Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2013-07-09, 00:50   Link #561
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Why is the awesome super otaku Sugita got that many anti-thread? also, considering how she appear in loads of anime these days, I'm surprised that my current favorite female seiyuu, Sawashiro Miyuki only got that many hate thread

Because they know that Sawashiro Miyuki can kick all their fan favorite seiyuus asses and now they're running scare.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2013-07-09 at 01:02.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 01:35   Link #562
Siegel Clyne

Seiyuu 2ch Threads: The Power of Song

What may also be surprising is that Sawashiro Miyuki's current "regular" thread is only up to Number 68.

On the other hand, as of the date and time of this post, the seiyuu with most "regular" threads devoted to him or her are:

01. Mizuki Nana: 1032nd thread
02. Tamura Yukari: 876th thread
03. Hirano Aya: 562nd thread
04. Horie Yui: 467th thread
That's all I have time for now.
Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 01:42   Link #563
Tenzen12

Quote:
Why is the awesome super otaku Sugita got that many anti-thread? also, considering how she appear in loads of anime these days, I'm surprised that my current favorite female seiyuu, Sawashiro Miyuki only got that many hate thread
I am suprised people who hate her exist in first place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Because they know that Sawashiro Miyuki can kick all their fan favorite seiyuus asses and now they're running scare.
I guess, that is only way to explain that.
Tenzen12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 01:52   Link #564
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Meh, I always thought 2ch hate thread as a sign of popularity(more popular = more hipster hater) , which is why I was wondering with the low amount of anti-thread considering the amount of main role she landed these days.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 02:03   Link #565
Siegel Clyne

Sawashiro Miyuki just doesn't seem to generate much discussion, pro or con, at the 2ch individual voice actor board.
Old 2013-07-09, 02:59   Link #566
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegel Clyne View Post
Sawashiro Miyuki just doesn't seem to generate much discussion, pro or con, at the 2ch individual voice actor board.
I choose to see that as a good thing- She's just a solid voice actress who does a great job at her work and stays out of trouble.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 03:16   Link #567
Tenzen12

I don't know much about Voice acting, but isn't having three or four considerably big roles per season quite big work load? I mean I never heard about any other Seiyuu work that hard.
Old 2013-07-09, 03:43   Link #568
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Yes you're right, 3 to 4 regular role per season means she's very popular currently, but she's also one of the rare case of seiyuu who don't have any regular radio channel nor idol singing career(there's a joke that Sawashiro-san won't sing unless she got paid for it, a.k.a for a character song ) so I guess it balances out a little. She regularly perform on a stage theatrical drama though since she's a member of a theatrical group.
Old 2013-07-09, 03:56   Link #569
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
I don't know much about Voice acting, but isn't having three or four considerably big roles per season quite big work load? I mean I never heard about any other Seiyuu work that hard.
No not really. Most of the popular seiyuu should bag at least 3 prominent (may not be the actual protagonist but still a recurring character that is featured in nearly every episode) roles per season. People on 2ch used to do a tally for each season on how many main characters the seiyuus get, I'm not sure if anymore is still doing it - but 3 is about average for a semi-popular seiyuu. Provide that you don't get out-of-ordinary-shit-hit-the-fan type of problems, a recording session for each episode usually shouldn't take anymore than a few hours out of a working day, and it is completely possible and normal for a seiyuu to have 2 recording sessions per day (one in the morning and one in the afternoon for example). So even with 3 to 4 roles it won't fill a full working week of a normal working person - hence the reason they still have time to do other things such as singing, posing for magazines, events and host radio shows.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 04:21   Link #570
Tenzen12

Realy? Jun Fukujama is only Kuchiki so far. Hiroshi Kamiya has also only Araragi for now.

And list go on. Yukana, Maya Sakamoto, Ayahi Takagaki, Saori Hayami, Kugi...

Of course this is only list of Seyuu I can recognise by voice alone, but point is having two prominent role per season is definitely rare. Even be casted every single season is hardly common aside of very few chosen ones.

Despite of that, your evalution of time spend of roles seems valid to me. Thanks

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2013-07-09 at 04:43.
Old 2013-07-09, 06:47   Link #571
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Realy? Jun Fukujama is only Kuchiki so far. Hiroshi Kamiya has also only Araragi for now.

And list go on. Yukana, Maya Sakamoto, Ayahi Takagaki, Saori Hayami, Kugi...

Of course this is only list of Seyuu I can recognise by voice alone, but point is having two prominent role per season is definitely rare. Even be casted every single season is hardly common aside of very few chosen ones.

Despite of that, your evalution of time spend of roles seems valid to me. Thanks
Sorry to say but you aren't doing your research (they still do these tallies, I guess it's now a tradition but also a measurement of how popular a seiyuu is as well) and you picked some poor examples, especially for the females.

List of male seiyuu roles for the 2013 summer season
The most roles is Sakurai Takahiro with 6 roles.
Followed by Namikawa Daisuke with 5.
A bunch with 3 roles including Fukuyama Jun, Kamiya Hiroshi and Kakihara Tetsuya and you can go through the list yourself (I'm guessing that you missed Fukuyama and Kamiya's other role is because the other anime they are doing is shoujo/BL stuff so it completely slipped under your radar)

List of female seiyuu roles for the 2013 spring season
Sawashiro Miyuki with 6 roles.
Hikasa Youko with 5. Kugimiya Rie, Tamura Yukari and Kayano Ai with 4.
And a whole bunch with 3 with Asumi Kanna, Itou Kanae, Itou Shizuka, Inoue Marina, Kitamura Eri, Endo Aya, Koshimizu Ami, Yuuki Aoi, Tomatsu Haruka, Toyosaki Aki etc etc.

While Yukana is good she's not really one of the current popular seiyuu. Sakamoto Maaya is like Mizuki Nana - they don't focus on anime but gets their work elsewhere. Hayami Saori is still a university student so she's regulating her schedule. Ayahi again is not someone I would say is a popular seiyuu either (in fact she gets constantly mocked for being the unneeded member of Sphere due to her much lower popularity compared with the other 3).

Note this is just TV anime we are talking about, there's a whole bunch of other works not included like games and drama CD etc. Fact of the matter is if you are only doing 2 prominent roles of anime per season you are considered to be the lower end of the popularity scale, and thus you better be making it up on some other end else you probably aren't getting enough work and thus not making enough money.

Last edited by houkoholic; 2013-07-09 at 07:57.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 08:01   Link #572
AntonKutovoi

How many roles Tomokazu Sugita has in the summer season? I do not think I saw any roles for him after Gargantia has ended. Except Gintama movie, there's only JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle video game, which will appear only in August.

And yet I do not think anyone can question his popularity. Same goes to, say, Jouji Nakata and Akio Ohtsuka.
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 08:34   Link #573
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

According to that list, only 1, the second season of senyuu. Of course, since he has his own regular radio show, several radio shows where he is the main personality, and he's actually quite close with lots of game producer due to his seiyuu otaku fame he might still have quite a bit of income
Old 2013-07-09, 12:03   Link #574
thieftheodore
Silent Reader

Quote:
According to that list, only 1, the second season of senyuu. Of course, since he has his own regular radio show, several radio shows where he is the main personality, and he's actually quite close with lots of game producer due to his seiyuu otaku fame he might still have quite a bit of income
if I'm not mistaken sugita also voicing a character, the white haired proffesor, (I forgot his name) at symphogear second season
Old 2013-07-13, 03:19   Link #575
Siegel Clyne

Seiyuu voice more than just characters in otaku anime

Many veteran seiyuu voice characters in long-running mainstream animation series in Japan, e.g., Wakamoto Norio as several characters in Sazae-san; Mitusishi Kotono as Nobita's mother in Doraemon and Boa Hancock in One Piece; Hayashibara Megumi as Haibara Ai in Meitantei Conan (Detective Conan; Case Closed); and Ootani Ikue as Pikachu in all the Pokémon series, Mitsuhiko in Meitantei Conan, and Chopper in One Piece.

Many veteran seiyuu are more often known for dubbing in Japanese foreign language movies and television series, such as Ootsuka Akio (Solid Snake in the Metal Gear Solid game series) dubbing numerous leading men of Hollywood, and Toda Keiko (Anpanman in Soreike! Anpanman; Matilda Ajan in Mobile Suit Gundam) dubbing many leading ladies of Hollywood.

In addition to voicing Akana Rui in Chousoku Henkei Gyrozetter, Yamamoto Rei in Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199, Suigintou in Rozen Maiden (2013), Neptune/Purple Heart in Chou Jigen Game Neptune The Animation (Hyperdimension Neptunia The Animation), and on the rare occasions she appears on the show, Miike Naeko in Meitantei Conan, Tanaka Rie dubs in Japanese the voice of Princess Bubblegum in Cartoon Network's Adventure Time and the voice of Alexandra "Alex" Hunter (played by Gloria Votsis) in USA Network's live action comedy drama series White Collar. Tanaka voices Kan-E-Senna AND Garuda (and it sounds like she still provides one of the voices for the female Miqo'te) in the upcoming Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn game, Neptune/Purple Heart in the various Neptune/Neptunia games, Morrigan Aensland in Marvel vs Capcom 3, Project X Zone and any future games featuring everyone's favorite green haired succubus, and One in the upcoming Drag-On Dragoon 3 (Drakengard 3) game, as well as Kirijou Mitsuru in the Persona 3 and Persona 4 The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena games, and in the upcoming Persona 3 movies, bankruptcy or no bankruptcy.

And so on.

Last edited by Siegel Clyne; 2013-07-13 at 07:14.
Old 2013-07-13, 04:42   Link #576
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegel Clyne View Post
Many veteran seiyuu voice characters in long-running mainstream animation series in Japan, e.g., Wakamoto Norio as several characters in Sazae-san; Mitusishi Kotono as Nobita's mother in Doraemon and Boa Hancock in One Piece; Hayashibara Megumi as Haibara Ai in Meitantei Conan (Detective Conan; Case Closed); and Ootani Ikue as Pikachu in all the Pokémon series, Mitsuhiko in Meitantei Conan, and Chopper in One Piece.

Many veteran seiyuu are more often known for dubbing in Japanese foreign language movies and television series, such as Ootsuka Akio (Solid Snake in the Metal Gear Solid game series) dubbing numerous leading men of Hollywood, and Toda Keiko (Anpanman in Soreike! Anpanman; Matilda Ajan in Mobile Suit Gundam) dubbing many leading ladies of Hollywood.

In addition to voicing Akana Rui in Chousoku Henkei Gyrozetter, Yamamoto Rei in Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199, Suigintou in Rozen Maiden (2013), Neptune/Purple Heart in Chou Jigen Game Neptune The Animation (Hyperdimension Neptunia The Animation), and on the rare occasions she appears on the show, Miike Naeko in Meitantei Conan, Tanaka Rie dubs in Japanese the voice of Princess Bubblegum in Cartoon Network's Adventure Time and the voice of Alexandra "Alex" Hunter (played by Gloria Votsis) in USA Network's live action comedy drama series White Collar. Tanaka voices Kan-E-Senna AND Garuda (and it sounds like she still provides one of the voices for the female Miqo'te) in the upcoming Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn game, and One in the upcoming Drag-On Dragoon 3 (Drakengard 3) game, as well as Kirijou Mitsuru in the Persona 3 and Persona 4 The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena games, and in the upcoming Persona 3 movies, bankruptcy or no bankruptcy.

And so on.
That's very nice and all that you are start using video games in your example, but that's an even less stable work than regular animes, tv dubbing and/or radio shows.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 10:32   Link #577
Siegel Clyne

Favorite English Game VAs

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
That's very nice and all that you are start using video games in your example, but that's an even less stable work than regular animes, tv dubbing and/or radio shows.
I only brought games up because houkoholic mentioned games in this post earlier on this thread.

Incidentally, some of my favorite English voice actors do a lot of voice work in games, such as Nolan North, Claudia Black, Steven Blum, and Jennifer Hale.

Being a big fan of these particular American games, North's voice as Nathan Drake in the Uncharted series and Hale's voice as Femshep in the Mass Effect series is locked into my brain.
Old 2013-07-15, 10:16   Link #578
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

so basically the hottest Japanese seiyuus working right now are Sakurai and Sawashiro...
Old 2013-07-15, 15:23   Link #579
RichardFromMarple

Singing is another area of seiyuu work, & not just for theme tunes.
RichardFromMarple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-15, 15:33   Link #580
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardFromMarple View Post
Singing is another area of seiyuu work, & not just for theme tunes.
Not really a prerequisite, seeing how most vocal talents are much better at acting rather than at singing.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote