AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-01-07, 10:09   Link #16061
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
It's just a life sentence all but in name with the possibility of getting reductions for good behavior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Nobody can, it's a technicality. The total sum of all his crimes equals to 300 years, that's what's going to be written officially.

Sort of like the 'double life sentence', it's redundant but that's what they would put on paper.

So the sentence can be reduced unlike life sentence huh? Roberto said he'd reduce the sentence if Trident cooperate. He's's letting them off easy.

On a whole, nice chapter. But I wonder what happens now that Touma won.
Old 2012-01-07, 10:14   Link #16062
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
On a whole, nice chapter. But I wonder what happens now that Touma won.
he'll get trolled by bardway pretty hard
Old 2012-01-07, 10:26   Link #16063
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
So the sentence can be reduced unlike life sentence huh? Roberto said he'd reduce the sentence if Trident cooperate. He's's letting them off easy.
Well, most of the time life sentences are done without parole, meaning they have no way of every getting out (short of some new evidence that completely turns over the sentence). Even if there is the option of parole, there is no guarantee of it being given. When you consider this, getting a 100-something sentence has the higher possibility of at least getting out "earlier", before you end your life in prison.
Old 2012-01-07, 10:55   Link #16064
desrtsku
Nympholept

yeah, but still ... reducing a 300 years sentence to 10-ish years, through pure hard work and good behavior in prison, requires a faithful engagement and will power that most common mortal cannot fulfill under an average 80 year life expectancy ... unless they suddenly save the world or something like that
Old 2012-01-07, 11:32   Link #16065
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
You're not the only one, I had to read twice the last part of the fight and still couldn't figure out some stuff, like what he did with the cell, did he text Kuroyoru?, that was just bogus... Also, Saronia took waaaaay to long to deliver the finishing blow, or so it seemed to me... and how the hell can Touma drag himself with just the strength of the fingers? without the upper arm and shoulder it's irrelevant if he can move the forearm and elbow, not to mention uprooting the plant before Saronia could realize what he was doing... it's just unrealistic... maybe he does have the strength of a Grizzly in his right hand.

Oh well, I guess this is enough for the rant... I'll just have to swallow it.
I think it depends on where he fell after his Kuroyoru assisted attack. For texting Kuroyoru, all he had to do was something to indicate that he needed help. The actual contents over the text wouldn't matter much.
The lack over description of the terrain makes it hard to get a clear picture of the battlefield.
I'm content with how the fight ended though.
Old 2012-01-07, 12:29   Link #16066
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

lol it just seemed like Touma payed no attention to her story and was too busy thinking about her magic.

But then Touma used that IB and started laying the smackdown. Looks like her Pizza didn't make it in time, but she did get a taste of defeat
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Old 2012-01-07, 16:32   Link #16067
Twi

To be fair, while she had a point, she crossed waaaay to many lines to be sympathetic. For starters, her rage should be pointed towards the ones who started the war and screwed them over in the first place. Russia started the war and lost, all because they took the advice of someone the they thought would lead them to victory and to fulfill their own personal desires and wound up screwing them all over. The civilians are the only ones who deserve pity.
Old 2012-01-07, 16:49   Link #16068
desrtsku
Nympholept

There there ... Twi-san, whatever she did she didn't deserve to be beaten up so much that the author himself didn't describe what happened

BTW what happened to Mark?
Old 2012-01-07, 19:08   Link #16069
Miraluka
Banned

I don't give a damn about Saronia, she deserved it, I agree with Twi on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
BTW what happened to Mark?
He fought a Gremlin magician and later joined Birdway.

Prologue has started its translations.... the Reliable Birdway.
Quote:
“The American Bar Association has just held a press release. In accordance with the inheritance wishes of Olay Blueshake, who is known as America’s media queen, the management of her group has transferred all of her assets and economic foundation to her only daughter, Lindy Blueshake.”
Owned!

Last edited by Miraluka; 2012-01-07 at 19:25.
Old 2012-01-07, 19:49   Link #16070
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Translations now at 37% of the epilouge

I knew Birdway was gunna turn out to be a bad guy but I did not see this potential civil war coming at all
Old 2012-01-07, 20:13   Link #16071
Breidaluk

But is not all the cooperative institutions right? That means Academic City could already predicted this would happen and changed the location of all misakas to cooperative institutions who didn't change sides.
Old 2012-01-07, 20:18   Link #16072
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

I hope Touma will learn from that. I'm really tired about him being manipulated all the time already. And I really despite Birdway. You know that the organization founded to research for the way to stand above people couldn't possibly be on the good side anyway. I think it's about time Touma use Kamijou Faction to kick their sorry ass now. All leaders of each factions aren't good people anyway (good ones like the RCC pope is just a puppet with no power, the Orthodox one is just a small normal child and then we have a vixen like Laura for Anglican, Aleister for AC and Birdway for Dawn-something). My opinion is to punch both sides if they fight so no one will benefit from Touma's intervention anymore.
Old 2012-01-07, 20:21   Link #16073
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
He had just been shown what his actions to save someone looked like from a different angle.
Meh, I'm sure Touma never has tought how much was affected RCC and the UK by his actions, now that its AC the one he gets affected he starts to think about it =___=;.

If Touma wasn't the MC I would call hipocrecy on him.

Still I think AC (Aleister) saw this coming and has some more cooperative institutions on its side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
I hope Touma will learn from that. I'm really tired about him being manipulated all the time already. And I really despite Birdway. You know that the organization founded to research for the way to stand above people couldn't possibly be on the good side anyway. I think it's about time Touma use Kamijou Faction to kick their sorry ass now. All leaders of each factions aren't good people anyway (good ones like the RCC pope is just a puppet with no power, the Orthodox one is just a small normal child and then we have a vixen like Laura for Anglican, Aleister for AC and Birdway for Dawn-something). My opinion is to punch both sides if they fight so no one will benefit from Touma's intervention anymore.
"To trick your enemies you need to trick your allies beforehand." its said, I’ll leave that up to your imagination .

Btw, Touma can't gather that so-called faction since that just was the product of multiple coincidences. He lacks leadership and the resources needed to be one. And IMO if he ever tries to go against all them, the one who will end crushes will be Toma.

Last edited by Miraluka; 2012-01-07 at 20:33.
Old 2012-01-07, 20:34   Link #16074
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Meh, I'm sure Touma never has tought how much was affected RCC and the UK by his actions, now that its AC the one he gets affected he starts to think about it =___=;.
Go read SS1, Touma had wondered if it was his fault that WWIII was about to start, Tsuchimikado was the one that assured him that things were heading in that direction even without his involvement.

Also, Academy City is his hometown, naturally he would be more concern about it, there's nothing hypocritical about it.

Do you truly give a rat's ass about the middle east or Africa or North Korea? Same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
I hope Touma will learn from that. I'm really tired about him being manipulated all the time already.
The problem is that bad things would happen regardless of whether he acted or not, you can say that he's being manipulated but the result of him not acting isn't exactly something to brush off.

America being destroyed doesn't bold well for anybody, you're saying he shouldn't act because he's being manipulated? Come on, this isn't Shu that we're talking about here.
Old 2012-01-07, 20:36   Link #16075
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

With the talk of the science side civil war, the talk of the Kihara Family getting some limelight in NT4 is looking very plausible indeed.

I also predict AC will sic Equ.DarkMatter on the defecting institutes.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2012-01-07, 20:49   Link #16076
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Go read SS1, Touma had wondered if it was his fault that WWIII was about to start, Tsuchimikado was the one that assured him that things were heading in that direction even without his involvement.
When a friend breaks up with her girl/boyfriend I always tell him/her isn't his/her fault. Also, I doubt Tsuchimikado did know that the aim of the war was Touma himself.

Quote:
Also, Academy City is his hometown, naturally he would be more concern about it, there's nothing hypocritical about it.
And what awaits him is a punching fest from martial artists courstesy from the Kiharas .

Quote:
Do you truly give a rat's ass about the middle east or Africa or North Korea? Same thing.
Yes, I do .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
With the talk of the science side civil war, the talk of the Kihara Family getting some limelight in NT4 is looking very plausible indeed.

I also predict AC will sic Equ.DarkMatter on the defecting institutes.
Well, it was a "matter" of time of a real danger from a civil war within AC and not a normal clever attempt to striker Aleister like the underground organizations did before.

I bet that will be Gunha's time to debut.
Old 2012-01-07, 20:56   Link #16077
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
When a friend breaks up with her girl/boyfriend I always tell him/her isn't his/her fault. Also, I doubt Tsuchimikado did know that the aim of the war was Touma himself.
Irrelevant; Rome was already looking to pick a fight and Academy City was more than welcome to give it to them. Things would be heading in that direction anyway.

Quote:
And what awaits him is a punching fest from martial artists courstesy from the Kiharas.
What has that got to do with anything?

Quote:
Yes, I do .
Only as far as how they would affect your country and to the extent, you directly.
Old 2012-01-07, 21:01   Link #16078
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Irrelevant; Rome was already looking to pick a fight and Academy City was more than welcome to give it to them. Things would be heading in that direction anyway.
Guess who was in the way.

Quote:
What has that got to do with anything?
Nothing, just the welcome party.

Quote:
Only as far as how they would affect your country and to the extent, you directly.
Only God knows how much power each one has on this earth.
Old 2012-01-07, 21:04   Link #16079
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Guess who was in the way.
How is that a bad thing?
Old 2012-01-07, 21:08   Link #16080
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
How is that a bad thing?
Lets just say that he revealed himself to the one who was searching for the proper medium to manifest his powers.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen