AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2015-01-19, 15:16   Link #21
GodTurtleOm

Hmm, I just searched it, there's some pixiv fanart of the series, even if there's nothing official. Some it actually looks pretty good.

So is there never a real love interest for Reika?

Obviously, I don't want a story that's all shoujo romance, since that's rather boring, but I do like to see characters get paired up. It looks like some of the side characters do form romantic relationships from the later translated chapters.

Oniichanyamete translating chapters 73-77 has temporarily shut down kobatochandaisuki's motivation to translate the earlier chapters? That's a shame, especially since it seems that kobatochandaisuki provided the initial impetus for oniichanyamete to read the series. Also, I get the impression that oniichanyamate jumped so far ahead so that he/she wouldn't be seen as encroaching on kobatochandaisuki's turf. These translators are delicate sometimes. (Also, I wish the translators had shorter names and defined genders, so that I could use pronouns.) Oh well, I have no right to complain, it's not like I'm contributing anything.

EDIT: I really do appreciate translators, I'm not trying to hurt their feelings.

Last edited by GodTurtleOm; 2015-01-19 at 19:28.
GodTurtleOm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-19, 16:41   Link #22
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
srsly tho, from that very first, 'areee~?' its been nepnep all the way OTL
Yep Goddamn she's too cute. At least she's not an idiot like Nep though!

Quote:
also do you guys think we can start a club for fans of this series!?
Eeh with just 11 chapters translated and no illustration I don't think it's the time for that yet. I love this series too but I'll wait for a bit until kobato translate mo--

Quote:
Oniichanyamete translating chapters 73-77 has temporarily shut down kobatochandaisuki's motivation to translate the earlier chapters?
Oh well, one day we'll make it ;_;

Quote:
So is there never a real love interest for Reika?
Spoiler:

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-19, 18:02   Link #23
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodTurtleOm View Post
Oniichanyamete translating chapters 73-77 has temporarily shut down kobatochandaisuki's motivation to translate the earlier chapters? That's a shame, especially since it seems that kobatochandaisuki provided the initial impetus for oniichanyamete to read the series. Also, I get the impression that oniichanyamate jumped so far ahead so that he/she wouldn't be seen as encroaching on kobatochandaisuki's turf. These translators are delicate sometimes. (Also, I wish the translators had shorter names and defined genders, so that I could use pronouns.) Oh well, I have no right to complain, it's not like I'm contributing anything.
Translators are to be praised but at the same time, a lot of them can get way, way too touchy about certain things.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-19, 18:03   Link #24
Briollaire
ビームセイバー使い

sry :/ didnt think he would mind it, since i picked something so far from where he was up to...
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodTurtleOm View Post
And Om, I don't think that's really fair to say. Translators, especially fledgling ones with crappy Japanese like Kobato and I spend a lot of time on these things. And of course, the more time you invest in something, naturally the more sensitive you get about it. I'm sure that KCD wanted to all the chapters in his own way, and I wasn't planning on getting in the way of him doing that. I finished 77 just now, and I was actually going to jump 30~35 chapters ahead right after, except I woke up this morning and found out what happened to KCD.

But mn. I think his feelings are pretty understandable. I just sort of, underestimated them a tad, and thought I could get away with doing sporadic chapters, roughly a year down the line from where he was. I mean, I actually did look at his release speed, and estimately it all to roughly a year and everything, and skipped all the wonderful stuff that happened in the middle school section so I wouldn't be like a fatty going for only the cherries on the cake, but...

But urgh. Leaving Kenkyo aside, things like Maou have a lot of boring grinds to translate. Honestly if somebody came along and started translating it, I'm not sure that I wouldn't just take a break too. There's always this huge desire in me to just stop with Maou, because translating is such a bother for some chapters. And I'm sure KobatochanDaisuki has feelings like this too.

Um, what was this post supposed to be about again? Oh right. Replying to Om. So yeah, I don't think he's being overly delicate or something. I mean, yeah, he's on the delicate side of things if you look at it objectively, since there are probably some really thick-skinned people who would've gone "Good. Less work for me." but I am certain that they are in the minority. I was thinking KCD would be in roughly the middle of the spectrum, where he wouldn't care since I was doing chapters so far from where he was up to. Like, I'm sure silentwolfie didn't mind when zjumanji or whatever was tl-ing volumes 16-18 of Mushoku Tensei. And I've been trying to make him popular too. Most of the clicks off my website go to him, and I've been telling all my friends about him.

Argh, what is life

Last edited by Briollaire; 2015-01-19 at 18:38.
Briollaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-20, 09:47   Link #25
RBomber

@Briollaire
If this can cheer you up, no. I'm not mad or upset or anything. Just trying to be courteous/ nice. Being courteous/ nice on the internet actually is fun, and much less stress on nerves. For me, at least

Of course, polite trolling isn't actually nice, but, hey, nobody's perfect.

Also, another crazy theory: Reika being nice since childhood is actually what drives other Pivouin to act (or be) nice; they see Reika, and they see: "Whoa, Reika-sama is so cool! She is pretty, elegant, not afraid to do things, she could make anything looks awesome! She earnest and loyal to everyone, including commoners! Wait, but isn't it beneath us to associate with commoners... but... but... Reika-sama looks so much fun.... Aaaah, I wanna be like Reika-sama! Well, I guess it's okay to treat commoners a little nice here and then...."

Or something like that.

And since Reika is being consistent, the "corruption" pretty much build up.

Also, another crazy theory: The slowed down updates? Either the author is thinking hard for materials (making always fun story is fun, but sometimes can be boring ), or....

The author is trying to steel his/her heart for the inevitable WHAM episode, which open for climax and conclusion.

But, as I said, this is pretty much a crazy theory, born from a bored mind who find that learning new languange is too much a hassle.
RBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-23, 05:07   Link #26
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

Well, I just finished chapter 74, got to say...this one has become one of my favorite WN. It's all kinds of fun.

Pretty much every chapter makes me chuckle & leaves me with a smile. Reika being genre savvy is amusing as it is (at times even backfiring) but is also quite a pain for her in other ways, being a shoujo manga world. It's quite entertaining to see how she deals with it all (also amusing how she managed & kept up being, or at least looking like, an ojou-sama & "Empress" of the school).

I've only reached the part of the story where she just reached highschool, the "dreaded" three years when the plot of manga she reincarnated into begins and she has just gotten a glimpse of the "main heroine" of the original story.
Old 2015-01-23, 06:22   Link #27
capablanca

Her interaction with the heroine gets better later on. I particularly adore chapter 200.
capablanca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-23, 08:15   Link #28
Briollaire
ビームセイバー使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by capablanca View Post
Her interaction with the heroine gets better later on. I particularly adore chapter 200.
I love the chapter where she's having so much fun, she accidentally says "Wakaba-chan" aloud a bunch of times.
Spoiler:
Old 2015-01-23, 08:34   Link #29
RBomber

Wait.

You mean... her posse... "Emperor"...

That's... that's not how a posse works....

Spoiler for what friends:
Old 2015-01-23, 09:51   Link #30
Briollaire
ビームセイバー使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBomber View Post
Wait.

You mean... her posse... "Emperor"...

That's... that's not how a posse works....

Spoiler for what friends:
Spoiler:
Two of my fav fan illustrations of Reika with said fan. Incidentally she gains the nickname Kali from this incident. She seals the fan away, but unseals it once more during high school.

Reika-sama and her happy friends [collection] by Kuramoto
Spoiler:
Reika-sama by Akebi
Spoiler:
Old 2015-01-23, 10:29   Link #31
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

Ah, the Goddess Kali incident, that was satisfyingly...very shoujo manga-ish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briollaire View Post
Reika-sama by Akebi
Oh, this one I like. This will help me visualize her because even if I know she isn't blonde, years of overexposure to so many anime ring/curled haired ojou-sama's in anime kept overlapping in my mental image of her. (thankfully she doesn't do the Ohohoho laugh...yet?)
Old 2015-01-23, 10:56   Link #32
RBomber

From your description,
Spoiler for Hindu Myth:

Also,
Spoiler for pecking order? what pecking order?:
Old 2015-01-23, 12:00   Link #33
Briollaire
ビームセイバー使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBomber View Post
From your description,
Spoiler for Hindu Myth:

Also,
Spoiler for pecking order? what pecking order?:
That's the thing. She can't. Because Reika-chama was showing weakness (tolerance), she got ahead of herself.
Spoiler:
Old 2015-01-23, 12:22   Link #34
RBomber

Well, what I meant is the first incident, not the escalation. So, 1st harassed girl is not Pivoine either, right?

Also, the 2nd fan unsealing is related with coup attempt, or it is yet another incident?

On my country, Kali and Durga got mixed, too. Javanese myth put Durga as evil force cause she's ugly. And purposely makes Gatutkaca into attractive, handsome guy just because he's on Pandawa, while actual Mahabaratha didn't hide the fact that he's, well, half-raksasha.
Old 2015-01-23, 16:02   Link #35
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Huh that reminds me that I haven't searched any fanart for this series. Found some pretty interesting pics too but kinda sad that there's only 3 pages of fanart
My favorite is probably this
Spoiler:

...Update when

Old 2015-01-23, 16:24   Link #36
Xanos

I thought the fire fly incident was funny. From what I got using GT she expected to be surrounded by fire flies, but they all end up flying around a girl I think was gunning for Masaya.

I seriously think enjo might be her main love interest, even though she tries to avoid all interactions and rumors with him, but he always seem to raise a lot of flags. So at the moment she sees him more of slight annoyance than anything else.

Last edited by Xanos; 2015-01-23 at 18:32.
Xanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-23, 20:49   Link #37
Riz
Djokjakarta~~~

Quote:
...stalker-kaburagi was pretty damn scary
huh . . .
WHUT . . .!?

“Excuse me, two of this [squeezed raw milk soft cream] please!”

Kazuki spontaneously read the menu frankly without even questioning it.

“Otouto-kun…that item’s name, make me feel so complicated somehow…”

Kaguya-senpai was dealt the final blow from a strange place and received even more shock.

[Sauce]
Riz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-23, 22:21   Link #38
Xanos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riz View Post
huh . . .
WHUT . . .!?
Spoiler for mail:
Xanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-01, 16:27   Link #39
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Just realized that there's new raw chapters up http://ncode.syosetu.com/n4029bs/236/

Anyone knows how to get notification for new chapters? I don't know how to use that site well. As for translation.. seems like kobato still in slums for uh, whatever reasons. Hopefully she'll get back in track so that we can enjoy more chapters.

Old 2015-02-01, 17:10   Link #40
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

Aye, I've read it few days ago since I was catching up to is slowly until the NEXT button disappeared. The Yesss!/Nooo! feeling of catching up to the latest RAW & the feeling being wanting to but unable to read more...

Reika really has bad affinity with a lot of animals huh (mostly pigeons). The POV shifts are entertaining as always as well, interesting to see how most people view her & her...perceived behavior.

Also chapter 200, that was just amusingly adorable all around indeed (Friendship!). The author's update started to get became erratic upon 2014 onward huh.