AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2015-01-07, 03:24   Link #21
Darkbacon
The Masked Panties

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasuke706 View Post
It's also weird how the 'main heroine' and Ikta seem to show no sexual interest in each other so far. This is particularly more surprising for Ikta, seeing as he tries to sleep with women all the time.
I just caught up to speed and I do have to say I'm curious as well. I mean in the beginning she said she knew his habits but maybe there is something with her family wanting her to marry into royalty or maybe they had that relationship at one time and it broke off?
Old 2015-01-10, 08:45   Link #22
Breimoon

Someone on 4chan made a summary for next part
Spoiler for raw summary:
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-10, 17:57   Link #23
ndiezel

Well, I want MC to become someone more than general and actually he'll look great as ruller of this country. Really with his level of intelligence he can organize many useful reforms and redhead looks perfect as his right hand.
ndiezel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-10, 18:33   Link #24
Darkbacon
The Masked Panties

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndiezel View Post
Well, I want MC to become someone more than general and actually he'll look great as ruller of this country. Really with his level of intelligence he can organize many useful reforms and redhead looks perfect as his right hand.
For some reason he reminds me of Sora from No Game No Life
Old 2015-01-16, 05:14   Link #25
Baltoferd

The first chapter of the manga has been translated.
Baltoferd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-16, 05:34   Link #26
anonfr

Oh no. I feel like I'm being drawn into a possibly heart wrenching story.

It does seem interesting though
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-20, 00:46   Link #27
larethian

Wanted to create a thread, but there's one which I missed apparently
Finally managed to find the time to resume reading this. Stopped after v3 previously after it wound down from the interconnected arcs between v2 and v3. Just started on v4 Sunday night and about a third into it. It has a long exposition and might be the most boring volume for this series.

If anyone here has read beyond, give a shoutout, as I'd have to leave this thread to avoid getting spoiled accidentally.

All my spoiler tags are up to v4 max.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDooM View Post
Just finished reading the second chapter.

Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatoneguy View Post
i have been reading this since the prologue was translated and i love it. i really hope that it gets more attention and people help with the translations so it will go faster. i am normally patient, but the three or four months that i will have to wait to get the next chapter is going to kill me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
I tried to read it in July, the japanese level is so freaking hard it's unbelievable. I don't know how good is the traduction but good luck for him.
I have to take some responsibility, since I was the one who nudged the translator to work on this instead of helping me with Alice (which I already caught up with ). Btw, translator is FEMALE. So be nice On the bright side, no one would have started this if she hasn't.
I'm very tempted to help but I won't at the moment for 2 reasons:
- working on Seraph lazily at the moment
- I don't want to have my time to suckered into this as it's non trivial to TL
The flow part of the style is a little similar to Mahouka, in the aspect of frequent use and multiple use of negations. Which makes it hard to do any kind of speed reading . Author also likes to use bombastic words for the simplest of things (not as offending as Mahouka though). Which is kind of nice to keep my vocab sharp before I lose what I learnt. But reading is one thing; this won't be trivial to translate. So don't complain too much, especially the ingrates on 4chan. I did try to TLC a little out of boredom but went back to work on Seraph after a while. And I can agree that a bunch of TLC fixing + editing is needed. Another reason why the translation may seem slow is that the chapters are long and a volume is slightly longer than the average LN (maybe about 30% or more pages).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack View Post
This is a fairly interesting series. I love Ikta's character the most. The magic system is a little strange, not as imaginative as I think it could've been. Then again, it's only been translated to the 2nd chapter of the novel.
This is actually an extremely good and interesting series. I tried to find fault with it. But many of the faults I found got addressed in later chapters or volumes (like balance of view during war, and relationship between certain characters). I may write a review on it once I catch up to v6.
And btw, it's not really a magic system. There is zero magic in the series, unless you consider fairy/elemental spirit resurrection to be magic. The spirit partners are more like 'tools' that supplement their tech. In this way, this series is very different from Vanadis and Rakuin no Monshou. No dragons or super powers that can tip the scales in favor of one side. Though religion vs science is one of the main themes in this series. Tactics on tech utilization, psychology, terrain, troop composition, etc. etc. is what makes this a top notch Senki series imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Joe View Post
Not main cast but yeah some moe character is kill.
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack View Post
I almost wanted to say that's too bad. Hopefully, her character becomes a little more redeemable; there's definitely potential there. While I'm somewhat sympathetic to her character, the way she treated Ikta kinda ticked me off. Actually, aside from Ikta and Haro my mind is looking at the other characters with a negative light. That light will probably disappear once their characters are expanded and developed, but for now, I'm just feeling "ugh..." towards this feudalistic society - the idiot king and his advisers and the nobles that follow them. I almost want Ikta to start a revolution - almost, because I know next to nothing about the other country aside from they're winning.

I'm sure other people may feel differently.
Despite who she is, Princess Chamille is just a kid. She just wanted to one-up Ikta.
Spoiler for future content:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasuke706 View Post
I have to agree that I'm enjoying this more than I thought I would be. I'll have to read ahead on my own if it doesn't look too bad.
Spoiler for :
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkbacon View Post
I just caught up to speed and I do have to say I'm curious as well. I mean in the beginning she said she knew his habits but maybe there is something with her family wanting her to marry into royalty or maybe they had that relationship at one time and it broke off?
Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler:
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-20, 02:36   Link #28
ndiezel

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Spoiler:
You don't have to have mind of ruler to control country. Look at modern politicians! Do they look like kings/emperors/nobility? Ikta looks good as manager of country on the contrary we see some ambitious kid (princess) that try to show her superiority when it doesn't matter. If I was citizen I'd preffer MC that understand what is he doing.
Old 2015-01-20, 20:32   Link #29
thatoneguy

i really hope that something happens between Ikta and Yatori eventually because while i like action and war and stuff in a light novel i also list decent romance as a requirement or the series just seems to get boring.
Old 2015-01-21, 02:17   Link #30
larethian

Quote:
You don't have to have mind of ruler to control country. Look at modern politicians! Do they look like kings/emperors/nobility? Ikta looks good as manager of country on the contrary we see some ambitious kid (princess) that try to show her superiority when it doesn't matter. If I was citizen I'd preffer MC that understand what is he doing.
I was not talking about whether Ikta has the capabilities to rule a country or not. I was just saying he's not the ruling type. He isn't the type who wants responsibilities or even the desire to lead a country. In fact, he doesn't even have the desire to change this rotten country with his abilities, and just want to laze around. And you are prejudging Chamille. She isn't trying to show her superiority but trying to please Ikta albeit in the wrong way. You must also give a discount on certain things due to her age. Anyway, things will be revealed later about her motivations. Also, the formation of the Knights team that comprise of the main characters and act almost like the personal entourage of the princess. Plenty of foreshadowing down there.

Spoiler for some stuff from v4:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatoneguy View Post
i really hope that something happens between Ikta and Yatori eventually because while i like action and war and stuff in a light novel i also list decent romance as a requirement or the series just seems to get boring.
In that case, you should read Raukin no Monshou. One of the charm points from some reviewers is the friendship factor depicted in Alderamin. Actually the lack of romance was a concern from 2ch-ers, but it isn't really that big a factor it seems. But who knows, I'm still catching up. Seems like this series is going to be long and author is taking his time to write his novels. Or maybe it was due to the illustrator issue shrug. Anyway, trust me on this, it won't be boring at all even with the lack of romance for now.

Key points of preceding volumes from distant memory (some details might be fuzzy in my memory):
Spoiler for volume 1 remaining key points:

Spoiler for some volume 2 key points:

Spoiler for some volume 3 key points:

Last edited by larethian; 2015-01-21 at 03:19.
Old 2015-01-21, 04:42   Link #31
ndiezel

Quote:
Spoiler for :
Wow. What is done can't be undone. So as I can see Ikta will be commander in chief or chief of staff at max.

Last edited by ndiezel; 2015-01-21 at 22:15.
Old 2015-01-21, 21:18   Link #32
larethian

Quote:
Wow. What is done can't be undone. So as I can see Ikta will be commander in chief or chief of staff at max.
Can I request spoiler tags be kept in quotes and replies that directly comment on spoilers that may spoil others be tagged? I don't want to spoil people who wants to read raws or waiting for translated content on their own. I won't feel like dishing out summaries or spoilers otherwise.

Spoiler for reply on details:

As I'm reading, I hear Mizuki Nana's voice whenever Yatori speaks (maybe because Cross Ange), and Matsuoka Yoshitsugu as Ikta.
Old 2015-01-21, 22:24   Link #33
ndiezel

Quote:
Can I request spoiler tags be kept in quotes and replies that directly comment on spoilers that may spoil others be tagged? I don't want to spoil people who wants to read raws or waiting for translated content on their own. I won't feel like dishing out summaries or spoilers otherwise.

Spoiler for reply on details:

As I'm reading, I hear Mizuki Nana's voice whenever Yatori speaks (maybe because Cross Ange), and Matsuoka Yoshitsugu as Ikta.
I just forgot it was under spoiler, so massive your text was
Spoiler for :
Old 2015-01-22, 01:00   Link #34
larethian

Quote:
I just forgot it was under spoiler, so massive your text was
Spoiler for :
Spoiler for reply:
Old 2015-01-22, 03:51   Link #35
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Thanks for the summary larethian !
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-23, 05:12   Link #36
larethian

Spoiler for major flaw I found:

Spoiler for volume 4 key points:
Old 2015-01-26, 04:32   Link #37
larethian

Note rhat sarazafu is actually Sazaruufu. Oops. Bad for depending on memory and not checking. Too lazy to go back and change on mobile.

Just finished v5 and my MIND IS BLOWN!!! No time to do summaries yet. I take back 70% of what I said about character developments since there is a lot more character development than before since v4.

I just can't help to post some of the awesome developments in v5.

Spoiler for JEEZ for v5:

Last edited by larethian; 2015-02-15 at 08:06.
Old 2015-01-26, 04:39   Link #38
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Thanks for the infos
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-26, 05:50   Link #39
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Note rhat sarazafu is actually Sazaruufu. Oops. Bad for depending on memory and not checking. Too lazy to go back and change on mobile.

Just finished v5 and my MIND IS BLOWN!!! No time to do summaries yet. I take back 70% of what I said about character developments since there is a lot more character development than before since v4.

I just can't help to post some of the awesome developments in v5.

Spoiler for JEEZ for v5:
Spoiler for question:
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-26, 06:36   Link #40
ndiezel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Connection View Post
Spoiler for question:
Coz Empire didn't invested in mining but in agriculture, that backfired so hard at their economy that they couldn't bear it any longer.

Tags
fantasy, historical, military science fiction, statecraft, tearjerker, tragedy