AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-10-14, 20:02   Link #1821
Skellington2612
fighting swine flu

I don´t think is crap... the girl just developed it thanks to the blindness, you ask a question touch somebody´s hand if it tenses, or feels a bit wet he is lying... it could even apply to logic... Does it says is a special power?
Then remeber... the girl broke the geass by her will... she can almost do anything...
Skellington2612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 20:06   Link #1822
VNEpic

It's probably going to be the same as Suzaku's special abilities in which they just state it and never gonna give a valid explanation for it. They just expect you to accept it and leave it at that.
VNEpic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 20:19   Link #1823
Jarmel

Well the problem is that she is able to see memories because she is blind. Anyways they could have shown the mindflash atleast once before the finale. Code Geass did a horrible job with characters backgrounds.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 20:23   Link #1824
VNEpic

They could have, but time was limited. They had to rush alot of stuff to give a somewhat ok ending with an epilogue.

Remember they started off with too many extra characters so they really couldn't spend that much time developing all of their backgrounds. Still they made it still entertaining in my eyes and pulled the ending off somewhat satisfactory.
Old 2008-10-14, 20:29   Link #1825
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skellington2612 View Post
I don´t think is crap... the girl just developed it thanks to the blindness, you ask a question touch somebody´s hand if it tenses, or feels a bit wet he is lying... it could even apply to logic... Does it says is a special power?
Then remeber... the girl broke the geass by her will... she can almost do anything...
Breaking Geass, yes, it happens, Geass can be broken or resisted up to a point in the anime.
But the other thing...

The girl... developed a supernatural power... to not only detect LIES... but to see into people's hearts... through blindness... And she used it... on a supposedly dying person... who hardly has ANY other body reactions cause he's supposedly just dying... to reveal his master plan...

Up there, on the wheelchair!
It's a mecha. It's a flying fortress. It's Super Nunnally!!
Faster than a Geass activation... More powerful than a score of Geass users... Able to discern the most detailed plan with a single touch... This amazing girl from Planet Plothole, the girl of miracles... Super NUNNALLY!!!

Please, God, no... just no...
Old 2008-10-14, 20:35   Link #1826
VNEpic

Heh, plotholes ftw.
It kinda makes me think they just reused Marianne's geass of being able to touch people's hearts and gave it to Nunnally except through hand contact just so she understands her brother >.>
Old 2008-10-14, 21:25   Link #1827
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

I don't know what the big deal is. They made it clear several times in the second season that she could tell when people were lying by holding their hand. Then she was able to use it in the end to know that Lelouch wasn't really a bad guy. It's not nearly as big a stretch as Geass and humanoid weapons, but this is the thing you find unbelievable?
Old 2008-10-14, 21:34   Link #1828
VNEpic

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post
I don't know what the big deal is. They made it clear several times in the second season that she could tell when people were lying by holding their hand. Then she was able to use it in the end to know that Lelouch wasn't really a bad guy. It's not nearly as big a stretch as Geass and humanoid weapons, but this is the thing you find unbelievable?
Personally, not really. I find it quite believable since as you stated when she held her assistant's hand she was able to determine that she was lying. Other people are just expressing their doubt in which the lie detector ability is able to extend into being able to discover a whole month's worth of memories and what Lelouch was doing in that time.

I kinda feel as if the creators are giving non-convincing explainations to fuel the "so is Lelouch really dead/alive?" debate.
Old 2008-10-14, 21:36   Link #1829
lovecakecookies

I dont get with the big deal with Nunnally is either.. no one seemed to care when Suzaku was dodging Machine gun BULLETS in R1.. oh wait people did..
so basically its just another inconsistency.. who cares? that's why explanation we got to live with it..
and after reading all that information regarding Lulu's fate.. I (myself) can finally say
R.I.P Lelouch

I also find it funny how they went and actually explained the scene with Nunnally.. it was after all, one of the key points in the "he has a code theory"
Old 2008-10-14, 21:36   Link #1830
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Personally, I don't think Nunnally saw any of the scenes we saw when she touched Lelouch's hand--I think the displaying of those scenes was symbolic of her realization: after all, how else could we really believe she figured out what Lelouch had actually done?
Old 2008-10-14, 21:37   Link #1831
Jarmel

That's because Geass and the mechanoid weapons were established(although lack of background on the Geass is another big plot-hole). However they gave Nunnaly an ability that is not established or given insight into the story. We see that she can detect lies, not read memories. So now the producers make the jump that she could see memories all along and previous incidents where nothing of the like happens. This is what we call a plot hole. If they had shown her having flashes of Lelouch or Suzaku or w/e that assistant's name was then it would be alot more believable than the producers saying after the show is over, oh btw she can read hearts despite we never really expanding on it. Lie detection is more established in fiction with blind superheroes or people than emotion reading or w/e you call it.
Old 2008-10-14, 21:40   Link #1832
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

I don't think she was reading his memories. The flashes of his memory was more for the audience to know what she realized when she touched his hand. Then the other part was just Lelouch's life flashing before HIS eyes, not something she was seeing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecakecookies View Post
I also find it funny how they went and actually explained the scene with Nunnally.. it was after all, one of the key points in the "he has a code theory"
That was a key to the 'he has a code theory'? I still half believe he has a Code and that's the first I've heard of it. I never once thought that the memory flashes had anything to do w/ a Code. It was just a creative decision on the part of the director to portray his life flashing before his own eyes. Nunnally could tell people were lying when she grabbed their hands; that's all she did with Lelouch. She knew that he was lying to her about being evil. The flashes were for the sake of the audience to give one last insight into Lelouch's mind before the end. If people were counting on that to proove he had a Code, it was pretty flimsy evidence from the start.

Last edited by youngde; 2008-10-14 at 22:28.
youngde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 21:46   Link #1833
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Personally, I don't think Nunnally saw any of the scenes we saw when she touched Lelouch's hand--I think the displaying of those scenes was symbolic of her realization: after all, how else could we really believe she figured out what Lelouch had actually done?
I think she has magical powers that let her read minds. She ask someone a question because the person would then think of the answer.

When Lelouch died his life flashed before him, and Nunnaly saw that, and in particular Zero Requiem which is what Lelouch was thinking about as he died.

It makes a lot more sense than she was able to use her lie detecting powers on a dying man.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 21:46   Link #1834
Jarmel

Well the life flashing before his eyes would be kinda redundant since he just replayed those scenes right before Suzaku stabbed him. According to the official website(or mobile website) they indicate that she did see what happened. Ah yes and where did she get those magical powers from?? Geass, no and being blind does not grant you magical powers. Possibly heightened senses( which could be used to tell if someone is lying) if you believe american comics but thats about it.
Old 2008-10-14, 22:01   Link #1835
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
she could sense that the events that had just happened (zero killing him) were not a surprise and that he was not sad or pained or angry about it
she could sense that he was happy (probably) despite dying
she could probably connect the dots from there (kallen did with less)
all she would have needed was to keep some hope in her heart that he wasnt really the monster that he seemed to be
Old 2008-10-14, 22:23   Link #1836
Jarmel

That is all true but what I am saying is for consistency sake they should not have had the flashes when she touched his hand.
Old 2008-10-14, 22:34   Link #1837
VNEpic

Eh. Who said they were consistent in the first place? lol

It was just a artistic device to illustrate the point that Nunnally was able to understand at the end. Its nothing to fret over. It could have been worse for all we know.
Old 2008-10-14, 22:38   Link #1838
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
they couldent just have nuannly go "so that was what he was all about" since they did it with kallen already
they needed another way to get it across

p.s
nunnaly wanted the damocles to be what lelouch had become
a symbol of hate
Old 2008-10-14, 23:01   Link #1839
blottyparchment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink-chan View Post
Can anyone translate the following scan? As we probably know Suzaku's VA, Takahiro Sakurai is involved in a part of the animation in Turn 25. From what I can understand, it seems to be something related in Kallen's room. Can someone enlighten me about it and anything interesting stated in the scans? Like Tamaki's bar? Thanks!

Wha~? That trivia corner is lacking the oomph, "whoa really!?" kind of stuff >_>

1.) Asks about the congratulation messages written hanging on Tamaki's wall in his bar. Somebody might have already known about this, but Tamaki's VA, Tanaka Kazunari, wrote his own congratulation message to his character, Tamaki, saying, "To the Handsome Tamaki". LOL

2.) About Xingke's noticeable absence in the wedding pic of Ougi and Villetta, still in Tamaki's bar. They offer no explanation, just this, "Why wasn't he at the wedding, despite his precious Tianzi being there? Could it because he had a violent coughing fit?"

3.) The the image of Suzaku and Arthur in Kallen's room - Original Picture by Sakurai Takahiro O_o

4.) Talks about the message on Suzaku's gravestone, which was "Here lies a consummate and invaluable knight to his highness". Suzaku has supposedly fallen in battle by the defeat of the Lancelot. He was the accomplice of the Atrocious Emperor Lelouch, but someone had his grave made.
blottyparchment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 23:04   Link #1840
VNEpic

Quote:
Originally Posted by blottyparchment View Post
4.) Talks about the message on Suzaku's gravestone, which was "Here lies a consummate and invaluable knight to his highness". Suzaku has supposedly fallen in battle by the defeat of the Lancelot. He was the accomplice of the Atrocious Emperor Lelouch, but someone had his grave made.
And that is why Arthur should be commemorated for being the only thing visiting Suzaku's grave