AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-05-18, 23:06   Link #18441
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
>I designed Aleister to be something like an alien in human skin. You know, where it looks like he could shoot beams from his eyes.
"That's not an alien !"

/Tsukkomi
Old 2012-05-19, 01:18   Link #18442
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Reading the Chinese names alone in Heavy Object nearly cause my eyes to explode... I don't want to resort to that if it could be helped... >.>
I don't have trouble with Chinese versions of those names, as long as I can reasonably tell what they're supposed to sound like in English. Though I can understand, I had a heck of a trouble reading NT4's Chinese version of names
Old 2012-05-19, 07:20   Link #18443
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
I don't have trouble with Chinese versions of those names, as long as I can reasonably tell what they're supposed to sound like in English. Though I can understand, I had a heck of a trouble reading NT4's Chinese version of names
Speaking of Heavy Object... Now I know that Kamachi has invested proper interest into the art of pole dancing and that it's not just included as only a side note...

*Thumbs up*

New found reason to look forward to NT5.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-05-19 at 08:45.
Old 2012-05-19, 08:18   Link #18444
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
"That's not an alien !"

/Tsukkomi
I think he meant a superior being look
Old 2012-05-19, 08:31   Link #18445
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
I think he meant a superior being look
Nah I was actually focus on the "where it looks like he could shoot beams from his eyes."

"Hi-Ougi: Areisutā Beamuuu~ !!!"
Old 2012-05-19, 10:03   Link #18446
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Speaking of Heavy Object... Now I know that Kamachi has invested proper interest into the art of pole dancing and that it's not just included as only a side note...

*Thumbs up*

Hmmm..... Given that I can pole dance.....

*Starts training to add a new fighting style*
Old 2012-05-19, 10:41   Link #18447
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Hmmm..... Given that I can pole dance.....

*Starts training to add a new fighting style*
Oi, don't derail the precious PD for your own tastes!!! I can beat you on that though,
Old 2012-05-19, 10:59   Link #18448
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Oi, don't derail the precious PD for your own tastes!!! I can beat you on that though,
*Whistles innocently*

Bring it.
Old 2012-05-19, 11:57   Link #18449
Last Order
Accelerator's fan

As translated by Accelerator brand expletive "Cuso Terru ga"? Somewhere saw Cuso Terru literally means "around the anus of your shit", and the Japane
se is "what the ass" and something
Old 2012-05-19, 23:17   Link #18450
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:

*Thumbs up*

For some reason, I find being in Froleytia's team a godly blessing. IYKWIM.

... I will never get such a blessing ;_;

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2012-05-19, 23:23   Link #18451
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
For some reason, I find being in Froleytia's team a godly blessing. IYKWIM.

... I will never get such a blessing ;_;
Go join the Combat Engineers

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-05-19 at 23:51.
Old 2012-05-20, 07:26   Link #18452
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
I wonder how do I sign up for that.

(coincidentally I'm out of my job after the end of the month. )

Old 2012-05-20, 20:25   Link #18453
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
In before we MPs raid your camp for contraband.
Old 2012-05-20, 21:30   Link #18454
hao-sama

Send a message via MSN to hao-sama Send a message via Yahoo to hao-sama
v03-04 haimura notes. i was out yesterday so i wasn't able to post the trans from js06. anyway, here:

Quote:
VOLUME 3
http://r-s.sakura.ne.jp/w/n/mw3.jpg
>The cover for Volume 3. These were definitely the protagonists of this volume, so I made the daring decision to removed Kamijou and Index from the cover. Further down are some rejected roughs for the cover with explanations.

http://r-s.sakura.ne.jp/w/n/ilp20.jpg
>Accelerator, Misaka Mikoto, and Shirai Kuroko.
>At the time of Volume 3, Accelerator was a complete villain, so I came up with a design that would get that across at first glance.
>His motif was based off of a mouse and Eric from The Crow. The design of his shirt is based off of this face [a dead link] used in Devilman and Berserk.
>Lately a bit of the Joker from the Dark Knight might have been added in too.
>I had changed Mikoto's design slightly, so I redrew her here. The shortening of her skirt was just for fun.
>I simply based Kuroko's design on the text and this is what I got. There was no real influence for her design.

http://r-s.sakura.ne.jp/w/n/ilp20.jpg
>The Misaka Sisters. The only difference from Mikoto is in the eyes, the absence of blush on the cheeks, and the night vision goggles.
>I later decided the design of the goggles seen here was a bit lame, so I altered the design before doing the actual illustrations.
>There was no real problem with giving Mikoto and the Sisters the same base design, but since readers could easily get confused if they could not tell the characters apart when they were next to each other, I added a bit of individuality to the Sisters' eyes.

http://r-s.sakura.ne.jp/w/n/ilp22.jpg
>The changes to Himegami Aisa and Tsuchimikado Maika.
>The celtic cross around Himegami's neck was the only change and I simply based it on Index's badge.
>Since the rest of the female characters had hair in the semi-long to long range, I made Maika's short which befits a maid.
>I am much more carefree in my designs of characters like her and Kuroko that are not part of the main story.

http://r-s.sakura.ne.jp/w/n/t3_0.jpg
>I had some trouble with Volume 3's cover, so I'll describe the process here.
>This is my first attempt. Since this was sort of like a side story focusing on the Misaka sisters, I put Touma and Index in the background like side characters.
>I was a little unsure what I was doing at this point, so the image is pretty rough throughout.
>The color at the bottom is to remind me where the advertisement would be.

http://r-s.sakura.ne.jp/w/n/t3_1.jpg
>My second attempt. Since Index was not a main character in this novel, I removed her from the cover.
>I drew the two in the background with just outlines and color to contrast with the fully drawn two in the foreground.
>This one really isn't all that bad, but I was told it did not leave enough space for the title and credits and that it lacked the simple appeal of a cover.
>With that advice, I moved on to the 3rd design.

http://r-s.sakura.ne.jp/w/n/t3_2.jpg
>My third attempt. Using my 2nd attempt as a jumping off point, I cut it down to just the Misaka sisters.
>Because of Mikoto's personality, I decided it did not suit her to have her smiling, so I changed her expression.
>I felt the cover could lose its appeal if she looked too harsh, so I only made her look a bit indignant.
>This one was actually approved, but I was a bit reluctant to continue with dull straight-on shots like with Volumes 1 and 2, so I moved on to a fourth design.

http://r-s.sakura.ne.jp/w/n/t3_3.jpg
>The rough for the final design. While making sure to keep the faces of the characters plainly visible, I changed it to a bird's-eye view.
>I had assumed Kamijou and Index would always be at the center of the story, so when the focus of the story completely shifted to the Misakas in Volume 3, I think I was a bit taken aback. This long string of roughs does a good job of showing how confused I was.
>As a result, I ended up removing Kamijou and Index from the cover completely, but I feel that paid off in the long run.

VOLUME 4
http://r-s.sakura.ne.jp/w/n/mw4.jpg
>The cover for Volume 4. This time it's Kanzaki-san. Her age is relatively high for the Index world, so I gave this cover a bit more "adult" flavor. I did wonder if it didn't really fit in as an Index cover, though.
>By the way, I began making changes to designs where appropriate in Volume 4. Especially in the black and white illustrations. I started doing things like making slight alterations to match the specific situation.

http://r-s.sakura.ne.jp/w/n/ilp23.jpg
>Misha Kreuzhev and Hino Jinsaku. At this stage, my image of Misha had not quite come together, so a lot of her is rather arbitrary here.
>Jinsaku's design was pretty run down, so I had an easy time of drawing him. The source for his design was Gollum from Lord of the Rings.
>If you're wondering why, just read Volume 4.

http://r-s.sakura.ne.jp/w/n/ilp24.jpg
>Kamijou Touya and Tsuchimikado Motoharu. Touya is nothing more than a standard portrayal of a father, so I just drew him without any real source.
>In Tsuchimikado's rough, I followed the description in the novel of him having long arms, but in the illustrations it looked a bit creepy, so I ended up not representing that part of his description...

http://r-s.sakura.ne.jp/w/n/ilp25.jpg
>Misha Kreuzhev. I drew her as an alternate version of Index.
>Originally, she had a tall Russian hat, but I changed it to a hood to make her seem more like an alternate version of Index.

http://r-s.sakura.ne.jp/w/n/t4_0.jpg
>A rough for the cover. She is the only one on the cover, so I first went for giving a simple impression.
>This one was rejected because the position of her sword gave it poor balance and having her face the right did not lead one to open up the book.
>I wonder if this one would have worked if she had been facing the left and drawing her sword a bit more energetically.

http://r-s.sakura.ne.jp/w/n/t4_1.jpg
>Another rough for the cover. I changed it so the sword went straight down the page.
>Also, she is now facing left.
>Come to think of it, manga and illustrations are often facing to the left. I wonder if that is to draw the eye and make you open the page.
>And in American comics that are read from left to right, they often face to the right.

http://r-s.sakura.ne.jp/w/n/t4_2.jpg
>The rough for the final cover. I changed her position so she is facing more straight on to give more focus to the character.
>My basic plan did not change from beginning to end here, so even with multiple roughs, there was not that much change between stages.

Last edited by hao-sama; 2012-05-21 at 07:03.
Old 2012-05-21, 13:59   Link #18455
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Accelerator cosplaying as TDK Joker.

Halloween fic material right there.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2012-05-21, 14:09   Link #18456
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

... I forgot that my post a few minutes ago was invalid due to a connection problem... Oh well.

I was reading some posts in a certain thread over at Manga & Light Novels section and this had me thinking: Should there be a new thread over there to discuss Kamachi's works?

I'm looking at you two, desrtsku and Chaos...

Old 2012-05-22, 01:43   Link #18457
desrtsku
Nympholept

>.> *cough* *cough* yeah, I agree, we basically need a Kamachi works general discussion thread
Old 2012-05-22, 19:36   Link #18458
Acer
Death to the infidels!

sorry if this is not the right topic, but please what that means: http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-9701.html
Old 2012-05-22, 19:46   Link #18459
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^ It's a "Which Anime Series Would You Like to Have a Second Season?" thread.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2012-05-25, 01:04   Link #18460
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

By checking baka-tsuki, it looks like js06 is going to re-translate the volumes that he hasn't worked on himself. Right now some chaps of vol 1 got redone.... I was feeling like re-reading the whole series a few days ago, maybe I'll do it as he progresses through

In some cases this is a welcome change since some of the volumes are pretty rough and even come from the chinese version (Grandmaster? no thank you, Knight Leader), some of the pages even claim to use machine translator
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen