AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-02-04, 08:49   Link #981
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritsu026 View Post
If that's so then the situation is familiar with "Supernatural" where God was dead and only the Archangels and Angels were taking care for the Earth.
Lol, I've been trying to subtly implant that thought into people's head for months FINALLY someone else brought up [Supernatural] !

Except God isn't quite dead yet in that show either.

But the Angels are still dicks.
Old 2011-02-04, 08:57   Link #982
Ritsu026
Ritsu's boyfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Lol, I've been trying to subtly implant that thought into people's head for months FINALLY someone else brought up [Supernatural] !

Except God isn't quite dead yet in that show either.

The conclusion is that in every show Angels are dicks who doesn't care about the humanity. Only Castiel cares , but that doesn't change the fact that he is dick.
Old 2011-02-04, 22:39   Link #983
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritsu026 View Post
If that's so then the situation is familiar with "Supernatural" where God was dead and only the Archangels and Angels were taking care for the Earth.
Except in this series God seems to be missing from Heaven, and if God's Right Seat is right(lol pun) God must be hidden under a differente form not an angel of course.
Thatst when my "God embedded in Humanity" theory from the kabbalah come again

Quote:
Without a master sure they are but, just look the difference at how Misha was during the Angel Fall and how Misha was during the War under Fiamma's orders.
Old 2011-02-05, 04:01   Link #984
eiyuu99

During Angel Fall, the archangel isn't exactly pleased when something insignificant
pulled it out of its seat and sent it crashing onto a lower plane.
Old 2011-02-05, 08:24   Link #985
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
I believe we should be this way: Aeon of Osiris is the format that Christian God belongs to. Each aeon has its own deities, and the new one replace the old.

I think this is really what being higher than god mean. You become the new god of the next era and the old god gets disqualified. So, the Christian God will be eating his own medicine on what he did to the Pagan Gods back in Aeon of Isis.
But if that is so, then who made Aiwass and AIM? It is a new kind of Angel. If not God then who? The Horusian deity? Where did it come from if it is not Aleister trying to become it.
Old 2011-02-05, 08:59   Link #986
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
But if that is so, then who made Aiwass and AIM? It is a new kind of Angel. If not God then who? The Horusian deity? Where did it come from if it is not Aleister trying to become it.
Fiamma mentioned that Aiwass' existence is an anomaly- An Angel that cannot be explained by holy books or theology, in this world which God has made it symbolises material beyond God’s control I assume that means nothing in this Universe made it. But if you subscribe to the idea of Multiverses...

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2011-02-05 at 09:17.
Old 2011-02-05, 15:41   Link #987
giorno

i'm starting to think it might be a situation similar to the shin megami tensei verse....
Old 2011-02-05, 21:35   Link #988
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Fiamma mentioned that Aiwass' existence is an anomaly- An Angel that cannot be explained by holy books or theology, in this world which God has made it symbolises material beyond God’s control I assume that means nothing in this Universe made it. But if you subscribe to the idea of Multiverses...
I view it more as God's new experiment....
Old 2011-02-05, 22:50   Link #989
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Thats the part which mades me think of Lucifer and the info about GRS, why an angel, supposed to be a tool, aimed to be higher than God?
Does this mean Lucifer was beyond God's control but got defeated before achieving that goal by Michael?
If thats true what if Lucifer just took his time to evolve into something above God?
Old 2011-02-05, 23:02   Link #990
pampz21
ShipCore

first whats higher and lower?
They said that God is higher than Human,Devils are lower than Human?
Then wat r God vs Devils are they equal or ????

I think thats one of the mystery in To aru Universe?!
wat is Touma a devil that can deny the existance of GOD's words?
OR
A God that clenses the Devil? or maybe a DEVIL is the same as a GOD?

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2011-02-05, 23:16   Link #991
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Thats the part which mades me think of Lucifer and the info about GRS, why an angel, supposed to be a tool, aimed to be higher than God?
Does this mean Lucifer was beyond God's control but got defeated before achieving that goal by Michael?
If thats true what if Lucifer just took his time to evolve into something above God?
Lucifer's rebellion was cause from a 'malfunction' in it's control, that spread to 1/3 of the Angels... At least that was Vent's explanation in Vol13. Either way it was still one of God's Angel while Aiwass was like a total freak of some kind and was not part of God's 'plan'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
The Sephiroth is use to represent the rankings in toaruverse
Old 2011-02-05, 23:21   Link #992
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post

I think thats one of the mystery in To aru Universe?!
wat is Touma a devil that can deny the existance of GOD's words?
OR
A God that clenses the Devil? or maybe a DEVIL is the same as a GOD?
“… Trying to explain what that Right Hand and Imagine Breaker… and ‘Kamijou’[12]… is with nothing more than the level of Christianity. That itself is your failure.”
Old 2011-02-05, 23:23   Link #993
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Lucifer's rebellion was cause from a 'malfunction' in it's control, that spread to 1/3 of the Angels... At least that was Vent's explanation in Vol13. Either way it was still one of God's Angel while Aiwass was like a total freak of some kind and was not part of God's 'plan'.
Take Lucifer's rebellion after the malfunction as something that isn't part of God's plan.
Old 2011-02-06, 00:24   Link #994
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
As far as I can tell, Angels = Divine Robots.

rebellion = corrupted programming etc
Old 2011-02-06, 00:31   Link #995
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
As far as I can tell, Angels = Divine Robots.

rebellion = corrupted programming etc
Or so people in canon say... they also said Angels are merely tools of God, like puppets with no will of their own. Misha had opinions and views in the LN Vol4, and she's obviously a angel/'robot' (eg her saying that Touma's father being the one ultimately responsible for Angel Fall is a 'boring' outcome), contradicting the mages' view.

There's probably some basis in that, but it's likely not the whole picture. eg, The novels even have said Lucifer's fall was some sort of faulty programming and it lead to a third of Heaven's Army defecting...
Old 2011-02-06, 00:52   Link #996
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Or so people in canon say... they also said Angels are merely tools of God, like puppets with no will of their own. Misha had opinions and views in the LN Vol4, and she's obviously a angel/'robot' (eg her saying that Touma's father being the one ultimately responsible for Angel Fall is a 'boring' outcome), contradicting the mages' view.

There's probably some basis in that, but it's likely not the whole picture. eg, The novels even have said Lucifer's fall was some sort of faulty programming and it lead to a third of Heaven's Army defecting...
My opinion is that the 'Fallen' Angels are the ones that somehow attain freewill, and that was what the 'malfunction' really is.

When Misha fell, she had somehow gain human freewill when her position gets switched.
Old 2011-02-06, 01:55   Link #997
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post

Well it could be like they are AI units
Old 2011-02-06, 19:22   Link #998
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Nope, Fallen Angel does not attain free will. It is more of a bug in the control system instead of the angels actually got a brain.
Old 2011-02-06, 22:05   Link #999
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Well, let's list some of his "misfortunes":

- He stripped Index, Agnes, Lucia, and Angelene with his all powerful right hand.
- He saw a couple of girls naked namely Index, Kanzaki Kaori, Orsola, and Fukiyose Seiri.
- He has a natural tendency to attract girls to him (i.e. Mikoto, Kaori, Index, Seiri, Itsuwa, and Aisa).

^ Well, those are the good parts of his misfortunes. Other than that, he seems to have a tendency of getting into a "the world rest in your hands" fight and always always always ended being in a hospital . I wonder, does he have a good insurance or what?
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2011-02-06, 22:23   Link #1000
tsunade666

his good health insurance is in the name of director of academy city.