AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2013-06-01, 01:09   Link #3561
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

There was a memo? I didn't get a memo. Who's been giving out memos and why wasn't I given one! There's something wrong here. There's a glitch in the matrix.

MOM!

And stop slapping me, it huuuuuuuuuurts~
SmokinFerret88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-01, 01:12   Link #3562
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Enjoy yourself.

Damn I wish Star Wars and Star Trek would stop sapping my time. I need to write more Tarou!!

EDIT:

I need to run something past you guys:

He passed a honey-headed Tokiwadaian on his way in, paying no real heed to even her baggy knee socks and rolled skirt because she didn’t have much in the way of chestitude. And because she had that Judgement tag on her arm. That told him she was useless, since if Judgement was even half as competent as he, Tarou would not be so busy with mere errands.

This is on July 16, when Misaka is masquerading as a Judgement officer, and this was my best attempt at hinting at Tainaka passing Misaka. Could I chuck any more details in that paragraph without coming off as desperate lampshading?
Old 2013-06-01, 01:19   Link #3563
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Try for AIM resonance. Level 5 electromaster and someone with Metal Control AIM... something's got to happen.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-01, 01:21   Link #3564
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

I intend to since i'm here.

Btw, I'm not really sure if this can be classified as a Mugino/Touma inspired theme for the couple....but oddly enough I picture this pairing when I hear Demi Lovato's song Heart Attack.

I have no idea why, but I find it oddly fitting....along with it being a good theme for a Touma/Misaka pairing.

Quote:
This is on July 16, when Misaka is masquerading as a Judgement officer, and this was my best attempt at hinting at Tainaka passing Misaka. Could I chuck any more details in that paragraph without coming off as desperate lampshading?
I'll get back to you on that once my head clears up a bit.
Old 2013-06-01, 01:30   Link #3565
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Try for AIM resonance. Level 5 electromaster and someone with Metal Control AIM... something's got to happen.
If only there weren’t so much inneudo in it, I’d have said your idea suggest things would be absolutely shocking!
Old 2013-06-01, 01:37   Link #3566
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Please excuse me while I go take shower. =___=
Old 2013-06-01, 01:44   Link #3567
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

You're excused.

He jumped for a moment, as a surge of static discharge blazed through his metal particulate AIM field. The jolt also caught the eye of a passer-by - A honey-headed Tokiwadaian in baggy knee socks and rolled skirt.

Tainaka’s mind paused time again as he synthesized his environment. To a lay person, the air was just that, air. But to two espers, its overlapped AIM fields. What just happened was the equivalent of lightning striking a Faraday’s Cage. And since Tainaka’s field was a mist of metal particles, that meant right in front of him was a damn fine electromaster. Maybe Level 4, even 5. But a damn waste she was, because she didn’t have have much in the way of chestitude. And not to mention that she had a Judgement tag on her arm. That told him she was useless, since if Judgement was even half as competent as he, Tarou would not be so busy with mere errands.

“Ah, I’m sorry,” she said as time ran normally again.

“No offense taken,” he said.

She gave a brief bow and left as Tainaka replied a small wave.

This is what I got. Nothing like an idea given a good dose of Robert Downing Junior crossed with MacGuyver.
Old 2013-06-01, 01:49   Link #3568
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Sooooooooold!
Old 2013-06-01, 01:50   Link #3569
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Works for me. A spark between two interesting characters ne?
Old 2013-06-01, 01:57   Link #3570
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

More like a shocking coincidence if you ask me.
Old 2013-06-01, 02:09   Link #3571
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

BAH GAWD!

It's done!

Just need to proof-read and add a few things.....
Old 2013-06-01, 02:14   Link #3572
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I was never sure even as I read the novels but are magicians who make use of technology looked down upon?
Old 2013-06-01, 02:21   Link #3573
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

I think its more like technology is inadequate to magicians since they focus on the essential and basic things required to carry out their tasks.

I doubt it stops them from using technology though, as Isawa drives all sorts of vehicles and has an international licence.
Old 2013-06-01, 02:21   Link #3574
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
I was never sure even as I read the novels but are magicians who make use of technology looked down upon?
As far as I can tell, such mages don't exist in canon. (otherwise, I'd have no story to tell for fanon Knights Templar!)
Old 2013-06-01, 02:31   Link #3575
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Mmm... I was thinking of an OC mage that makes use of random patterns to trace a mental magic circle. In terms of split seconds.

All sorts of things like chaff, indents from a ricocheting bullet, cards thrown in the air. Bullet casings left on the ground.
Old 2013-06-01, 02:36   Link #3576
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

You know, actually, that sounds pretty damn clever. Though, I'll admit, that sounds like a mage that would be working for GREMLIN since they're more inclined to use more modern things than the previous mages we've seen.
Old 2013-06-01, 02:44   Link #3577
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Basically he'd be a magician based on patterns. His choice of weapons are modern guns and explosives, but those are only so that he can spread materials with which to trace patterns on. From all the chaos he causes he's actually setting up pieces for magic but half the time he doesn't even know what patterns can be read from what he does.
Old 2013-06-01, 02:49   Link #3578
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

That's bound to be his fatal flaw; something that every mage has and will continue to have. Which is fine really, makes the character balanced since he can't control which spells are being cast.

I still think this OC of yours sound like an ideal person to be apart of GREMLIN.
Old 2013-06-01, 03:09   Link #3579
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Problem: Where in the Bible does such patterns turn into some kind of miracle?

You need to justify the existence of the Bible reference before you can make the magic appear.
Old 2013-06-01, 03:21   Link #3580
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

While most of the magic-side is focused on religious themes, not all magic is based on religion.

You have someone who used the story of Cinderella to cast her spells. Then there's that other magician who from Russia who was the caretaker of whatshername from the Angel Fall Incident.

Not all magicians use religious stories from the Bible; those I believe are just more effective and easier since there are so many.

Tags
character, crack, crossover ideas, discussion, fanfiction