AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-08-01, 19:08   Link #4601
Shadrala
Level 5 Railgun Stalker

I want her to shoot electricity from her eyes :3 (Her left eye is already spitting sparks, so why not?)

Old 2013-08-01, 19:09   Link #4602
Gray Servant

Well, alot of Touma's plot armor is handwaved as him having precog and always being able to find the perfect method to survive (kind of like Archer's Mind of the Eye in Fate/stay).

But as for Misaka, I don't think she'll have simply an increase in output, i'm hoping for her to get more exotic abilities (an increase in output wouldn't really help her anyways unless it got to insane Angel levels). Currently she doesn't really have any hax that lets her compete with all the hax top tiers, so she could certainly use some.
Old 2013-08-01, 19:26   Link #4603
Pyromania

Just superhuman durability would allow her to compete with Saints pretty handedly, since she would no longer be limited in her magnetic-movement and could keep up with some of the fastest in the series.
Old 2013-08-01, 19:32   Link #4604
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Though, there are some times, in an occasion, Touma had to step-in to fix things up if the situation really gone out of hand that Mikoto herself couldn't handle all of it alone. Look up Sisters arc.

By looking at the end of chapter 60, it looks like Touma would intervene, again. For that, it's almost inevitable to keep him as some passing-by side character. I don't get it why you would be sorely disappointed to see Touma involve. I know Railgun is Mikoto's story, while Index is Touma's story. But since Mikoto plays even more roles in Index recently, why not let Touma do the same in Railgun?

After all, both Touma & Mikoto are the MCs of the To Aru series.

Last edited by Xero8420; 2013-08-01 at 19:49.
Old 2013-08-01, 19:50   Link #4605
Darkmousy0198

I wouldnt mind if Touma appeared and had an important role in 1 out 3 arcs for example but i dont want him to have some major role all the time. Also right now it looks like he is the only one who can do something about "awakened" Mikoto. When a side character ends up beign the one to save the day in 2 arcs in a row it doesnt look good.

Of course we dont know how it ends so its all just a speculation, I am just saying how it looks like so far.
Old 2013-08-01, 20:13   Link #4606
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
But since Mikoto plays even more roles in Index recently, why not let Touma do the same in Railgun?
Because this is not a 300 page book where she barely has 30 pages, but a 20page monthly manga, where his "punch-dat-face" fight can drag for 100 pages easily.

Anyway, as for the powers I would like to see:
1. - Turn to lightning- similar to that that move Negi Springfield had in manga.
2. - Turn off part of Earth's electromagnetic shield to fry everyone underneath.
3. - Summon creatures / weapons made out of lighning.
4. - Be able to apply electromagnetism to things not made out of metal.
5. - Ball lighning
6. - Much wider lighning that can fry a whole building (they exists for example on Jupiter, they can have about 3 more zeros in the voltage)
7. - Other attacks from electromagnetic spectrum
Old 2013-08-01, 20:23   Link #4607
Pyromania

My objection to Touma saving the day is more a matter of narrative failure than anything.

Introducing a character who has had no involvement in the story thus far (and hence no true emotional attachment to the situation) to solve all the problems is just messy/ugly. Gensei's sudden appearance made a degree of sense because we knew SOMEONE was pulling MEMBER's strings in awkward ways. Touma coming to save the day just doesn't fit with the story that's already told. It is akin to deus ex machina.

I'd like to see conflict between the actors involved in this. More Mitori calling out Mikoto for being aloof to the suffering she KNOWS is going on in Academy City's darkness. More involvement from Misaki and her feelings towards Mikoto and her clone Dolly (?). And so on and so forth.

I don't want to see "I'll BREAK THAT ILLUSION!" That is a fun thing to happen, but this story is too well told to be ruined by the forceful insertion of Touma into events.
Old 2013-08-01, 20:32   Link #4608
Reality_Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
He is gonna save the day, look charming in front misaka and sisters, and misaka become tsundere in front accek too, and then that happen again in ln NT hawaii arc where two of them so tsundere.
and then later there will be more accel x misaka flag and unexpected pairing!

"forgive me for that incident in the last, i wont let you and the sisters hurt again! i will atone my sins and protect you with my life!"
"i-its not like im forgiving you or anything! ba-baka!"
Hamazura you must be smoking some good shit to have this kind of delusions, if that exchange in NT3 looked like tsundere they were being tsundere you it must be the good kind That won't ever happen, now Touma stealing ITEM from Hamazura (except Mugino who Accel will have dibs on) that could happen if Hamazura doesn't watch his back.
Old 2013-08-01, 20:39   Link #4609
Gray Servant

I don't think Touma could take on Misaka at the moment anyways. He managed to beat down Accel in Russia, but at that point Touma was starting to do some pretty awesome stuff with his precog. This early on, I doubt Touma can do it. He might end up trying to talk her down though.
Old 2013-08-01, 20:40   Link #4610
Reality_Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
Though, there are some times, in an occasion, Touma had to step-in to fix things up if the situation really gone out of hand that Mikoto herself couldn't handle all of it alone. Look up Sisters arc.

By looking at the end of chapter 60, it looks like Touma would intervene, again. For that, it's almost inevitable to keep him as some passing-by side character. I don't get it why you would be sorely disappointed to see Touma involve. I know Railgun is Mikoto's story, while Index is Touma's story. But since Mikoto plays even more roles in Index recently, why not let Touma do the same in Railgun?

After all, both Touma & Mikoto are the MCs of the To Aru series.
I agree with this and not just because i'm a Kamikoto fan, since both Touma and Mikoto are MC's, and protagonists, Accel and Hamazura are only protagonists... Hamazura is debatable because he runs on luck and that runs out eventually, he might end up using what he has left trying to save Takitsubo from the Kihara's (which we all know is going to happen eventually), after that Mugino or Kakine might get the protagonist title, heck maybe both will, while Hamazura gets the butler or lackey title back, Holy crap now I feel like playing some Disgaea for some reason.
Old 2013-08-01, 20:47   Link #4611
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Servant View Post
I don't think Touma could take on Misaka at the moment anyways. He managed to beat down Accel in Russia, but at that point Touma was starting to do some pretty awesome stuff with his precog. This early on, I doubt Touma can do it. He might end up trying to talk her down though.

misaki's there though
Old 2013-08-01, 21:00   Link #4612
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
Because this is not a 300 page book where she barely has 30 pages, but a 20page monthly manga, where his "punch-dat-face" fight can drag for 100 pages easily.
But so far they haven't, lol. So no they can't.

The same can be said about the Railgun if that applies. But it doesn't.
Old 2013-08-01, 21:04   Link #4613
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyromania View Post
My objection to Touma saving the day is more a matter of narrative failure than anything.

Introducing a character who has had no involvement in the story thus far (and hence no true emotional attachment to the situation) to solve all the problems is just messy/ugly. Gensei's sudden appearance made a degree of sense because we knew SOMEONE was pulling MEMBER's strings in awkward ways. Touma coming to save the day just doesn't fit with the story that's already told. It is akin to deus ex machina.

I'd like to see conflict between the actors involved in this. More Mitori calling out Mikoto for being aloof to the suffering she KNOWS is going on in Academy City's darkness. More involvement from Misaki and her feelings towards Mikoto and her clone Dolly (?). And so on and so forth.

I don't want to see "I'll BREAK THAT ILLUSION!" That is a fun thing to happen, but this story is too well told to be ruined by the forceful insertion of Touma into events.
What if this arc would be Sisters arc all over again? Cause the scenario would likely be similar with Sisters arc. I mean, Sisters arc was just as well-told as this one too. So it could be a deja vu. Instead of "I'll break that screwed up illusion of yours" 'punch-dat-face' towards Mikoto, perhaps Touma would reconsider to talk her down, just like before.

How nice of Touma. He made an exception for Mikoto from his 'punch-dat-face' list.

Anyway, it's just a speculation. Who knows what Kamachi might bring up a surprise to us. I hope we're aren't too sore of it.
Old 2013-08-01, 21:11   Link #4614
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:

It wouldn't really be forceful with the way he's come about to it. If at all he ends up doing anything, it was by his choice after he heard the gist of it to head to Mikoto. In a similar way for the Sisters arc. If it's done well, it shouldn't matter and that's if at all.

Also, his intervention in one thing does not equal that he has saved the day. There are multiple things happening. Recovering Mikoto is one of them.

Last edited by ACertainStark; 2013-08-01 at 21:30.
Old 2013-08-01, 21:28   Link #4615
lazydoggamer
Lazy and I know it

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
Seems a bit unfair to me to say Touma shouldn't get more screen time in Railgun when Mikoto is getting more in Index, especially if you consider we don't know his role yet. Though I have to agree putting Touma in would make this arc go even slower.
Old 2013-08-01, 21:41   Link #4616
Ihaxlikenoob
Nine Lives Blade Works

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazydoggamer View Post
Seems a bit unfair to me to say Touma shouldn't get more screen time in Railgun when Mikoto is getting more in Index, especially if you consider we don't know his role yet. Though I have to agree putting Touma in would make this arc go even slower.
Kamijou: Talk talk talk! Preach preach preach!

Though I have to say, I'm hoping Kamachi keeps Touma's involvement respectable here; not too much nor too little, just hoping he gets the happy medium here.
Old 2013-08-01, 21:43   Link #4617
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihaxlikenoob View Post
Kamijou: Talk talk talk! Preach preach preach!

Though I have to say, I'm hoping Kamachi keeps Touma's involvement respectable here; not too much nor too little, just hoping he gets the happy medium here.
That would be best. Something moderate that leaves a nice taste and builds their relationship.
Old 2013-08-01, 21:45   Link #4618
Pyromania

Too be honest, considering the Railgun Manga only, Touma's involvement in the sister's arc wasn't a very good narrative. We can see that it makes sense in total because we know there are lots of other media showing Touma's involvement in this arc.

I don't want Touma to save the day. I want the characters who have had a big role in this arc thus far to come to the conclusion of the story. Misaka, Misaki, Mitori. These three seem to have the biggest personal stake in this and I want whatever conclusion happens to revolve around them and resolve their motivations. That would be good storytelling and something I expect from the Railgun Manga.

Also, Mi-superiority.
Old 2013-08-01, 21:50   Link #4619
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Too be honest, considering the Railgun Manga only, Touma's involvement in the sister's arc wasn't a very good narrative.

That would be good storytelling
That's debatable.
Old 2013-08-01, 22:05   Link #4620
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Too be honest, considering the Railgun Manga only, Touma's involvement in the sister's arc wasn't a very good narrative. We can see that it makes sense in total because we know there are lots of other media showing Touma's involvement in this arc.

I don't want Touma to save the day. I want the characters who have had a big role in this arc thus far to come to the conclusion of the story. Misaka, Misaki, Mitori. These three seem to have the biggest personal stake in this and I want whatever conclusion happens to revolve around them and resolve their motivations. That would be good storytelling and something I expect from the Railgun Manga.

Also, Mi-superiority.
Believe me. I won't be a generic hero's 'save the day' this time unless if things is getting unbearable. And so, he tries to talk her down don't count as 'save the day' depends on how the story goes.

About not trying to get Touma involved in this arc, it's already a little too late, unfortunately. Sorry... Considering the fact that Railgun's Daihaiseisai intersects with Index's as well, just like Sisters arc. So there's no way Touma be as some 'passing-by' side character at some point when a certain arc in Raildex intersects each other. So yeah, you would expect things will likely to go hairy in this arc, as this arc covers up from two different perspectives in Raildex series.
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, shounen