AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 151 66.23%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 39 17.11%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 8.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 4.39%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 1.75%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.44%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 1.75%
Voters: 228. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-15, 12:39   Link #341
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
ahahaha, everytime i read the manga subforum, the thread about Ichigo100% is there... With Toradora will be the same... i'm sure of it. It is because everyone has her/his own experience and can post impressions based on those experiences. Look at Macross Frontier... the shipping was the engine who moved that sub-forum, nor the weapons nor the battles...

Love is everywhere <3.... love is in the air... lalaaala~ lala lalaa ~
Meh, us DQ fans are still fighting over Flora and Bianca for the past 17 years!
(Yes, this popular rivalry predates Eva and FFVII heroine bickerings)

(meanwhile some of us are cheating with that new tundere bitch Deborah)

Old 2009-02-15, 12:44   Link #342
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

for those people who have a knowledgeable background of the toradora novel, do you guys think the anime will be able to tie things up pretty well within the next few episodes? it's only slated for 25/26 episodes right? What i want to know is if they will be able to finish the series with a bang w/o leaving out too much character development stuff or w/e...
Old 2009-02-15, 12:50   Link #343
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

^There's 6 episodes left to cover approximately 3 volumes of novels.
However, let's be careful in starting that topic.... it can quickly get out of hand with spoilers flying everywhere. AGAIN.
Old 2009-02-15, 13:01   Link #344
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
^There's 6 episodes left to cover approximately 3 volumes of novels.
However, let's be careful in starting that topic.... it can quickly get out of hand with spoilers flying everywhere. AGAIN.
haha yeah i don't want to be spoiled, i'd rather watch the anime first before reading the novels to get an unbiased view of the anime as a standalone thing u know?

just curious though, you say there's about 3 volumes left, so does that mean the original series is actually over over? Also, since there's 6 episodes left, what's the approx episode to volume cover ratio? Like one episode usually covers about how many chapters/what portion of a volume?
Old 2009-02-15, 13:07   Link #345
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

No, volume 10 (final volume) has not been released yet.
It's scheduled to be released shortly before the anime ends.

The animators and the novel writer are working together to bring end that's close in feel, but not exactly the same between the two. The general conclusion will probably be similar.

As for your next question... just do the math.
19 episodes so far to cover 7 volumes of novels.
They'll have to speed things up from here, obviously.
Old 2009-02-15, 13:08   Link #346
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Meh, us DQ fans are still fighting over Flora and Bianca for the past 17 years!
(Yes, this popular rivalry predates Eva and FFVII heroine bickerings)

(meanwhile some of us are cheating with that new tundere bitch Deborah)

yeah... i pretty much know what do you mean

And i'm also worried about the "6 episodes for 3 books"...

Quote:
i can foresee a storm captain!!!...
Old 2009-02-15, 13:08   Link #347
puppygod

9 novels are out, 10th (and last) is to be published in March. Anime covered 7 novels now. So, average ratio is 2.5 episode per novel, but with 6 episodes and 3 novels left, it's more like 2 episodes per novel from that point on.
Old 2009-02-15, 13:11   Link #348
qwerty_
Knowledge Researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
haha yeah i don't want to be spoiled, i'd rather watch the anime first before reading the novels to get an unbiased view of the anime as a standalone thing u know?

just curious though, you say there's about 3 volumes left, so does that mean the original series is actually over over? Also, since there's 6 episodes left, what's the approx episode to volume cover ratio? Like one episode usually covers about how many chapters/what portion of a volume?
'16' Episodes for 7 Novels [2 early episodes and 14 - I might be wrong - are anime-only [14 has some anime stuff mixed w/ novel]] = 2,3 episodes per novel.
Old 2009-02-15, 13:13   Link #349
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
As for your next question... just do the math.
19 episodes so far to cover 7 volumes of novels.
LOL i clearly am not thinking straight HAHAHAH sorry for asking such a dumb question.

edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty_ View Post
'16' Episodes for 7 Novels [2 early episodes and 14 - I might be wrong - are anime-only [14 has some anime stuff mixed w/ novel]] = 2,3 episodes per novel.
ohh that's interesting, thanks for pointing that out! you've been answering all my questions today haha, good stuff man
Old 2009-02-15, 13:36   Link #350
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
*snip*
This is why I love this show. It can actually spawn intelligent, well thought-out discussions.

I agree with everything you said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzzy View Post
Ok so wth happened. I was enjoying a nice school comedy / romance anime and now at episode 19, it became a harem anime.
"Harem" really isn't a good definition for this show. Really isn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
I think the main appeal of Ami for a lot of people was that Ryuuji didn't have to go out of his way to charm her/gain her affection the way he did for Minori and Taiga (Although we don't know for sure when Minori started liking him, there are some hints in the first book). She just likes him for who he is. It's painfully clear however that he prefers the other two, which makes the whole thing sad.
But isn't it more realistic that he's had to WORK for their affections rather than just having girls throw themselves at him? I mean, he looks downright evil, and had trouble getting close to anyone, which is, of course, the point.

And even Ami only fell for him after he was overly nice to her...

This is what I like about Toradora. No love at first sight. No sudden, random affection. Only girl that throws herself at Ryuuji is Ami and he really doesn't appreciate it.
Old 2009-02-15, 13:50   Link #351
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
But isn't it more realistic that he's had to WORK for their affections rather than just having girls throw themselves at him? I mean, he looks downright evil, and had trouble getting close to anyone, which is, of course, the point.

This is what I like about Toradora. No love at first sight. No sudden, random affection. Only girl that throws herself at Ryuuji is Ami and he really doesn't appreciate it.
i don't think i would go so far as to say Ami is "throwing" herself at Ryuuji...she really isn't, maybe your take on "throwing" is different from mine, but she's far from it in my opinion. She is quite subtle sometimes, and she only plays off her "teasing" as jokes
Old 2009-02-15, 13:51   Link #352
typhonsentra

Quote:

He wasn't overly nice in the first few encounters. She simply got to know him and liked what she saw. He had to go a lot farther to (Inadvertently) receive Taiga's affection. I always felt bad reading how hard he had to work to prove to people he wasn't a bad person just because of the way he looked.
Old 2009-02-15, 13:55   Link #353
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
i don't think i would go so far as to say Ami is "throwing" herself at Ryuuji...she really isn't, maybe your take on "throwing" is different from mine, but she's far from it in my opinion. She is quite subtle sometimes, and she only plays off her "teasing" as jokes
Hyperbole.

Quote:
He wasn't overly nice in the first few encounters. She simply got to know him and liked what she saw. He had to go a lot farther to (Inadvertently) receive Taiga's affection.
It was just the way he treated Ami... knowing she was that much of a bitch and yet still being nice and kind. Of course, he does this to everyone.

Quote:
I always felt bad reading how hard he had to work to prove to people he wasn't a bad person just because of the way he looked.
People rate others on first impressions alone. This does appear to be a large portion of the point of Toradora, really.

I found it rather touching, myself.
Old 2009-02-15, 13:57   Link #354
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Hyperbole.
uhh i don't quite get it, i know what a hyperbole is, but what i don't get is what you mean by ryuuji has to work for the other two girls, but not so much for ami. he doesn't relaly have to work for taiga right now it seems, but he did have to work for ami if he really DID want to get with her at the beginning

edit:

btw that's a HILARIOUS avatar
Old 2009-02-15, 14:00   Link #355
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
I always felt bad reading how hard he had to work to prove to people he wasn't a bad person just because of the way he looked.
That's why Ryuuji is so adorable... and that's why Ami messed up everything with Ryuuji from the very start. Ryuuji is comfortable with people like Noto, Haruta and Kitamura because of their kindness to him, he doesn't need to prove anything. Same history with Taiga and Minori... but, the way Ami teased him when she arrived to School and Ryuuji's house, after that in her villa, etc, put Ryuuji in a defensive attitude in front of her. Of course he can be kind, as we can saw at the supermarket. But TO RYUUJI, Ami is an unpredictable woman... in the books it's pretty more clear than the anime, even this anime episode is a lot more complex in the book. And Ami wasn't a cute little girl.
Old 2009-02-15, 14:05   Link #356
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
uhh i don't quite get it, i know what a hyperbole is, but what i don't get is what you mean by ryuuji has to work for the other two girls, but not so much for ami. he doesn't relaly have to work for taiga right now it seems, but he did have to work for ami if he really DID want to get with her at the beginning
My line about her "throwing himself at him" was an intentional exaggeration to garner more attention regarding my statement.

Taiga wouldn't have fallen for him had he not been the most selfless, nicest, kindest, hardest-working person ever.

If Ryuuji wanted, he could probably have Ami right now. But he doesn't want that.
Old 2009-02-15, 14:13   Link #357
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:

Taiga wouldn't have fallen for him had he not been the most selfless, nicest, kindest, hardest-working person ever.

If Ryuuji wanted, he could probably have Ami right now. But he doesn't want that.
doesn't this hold true for ami at the beginning? Ryuuji had to "work" for her, it's just that she's realized how great he is a LOT sooner than taiga...I don't think ami would've fallen for ryuuji either if it wasn't for his personality
Old 2009-02-15, 14:17   Link #358
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
doesn't this hold true for ami at the beginning? Ryuuji had to "work" for her, it's just that she's realized how great he is a LOT sooner than taiga...I don't think ami would've fallen for ryuuji either if it wasn't for his personality
Ryuuji doesn't cook for her, clean her house, sew fake breasts for her, comfort her, etc.

He was simply nice. A lot less work was involved.

And of course Ami fell for him just because of his personality. But to me, that has a lot less meaning...
Old 2009-02-15, 14:17   Link #359
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Yup... if the guy from School days must be roasted in hell, Ryuuji is in Heaven. The author just made an "impossible to hate" young man.

Quote:
QFT... that's something what ami's shippers can't deal with it... Ryuuji doesn't want Ami.
Probably that's the reason why Ami likes Ryuuji, women likes the things that they can't have, not only diamonds and such married men, men who doesn't pay attention, etc...
Old 2009-02-15, 14:17   Link #360
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Ryuuji's eyes are currently focused on Minori. Too bad she rejected him.
Closed Thread