AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-05-20, 17:52   Link #61
Kaitou.DarK
Wanna-be Kaitou!

Send a message via AIM to Kaitou.DarK
Vile blasphemous monkeys! I know this has been stated, but uh..anywhere you can find a .avi or .mov or any other type of format for the trailer? I believe .ram may be RealPlayer, but not too sure. I'm not too keen on downloading RealPlayer at any rate.
Kaitou.DarK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-20, 18:09   Link #62
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Oh my gosh, I'm so psyched about this series. The swordfights in episode 1 are unbelievably amazing, and I love how they handle scene transitions. I had no idea what was going on, but I honestly couldn't care. Samurai Champloo is too damn cool for me to put its awesomeness into words.
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-20, 18:17   Link #63
Gold_Rogers
Famous Dead Pirate

I'm having trouble finding the words to describe this...

simply...

AMAZING!!

Oh my god I'm gonna have a heart attack...
Gold_Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-20, 19:08   Link #64
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold_Rogers
Oh my god I'm gonna have a heart attack...
That's exactly how I feel! I seriously don't know if I can take this, lol.
Old 2004-05-20, 20:19   Link #65
Kaitou.DarK
Wanna-be Kaitou!

BLAST YOU ALL WHO HAVE RAWs! *can't seem to find any*
Old 2004-05-20, 21:14   Link #66
Autumn

Quote:
BLAST YOU ALL WHO HAVE RAWs! *can't seem to find any*
You can find the torrent at anime.mircx.com.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-20, 21:44   Link #67
Lunchboxx

Send a message via AIM to Lunchboxx Send a message via MSN to Lunchboxx Send a message via Yahoo to Lunchboxx
I got the raw...but I didn't watch the whole thing just skipped ahead to fights and what not, figured I'd save the other stuff for when someone subs it or it comes out here.

I thought the CHaracter design, Fighting, Animation, and pretty much everything else was amazing(but what do ya exepect fromt eh bebop people)....but I found the Opening song to be realy bad, its not becuase i dislike rap, its just that the song just sounded really bad and it didn't go well with the movement that was going on in the OP, also during the fight in the restrant i thought that turntable thing was really anoying, but these are bolth very minor flaws for me that can not take away the awsomeness that this is going to be .
Lunchboxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-20, 22:01   Link #68
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
I wonder if Nabeshin will make a guest appearance in this series, He seems to make a appearance in every Watanabe show

Nabeshin is the bomb! AFRO POWER! Yeah baby! X'D
Komataguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-20, 22:07   Link #69
Youko Recca
Breakdancing Samurai

It owned. From OP to ED it owned extrmely hard.
Youko Recca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-20, 22:18   Link #70
Yakuza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komataguri
I wonder if Nabeshin will make a guest appearance in this series, He seems to make a appearance in every Watanabe show

Nabeshin is the bomb! AFRO POWER! Yeah baby! X'D
Nabeshin does indeed rock, however he has nothing to do with Samurai Champloo or Cowboy Bebop.

People often make this mistake.

Shinichiro Watanabe = Director/Creator of Cowbow Bebop, etc.

Shinichi Watanabe = Nabeshin = director/producer of Excel Saga, Puni Puni Poemi, and others.

Here's Nabeshin's personal webpage!

http://www.geocities.co.jp/Playtown-Denei/7636/

Yakuza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-20, 22:22   Link #71
silentpixel
Champloo Addict

Send a message via AIM to silentpixel Send a message via MSN to silentpixel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunchboxx
I got the raw...but I didn't watch the whole thing just skipped ahead to fights and what not, figured I'd save the other stuff for when someone subs it or it comes out here.

I thought the CHaracter design, Fighting, Animation, and pretty much everything else was amazing(but what do ya exepect fromt eh bebop people)....but I found the Opening song to be realy bad, its not becuase i dislike rap, its just that the song just sounded really bad and it didn't go well with the movement that was going on in the OP, also during the fight in the restrant i thought that turntable thing was really anoying, but these are bolth very minor flaws for me that can not take away the awsomeness that this is going to be .
I liked the OP. in fact ive been listening to it all day lol.
silentpixel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-20, 22:31   Link #72
Youko Recca
Breakdancing Samurai

Ditto. That OP is very good.
Youko Recca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-20, 22:33   Link #73
Spooky-Electric

Mugen has the coolest fighting style ever.

That break-dancing kicks ass.
Spooky-Electric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-20, 23:38   Link #74
Kaitou.DarK
Wanna-be Kaitou!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky-Electric
Mugen has the coolest fighting style ever.

That break-dancing kicks ass.
I wish I could breakdance. Unfortunately, sitting in my house simply adds to my pale, scrawny exterior with absolutely no excercise whatsoever.

On the bright side: I want Samurai Champloo on DVD NOW!
Old 2004-05-21, 07:36   Link #75
Kyoji
I WANT MORE MILK!

Mugens armoured sandal things were great
and his sword is great too

GREAT GREAT GREAT
SAMURAI CHAMPLOOOOOOO
Kyoji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-21, 09:20   Link #76
nubby

I just finished watching the raw. It looks pretty good and I'm looking forward to eps 2. The only thing I didn't like was the stupid ass remix, turntable, or whatever you want call it crap of the video. The second half of eps 1 without the remix was better.
nubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-21, 09:52   Link #77
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubby
I just finished watching the raw. It looks pretty good and I'm looking forward to eps 2. The only thing I didn't like was the stupid ass remix, turntable, or whatever you want call it crap of the video. The second half of eps 1 without the remix was better.
You mean the scratching? Personally, I thought it was an immensely clever way to create interesting scene transitions that fit in with the show's overall vibe.
Old 2004-05-21, 10:08   Link #78
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakuza
Nabeshin does indeed rock, however he has nothing to do with Samurai Champloo or Cowboy Bebop.

People often make this mistake.

Shinichiro Watanabe = Director/Creator of Cowbow Bebop, etc.

Shinichi Watanabe = Nabeshin = director/producer of Excel Saga, Puni Puni Poemi, and others.

Here's Nabeshin's personal webpage!

http://www.geocities.co.jp/Playtown-Denei/7636/

I'm big enough to admit I made a mistake, thanks for pointing it out.
Komataguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-21, 10:12   Link #79
jennwenn

Samurai Champloo only seemed okay to me so far. The style is cool, but I need a few more episodes to see if I like the characters or the story. The best way to describe this series is hip-hop meets samurai, like someone else said. I'm not really into hip-hop...

There are funny anachronisms, like the punk who's yukata had Addias stripes, as if it were a tracksuit. Or the guy's sunglasses, the fro, break-dance sword-fights, D-J hip-hop soundtrack.

It will probably remind many people of Tarantino films, since Tarantino also takes a cool music+cool action style like Watanabe does. There are probably a few Japanese film references/stylistic patterns thrown in Samurai Champloo that I can't pick up because I haven't seem many samurai flicks.

Its really different from Cowboy Bebop, in character and style.

What the heck does Champloo mean?
jennwenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-21, 10:52   Link #80
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennwenn
Samurai Champloo only seemed okay to me so far. The style is cool, but I need a few more episodes to see if I like the characters or the story. The best way to describe this series is hip-hop meets samurai, like someone else said. I'm not really into hip-hop...

There are funny anachronisms, like the punk who's yukata had Addias stripes, as if it were a tracksuit. Or the guy's sunglasses, the fro, break-dance sword-fights, D-J hip-hop soundtrack.

It will probably remind many people of Tarantino films, since Tarantino also takes a cool music+cool action style like Watanabe does. There are probably a few Japanese film references/stylistic patterns thrown in Samurai Champloo that I can't pick up because I haven't seem many samurai flicks.
If its sneak references to modernalities (e.g. the tracksuit), its enjoyable. However for language, it does make me pause in enjoying this series when the medievals start saying "top class" (yes that was said). Did the English language even use that in the late 1800s?!

And I'm relieved to note I'm not alone in thinking their "scratching" transitions were not a good idea. It makes the transition seem too disjarring (i.e. not smooth). Best examples being the Mugen fight -> Jin fight.

Got a chuckle how Mugen asked for 50 Dangos to beat the louts out but Fuu instead offered 100 at the end but Mugen completely messed up his maths in counting Dango per head

Quote:
What the heck does Champloo mean?
I had written up translations of their official character bios. Mugen's description explains what the heck Champloo is.

Check it out: http://www.anime-source.com/banzai/m...ed634dcc43c9f0
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, historical