AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2015-02-24, 15:53   Link #1
silversongwriter

Badass and perverted but deep and philosophical

I've been wanting to see an anime that's... well, the best way I could describe is it imagine crossing something like Revolutionary Girl Utena, Ghost in the Shell, Kino's Journey, Noir, or Modoka Magica.... with something gorey and intense like Elfen Lied, Seikon no Qwaser, or Queen's Blade.

The problem with those anime is that they lacked depth in a few ways... I want an anime with a deep philosphical show I can analyze, but also say "Holy shit, that as badass"... something that has explosions, death, machine guns, war, it could be mecha, could be sci fi, could just be action, I want a shit ton of fanservice, and lots of nudity. Also maybe a ton of yuri, although still make it a straight romance or no romance, just yuri for fanservices sake...

As far as type of action, I generally prefer modern warfare type stuff involving armies and tanks and modern guns... but it could still be sci-fi mecha, or even fantasy... I just want strong philosphical depth topped with boobies, bombs, blood and bullets.
silversongwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-26, 03:59   Link #2
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

I'm gonna recommend the show that I posted in another thread, since this one is a very good fit for your description:

Quote:
Originally Posted by frivolity View Post
Yuuji from Grisaia no Kajitsu fits the description, though the show is primarily a romcom with action/thriller elements. Yuuji is physically strong, emotionally stable, and shows a certain cynicism towards human frailty that allows him to distance himself from other characters with emotional baggage in order to carry out what inevitably needs to be done.

If you do decide to watch Grisaia no Kajitsu, then don't drop the show after the first few episodes, because those are mostly laying out the groundwork. The later episodes are the ones that feature Yuuji's badass-ery.
Badass main character, copious fanservice, some romance, though not so much yuri.

Goeben Alaska Hood Albacore Archerfish

Lexington Hornet Taihou Ranger Surcouf

Wichita Houston Sirius Yuubari Brooklyn

Ikazuchi Hibiki Aviere Akizuki Suzutsuki

frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-26, 05:31   Link #3
Parousia

Quote:
I want an anime with a deep philosphical show I can analyze, but also say "Holy shit, that as badass"... something that has explosions, death, machine guns, war, it could be mecha, could be sci fi, could just be action, I want a shit ton of fanservice, and lots of nudity. Also maybe a ton of yuri, although still make it a straight romance or no romance, just yuri for fanservices sake...
IMO these anime would be the best to fit your description, High School of the Dead and High School DxD. High School DxD has a very powerful MC but also a very perverted one... so yeah, though High School of the Dead has an MC with a better self-control.
Old 2015-02-26, 06:18   Link #4
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

Mahouka koukou no rettousei, guess it has most of the things that your listed. Well the yuri may not be there and neither the nudity scenes because the story is kinda serious, but the badass, explosions, wars, mechas, sci fi, action,are there.

Gonna post later other examples.

Last edited by DOmus; 2015-02-26 at 09:19.
DOmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-26, 09:12   Link #5
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by HolySin View Post
IMO these anime would be the best to fit your description, High School of the Dead and High School DxD. High School DxD has a very powerful MC but also a very perverted one... so yeah, though High School of the Dead has an MC with a better self-control.
I don't know about DxD, but what's "deep and philosophical" about High School of the Dead?

It's pretty hard to come across shows that mix all the elements you want together...i'm gonna go with some very well known choices, so.

Did you watch Black Lagoon, Hellsing Ultimate, Basilisk, Deadman Wonderland? They have plenty of badassery, get philosophical on different levels, not too much fanservice, but that's all i can think of.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-26, 16:08   Link #6
Ghiest Cid

Somewhat Onizuka from GTO fit the all the description .
Ghiest Cid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-26, 16:48   Link #7
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

The two closest things I can think of would be:
Evangelion: Lots of action, philosophy and gore but not a lot of fanservice iirc.
Monogatari Series: Lots of philosophy and fanservice but only the occasional gorey action.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-27, 00:17   Link #8
Goty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
The two closest things I can think of would be:
Evangelion: Lots of action, philosophy and gore but not a lot of fanservice iirc.
Eva fits. It reminded me of Rahxephon and Giant Robo, too (both have more fanservice than Evangelion, especially the latter).
Old 2015-02-27, 04:47   Link #9
Dawnstorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goty View Post
Did you watch Black Lagoon, Hellsing Ultimate, Basilisk, Deadman Wonderland? They have plenty of badassery, get philosophical on different levels, not too much fanservice, but that's all i can think of.
Hm, Compared to Elfen Lied, does Deadman Wonderland really have more content to analyse?

Basilisk, though, is probably the most fitting recommendation in this thread so far, I think.

Anyone seen Shigurui? From what I've heard about it, I think it might fit, but I haven't seen it, so take this with a grain of salt.
Dawnstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-27, 08:57   Link #10
Goty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawnstorm View Post
Hm, Compared to Elfen Lied, does Deadman Wonderland really have more content to analyse?
Nah, it's pretty milder..but i think it goes beyond Seikon no Qwaser and Queen's Blade, at least..

Tags
bombs, boobs, death, depth, violence