AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Log Horizon

Notices

Old 2013-10-26, 12:31   Link #281
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
The anime gave Serara the honour of getting back at her tormentor while lowering the brutality of the scene. In the novel, Demicus was already dead after the Nyanta-Shiroe combo but his corpse was still around. Though he himself doubted its effectiveness, Shiroe beheaded the dead man to serve as an object lesson.
NHK PG-13!
Novel 18+

Yeah... I don't think they'd ever animate that. Especially after the nice boat incident. So the anime added game theory and added a sequence for the Akatsuki to introduce character skills and skill cool-down to people who don't play games. In some ways its smart since you wouldn't need to take up time to explain skill by skill although a anime guide book seems like the most logical choice for them to release after Log Horizon is over .
Old 2013-10-26, 13:03   Link #282
Avento
Lone Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkz
Yeah... I don't think they'd ever animate that. Especially after the nice boat incident. So the anime added game theory and added a sequence for the Akatsuki to introduce character skills and skill cool-down to people who don't play games. In some ways its smart since you wouldn't need to take up time to explain skill by skill although a anime guide book seems like the most logical choice for them to release after Log Horizon is over .
there's a guidebook for anime? what kind of anime need a guide book?

Avento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-26, 13:12   Link #283
Breimoon

they are usually put in BD , kinda like danganronpa explained all the executions
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-26, 13:42   Link #284
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Will demiclass show up in the future? In the manga he down't to talk much because he died then and there from the combo.

Rondark was knifed by shiroe before they left. Its more like a reminder or warning in the manga. He gutted the guy in front of the guild.

You can add anyone I. The friend list without the other person accepting the request?
Yeah, Demidemi shows up again, but... rather humorously disgraced.

Rondark the mage, on the other hand, will likely become a more prominent antagonist,
Spoiler:
Old 2013-10-26, 13:54   Link #285
Quol
That Guy

About thorn bind hostage, could shiroe use it and then use electric fuzz or another damaging move to activate them or is it other-people-hit only?
Quol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-26, 13:57   Link #286
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkz View Post
NHK PG-13!
Novel 18+

Ehhh, my bad. I got the wrong person

Please refer to aohige's post in the anime thread =3:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
In the novel, Demikaus didn't survive the combo.
All 10 thorns were activated, and we didn't have Serara finish him off.

Changing topics, BTW, censorship issue for the episode:

In the novel Akatsuki does not finish off the mage, she holds him hostage for a bit.
After Demikaus dies, and Shiroe's party are leaving on the gryphon, Shiroe finishes off the mage by slitting his throat with a knife.

I guess that was just too much for NHK.

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-26, 13:58   Link #287
tsunade666

Quote:
Yeah, Demidemi shows up again, but... rather humorously disgraced.

Rondark the mage, on the other hand, will likely become a more prominent antagonist,
Spoiler:
Minami? south city? draconian? there are dragon race?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quol View Post
About thorn bind hostage, could shiroe use it and then use electric fuzz or another damaging move to activate them or is it other-people-hit only?
By the description of the spell. You'll need someone to attack it. Useless for solo.
Old 2013-10-26, 14:08   Link #288
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:

By the description of the spell. You'll need someone to attack it. Useless for solo.
No draconian as in severe look it up in the dictionary. Think Ministry of Magic from Harry Potter.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-26, 14:09   Link #289
Drkz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avento View Post
there's a guidebook for anime? what kind of anime need a guide book?
Yeah, The first thing I found.
http://www.hlj.com/product/KDK10026
Guide books are petty popular. They're usually used to go into the details the anime can't get into it because of production cost or time constraints.
Old 2013-10-26, 14:09   Link #290
Xacual

Quote:
dra·co·ni·an
drəˈkōnēən,drā-/
adjective

(of laws or their application) excessively harsh and severe.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-26, 14:12   Link #291
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Draconian society is a authoritarian, oppressive form of government.

Minami means south, but it's actually in the west where Osaka is.
In real life, Minami is a downtown area full of commerce. Osaka's shopping town.

Susukino is a red-light district, infamous for prostitution btw.
I guess it goes with Brigandia's female slave trading theme.
Old 2013-10-26, 14:15   Link #292
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quol View Post
Hmmm, the novel does mention that it works with physical attacks from the Enchanter's party members. So even though that Serara KOing Demidemi part wasn't in the novel, it did in a way stay true to its settings =3

On Thorn Bind Hostage, it does work fine as additional damage dealt by party members (it might even be a useful spell to help newbies kill monsters that are slightly out-of-their-league) or a method to bypass the Kannagi's protective barriers. But then again, the requirements for using it as an attack is a hassle and with classes like the Sorcerer capable of dealing more damage than it does with normal attacks, it's not hard to see why T.B.H is not highly-thought of among players.

Quote:
Draconian society is a authoritarian, oppressive form of government.

Minami means south, but it's actually in the west where Osaka is.
In real life, Minami is a downtown area full of commerce. Osaka's shopping town.

Susukino is a red-light district, infamous for prostitution btw.
I guess it goes with Brigandia's female slave trading theme.
I wonder how Marielle, being an Osaka native, will feel about Minami becoming an enemy camp

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-26, 14:27   Link #293
Drkz

Seems like going to the next town is the equivalent to suicide if you aren't a high leveled player with decent gear and friends. Whoever designed this system is pretty draconian themselves!
Old 2013-10-26, 14:57   Link #294
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

No, more like, whoever designed Elder Tale had no idea it will one day turn into a real world.
That's why things "that couldn't happen when it was just a game" is not addressed.
Old 2013-10-26, 17:04   Link #295
Drkz

Quote:
No, more like, whoever designed Elder Tale had no idea it will one day turn into a real world.
That's why things "that couldn't happen when it was just a game" is not addressed.
Log Horizon is actually Zegapain in disguise!
Old 2013-10-26, 22:17   Link #296
teja208
Critical fanboy

I have a question. I wonder if it was covered in the novel. What would Shiroe do to escape if the person who saved Serara isn't Nyanta? Plot hole?
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-26, 22:20   Link #297
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
I have a question. I wonder if it was covered in the novel. What would Shiroe do to escape if the person who saved Serara isn't Nyanta? Plot hole?
Why does it have to be a plot hole just because it was a different scenario? I'm sure Shiroe could have come up with another plan. Hell I'm sure he had a plan just in case the 1v1 didn't happen.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-26, 22:32   Link #298
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

The better question should be, why is that demi-something not affected by Naotsugu's Anchor Howl. In the novel, it's mentioned that Anchor Howl affect everyone that can hear's Naotsugu's Anchor Howl's shout, so it's kinda strange that Demi-something is not affected by it.
Old 2013-10-26, 22:40   Link #299
Drkz

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
The better question should be, why is that demi-something not affected by Naotsugu's Anchor Howl. In the novel, it's mentioned that Anchor Howl affect everyone that can hear's Naotsugu's Anchor Howl's shout, so it's kinda strange that Demi-something is not affected by it.
Either he wasn't in range or even if he was affected by it I'm pretty sure Naotsugu was busy fending off his goons. He wouldn't of had time to attack the monk guy anyway. Plus the plan was to demoralize the group.
Old 2013-10-26, 22:48   Link #300
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

That's not the problem though. Anchor Howl, being an area provoke skill should provoke anyone in the area near Naotsugu casting it, whether regardless of Naotsugu's intention. The novel clearly stated that this area being the area where the enemy can still hear Naotsugu's shout. I know that not provoking this demi-something guy is part of the plan, but this guy clearly should be close enough to Naotsugu's position to be able to hear his shout(no reason for him to be so far from his guild member), yet he's not affected by the skill, why is that?

Tags
alternate reality, database, economics, political theory, spoilers