AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2009-11-29, 17:04   Link #2161
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

I highly doubt Gerard will be recycled as villain. Even in the arc where he acted as one we were shown that at the core he was actually one hell of a good guy not to mention it was him who saved Erza last second from the powers of Aetherion. Also don't forget he had been brainwashed the whole time so he was never evil to begin withand brainwashing him again would be so lame plot-wise.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-29, 17:14   Link #2162
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I am not excluding it, especially not since Gerard thrives on pulling elaborate strategies to accomplish his plan.

Of course, it being 'part of the plan' may not have to mean his plan is an evil one. I have always wondered why Gerard was so interested in the growth of Fairy Tail. I can understand Erza, but why did he care so much about Natsu? Natsu was never part of his plan, or at least not his Aetherion plan.

There is more to Gerard than meets the eye, whether he is good or evil remains to be seen, but I am not buying his amnesia.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-29, 17:55   Link #2163
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I am not excluding it, especially not since Gerard thrives on pulling elaborate strategies to accomplish his plan.

Of course, it being 'part of the plan' may not have to mean his plan is an evil one. I have always wondered why Gerard was so interested in the growth of Fairy Tail. I can understand Erza, but why did he care so much about Natsu? Natsu was never part of his plan, or at least not his Aetherion plan.

There is more to Gerard than meets the eye, whether he is good or evil remains to be seen, but I am not buying his amnesia.
He was willing to sacrifice himself to stop nirvana, how does that fit into his "plan"? There's a limit as to how much a person can act a specific role. It's not so much that i dislike your theory but tbh i don't see a serious clue or hint whatsoever.
Old 2009-11-29, 18:17   Link #2164
Xion Valkyrie

Wasn't he actually just another pawn? The black haired girl he was working with seemed to be higher up on the evil mastermind ladder than him.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-29, 18:59   Link #2165
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
He was willing to sacrifice himself to stop nirvana, how does that fit into his "plan"? There's a limit as to how much a person can act a specific role. It's not so much that i dislike your theory but tbh i don't see a serious clue or hint whatsoever.
What's the point of bringing him back, if not to fit him into the plot? By all accounts, Gerard's story was done and over, there was no reason to bring him back. Yet, here he is, so he obviously has a part to play.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-29, 20:04   Link #2166
Cinocard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko
You know... I've seen that kind of smirk before. Now where was it... Ah yes, now I remember.
It's just a gentle smile coming from a supposed-to-be-cool characters. All cool characters smile gently like that.

And when did he really care for Natsu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie
Wasn't he actually just another pawn? The black haired girl he was working with seemed to be higher up on the evil mastermind ladder than him.
Most likely. Clones are always pawns.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-30, 02:13   Link #2167
kuru moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Seriously, Mistgun....

They need to explore that plotline ASAP.
I guess that Mistgun is the current Gerard that use forbidden technic or something to go back to the past. This way, he can have a new life. However, he still want to stay close to Erza, so he did join Fairy Tail and become Mistgun to look after her from afar.

That's why he told Erza that he was not Gerard, but he knew him, and why he always disguise himself.

The one that Wendy met should be Mistgun, because it's impossible for Evil Gerard to go adventure alone back then. His loyal subordinates/friends won't allow that.
kuru moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-30, 02:27   Link #2168
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
You could both be right. He could have been honestly amnesiac at first, and then recovered more of his memory than he let on.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-30, 04:01   Link #2169
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuru moon View Post
The one that Wendy met should be Mistgun, because it's impossible for Evil Gerard to go adventure alone back then. His loyal subordinates/friends won't allow that.
possible
but why would Mistgun introduce himself as Gerard to Wendy but not to Erza?

anyway, after rereading chapter 145, Wendy didn't state that how Gerard introduced himself but rather told about the story of how she met him, how she end up in Cait Shelter and him saying something else... "Anima"
wonder what that is?

Last edited by Frailty; 2009-11-30 at 04:49.
Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-30, 11:35   Link #2170
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Dunno what's going on but you gotta love spellbinding rune guards, I get a feeling we'll have trials coming up next! Gives a more serious touch to the whole thing, you know...instead of having a party with beer and food, you get a jail and a string of mysteries towards Gerard. Which is good, because his character has been left unexplored for a bit too long.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-30, 13:03   Link #2171
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
possible
but why would Mistgun introduce himself as Gerard to Wendy but not to Erza?

anyway, after rereading chapter 145, Wendy didn't state that how Gerard introduced himself but rather told about the story of how she met him, how she end up in Cait Shelter and him saying something else... "Anima"
wonder what that is?
the mistugn/geard that Wendy meet never told her his name, and i think that was mistgun and geard.
Old 2009-11-30, 15:48   Link #2172
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuru moon View Post
I guess that Mistgun is the current Gerard that use forbidden technic or something to go back to the past. This way, he can have a new life. However, he still want to stay close to Erza, so he did join Fairy Tail and become Mistgun to look after her from afar.

That's why he told Erza that he was not Gerard, but he knew him, and why he always disguise himself.

Time Travel????!!! It's kind of a cool theory, but I really would prefer my stories without it.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-30, 17:11   Link #2173
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Time Travel????!!! It's kind of a cool theory, but I really would prefer my stories without it.
time-travelling zombie-clones from another dimensional hell and back again .com
Old 2009-12-01, 05:26   Link #2174
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
It is actually quite possible, Mashima has used it before in RAVE after all, and split personalities can get very tedious after a while...but yeah, there are all sorts of possible theories and explanations about the Gerard phenomenon of Fairy Tail.
Old 2009-12-01, 15:48   Link #2175
ellifeedn
Thinker

I can't believe no one commented on the reveal of Hoteye's brother. I also can't believe I didn't realize the resemblance before.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 16:24   Link #2176
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
I can't believe no one commented on the reveal of Hoteye's brother. I also can't believe I didn't realize the resemblance before.
in hindsight it was obvious, they were both built like bricks.
Old 2009-12-02, 02:35   Link #2177
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Yeah, but Wallie was normal in Erza's flashbacks, and got all square-y later on, while Richard has been the squareman all along! (at least what we know of). And yeah, it was somewhat surprising, but the cliffhanger got the best of me so I forgot all about it.
Old 2009-12-05, 21:03   Link #2178
prototype_sky

No the Natsu x Erza Ship is sinking
prototype_sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-05, 22:27   Link #2179
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype_sky View Post
Well realistically speaking there wasn't really a NatsuXErza ship afloat, altho something I support myself but to be real was never really gonna happen.
If anything it would probably be NatsuXLucy, one ship I've come to find myself aboard, I think its down to the recent specials and stuff happening in the series as it goes on.

With Erza she obviously still has feelings for Gerard but this isn't a pair I would support, I always thought GrayXErza would be nice as Gray is the first friend she made in FT.

Saying that, for Gray I feel he deserves a harem, the guy is as cool as ice
If anything should be GrayXErza/Luvia/Kana/Mirajane

I'm no serious shipper, I just like to do it as something to have fun with
Old 2009-12-05, 22:45   Link #2180
Cinocard

Quote:
And sink deep like the Titanic. Again, I prefer NatsuxLucy than NatsuxErza, just that I hate Gerard so much, and the thought of him getting Erza only is enough to piss me off, lol.

He doesn't deserve Erza
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen