AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

View Poll Results: Hayate no Gotoku!! (2nd Season) - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 20 40.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 38.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 5 10.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 6.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 6.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-25, 16:14   Link #21
sikvod00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I always loved this part of the manga for a bit more focus on Maria, especially in the love department. She's absolutely adorable when she acts like this, and because it's such a rare sight makes it all the more special. Shame i'm the only one who's mentioned about her so far. No Maria love.
I haven' read the manga, but I also loved Maria's reactions throughout the show; especially the way she says her "hmphs" during the episode and preview when she got annoyed with Hayate's cluelessness.
Old 2009-04-25, 16:17   Link #22
Seravy
Dorothy-chaaan~!

fantastic episode. i'm really digging the job JCStaff is doing. i hope more episodes get greenlit.

re: continuity
i'm glad they decided to stick to the manga rather than try to make sense of S1's timeline and retcon it. i guess you can look at this as filling in the gaps ^_^;
Old 2009-04-25, 16:38   Link #23
Dr. Casey

You know, Hinagiku's being awful unfair to poor Hayate. In the second episode, she says that she's not angry about the drawbridge incident even though she quite plainly is, and now she keeps on playing that game with the "What are you apologizing for, Ayasaki-kun?" and then dodging the subject afterwards. Honestly, Hina. Hayate is trying to apologize, and he's done so multiple times at that, so why are you so averse to communicating with him?

I guess it's not unrealistic, though. Girls are weird, so props to J.C. Staff for portraying them accurately.

It's funny how Wataru goes from smooth to bumbling in the course of one episode, momentarily dashing Nishizawa's hopes of a requited love with Hayate. Guess Ayumu is one girl that won't be added to his growing harem (I'm curious to see if a third girl is ever added to the mix - between Saki and Fake Sister Fortesia, Wataru's on the road to rivaling Hayate in pimpdom).

Hayate's girly swan chocolate made me laugh. XD I always love the references to Hayate's ridiculously lengthy list of past occupations. It has to be my favorite running joke of the series.

The scene between Hayate and Maria at the end of the episode reminds me of that part from episode 14 of the previous season, where Maria lets Hayate knows that she's used her influence to get him enrolled at Hakuou Gakuin (A scene which I obviously liked quite a bit, being that it's the source of my avatar - I've watched it more times than any other scenes in the series). Speaking of Maria, J.C. Staff's take on her seems a bit moodier than Synergy's (See her final line of "You're such a girl, Hayate"). I don't know whether that's more faithful to the manga, but I think Maria has the potential to be a scary girl. Sure, her social behavior is bright and friendly, but if you get close enough to her that she can be perfectly honest with her feelings and let that moodiness be unleashed... well, I'm sure Hayate's got the occasional rough night ahead if he ends up going down the Maria route.

I liked the cynical views Nagi pretended (?) to adopt regarding Valentines Day. XD I think I fall somewhere between Nagi and Hayate far as that's concerned. If I had a girlfriend and she treated it as something special, then I'd be completely in favor of that and be glad to play along. I can't think of it as anything deep or meaningful, though, so... sorry, Hayate. Your speech at the end didn't do a whole lot to touch me.

Quote:
Shame i'm the only one who's mentioned about her so far. No Maria love.
More like no frustra love, in my opinion. He/she did mention Maria.
Old 2009-04-25, 19:01   Link #24
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
I guess it's not unrealistic, though. Girls are weird, so props to J.C. Staff for portraying them accurately.
LOL that was the funniest thing I heard today... mainly coz its SO true.
And have you ever notice how they have some AMAZING hard drive in their head reserved solely to store all the 'things you did wrong' and then bring it up to haunt you when its convenient?

Quote:
but I think Maria has the potential to be a scary girl. Sure, her social behavior is bright and friendly, but if you get close enough to her that she can be perfectly honest with her feelings and let that moodiness be unleashed... well, I'm sure Hayate's got the occasional rough night ahead if he ends up going down the Maria route.
LOL Hayate already caught a glimpse of her scary side. Remember the episode about Saki's coming-of-age celebration? When Hayate asked Maria what she did for hers... lol that scene was hilarious.

禁則事項です
Old 2009-04-25, 20:15   Link #25
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Hinagiku's childhood past and Maria's part with her adolescence was hilarious
Nishizawa was cute with her chocolate .
Well , i'm more for Nishizawa or Hinagiku x Hayate than Nagi x Hayate . Maria x Hayate still good too . But , Nishizawa and Hinagiku are the best so far for me .
Old 2009-04-25, 21:49   Link #26
Fandal

Figuring out Hina is actually easier after her birthday arc. Her thought process is rather complex, but it's not that hard to figure out.

The thing about the bridge is, if Hayate beat Hina or stopped Hina in any other way - we probably wouldn't have this long "Ayasaki-kun" arc It's because of the way he stopped Hina (the bridge/heights), exploiting one of her deepest and most venerable weakness that's causing this problem. In a way, it was never really about the bridge.
Old 2009-04-26, 03:01   Link #27
Silverwyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fandal View Post
The thing about the bridge is, if Hayate beat Hina or stopped Hina in any other way - we probably wouldn't have this long "Ayasaki-kun" arc It's because of the way he stopped Hina (the bridge/heights), exploiting one of her deepest and most venerable weakness that's causing this problem. In a way, it was never really about the bridge.
That is true, regardless of the reasons (which she doesnt know int he first place) he knowingly exploited her fear, and also left her there. So it makes sense she's a bit more longtime irked about it than usual.

Anyways, enjoyable episode, I had to laugh when nagi said "its a chocolate covered pot".

Maria was great this episode, I always enjoy some focus on her
Old 2009-04-26, 11:42   Link #28
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
Quote:
So it makes sense she's a bit more longtime irked about it than usual.
It did warrant a "hentai! ijiwaru!" from her afterall.

btw, is Hina pissed off at Hayate coz of the bridge incident? or "why's there a random girl I don't know giving you a valentines chocolate?"
... probably both actually

禁則事項です

Last edited by Mecha_Trueno; 2009-04-26 at 14:18.
Old 2009-04-26, 18:31   Link #29
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

She really is the gallant one.

A miko is fine, too.
Old 2009-04-26, 20:54   Link #30
neothe0ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Was the whole episode screaming funny? No.
That's not the only/main reason people were complaining about earlier episodes.

I think it's more than fair to say J.C.STAFF has been improving with handling Hayate ever since episode 1, though that may have more to do with the fact that certain manga chapters are more boring than others. Regardless, this episode has topped the others in season 2 for me so far, and ranks on par with some of the best in season 1 (Maria screentime is great), but I will never forgive J.C.STAFF for one oopsie this episode...

Spoiler for colors:
Old 2009-04-26, 20:57   Link #31
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

I'm sure the logic is purple + orange = gray.

I'd say this is my favorite episode of both seasons.
Old 2009-04-26, 23:38   Link #32
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Wow, just wow. I don't read the manga, so I had no idea Maria would join Hayate's harem. I thought she would remain as a mother figure til the end... Not only that, but Hayate beating her at a house task (or any task for that matter) is yet another thing I thoght I'd never see... I love this show.
Old 2009-04-26, 23:50   Link #33
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasxn View Post
Wow, just wow. I don't read the manga, so I had no idea Maria would join Hayate's harem. I thought she would remain as a mother figure til the end... Not only that, but Hayate beating her at a house task (or any task for that matter) is yet another thing I thoght I'd never see... I love this show.
This is neither a new nor substantial development.
Old 2009-04-27, 00:05   Link #34
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

I knew he had a crush on her, and even though there's been many "situations" between them, she seemed rather indifferent all those times. I mean, I never thought she would actually develop a crush on him too.
Old 2009-04-27, 00:18   Link #35
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

"Joining Hayate's harem"--and "develop a crush", for that matter--feels like an exaggeration, at least compared to Hina/Nagi/Nishizawa. She's depressed over her youth and doesn't have anyone else to give chocolate to.
Old 2009-04-27, 00:36   Link #36
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Well, it was totally different this time... I mean, when they went on that "date" back in S1 she didn't even realize it, and the only time she blushed was when it finally hit her that she was on a date with a man (she was nervous about the situation itself, not Hayate). This time she was making chocolate, blushing, nervous, trying to get his approval, her inner thoughts about Hayate being the only guy in her life who is close to her age, etc... That was a side of her I never saw before, it was a pretty interesting development to me. The flag was officially raised.
Old 2009-04-27, 01:51   Link #37
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
Yay, based on the preview it looks like they are now moving to the hinagiku arc.

I thought this episode was awesome, from what I remember it was much like the manga, and yes in the manga that was how hina and ayuomu met.

Everyones about to see how adorable ayumu can be, but I cant wait to see more of hina. Though, I wonder now how far this series will go down the manga volumes, because they just cleared a whole arc in one episode.

Anyway, I am happy with the job that JC Staff has done.
Old 2009-04-27, 09:24   Link #38
chaosprophet

That's another great episode! Good job JCS. I'm only a bit disapointed that they're skipping some of the "one chapter story chapters" as they too are quite funny... Like they skipped chapters 64 and 65 and by the preview of next episode they will skip chapters 68-70. But some of them may have been animated in some form in the last season but I can't remember it well enough...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post
I thought they have met each other b4 in season 1 ? Oh wait, the timeline is kinda messed up because of the randomness in season 1 ;_;
It's more like they ignored a lot of the events in the first season. This season starts one month after Hayate starts his job and while I don'r remember very well it seems like season one covers more than a year after Hayate become a butler.
Old 2009-04-27, 11:42   Link #39
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

This episode came a little too late considering how V day and White Day passed a couple of months ago.

Anyway I totally had a surprise from one of its parodies this episode :

Spoiler for spoiler:

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2009-04-27, 17:19   Link #40
Keio
Serious Business

Hayate: Father, what is love?
Father: To not hesitate, of course.
Hayate: I didn't want to hear the space detective's words.

A reference to the Space Sheriff trilogy? I remember watching those shows as a kid (especially Shaider) but can't remember from which one that line came from, since it was dubbed in our language. I must be old.