AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-06-27, 08:58   Link #41
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingzerosnuggles View Post
Rising Dragon: Yes, that was the Endless Waltz manga ending with art by Koichi Tokita. It's stated in the credits page that Sumisawa also wrote this.

Spoiler for For space:

This is the ending I subscribe to in head!canon due to the heavy shipping potential. Wonder if this is the one Sumisawa's drawing from? Or is he going with either the OVA or movie one?
Even though the manga's ending is more feel-good, I like to subscribe to the EW OVA and Special Edition's ending in that Heero kept an eye on Relena but was never her official bodyguard. The "Preventer 5" story at the end of Episode Zero supports this.
Old 2010-06-27, 09:08   Link #42
wingzerosnuggles

Well, I'm more for:

what I like > what is canon

At least when it comes to fic...

Though it looks like Sumisawa's using some bad fic tropes for this. Mini-Duo? Duo Jr.? A duo of Duos? @_@
wingzerosnuggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-27, 09:26   Link #43
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Well, I'm more for:

what I like > what is canon

At least when it comes to fic...

Though it looks like Sumisawa's using some bad fic tropes for this. Mini-Duo? Duo Jr.? A duo of Duos? @_@
Who knows? The novel may have Duo explain why he named his son after himself. If I was Sumisawa, I would have had Duo name his son 'Solo' but that's just me,

Also, I just read the translations in their entirety and I'm probably wrong but it seems Sally Po is dead. Also, it'll be interesting to see how Dorothy has changed for her to become the president in a time of peace.
Old 2010-06-27, 09:31   Link #44
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
This has never made sense, in fact, I'd argue the whole 'Relena Suecraft' thing was made fun of within the series itself. Everyone in the series seems to think Relena is this 'perfect pacifist princess' thing. Only Treize and herself knew otherwise.

Fact is, for all her pacifist preaching, it's really nothing more than a political front out of necessity. She had never cared that her colleagues secretly harboured a defense force within Sankt Kingdom, and she was perfectly okay when Treize took over command during the White Fang's rebellion, despite it going against the whole 'Perfect Pacifism' crap she and her late father spewed. If anything, she advocates fighting for the sake of peace.
Here's some other Relena moments that support this idea:

Before adopting Total Pacifism:
*Episode 14: When she called out Romefeller on stage. This was during her "Revenge" phase, when she learned that it was Romefeller and OZ who killed both her adoptive and real fathers:

Relena: You're all very mistaken. And the Gundams will come to rectify your mistakes. On behalf of those who're trampled by this whitewash!

*Episode 16: When she encouraged Heero to kill Zechs before discovering that Zechs was her brother

After adopting Total Pacifism:
*Episode 29: Relena admits that she's still learning about Total Pacifism

*Episode 33: After surviving an assassination attempt by Romefeller, Relena had doubts about Total Pacifism, before Quatre calmed her down:

Relena: Maybe "Total Pacifism'' is nothing but nonsense spouted only by those unable to fight.

Also forgot to mention that after Quatre calmed Relena down and encouraged her to follow her beliefs, notice that Relena was in a trance-like state.

Last edited by Washu-Chan; 2010-06-27 at 10:20.
Washu-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-27, 09:32   Link #45
wingzerosnuggles

Elo: Might be the case. No one asked Cathy "How's your mother?" -_- As for Dorothy, she's my favorite after Relena and making her not awesome is impossible. xD
Old 2010-06-27, 10:18   Link #46
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Elo: Might be the case. No one asked Cathy "How's your mother?" -_- As for Dorothy, she's my favorite after Relena and making her not awesome is impossible. xD
LOL! I've never explicitly liked Dorothy but her patronizing, duplicity and internal issues make her a good character. I wondered at times if she truly supported Relena.
Old 2010-06-27, 10:37   Link #47
wingzerosnuggles

Dorothy supports herself and what she believes to be good for everyone else from her point of view. Let's just put it that way. I mean she wanted the ultimate war to bring the world to its senses after she lost her father.

In Battlefield of Pacifists, she's openly disappointed about Heero and Relena's reunion not being "passionate" so one can at least say she's perceptive about those two. Strikes me as the sort of person who get up in other people's business a lot. Just look at her appearance in EW Special Edition.
Old 2010-06-27, 12:13   Link #48
akigakuyuu
Tempest

*pops in* Man, after years and years, I finally make an account here. Oh Wing, what you do to me.

Yikes, what a curve ball. I thought W was long dead and closed. I'm excited at the concept of more, but equally scared. If it's done well it could be brilliant... or it could just read like awful fic. I would hope Sumisawa would do a good job though.

To me this looks branched from the EW manga ending. I'm guessing Aurora is Relena and she's cryogenetically frozen for some reason. The fact that Dr. J seems to have made the chamber leads me to believe Heero was in on it.

Also, I'm on the boat for the theory that Duo is watching over Heero's kid while daddy is MIA. Though, I think Heero would punch Duo in the face if he knew Duo was calling his son 'Duo' as well. I'm guessing the kid's name of 'Duo' is an alias, which makes me wanna say '1xR' because the kid's name would have been public knowledge were he Relena's kid.

Though, we could all be wrong and it's just a repeat of Episode Zero with Duo taking in a streetrat. That would be kinda lame though, Idea reuse much?

Also, I'd hate to see Sally dead. She was my favourite female after Relena.

Does anyone have scans or transcripts of the whole prologue?

In regard to the 'official' status being granted almost exclusively to animated stuff, thus counting out Ground Zero and Blind Target... what of the Blind Target radio drama? I tend to consider bringing on the seiyuu to be a sign of at least semi-canon.

President Catalonia... we're all going to die. =X

Last edited by akigakuyuu; 2010-06-27 at 12:16. Reason: Forgot the initial reason I was posting. 9_9 Go me.
akigakuyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-27, 12:14   Link #49
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Dorothy supports herself and what she believes to be good for everyone else from her point of view. Let's just put it that way. I mean she wanted the ultimate war to bring the world to its senses after she lost her father.

In Battlefield of Pacifists, she's openly disappointed about Heero and Relena's reunion not being "passionate" so one can at least say she's perceptive about those two. Strikes me as the sort of person who get up in other people's business a lot. Just look at her appearance in EW Special Edition.
Good character analysis.

I haven't read Battlefield of Pacifists yet(really want to but haven't been able to find it on the net) but that's interesting she wanted Heero and Relena to be a couple.

Her appearance in EW was somewhat surreal in my opinion with her having trucks on standby to take the people to Brussels but no one could've "goaded" them to fight like she did.
Old 2010-06-27, 12:15   Link #50
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by akigakuyuu View Post
Also, I'm on the boat for the theory that Duo is watching over Heero's kid while daddy is MIA. Though, I think Heero would punch Duo in the face if he knew Duo was calling his son 'Duo' as well. I'm guessing the kid's name of 'Duo' is an alias, which makes me wanna say '1xR' because the kid's name would have been public knowledge were he Relena's kid.
Hey, Heero used to use the name 'Duo Maxwell' to do his dirty biddings.

A fair payback, not?

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-27, 12:23   Link #51
Elo the Blue

Quote:
*pops in* Man, after years and years, I finally make an account here. Oh Wing, what you do to me.

Yikes, what a curve ball. I thought W was long dead and closed. I'm excited at the concept of more, but equally scared. If it's done well it could be brilliant... or it could just read like awful fic. I would hope Sumisawa would do a good job though.

To me this looks branched from the EW manga ending. I'm guessing Aurora is Relena and she's cryogenetically frozen for some reason. The fact that Dr. J seems to have made the chamber leads me to believe Heero was in on it.

Though, we could all be wrong and it's just a repeat of Episode Zero with Duo taking in a streetrat. That would be kinda lame though, Idea reuse much?

Also, I'd hate to see Sally dead. She was my favourite female after Relena.

Does anyone have scans or transcripts of the whole prologue?

In regard to the 'official' status being granted almost exclusively to animated stuff, thus counting out Ground Zero and Blind Target... what of the Blind Target radio drama? I tend to consider bringing on the seiyuu to be a sign of at least semi-canon.

President Catalonia... we're all going to die. =X
I'm pretty sure the young boy is Duo's son. He has his hair tied in a braid and Duo's relationship with Hilde was made pretty clear in the series, EW and related material.
Old 2010-06-27, 12:30   Link #52
akigakuyuu
Tempest

I'd be fine with the 2xH. That's on my list of prefered pairings and it always seemed rather canon-hinted to me. Would Duo be fronting as 'Father Maxwell' then, or did he take vows... are vows taken in Gundam, I wonder... as a priest post-child. Something happen to Hilde? It would be rather annoying if they ditched Sally and Hilde.

Though, the whole wearing a braid thing doesn't automatically make me think it's his kid.

I think the 'unpleasant stare' line just has us all going because we haven't heard from Heero yet. haha. Come on guyz, tell us the kid's eye colour~ Is it colbalt, prussian, or light blue? Hahaha.
Old 2010-06-27, 12:39   Link #53
Elo the Blue

Quote:
I'd be fine with the 2xH. That's on my list of prefered pairings and it always seemed rather canon-hinted to me. Would Duo be fronting as 'Father Maxwell' then, or did he take vows... are vows taken in Gundam, I wonder... as a priest post-child. Something happen to Hilde? It would be rather annoying if they ditched Sally and Hilde.

Though, the whole wearing a braid thing doesn't automatically make me think it's his kid.

I think the 'unpleasant stare' line just has us all going because we haven't heard from Heero yet. haha. Come on guyz, tell us the kid's eye colour~ Is it colbalt, prussian, or light blue? Hahaha.
I don't think he's is "fronting" as Father Maxwell. He grew up in a church for some time and after all the lives he took during the war, it would make sense if he turned to God again and became a priest like his adopted father.

I'm sure Hilde's fine.

If the boy was someone else's son, I think it would have been hinted.
Old 2010-06-27, 12:42   Link #54
akigakuyuu
Tempest

I guess too many years of catholic church have me going "Priest =/= Having Children".

Eh, who knows.

Must be patient and wait for a transcript... must be patient.
Old 2010-06-27, 13:01   Link #55
Elo the Blue

Quote:
I guess too many years of catholic church have me going "Priest =/= Having Children".

Eh, who knows.

Must be patient and wait for a transcript... must be patient.
Going to be tough...
Old 2010-06-27, 13:06   Link #56
akigakuyuu
Tempest

Haha, I give myself until Wednesday before I drive to Chicago to get myself a copy of the magazine.
Old 2010-06-27, 13:14   Link #57
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Haha, I give myself until Wednesday before I drive to Chicago to get myself a copy of the magazine.
I wonder if it'll come out before the second episode of Unicorn.
Old 2010-06-27, 13:41   Link #58
Kitsoru
:3c

Quote:
...Where in Chicago can you buy Gundam Ace? o.o /going back there in the fall
----------

(lol, hi, another migrant from the LJ discussion. o/)

Another one here who would really like to see some actual scans, but... Hm... I'm going with either the speculation that "Princess Aurora/Sleeping Beauty" is either Relena or that it's a 1xR daughter, but honestly we don't know enough yet to make much of a leap of faith for any of this. Either way it makes perfect sense to focus the story on the child of the main characters of the series.

Duo's kid, I'm assuming he's either masquerading as a priest and it's a 2xH baby or he really is a priest and it's an adopted orphan. Or maybe he and Hilde adopted, who knows! Either way, he's got a really lame pun going with the name. If it's Hilde's I hope she popped on the head for it :P

As for Kathy we haven't even heard her speak yet so we still can't say squat about her.... We don't even know her age. Or anyone's age. It's kinda annoying that they gave an arbitrary year without saying exactly how much time has passed ("middle aged" or "elderly" Duo could mean anywhere from 20 to 50 years, after all...)

Always knew Dorothy would take over the world.

(On the topic of the side mangas, I always considered Blind Target the only- or most- canon one because it was a radio drama... but that's just me. I also have never gotten to read BoP.)
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-27, 13:51   Link #59
akigakuyuu
Tempest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post
...Where in Chicago can you buy Gundam Ace? o.o /going back there in the fall
----------

(lol, hi, another migrant from the LJ discussion. o/)

Another one here who would really like to see some actual scans, but... Hm... I'm going with either the speculation that "Princess Aurora/Sleeping Beauty" is either Relena or that it's a 1xR daughter, but honestly we don't know enough yet to make much of a leap of faith for any of this. Either way it makes perfect sense to focus the story on the child of the main characters of the series.

Duo's kid, I'm assuming he's either masquerading as a priest and it's a 2xH baby or he really is a priest and it's an adopted orphan. Or maybe he and Hilde adopted, who knows! Either way, he's got a really lame pun going with the name. If it's Hilde's I hope she popped on the head for it :P

As for Kathy we haven't even heard her speak yet so we still can't say squat about her.... We don't even know her age. Or anyone's age. It's kinda annoying that they gave an arbitrary year without saying exactly how much time has passed ("middle aged" or "elderly" Duo could mean anywhere from 20 to 50 years, after all...)

Always knew Dorothy would take over the world.

(On the topic of the side mangas, I always considered Blind Target the only- or most- canon one because it was a radio drama... but that's just me. I also have never gotten to read BoP.)
Sanseido has a location in Mitsuwa and Sanseido carries it. they also have an option to get s subscription for 6 months and I'm becoming tempted to get one.

Middle-aged says 40+ and elderly is more, but since the pilots were all the same age...

Oh god, Hilde's become the sister and it's a rewrite of Duo's Episode Zero story. Man.

I assume if the pilots are like... say 40-45... Then Sally is/would have been about 44-51. I'd peg Kathy at 20ish? Normally I'd peg this new 'Duo' (are we going to have to make up nicknames for them like the multiple Syaorans in Tsubasa?) at about 15 normally. Haha, that'd keep consistent with the Wing ages. The kid struck me as being younger for some reason though. Which doesn't even make sense becaue we barely got a description of him. I'm just going crazy.
Old 2010-06-27, 14:18   Link #60
Kitsoru
:3c

Quote:
Sanseido has a location in Mitsuwa and Sanseido carries it. they also have an option to get s subscription for 6 months and I'm becoming tempted to get one.

Middle-aged says 40+ and elderly is more, but since the pilots were all the same age...

Oh god, Hilde's become the sister and it's a rewrite of Duo's Episode Zero story. Man.

I assume if the pilots are like... say 40-45... Then Sally is/would have been about 44-51. I'd peg Kathy at 20ish? Normally I'd peg this new 'Duo' (are we going to have to make up nicknames for them like the multiple Syaorans in Tsubasa?) at about 15 normally. Haha, that'd keep consistent with the Wing ages. The kid struck me as being younger for some reason though. Which doesn't even make sense becaue we barely got a description of him. I'm just going crazy.
Ahhh, I figured it would be Mitsuwa... with no car, there's no way I can get out there ;; No public transit to the Mitsuwa. Oh well, maybe I can get a friend to drive me..

I doubt they'll repeat Duo's story XD Though Duo might be lame and do something like that, I doubt Hilde would though.

If they were 15 (the Wingkids, I shall dub them), that would be hilarious. And you know what? I bet that's what they're aiming for.... Though you're right, something about him comes off as younger. That he didn't speak, maybe? Or that Duo spoke for him. if he is younger, and this novel is a branch to a sequel, maybe they would intend for them to be 15 in the sequel. Ahhh, speculation...

On the idea of that "Duo" being just a codename and Duo's looking after the 1xR kid, though, I just suddenly got this mental image of Heero punching the shit out of Duo for growing his kid's hair out into a stupid braid while he was away >B|
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing