AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Old 2016-09-10, 20:27   Link #461
DorkingtonPugsly

This time I was ready. Been refreshing that page for the last week. Got both Sat and Mon.
Old 2016-10-03, 08:59   Link #462
BirdcageStarlet

Are there any showings upcoming for the UK...?
I mean, I doubt it, but I gotta ask, right?
BirdcageStarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-21, 18:47   Link #463
nojay
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdcageStarlet View Post
Are there any showings upcoming for the UK...?
I mean, I doubt it, but I gotta ask, right?
Bit late but the two movies were shown at the Scotland Loves Animation festival, one showing in Glasgow and one (which I've just got back from) in Edinburgh.

Basic no-spoilers review[1]: very Shaft-ey, more stylish and artsy than the TV and OAVs, lots more CG. Playing the Shaft productions "drink if there's a head-tilt" game would have destroyed my liver. Araragi-kun spends his screen time alternating between flop-sweat eyeball-rolling panic and Kool Dood posing with occasional comedy relief. Kiss-shot Acerola-Orion Heart-Under-Blade isn't as much of a participant in the story as you might have expected and doesn't get a lot of screen-time after Araragi-kun first encounters her, although the visuals of that encounter are something else. Araragi-kun receives a gift from Hanekawa-chan which he promises to treasure forever, indeed he swears it will become a family heirloom to be passed down through the generations.

[1]Given it's a prequel to a series where the events covered in these movies were discussed in depth by the participants any spoilers would be somewhat redundant.
Old 2016-10-22, 14:29   Link #464
moodie

Amazing. Really fucking Amazing.

How does Oishi keep doing it.
moodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-25, 16:23   Link #465
DorkingtonPugsly

All the fight scenes were done not only really well but also very creatively.
Despite the fact that seeing it on the big screen with good/huge speakers makes it epic, I'll look forward to seeing it alone in peace without people laughing at every part.
I just don't get why literally every scene has to be funny to some people. Was even worse than the first movie this time in terms of ruining the mood for serious scenes.
Old 2016-11-23, 22:40   Link #466
Vindstot

New key visual. Illustrated by Hideyuki Morioka.

Spoiler for New Key Visual:
Vindstot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-01, 02:12   Link #467
DorkingtonPugsly

Part 3 PV
Spoiler:
Old 2016-12-21, 19:21   Link #468
AB079
Banned

Just watched the second part of Kizu and holy shit it was amazing, as a fan of this franchise I'm very pleased about what SHAFT did with it, the fights were very well done, Shinobu's transformation was incredible (actually I have an entire folder with screenshots) and the interactions between Araragi and Hanekawa were hilarious and cute at the same time.

Really looking forward for the next part.
AB079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-03, 16:46   Link #469
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Not available in my country, but I'm sweating blood. holy shit, this looks amazing.

blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-18, 18:58   Link #470
moodie

https://twitter.com/aniplexUSA/statu...53870905516032

tickets go on sale 2/21 make sure u get ur tickets on time.

Movie starts April 7th
Old 2017-02-26, 19:56   Link #471
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Dunno if I should read the book first or watch the movies first.
Old 2017-04-08, 16:07   Link #472
moodie

finished the best anime movie i have ever seen. and ive seen things from satoshi kon to ghibili films

im soo happy
Old 2017-04-09, 01:09   Link #473
AB079
Banned

That was an amazing movie, every important scene from the Novels was portrayed in a very detailed way. It made me laugh so hard the interactions between Araragi and Hanekawa, while on the other hand Kiss Shot was truly the best girl.

The only complaint would be the animation looking kind of weird sometimes, aside that was an incredibly good movie, not a perfect one but worth the wait and the time watching it.
AB079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-12, 01:34   Link #474
Freeter
beyond

Kizumonogatari VR is now available as a free app for PS4 users with PSVR (Japanese PSN account required).

Basically, it's a collection of fight scenes from the Kizu movies that the player watches together with Shinobu. The environments change with each clip, and everything is presented in a dynamic way (for example, one of the scenes involves Shinobu holding an umbrella over you as the area rains, and you watch the clip play out in a puddle on the ground). It really elevates the whole experience beyond the simple 'trailer on a static screen'.

Definitely check it out if you can, it's worth it.
Old 2017-07-13, 13:06   Link #475
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Man, its so weird watching the other parts of the series after Kizu. The animation is just leagues apart.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-14, 01:38   Link #476
Diet
Calorie Mate

Hanekawa was testing self-control of adolescent males in whole 3 parts of movie.
It was not a mere cock-tease but actually even if Araragi raped her, She'd accept that.
That ”I'm really crazy for you” atmosphere made her looked as delicious in the different meaning of Kiss-Shot was saying.
I realized once again, Hanekawa is true heroine but merely author wanted to make something which is not corny.
IOW that psycho heroine named as Senjyougahara was mere plot twist, after all.
Diet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-14, 21:45   Link #477
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

just watched Part 2. god, this is pure art. It's an easy easy easy 10/10.
Old 2017-07-22, 16:46   Link #478
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Watched the third movie. That was incredible. Well worth the very long wait. I haven't seen anything with gore this over the top since Ash vs Evil Dead. Heads, limbs, and entrails flying everywhere

Spoiler:

On a side note, Maaya Sakamoto's work on these movies is some of her finest. I was amazed during the scene where all the incarnations of Kiss-shot start talking one after another.
Old 2017-11-05, 23:58   Link #479
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

What is with this anime and everyone trying to kill each other? every time I see a clip or gif someones trying to kill someone.

Is anyone in this anime a Ally? lol
Old 2019-02-05, 11:44   Link #480
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Finally sat down and watched Reiketsu-hen after so long. Goddamit, that was beautiful....I need more Kiss Shot/Shinobu centric stuff now. Mayoi Kyonshi, Shinobu Time, Shinobu Mastered are all wonderful too but so so short.

Also when the finale of Monogatari is written and done, they better make it into film also. The story works way better as film than anything else IMO.