AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-03-11, 00:44   Link #1
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Opinions on Xeno Saga Ep 1

Well i just purchased this game, but i haven't opened it yet. Just wanted to hear what you guys think about this game before playing it
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-11, 15:27   Link #2
daliinn

Well i was a little suprised because it didn't have much to do with Xenogears, but i havn't excatly finished the game yet. But just like Xenogears there are still alot of cut scenes and a very in depth storyline (so far). Also the game is much more difficult
daliinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-11, 15:28   Link #3
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

sounds awsome, Challenging with a good storyline
Old 2004-03-11, 15:53   Link #4
cheez
duh?

Send a message via ICQ to cheez Send a message via AIM to cheez
One of my all-time favorite games. The story, characters, and gameplay are just amazing, and such beautiful CG... it just doesn't get much better. There are some pretty damn long cutscenes, so that may affect your like/dislike (personally, I loved 'em), but you can skip them if you want.

I've been searching for snippets on Episode 2 and some rumors say it'll be coming out toward the end of this year... *drool*
cheez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-11, 16:17   Link #5
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

I wish there was a little more game to play, but it was still worth the buy. I never got tired of watching KOS-MOS in action But the AGWS are freaking useless! I can't wait for Episode 2 though, especially since the character models are ENTIRELY different (I didn't think KOS-MOS could get any hotter. Boy I was WAY OFF!)
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-11, 16:22   Link #6
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

I got so sick and tired of the long random battles I just gamesharked my way though (it was the only game I've ever gamesharked on too).

IMHO, Xenosaga should really have been an anime instead(and yes, they are making one, as well as a manga and novel). It's like play for 15 minutes, watch a 15 min cut scene, play another 15 min, another cutscene, etc.
Village Idiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-11, 19:01   Link #7
Mr_Anonomis
El Diablo Blanco!

Send a message via AIM to Mr_Anonomis
it's a really great game, though like any rpg, it get's well...repetetive...but still, awesome storyline, graphics, all you could ask for in an rpg.
Mr_Anonomis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-11, 19:09   Link #8
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Thanks for the feedback guys, I'm really looking forward to it. I feel ya on the random pointless battles cause i'm a crazed ff7 fan, but i doubt the cutscenes will be a problem, I see these epic rpgs as a movie or anime you get to take part in. The gameplay is sometimes less important than the story and the cutscenes for me.
Old 2004-03-11, 19:23   Link #9
xxziggybitsxx

Send a message via AIM to xxziggybitsxx Send a message via MSN to xxziggybitsxx Send a message via Yahoo to xxziggybitsxx
Well im still playing the game.. My friend on the other hand, was obseded with the sires, but he hasn't got a PS2, so he downloaded the bittorennt for it.. He said it was really good. Personally, playing the game is like watching a movie, with little fights here and there.... I have been playing for a long time, and they say that i am prectly 1/2 way done ... ohh well.. cant wait to beat it.
xxziggybitsxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-11, 21:20   Link #10
daliinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots
I wish there was a little more game to play, but it was still worth the buy. I never got tired of watching KOS-MOS in action But the AGWS are freaking useless! I can't wait for Episode 2 though, especially since the character models are ENTIRELY different (I didn't think KOS-MOS could get any hotter. Boy I was WAY OFF!)
Yeah i didn't like the whole AGWS system in this game. I think they should have stuck with gears. But i did really like how you could custumize your AGWS. Makes it a little more interesting.
daliinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-11, 23:17   Link #11
gohmifune

Prolly my third fav RPG, good story,but since its only the first part, you know its gonna be big. I mean real big.
gohmifune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-12, 14:27   Link #12
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

I already decided on my team, KOS-MOS, Ziggy, and Chaos. Maybe Jr. here and there. I always choose the characters on coolness level other than performance . I'm sure someone might say "but dude Momo's tech attacks hurt so much more dude". I used Vincent in ff7 ... he was so damn cool ... but towards the end he got so ridiculously weak compared to the other characters.
Old 2004-03-12, 15:42   Link #13
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Vincent's ridiculously weak near the end of the game because his Ultimate Weapon (Death Sentence)'s damage level is based on the number of kills that Vincent has.

Not that it really matters anyways. I beat FFVII doing nothing but casting Regen, Big Wall, then holding down the circle button with the occasional heal.
Village Idiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-12, 17:32   Link #14
Lord Akuma
Fallen Angel

Send a message via MSN to Lord Akuma Send a message via Yahoo to Lord Akuma
Great game, very intelligent. I'm not finished yet though, stopped playing it about a month ago at the song of nephilim part. I'll finish it before part 2 though.
Lord Akuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-12, 18:31   Link #15
cheez
duh?

Send a message via ICQ to cheez Send a message via AIM to cheez
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexander
I already decided on my team, KOS-MOS, Ziggy, and Chaos. Maybe Jr. here and there. I always choose the characters on coolness level other than performance . I'm sure someone might say "but dude Momo's tech attacks hurt so much more dude". I used Vincent in ff7 ... he was so damn cool ... but towards the end he got so ridiculously weak compared to the other characters.

Huh? Momo sucks -_-

My A-team was Shion, Jr, and KOS-MOS. Occassionally subbed in Chaos for KOS-MOS when I needed all three chars to use their AGWS, or during the Encephalon Dive.
cheez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-13, 16:03   Link #16
Kklathan
Vampyre

I used Shion, KOS-MOS and Chaos. I was disapointed by three things in episode one. The first is that ether (magic) is virtually worthless. The only effective use of ether for healing. I never used Momo unless i had to. This was not all that much of a disapointment because I have never really liked black mages in any rpg. Kinda a personal quirk, but I have never really employed the black mage class in the partys that I have formed for rpgs. So it was not much of a disapointment.

The second is that the battles themselves get old kinda fast. It looks good, but by the end of the game you start to say, "attack, deathblow, ill go get a coke while the attack animation runs" The exemption is KOS-MOS

The last thing is that the AGWS suck. Hardcore suckage. By the time I got to proto merkabah, I had the best AGWS, and it had the best equipment, and Shion (who was piloting it) could do on a normal series of attacks 1.5 the damage as the AGWS. Ya, I used the stat max trick. I hope that in episode 2 AGWS are more like the Gears of Xenogears, having some AGWS only dungeons would be a major improvement.

p.s. regen + big guard owns ff7
Kklathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-13, 16:49   Link #17
sperry

Send a message via AIM to sperry
It's an awesome, game, possibly my favorite. Though it annoyed some people, I loved the long cutscenes. The whole reason I play rpgs is for the story, so I didn't mind not getting as much play time in. And damn, did it have a good story. It's a shame it was so short.

About the party...

I tried to vary it in the beginning, but by the end, I always had Shion, KOS-MOS, and either Jr. or Chaos. KOS-MOS, simply, because she had the most damaging attacks. Shion, because, her healing ethers were second to none. And then Jr. and Chaos, just because I found Ziggy and Momo useless. Ziggy was no where near as powerful as KOS-MOS, and he couldn't use an AGWS(not that I would, anyway). Momo was just too weak.
sperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-13, 17:46   Link #18
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheez
Huh? Momo sucks -_-
Quote:
Originally Posted by kklathan
I never used Momo unless i had to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sperry
Momo was just too weak.
Wow, talk about a consensus! A friend of mine said the same things too when he was playing through the game... but I found the opposite to be true. She starts out weak, but now she's one of my best party members. She is pretty much the anchor of my party. (Plus, MOMO has some darn cool hidden transformation sequences, even though they're pretty useless. )

As for general impressions, I really loved this game. Like Lord Akuma, I'm not quite finished (at the Song of Nephilim), but plan on finishing it very soon. Loved the story, graphics, cutscenes, music... pretty much everything. I also liked the battle system and, for some reason, didn't find the AGWS useless...

You do have to force yourself to wonder a bit, though. If you try to rush through the random battle parts too quickly, you'll quickly find yourself underpowered when facing a boss. This sometimes means using the VR (I forget what it's called), and just exploring the areas in detail. You also find some pretty cool treasures that way.

Also, learn how to use the reels to your advantages. That can really help you level up faster.

Overall, I can't wait 'till I get the chance to finally finish this game, and I'm looking forward to the next one a lot!
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-14, 16:09   Link #19
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

I just assumed Momo might be strong. Sometimes in rpgs they give the lil 10 yearold some disgustingly strong attack or a summon or something towards the end of the game.

Also i kill anything and everything in rpgs, so i don't think I'll have trouble with the bosses. In ff7 i leveled up so much right outside shinra headqaurter that when i entered the world map area my party was good enough to kill that snake.
Old 2004-11-26, 10:30   Link #20
Ziggurat 8

Talking about Xeno Saga

I was a amateur of RPG at general, but I felt in love with Xeno Saga. It is now at my first rank of RPG, all around. (equal with FF2)

The story is great, the animes generous, the game system good and inovative. The verry day where I finished this game, I runed to the game shop to buy the second episode. (those who had finished the game will surely understand why...lol)

That with sadness that I learned that the episode 2 is not in sale, for now... So I decided to buy Xeno Gear. It was a great game too. I finished this one yesterday. So I NEED to play to Xeno Saga II or to talk about those great games.

Is someone knowing when Xeno Saga II (english) will be in sale ?
Ziggurat 8 is offline   Reply With Quote