AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2015-01-03, 12:53   Link #2181
Velsy

And now shes the one whos going to tell them how to defend against it <.<
Well it may become another setback for humans, but 401/Hakugei will keep fighting, So hopefully that wont change.

Well after reading chapter 49, I got a minor question.. When 401 fought Hyuuga, Did she already have a mental model, or did it develop after her defeat? It kinda suggests she developed it after her defeat, but I cant be sure since its kinda vague. Just an interesting fact I would like to know. Also mentioned they recovered her hull, which seems a pretty good thing. Meaning when they have the time and resources, they could rebuild/repair her ship?

Plus the new introduced ships of Recluse and Vampire seem interesting. Kinda what I was hoping for since Takaos sinking. Even tho I couldn't understand what Vampire was saying, she seemed really cheeky and I liked that ^_^ Hopefully another Tsundere core ^_^. I wonder now how the mental model interacts with the Hakugei from this point on ^_^

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-03, 19:22   Link #2182
00Zy99
In Winter, Is Zeong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
And now shes the one whos going to tell them how to defend against it <.<
Well it may become another setback for humans, but 401/Hakugei will keep fighting, So hopefully that wont change.
The vibration warhead would only work against torpedo boats, not anything bigger. Besides, Haruna said that she was going to work with Makie to try to find a third path for coexistence between Fog and Human.

Quote:
Well after reading chapter 49, I got a minor question.. When 401 fought Hyuuga, Did she already have a mental model, or did it develop after her defeat? It kinda suggests she developed it after her defeat, but I cant be sure since its kinda vague. Just an interesting fact I would like to know. Also mentioned they recovered her hull, which seems a pretty good thing. Meaning when they have the time and resources, they could rebuild/repair her ship?
It IS vague, but it does seem to imply that Hyuuga developed it after her defeat.

As for the rest....

You'll have to see. They probably could with time and resources.

Quote:
Plus the new introduced ships of Recluse and Vampire seem interesting. Kinda what I was hoping for since Takaos sinking. Even tho I couldn't understand what Vampire was saying, she seemed really cheeky and I liked that ^_^ Hopefully another Tsundere core ^_^. I wonder now how the mental model interacts with the Hakugei from this point on ^_^
Repulse is awesome. And funny. Somewhat timid, though. And Vampire's a little cheeky spitfire.
00Zy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-05, 17:36   Link #2183
Velsy

After having caught up to the last chapter (61 right) I have to say Vampire was awesomely funny. Would of been more interesting if the author/artist had given her mental model fangs though, as a being to her name. Well I didn't really expect she'd have a mental model yet, but I like how its turned out.

The special chapter, about Amaha was something that has kinda cleared a bit of my doubt on her. I guess the key points about her was having those weird dreams, and was with Gonzou at the beginning of the fire. It kinda shows she was genuinely the "typical" childhood friend who cares/likes him more than normal and wasnt aware she was infiltrating with malicious intent. Mentioned they also knew each other since Elementary school. Only way I can still think she was a mental model all along is because of those dreams. Doesn't rule out that FOG wasnt involved until we know more I guess. Well the classified information suggest this.

As for Yamato in general. Her actions really have me confused. At first she was most concerned they were loosing ships of the fog (specifically to 401) and had Kongou put on the pursuit. Then it was reported by 400/402 that Gonzou was to be killed under Yamatos orders. But then ever since, Yamatos only sent surveillance ships after him. Then Amaha made her appearance as Yamatos 2nd mental model. Then it gets more complicated, after setting a destroyer to surveillance. How did she know Gonzo had left 401 on a mission which should be secret and disclosed. This I find the strange part which makes me think of 2 possible reasons. 1, its as someone suggested in an above post. Iona really is still part of Yamatos fleet and pretty much lying to Gonzous and his crew about being on her own will. I do doubt this because Iona herself said she was no longer apart of Yamatos command. I don't see Iona as the type to be deceiving unless I am in for a big plot twist. Plus Iona still under Yamatos orders would really spoil Ionas mystery. I have a small suspicion that Ionas made contact with the Admiralty code, or somehow involved with it. Her dream she had, really raises some questions.

The other reason which I think is most viable, is Yamato is hacking Iona undetected through the tactical network. Yamato seems to know just about everything 401 is doing, the battle he lost against 2501, Takao attempting to make re-contact with 401 after her loss, the part when he left the ship with Hyuuga to salvage nano stuff. She has to be getting this intel from somewhere. Which then you could ask, if shes hacking 401, why would you need the use of surveillance ships <.<

Authors really put a mystery on Yamato. I guess Yamatos probably been talked about lot, and I am late to the party. But if there anything wrong, or not right with how I have perceived information here. You can correct it. Yamato does seem like a complicated topic.

As for the Admiralty code, I guess it has something to do with that girl in a spacesuit who keeps popping up. In a sense it really reminds me something like Rosen maiden, how all the dolls are chasing their father. Could all the ships be chasing their mother? O_o

The stories been really interesting. Feels kinda down after hitting the last translated chapter.

*Edit*oh yeah Kongou was almost sunk, That would of been a shock. But I had already figured she wouldnt sink just yet <.<

Donated by Om Nerabdator

Last edited by Velsy; 2015-01-05 at 18:13.
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-06, 03:17   Link #2184
lfhoule

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00idiot View Post
I happen to LIKE Makie for the most part.

She's the one who DESIGNED the warhead, so she knows all about it. It's the reason she was engineered into being to begin with. It wasn't seen as much of a problem when they told her that I-401 was taking it to the US. The Fog had already figured out that much anyways.
After the initial 20-30 minutes or so of being told, she was probably fine with it. But during the above time frame, Kyohei would beg to differ with you... tho' he may have been begging for the beat down (Pax Romana and all that).
lfhoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-06, 11:32   Link #2185
00Zy99
In Winter, Is Zeong

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfhoule View Post
After the initial 20-30 minutes or so of being told, she was probably fine with it. But during the above time frame, Kyohei would beg to differ with you... tho' he may have been begging for the beat down (Pax Romana and all that).
I meant that the authorities didn't have a problem telling her. She had an issue with her "grandfather" going to the US on board I-401.
Old 2015-01-13, 23:45   Link #2186
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
We're also ignoring an important thing here: what types of planes the Fog were using. Futuristic super-planes but without Klein fields? Likely difficult but can be countered by the planes of the setting's era.

But, what if the fog were using World War 2 planes for templates, much like how they used the ships as templates? Because frankly, a Fog Zero is still a Zero, and modern aircraft would blow holes in one without issue if it didn't have a Klein field.
It is unexpected considering the physical body of a Fog ship is proof against any human weapon barring the vibrational warhead

So the real question would be what are Fog planes made of...

Which also calls to mind another thing...the Fog seem to neglect their destroyer workhorses a lot...
Old 2015-01-14, 02:46   Link #2187
SatelliteCannon

So chapter 3 of Salty Road came out.

Seems like no chapter of Salty Road is complete without a Fog ship beating the crap out of someone.
SatelliteCannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-14, 19:11   Link #2188
00Zy99
In Winter, Is Zeong

What the....

Okay. It's official. No more Chinese food for those two. Ever.

Seriously.

Takao, Zuikaku, cut it out.
Old 2015-02-02, 10:01   Link #2189
D-Joe

I just read a newest interview of Ark Performance.
Something about the anime is pretty interesting, like they choose Sanzigen to do the anime because they are very interest to CG anime, AP were in every meeting about the anime, and AP told director and writer the anime can go original route if they want to.
http://animeanime.jp/article/2015/01/28/21756.html
http://animeanime.jp/article/2015/01/31/21793.html
D-Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-02, 10:06   Link #2190
Tenzen12

Well, we already now it's result...
Old 2015-02-02, 23:04   Link #2191
synx

Is there a chapter this month?
synx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-02, 23:23   Link #2192
Tenzen12

Yes, it was nice, with exception of Gunzou trying sink Kongou. I don't liked that at all.

Also I am quite worried about Iori.
Old 2015-02-03, 00:05   Link #2193
D-Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by synx View Post
Is there a chapter this month?
It's out in CR
http://www.crunchyroll.com/comics_re...pter_num=62.00
D-Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-03, 05:00   Link #2194
DerGilga
Banned

I hope Gonzou's and Hyuuga's secret mission was more than 'just' getting a bunch of torpedos.

Poor Kongou, this battle is her moment of glory and she barely performed any action, almost got sunk and is outperformed by Myoukou so far. With delta core ships, the scarlet fleet and maybe other threats opposing our heroes, I don't think Kongou will play a large role after this. In the anime Kongou developed a emotional connection to Iona. Because the manga is lacking this I don't see Kongou becoming 'a defeat means friendship' ally or someone with a personal vendetta. So unless something major happens Gonzou is going to sink Kongou in the second half of this battle making this probably for a long time the last chance for some nice Kongou action.

And the almost Kishimoto level death flags for Iori.

Some random thought, Ashigara and Haguro were sunk with some distance apart from each other. Either the shark moved towards Ashigara or mini mental models can be quite fast.
DerGilga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-03, 09:10   Link #2195
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Lol. Poor Ashigara and Haguro.
Old 2015-02-17, 13:16   Link #2196
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Congrats to Takao of being voted 1st in the poll for favorite Blue Steel character.
Old 2015-02-17, 18:00   Link #2197
DerGilga
Banned

Why does the article refere to Ars Nova when the pool is clearly about the manga? Zuikaku is 4th, with 50 votes, and she clearly didn't appear in the anime.
DerGilga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-03, 19:04   Link #2198
00Zy99
In Winter, Is Zeong

Sooo......

No chapter this month?

(watches tumbleweeds blow by)
Old 2015-03-03, 19:19   Link #2199
cloud04
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerGilga View Post
Why does the article refere to Ars Nova when the pool is clearly about the manga? Zuikaku is 4th, with 50 votes, and she clearly didn't appear in the anime.
Its 7th ._.
Old 2015-03-04, 02:12   Link #2200
black knight iust
spirit 1
*IT Support

Quote:
agree it is better to say the race is over when I-401 is sunk. But the only reason she still is in the race are the mental models. I don't see how the monologue is a pretty obvious follow up. The monologue suggests to me she is referring to the current battle and not the whole manga.
Well If I remember correctly having a mental model takes processing power which is why destroyers don't have mental models, with less processing power it makes it harder to function properly.
I believe Vampire states it makes repulse act like a drunk with a bad hangover since she's basically lending Vampire about 1/4 her max.

Quote:
oh and the other thing. Can Japan really not produce anymore of the the Vibration Warheads? I see why they are trying to send the specifics to USA to "mass" produce. But can Japan really only make 5 of them? To which they only have 1 left.
Plot.
I believe it may have to due with America is a larger country, and thus can make more in a shorter timeframe.

Oh and just for Sh***, I love this http://youtu.be/TtlrQKOeFM8 Kongou a lot more than the one from this series, and that has become my ringtone.

Last edited by black knight iust; 2015-03-04 at 02:51.
black knight iust is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, sci-fi, seinen