AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2009-10-08, 20:09   Link #16621
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
I should do another RG!Nanoha short sometime...

So horribly tempted...

*shot*
Old 2009-10-08, 20:09   Link #16622
GlancingReverse

I was kind of hoping for an explanation of what it was in the first place, actually.
GlancingReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 20:10   Link #16623
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlancingReverse View Post
I was kind of hoping for an explanation of what it was in the first place, actually.
Oh, well then. I'd explain, but Satashi could explain it far better than I ever could.
Old 2009-10-08, 20:26   Link #16624
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Without internets at home, I've been somewhat... absent... as of late.
I feel your pain. My internet's going to be pear-shaped until the 16th of Oct, and I'm using my cellphone as a modem for now...

Quote:
As soon as the To Aru Kagaku no Railgun anime aired, I knew this was coming. You're so predictable. ^^;
Half correct. I was thinking about this since Index, but there were several contradictions that messed with the idea. I was ambivalent with the universe in general, and I still am a little. Ultimately, I was only after Misaka. Also, at that time, I was obsessed with getting my purple gear in WoW, so all fic ideas got mothballed.

You were correct in that A Scientific Railgun was what gave me both an impetus and a point of entry into the Railgun no Sekai. The event that draws down the false background in a certain photo shop if you will. Also, since that time, I've developed a certain OC better fit for a closer association with Misaka-tachi in Academy City, thus why I was able to start her on the chessboard with a better game plan.

Well what can I say? Ever since I was dropped into Nanoha World, I have caused the various Worlds to fuse. It's very obvious by now.

Quote:
There have been stranger crossover ideas kicked around in here, like my eventual Gundam 00 crossover with Hayate piloting Reinforce Gundam.
Funny. I never found that strange.

Though a pretty weird crossover fusion world from me would be:
Spoiler for FOR YOUR LULZ ONLY:
...maybe I was trying too hard to be ridiculous.

Quote:
Oh good lord. *rolleyes*

Entertaining nonetheless.
Probably one of the few times the magic and science halves overlap. Thanks, I hope my bad English wasn't too much a bother.

Quote:
The funny part is that Index/Railgun ESP is more magical than most magic, since it requires the esper to dissociate themselves from "reality."
See why it drew me in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinekochan View Post
"Just a passing through magical girl. Remember that!"
/facepalm

This is all your fault, Hei...

Quote:
You're gonna get taken home! =O
You're doing it wrong! Put more yandere into that OMOCHIKAERI!!!
Old 2009-10-08, 21:11   Link #16625
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Ladies and gentlemen, I'm not dead yet!

... Though I might be. Soon. But anyway.

I present to you "Sisters", chapter 2.

Spoiler for Sisters chapter 2:

Spoiler for Author's Notes:

Now if you don't mind, I need to repair the large dent in my desk that's shaped like my forehead. Enjoy.

EDIT: And... linkages, because I forgot about them totally the first time!

I gotta dig up the links for "Plea" and "Reply", I have them saved on Word but don't have the links. >>;;

Chapter 1: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=15172

Last edited by RadiantBeam; 2009-10-09 at 22:12. Reason: Links!
RadiantBeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 21:19   Link #16626
GlancingReverse

You get a desk? Lucky. The only desk that I would be able to type on and not be watched by others is already taken by another computer that's too heavy to be taken off and has so many problems with it it can't go 10 minutes without freezing.

That's why I like the floor.
Old 2009-10-08, 21:28   Link #16627
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
Quote:
Landscaper!Fate was a story written by Junkedcat. It was one of two fics I have ever favorited on FF.N . Its plot was an alternate universe where the girls do not have magic. Fate is not only a landscaper, she is.....
THE LAWN QUEEN!

Fate works for Chrono's landscaping service and is a real tomboy/ girl who knows what she wants. She isn't shy about her desires and speaks before speaking a lot of the time. One of her jobs leads her to Nanoha's house.

Now, Nanoha isn't the girl we know and love. Instead, she's an even awesome-er girl we love! Taken from Triangle Heart storyline and the first part of season 1 where Nanoha feels "left out" and "not part of" her family, this Nanoha is super super SUPER shy, is not confident at all (since she never received magic or encouragement). Anyway, Nanoha's family is very rich and Nanoha is sheltered beyond beleif. So much so, that when she sees Fate doing landscaping services, she is so intrigued that she goes out to meet her.

Upon meeting Fate, who is annoyed at the heat, she asks why Fate - a girl - is doing manual labor. Fate snaps at her and claims that not everyone is handed things on a silver platter, and some of them have to work for a living. Nanoha is so upset about upsetting the blonde, and scared to death because she was yelled at, she runs to her room to cry.

A little bit later, Nanoha is so upset with herself being so shy and stuff, she sneaks out of her house to walk down the street in front of where she lives. Upon sneaking out again to see the world she's sheltered from, she runs into Fate at a gas station. The two exchange words and Fate realizes that "the princess" snuck out.

A quirky/odd friendship is formed and Fate escourts Nanoha around a bit, eventually leading to Fate's apartment. The ever so clueless Nanoha is semi-seduced but Fate stops before it goes too far.

Add in a few more visits to Nanoha's house for her job, Fate comes to want to befriend Nanoha and, eventually, become girlfriends. Nanoha is super intrigued by the world she never knew and Fate is very activly flirting with the clueless princess she met.

The fic has many more plot developments: Nanoha's back story, A deep development of Fate, making everyone really connect with Nanoha and her shyness, and lots of fan service/jokes/pickup lines that Nanoha completely missed.

I loved the story so much, I asked JC if I could have his permission to write a spin off of it, focusing on Nanoha since he followed Fate 90% of the time. He agreed and I started writing "Richgirl!Nanoha". I started my fic when his started and they ran parallel to each other. JC helped me along the way and after I posted one aprt (I think it was chapter 3) I mentioned something that would mix up a part in his fic. I went back, fixed it, and then he and I worked really close together to write both the fics that started actually almost depending on the reader to read both fics to completly get everything from the fic. His was from Fate's view and mine was from Princess's (Nanoha's)

I loved writing Richgirl!Nanoha a lot (I still think its my fave fic I've ever written) but despite always mentioning "This story is based off Landscaper!Fate" in my story, some people didn't understand the story was a spin off and after I got a comment saying that someone didn't know what Landscaper!Fate was, I deleted Richgirl!Nanoha from FF.N and wrote an apology note in my Satashi Night Live story for suddenly removing it. I didn't want people to think the story idea was mine, and even after JC told me he really enjoyed RG!N, I still felt his was way better anyway so now RG!N is an AnimeSuki exclusive fic.

Spoiler for Richgirl!Nanoha chapter 1:

Last edited by Satashi; 2009-10-08 at 21:45.
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 21:33   Link #16628
GlancingReverse

*Checks for short version*

None. Guess I'd better start reading that overly long summary you just gave.
Old 2009-10-08, 21:41   Link #16629
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Quote:
*Checks for short version*

None. Guess I'd better start reading that overly long summary you just gave.
Sorry, I tend to rant about things I like :3
Old 2009-10-08, 21:51   Link #16630
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
Which is why satashi's so quiet most of the time, she hates most everything.
TheShinySword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 21:55   Link #16631
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinySword View Post
Which is why satashi's so quiet most of the time, she hates most everything.
*pets Shiny* don't go filling people's heads with weird ideas now, Shiny-honey

I generally don't read fics so I don't comment on them. When I do, my reviews are like 15 paragraphs long and take almost an hour to write >.<
Old 2009-10-08, 21:58   Link #16632
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Ladies and gentlemen, I'm not dead yet!

... Though I might be. Soon. But anyway.

I present to you "Sisters", chapter 2.

Spoiler for Sisters chapter 2:

Spoiler for Author's Notes:

Now if you don't mind, I need to repair the large dent in my desk that's shaped like my forehead. Enjoy.
Poor desk. *Puts a padded pillow around RB's head* That will protect you, desk.

As for the chapter itself... I liked it. I really do. Is that Fate/Hayate I smell on the horizon? XD Awesome!

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 22:16   Link #16633
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
Quote:
*pets Shiny* don't go filling people's heads with weird ideas now, Shiny-honey

I generally don't read fics so I don't comment on them. When I do, my reviews are like 15 paragraphs long and take almost an hour to write >.<
:3 I'm just trying to add to your mystique.
TheShinySword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 22:19   Link #16634
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

See, told ya that Satashi could explain LS!Fate/RG!Nanoha far better than I ever could.

... and since its an ASuki exclusive, that means I'll have to hunt for the rest of the chapters in this thread. Dammit.
Old 2009-10-08, 22:21   Link #16635
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
See, told ya that Satashi could explain LS!Fate/RG!Nanoha far better than I ever could.

... and since its an ASuki exclusive, that means I'll have to hunt for the rest of the chapters in this thread. Dammit.
RG!N isn't posted here, just the update links to FF.N (which don't work anymore)I could post them though if you want, I think they're short enough.

for L!F, you'll have to search for them. If you do, save the links for me too XDDDD
Old 2009-10-08, 22:26   Link #16636
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
RG!N isn't posted here, just the update links to FF.N (which don't work anymore)I could post them though if you want, I think they're short enough.

for L!F, you'll have to search for them. If you do, save the links for me too XDDDD
Well, its good you clarified that, as I don't like giving myself headaches for no reason. =X But yeah, it'd be great if you posted them here. I really enjoyed the RG!Nanoha short I read in your collection on FF.net, but I wasn't aware there were more of them.

EDIT: Oh jesus. Searching Junkedcat's posts on this thread resulted in over 150 hits. @__@ *goes to get his Excedrin*
Old 2009-10-08, 22:32   Link #16637
SulliMike23
Soldier of Nod

Send a message via AIM to SulliMike23 Send a message via MSN to SulliMike23 Send a message via Yahoo to SulliMike23
Seriously Satashi, other than here and ff.net, where do you post your stories?
SulliMike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 22:41   Link #16638
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Well, I've seen Satashi's stuff on Mediaminer.org (where the lemon version of RadiantBeam's and my "Heart to Heart" story is, BTW) and on ShoujoAi. I think that's the website, can't remember, lots of Yuri stuff there.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 22:43   Link #16639
GlancingReverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Well, its good you clarified that, as I don't like giving myself headaches for no reason. =X But yeah, it'd be great if you posted them here. I really enjoyed the RG!Nanoha short I read in your collection on FF.net, but I wasn't aware there were more of them.

EDIT: Oh jesus. Searching Junkedcat's posts on this thread resulted in over 150 hits. @__@ *goes to get his Excedrin*
Or you know, you could take the easy way out and just do a bit of fancy wordplay on google for it. I actually managed to find one.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=2019
Old 2009-10-08, 22:46   Link #16640
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Or you know, you could take the easy way out and just do a bit of fancy wordplay on google for it. I actually managed to find one.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=2019
Ah, well, that looks like the second chapter. To be honest, though, Google and I don't have a healthy relationship so I don't do it for much searching.

Well, Satashi, here's something to start with!

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha