AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

View Poll Results: Who is the best girl?
Ichika 14 7.69%
Nino 30 16.48%
Miku 95 52.20%
Yotsuba 23 12.64%
Itsuki 18 9.89%
Other 2 1.10%
Voters: 182. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2018-12-09, 03:59   Link #1361
WingedAccelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK-95- View Post
I feel like there's way too much OOC behaviour from too many characters in a single chapter. (Miku, Yotsuba and Nino to be specific) I'm calling bullshit on this one. It's already compromising enough to have Nino in a just-barely acceptable state of desperation, but when you throw in the stuff with Yotsuba and Miku, it didn't just tip the scale, it broke it.

Now then, should this be considered PIS, CIS or a hybrid of both? Personally, I'd class Miku's actions as CIS and I'd put Nino and Yotsuba under PIS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJBlitzkrieg View Post
From the looks of it, Miku seems to have her own agenda that we don't know of yet, so I'd say we're better waiting for some introspection before calling bullshit.
TL;DR…
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
After reading spoilers...
Spoiler:
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-09, 12:45   Link #1362
shanimebib
Neo Venezia-jin

Don't we love it when the author of a manga that we cherish retweets a tweet from the past to show their support of a manga from another author that we also cherish?! ♡

https://twitter.com/negi_haruba/stat...30250425339904

Cannot wait!
Old 2018-12-09, 15:27   Link #1363
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
After reading spoilers...
Spoiler:
Precisely why I'm calling bullshit on this one.

Spoiler:
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-09, 16:55   Link #1364
Tenzen12

We don't know why she did it, so it's too soon about being OC or CIS. Maybe there is perfectly valid explanation (or not, but that's the point).
Old 2018-12-09, 21:09   Link #1365
Chosen_Hero

Man, Ninos crush has to be the most shallow I have ever seen: "I hate you to the point of getting you fired and drugging you multiple times, but you showed up on a motorcycle to pick me up so now I want you". Glad to see that Ichika also noticed the shallowness behind her motivations.

Man, the author is doing the most to not only keep Miku away from Fuutarou but to also not let her have any meaningful interactions, to the point that he is willing to actively have her act like an entirely different version of herself anytime she is near the guy. I get that she is being shy due to being in love, but she used to be able to talk to the guy, now she can barely be near him without overreacting to every little thing.

Seriously, I bet that if you do a comparison to how she acted before Nino started to hug the spotlight you would see a vast difference in her character. The last time we saw the actual Miku was either when they were taking care of the daughter of Ichika's boss or when she was making the chocolates.
Old 2018-12-09, 22:20   Link #1366
DJBlitzkrieg

Regarding Fake Itsuki, Like I said before I think we should wait for some introspection before jumping the gun.

Last edited by DJBlitzkrieg; 2018-12-10 at 00:20.
DJBlitzkrieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-10, 03:36   Link #1367
WingedAccelerator

The act itself should be considered OOC and/or CIS, even without an explanation. Real Itsuki probably hit the nail on the head, and the whole thing was meant for Fuutarou to think of them as friends now, since his tutoring job is over. So the OOC/CIS moment was using Itsuki's identity to change their current relationship, instead of telling Fuutarou directly what she wants.
Old 2018-12-10, 03:51   Link #1368
Tenzen12

Actually did she ever said she was Itsuki? I don't remember that exact scene, but it's not like quints originaly dressed like Itsuki just to mislead Fuutarou, right? And it's also truth that opportunity make a thief. Anonimity could give her just enough courage say things she wanted but couldn't.
Old 2018-12-10, 04:25   Link #1369
Ka-el

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Man, Ninos crush has to be the most shallow I have ever seen: "I hate you to the point of getting you fired and drugging you multiple times, but you showed up on a motorcycle to pick me up so now I want you". Glad to see that Ichika also noticed the shallowness behind her motivations.
Seriously? Have you read the manga? Nino liked him way before that moment but she kept thinking that what she was feeling wasn’t love, she repeated it many times in her head. The motorcycle moment was just the instant she accepted that it was love.
Ka-el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-10, 04:38   Link #1370
WingedAccelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Actually did she ever said she was Itsuki? I don't remember that exact scene, but it's not like quints originaly dressed like Itsuki just to mislead Fuutarou, right? And it's also truth that opportunity make a thief. Anonimity could give her just enough courage say things she wanted but couldn't.
She addressed him as Uesugi-kun, the same way Itsuki does. Shortly after Grandpa thew Fuutarou to the floor, she ran away. She had an opportunity to reveal herself later, but didn't do it. Negi slowly takes away everything that made her good.
Old 2018-12-10, 05:12   Link #1371
Tenzen12

There is no particular reason why she should reveal herself though. Given it was just matter of time before Fuutarou would realise everyone are 'Itsuki'. All she got is anonymity and didn't do real Itsuki any diservice.
Old 2018-12-10, 05:15   Link #1372
DJBlitzkrieg

Quote:
She had an opportunity to reveal herself later, but didn't do it. Negi slowly takes away everything that made her good.
By that point, Fuutarou had already started the quintuplet game with the five of them, judging what she told Itsuki in this chapter it seems that she used that as an opportunity to test Fuutarou too.

Quote:
Negi slowly takes away everything that made her good.
Lol, don't you think you're going a bit too far here? even if you do consider dumb/OOC whatever is currently happening, somehow there's still a basis for it and everything is still a build up to make her eventually regain her confidence.

Last edited by DJBlitzkrieg; 2018-12-10 at 07:30.
Old 2018-12-10, 11:40   Link #1373
WingedAccelerator

Quote:
By that point, Fuutarou had already started the quintuplet game with the five of them, judging what she told Itsuki in this chapter it seems that she used that as an opportunity to test Fuutarou too.
Spoiler:

Quote:
Lol, don't you think you're going a bit too far here? even if you do consider dumb/OOC whatever is currently happening, somehow there's still a basis for it and everything is still a build up to make her eventually regain her confidence.
Spoiler:
Old 2018-12-10, 12:53   Link #1374
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Spoiler for Spoiler:
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-10, 16:52   Link #1375
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ka-el View Post
Seriously? Have you read the manga? Nino liked him way before that moment but she kept thinking that what she was feeling wasn’t love, she repeated it many times in her head. The motorcycle moment was just the instant she accepted that it was love.
She literally tells Ichika that that was why she fell in love with him, also the reason Ichika looks pissed in the next panel since she noticed how shallow her crush is when compared her own and Miku's.
Old 2018-12-10, 20:31   Link #1376
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
She literally tells Ichika that that was why she fell in love with him, also the reason Ichika looks pissed in the next panel since she noticed how shallow her crush is when compared her own and Miku's.
Sorry, but I have to butt in here.

Just because Nino tells Ichika that doesn't mean it's actually what she herself feel. TThe entire chapter leading to the bike rides shows Nino being bothered about her growing feelings toward Fuutarou and trying to deny it, then finally accepting the truth and confessing at the end. Heck, even Miku seems to notice Nino being bothered about it.

Either that, or the author is copping out to make way for Ichika.
Old 2018-12-10, 21:57   Link #1377
SeaDoor

For me the story has become so tedious that I believe the best thing for all would be for them to go their separate ways and pretend that none of this ever happened.
SeaDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-10, 23:05   Link #1378
DJBlitzkrieg

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK-95- View Post
Spoiler for Spoiler:
Spoiler for .:

Last edited by DJBlitzkrieg; 2018-12-11 at 04:32.
Old 2018-12-11, 04:33   Link #1379
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
Sorry, but I have to butt in here.

Just because Nino tells Ichika that doesn't mean it's actually what she herself feel. TThe entire chapter leading to the bike rides shows Nino being bothered about her growing feelings toward Fuutarou and trying to deny it, then finally accepting the truth and confessing at the end. Heck, even Miku seems to notice Nino being bothered about it.

Either that, or the author is copping out to make way for Ichika.
In the same conversation when she sees Ichika's reaction Nino agrees that it is shallow but that she will still try to get him to fall for hed either way. It's in the chapter itself, maybe not in the same words but it is there.

The worst part is that this reads like the author is telling us that he knows it is shallow, but that he won't stop focusing on it, which is pretty messed up.
Old 2018-12-11, 07:20   Link #1380
WingedAccelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDoor View Post
For me the story has become so tedious that I believe the best thing for all would be for them to go their separate ways and pretend that none of this ever happened.
When you think about it, essentially what we see is probably the quints' last 2 years together, living under the same roof. Graduation and career building are gonna seperate them, while one of them gets Fuutarou as well. But the others will be still happy for them, because they are a family, and each of them had their shot.

Tags
dumpster fire, first girl after all, harem, privileged main heroine, quintuplets, retcon, student-tutor, train wreck