AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-07-04, 18:20   Link #21
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Still getting a feel for Kotori but she's a good character. Best part was her freaking out while leaving that message for her mother.
I could relate to that so much. I used to call my mother while cooking so often, going "omg what do I do now?" I'm not sure how I feel about Kotori yet, but that scene, and the one where she's just so happy that the meal turned out all right, were golden.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-04, 18:43   Link #22
nojay
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
OMG TEH CUET!! Tsumugi is the most adorable thing in the morning at all times!
How can a creature comprised of hair 80% of its all-up body weight live and breathe (and eat)?
Old 2016-07-04, 19:32   Link #23
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

This is just so cute but the dad looks like his going to lose it in the begining
Old 2016-07-04, 20:50   Link #24
Irenesharda

That was the cutest thing this season so far. I love that little girl! Tsumugi is so adorable!
And I honestly cried trying to see the dad struggle to take care of his daughter and the way she can't understand what happened to her mom.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-04, 21:58   Link #25
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

I enjoyed this and I appreciate that they showed the girl sitting in the car seat in the back (I think) when her dad was driving. I do have a little problem figuring out how old the daughter is. She acts kind of like my 3 years old niece, looks kind of like my 5 years old niece and sounds kind of like my 10 years old niece.
Grifis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-04, 22:27   Link #26
Wandering Soul

This was an extremely cute episode with some sweet and heartwarming moments. Tsumugi is just too cute.

Kouta has quite the struggle in front of him and I felt for him. As for Kotori, she seems like she will a good character. That message she left for her mom was funny, but luckily she managed to do a good job anyway.
Old 2016-07-04, 22:47   Link #27
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I'm really thankful that we've been getting a lot more shows like this now. I really miss watching children actual be children as opposed to those being forced to mature beyond their years, being forced into mature settings or otherwise... well... exploitative situations.

Kids just being kids. In an ideal world this would be how things are.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-04, 22:56   Link #28
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifis View Post
I enjoyed this and I appreciate that they showed the girl sitting in the car seat in the back (I think) when her dad was driving. I do have a little problem figuring out how old the daughter is. She acts kind of like my 3 years old niece, looks kind of like my 5 years old niece and sounds kind of like my 10 years old niece.
Well considering she's wearing the little blue smock thing in class and the teachers are also wearing aprons, I think that's kindergarten or preschool and I'm going to say that she is no more than 5.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-05, 00:51   Link #29
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep1:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-05, 02:24   Link #30
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Very cute.

I don't know how fair that is, but I can't help but be angry at the dad. You daughter's lost her appetite! Do something! How hard can it be to just do something fresh?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-05, 02:40   Link #31
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Very cute.

I don't know how fair that is, but I can't help but be angry at the dad. You daughter's lost her appetite! Do something! How hard can it be to just do something fresh?
It was shown how busy he was, and that while he didn't know what to do, he did react quickly enough when his daughter lost her appetite by taking her to a restaurant.

We're lucky that even one of the parents showed up, considering how most series don't even show parents at all

As for the first episode, it was indeed very cute, reminds me of that kid from bakaramon. Will definitely watch the next few episodes
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-05, 03:02   Link #32
rladls2121

I feel weak watching this, all the burdens on the father might be heavier than it looks.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-05, 03:11   Link #33
kuromitsu

Quote:
Very hard. I rarely have the time and/or energy to cook for myself, especially as I've never been a "kitchen person". This dad is an overworked teacher (who, let's not forget, is still pulling himself together after his wife's death) who also has to take care of a small kid with lots of energy, I find it pretty believable that he simply doesn't have enough energy or time left to cook.

Generally I think the set-up is pretty believable, which is why I'm side-eyeing the whole Kotori's-crush-on-Kouhei subplot. On her own Kotori is fine, even having a crush on a teacher is fine, but I can't help finding the whole "let's go to your home and make food together" angle fairly creepy even though it was probably not meant to be.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-05, 03:33   Link #34
Ulin

Spoiler for place of cooking:
Ulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-05, 05:32   Link #35
Yamada II

Episode 1

This was pretty good. I feel sorry for the poor little Tsugumi. She's a little girl with no mother and her teacher father is raising her alone. And being a working man he doesn't have time to learn how to cook so he got by with store bought food. But seeing how happy Tsugumi was after eating something better tasting he decides to try and cook better food for her. Inuzuka is juggling between his work and raising his child as an only parent which, of course, is difficult for him since he can't ignore his work or his child. Kotori was cute. She tried to act all cool so that the little girl doesn't get disappointed and tried to cook rice when she didn't know what to do.

I think I teared up a bit when Tsugumi ate that good tasting rice with her father after a long time. This is such a nice show. The comedy is also good enough here and it will be nice seeing Inuzuka trying to make his daughter happy. It seems like either he didn't tell Tsugumi about the death of her mother or that he said something like "she's gone to some faraway place and won't come back" and Tsugumi didn't get what he meant or Tsugumi doesn't understand what death is or something else (because Tsugumi said something like let's ask mom to make some good food). Would be pretty emotional if they show Tsugumi learning about the death of her mother. Definitely looking forward to more here.
Yamada II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-05, 06:18   Link #36
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
It was shown how busy he was, and that while he didn't know what to do, he did react quickly enough when his daughter lost her appetite by taking her to a restaurant.
My impression is that it's been an ongoing issue till he finally couldn't rationalize not doing anything about it anymore, when he caught her with the TV. I mean, six months of convenience store meals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Very hard. I rarely have the time and/or energy to cook for myself, especially as I've never been a "kitchen person". This dad is an overworked teacher (who, let's not forget, is still pulling himself together after his wife's death) who also has to take care of a small kid with lots of energy, I find it pretty believable that he simply doesn't have enough energy or time left to cook.
Making rice in a rice cooker and roasting a couple of chicken thighs represents less than five minutes of prep time. I'm not asking for anything elaborate, but something that goes directly from the pan to the plate would make a difference.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-05, 07:40   Link #37
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
My impression is that it's been an ongoing issue till he finally couldn't rationalize not doing anything about it anymore, when he caught her with the TV. I mean, six months of convenience store meals?
He was cooking those hamburgers at the start, which meant that while they didn't have "proper" home cooked meals all the time the kid almost always had his father's hamburger patties, and it was even mentioned that it was the kid's favorite.

They were eating convenience store meals I think only during dinner, when the father was running late and doesn't have time to cook. A few days of that type of meal and the kid predictably loses her appetite. When he saw her watching that infomercial (and asking her mother for meat) that's when he realized what was happening and took her to the restaurant.

That was my interpretation anyway, if it did turn out that they were eating only convenience store meals for 6 months then that's kind of borderline child neglect
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-05, 07:58   Link #38
Shlugo

I loved the first episode. Tsugumi is adorable and one of the best representation of children I've seen. I really feel sorry for her. Her mom died, her father is working long hours and she has to eat convenience store packed meals. And yet, she's so cheerful and nice. Every parent would wish to have a child like that.

I also like Kotori, she wants to learn to cook so badly, but her mother is not around to teach her. And she's hilarious.

This is definitely the slice of life anime of the season. Now I just have to buy some insulin to get me through this.
Shlugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-05, 08:30   Link #39
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:

Making rice in a rice cooker and roasting a couple of chicken thighs represents less than five minutes of prep time. I'm not asking for anything elaborate, but something that goes directly from the pan to the plate would make a difference.
Try being a young single parent who has zero knowledge on cooking.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-05, 08:44   Link #40
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

wtf is up with this show, loved the first episode so i started the manga, every time she says mommy i tear up wth is wrong with me

Tags
cooking, slice of life