AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2008-04-30, 21:42   Link #701
Mr VacBob
yotsuba channel

Send a message via AIM to Mr VacBob
I'll look at it next week when I can torrent.
Old 2008-05-01, 02:31   Link #702
Kaonashi

Send a message via MSN to Kaonashi
About that problem with the font, here's what the MPlayer mailing-list has to say:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evgeniy Stepanov
That's because font family is 'Ottawa', not 'Ottawa Bold'.

I've fixed it in svn r26623 in a slightly hackish way. It might break with
some other fonts, but, IMO, very unlikely.
Old 2008-05-01, 12:06   Link #703
Ryoujin
What?

It's not common to see this, at least on my side, so I wondered if I should ask. Not sure if they are doing it intentionally, but why would it seem that the font is stretched?

I'm using that latest modified MPlayer (probably been using it for almost a year or something). Keep in mind that the screenshot is proportional, so if you notice it takes almost the whole screen (from side to side). It's a MKV release, 1,280 x 720.

Old 2008-05-01, 12:31   Link #704
Mr VacBob
yotsuba channel

Send a message via AIM to Mr VacBob
There's a typo in the header (stray line with a [ in it) that messed up the parser. I fixed it in the next Perian release, but I don't remember if mplayer works with it now.
Old 2008-05-01, 13:50   Link #705
Ryoujin
What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr VacBob View Post
There's a typo in the header (stray line with a [ in it) that messed up the parser. I fixed it in the next Perian release, but I don't remember if mplayer works with it now.
That worked out for me, much much better.

With MPlayer

With Quicktime+Perian

Old 2008-05-01, 23:44   Link #706
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaonashi View Post
About that problem with the font, here's what the MPlayer mailing-list has to say:
Hm, if it was indeed fixed through an svn commit, someone got rid of that change afterwards. SVN mplayer as of tonight still gets it wrong. I'm sure it's being worked on.

Last edited by Discerptor; 2008-05-02 at 11:19.
Old 2008-05-02, 19:13   Link #707
MEDiAHORAN
RYL addicted

Hi, I have a little problem with mplayer I want to edit the seek time so I went to my home directory and the hidden .mplayer folder which contains a config file. So I created a new file called input.conf and wrote
Code:
RIGHT seek +3
LEFT seek -3
but the problem is that only the first line is working.

"The format of the config file is one binding per line, and # are comments.
Format
KEY<space>COMMAND<space>PARAMETER
Example: RIGHT seek +10"

Obviously I want both to work, any ideas? Thanks in advance!
Old 2008-05-03, 10:52   Link #708
umeet

My subs comes about 1 sec before the audio. I've tried to use x and z to change the sub delay, but it doesnt seem to work ^^.
Old 2008-05-03, 13:13   Link #709
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

Quote:
Originally Posted by umeet View Post
My subs comes about 1 sec before the audio. I've tried to use x and z to change the sub delay, but it doesnt seem to work ^^.
If you're absolutely sure it's not the subbers just being sloppy, use the parameter "-correct-pts". Also, you are sing the standard three you need for softsubs to display correctly, right?

-ass
-embeddedfonts
-fontconfig
Old 2008-05-03, 13:37   Link #710
silencelost

Nice mplayer version on mac subs look much better now.

One thing that still annoys me though... is it possible to stop mplayer resizing the window everytime it opens a new file? Even when it loads the next video in fullscreen... it comes out of full screen and then resizes.

Anyone know how to disable this?

Thanks
Old 2008-05-05, 05:08   Link #711
Nonezumi

Quote:
Originally Posted by silencelost View Post
Nice mplayer version on mac subs look much better now.

One thing that still annoys me though... is it possible to stop mplayer resizing the window everytime it opens a new file? Even when it loads the next video in fullscreen... it comes out of full screen and then resizes.

Anyone know how to disable this?

Thanks
It's just the way it functions. There isn't currently a way of keeping the window size the same when you open a new movie. You can just about disable it by using Corevideo (Beta) instead, but that'll mean you'll have two separate windows.
Old 2008-05-06, 12:02   Link #712
blueorange

I'm having the same problem as Ryoujin (look at his screenshots a few posts up) with AonE-Gekkostate-Menclave's Macross Frontier. The font is HUGE and all wrong. The same thing happens with Syndicate-Menclave's Code Geass. I'm using my own svn build 26677. It was happening in earlier builds as well.

The font in the releases is Bell Gothic.

Any help?
Old 2008-05-06, 13:55   Link #713
pho_king
Inactive Member

I'm on a powerbook g4, 1.6 ghz and 1gb ram, and i've followed the directions for mplayer and quicktime+perian, but the playback of 1280x1080p vidoes, specifically Gattai's Macross Frontier is laggy. i've set mplayer to drop frames, but alas it is still slow in some parts. is my computer too slow to run these HD releases?
Old 2008-05-06, 14:41   Link #714
iamtetsuo
Thinking Different Member
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to iamtetsuo
Quote:
Originally Posted by pho_king View Post
I'm on a powerbook g4, 1.6 ghz and 1gb ram, and i've followed the directions for mplayer and quicktime+perian, but the playback of 1280x1080p vidoes, specifically Gattai's Macross Frontier is laggy. i've set mplayer to drop frames, but alas it is still slow in some parts. is my computer too slow to run these HD releases?
It might be. Make sure that you have nothing else running, including Dashboard. I'v found that if you've opened Dashboard it really bogs down any video playback. And the only way to get the Dashboard widgets to stop hogging resources is to restart.
Old 2008-05-06, 20:24   Link #715
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

Quote:
Originally Posted by pho_king View Post
Yes, your computer is too slow to play those without lagging. I used to use a PowerBook with the same specs. Sadly, PPC optimisations for libav are not as worked on as they could be.
Old 2008-05-09, 07:34   Link #716
blueorange

I have some more information about my subtitle problem...

Earlier I mentioned that the subtitles of [AonE-Gekkostate-Menclave] Macross Frontier and [Syndicate-Menclave] Code Geass when rendered in mplayer look way off.

I noticed that in episode 3 of Code Geass the subtitles are displaying correctly. I extracted the subtitles with mkvextract and noticed several different values. I changed these values with the previous episodes and I can make them display correctly.

I was also able to make Macross Frontier subtitles look like they do in MPC on Windows. I'm less happy with this fix because it involved changing the xres and yres of the font, so if you played it back in MPC it would look messed up. The Code Geass fixed should playback nice in both.

Here are some screens...
Original Geass subs in mplayer
Spoiler:

Fixed Geass subs in mplayer
Spoiler:

Comparison shot of Quicktime + Perian
Spoiler:

Original Macross Frontier subs in mplayer
Spoiler:

Fixed subs in mplayer (still not exactly right, but what the hell)
Spoiler:

Comparison of Quicktime + Perian
Spoiler:

Comparison in MPC
Spoiler:

So, either mplayer has trouble with the .ass files, because it looks normal in mpc, or it is subbers not making their files compatible, like only writing websites for IE.

What do you think?

Last edited by blueorange; 2008-05-09 at 07:50. Reason: spoiler tags around images and spelling
Old 2008-05-21, 07:28   Link #717
m0rris

I've been working on a Mac OS X media player that may be of interest to you. I'm currently looking for beta testers to look for bugs and suggest additional functionality.

The player is called Spiral and runs on 10.5 only. It's based on QuickTime, so Perian is highly recommended for format support. Nightly builds are available at http://www.zankasoftware.com/nightly/. I appreciate any feedback.
Old 2008-06-03, 07:21   Link #718
Avantoe
In Memories
*Graphic Designer

I might be a complete retard, but for some reason i cant manage to make Perian work.

I downloaded the program and installed it as mentioned on the program file, but when i try to open a .mkv file with Quicktime i just get the response that its not a valid video format. Please help :s
Old 2008-06-03, 09:34   Link #719
sk3

That's strange indeed!

Have you fully updated your system?

What system are you running? In any case try uninstalling and installing again.

Perian, usually works flawlessly after install but bugs can happen lol. In my case it installed without any problem (i was using the old version 1.0 before 1.1).

Try to check for updates and then reinstall Perian
Old 2008-06-03, 13:29   Link #720
Avantoe
In Memories
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk3 View Post
That's strange indeed!

Have you fully updated your system?

What system are you running? In any case try uninstalling and installing again.

Perian, usually works flawlessly after install but bugs can happen lol. In my case it installed without any problem (i was using the old version 1.0 before 1.1).

Try to check for updates and then reinstall Perian
Okey thx it worked, now to the second problem Quicktime laggs shit! Dont know if its a problem caused by Perian or just some other reason.

Anyway i tried installing Mplayer, but for some reason Mplayer doesnt want to play the subtitles :/ any help on that ?

Thx

Tags
fansubs, mac, wiki candidate