novels.....VERY excited. From what i've read their is so much more detail in the novels than in the manga, also they are also pretty fast. LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!
Old 2009-04-30, 19:50   Link #12
seiji_kun

Glad to see baka-tsuki picked it up. Well kind of was expecting it since this series is just so bad ass that this was the only logical outcome.
Old 2009-05-01, 03:32   Link #13
giorno

uhm, you know, baka-tsuki didn't pick up anything, it's not exactly a translation group, it's a wiki...the guy who's translating it i believe is actually a member of this board, so thank him...
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-03, 01:04   Link #14
blewin

thanks giorno and everyone reading CSR, as well as baka-tsuki for hosting the project.

the novels do give more details on a lot of things, in particular, the characters' inner worlds. I used to find Nina annoying in the anime, but she's redeemed herself in the novels.

as a treat, just uploaded chapter 3.

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-03, 06:25   Link #15
azarhal

Thank you blewin.

I really enjoy your translation.
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-03, 08:43   Link #16
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Actually it seems that the Light Novels has three times better shown character relations and better development than the anime. It's exepted...I hope the next chapter out soon...perhaps patience a good thing
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-03, 12:19   Link #17
satomianzaki

thanks so much blewin...
satomianzaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-04, 05:40   Link #18
blewin

thanks for reading, guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
Actually it seems that the Light Novels has three times better shown character relations and better development than the anime. It's exepted...I hope the next chapter out soon...perhaps patience a good thing
absolutely, and especially Layfon. He's more the reflective and thinking type than talking type like Mifi. His "thinking moments" explain a lot of his actions that aren't explained in the anime. He's strong.... yeah, but he's doing a lot of learning about himself and about his relationship to the people around him. That's the enjoyment of reading the novels..

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-04, 07:56   Link #19
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

thanks alot blewin for the translations I really do enjoy all your effort.
Old 2009-05-08, 08:53   Link #20
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
LN Layfon much more different! Chapter 4 of the first volume translated.
Spoiler for ch4:

Thanks for Blewin for giving a chance for us who hardly understands japanese(even less it's symbols) to actually read the Light Novels.
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, shounen