AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-09-09, 23:29   Link #2381
haseo0408

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark700 View Post
Well, it didn't take a huge mech, powerful magic, or a military to stop Altair in the end. It was more of a connection between certain characters.

One more episode left and they still haven't mentioned Selestia at all since her death. I guess she really won't come back?
I have the feeling we will have answers in that regard in the final episode, still hoping Selesia will comeback, she and everybody else earn a happy ending for all this.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-10, 03:37   Link #2382
Convoy
Knight of Infinity

Wow, this episode was a real emotion ride.
Convoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-10, 04:17   Link #2383
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep21:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-10, 05:33   Link #2384
justpassingby

I'm glad that I've cancelled the BDs preorders. What a waste of time. If Hiroe and Aoki wanted to show that Altair and Setsuna were so important, then do it since the first episode.

Don't bother with other characters whose "development" if any and if meaningful, and the death of characters, when all was not even reflected by Altair or Setsuna. The fights were boring, and pointless even before ECF. I loled looking at Japanese twitters saying what a touching scene, even accompanied with the 泣 it was between Setsuna and Altair, characters that I don't give a fuck about.

If the characters that got killed are revived next week, then it will debase everything.
If they're not, then why a terrible villain (painted by most of the cast with most of the screen time) or "MC" (whatever Hiroe was smoking) should get a happy ending?

Well, at least it felt good to tell Hiroe that he sucks, even though I was blocked by him later. Pretty sure there was another Japanese twitter that was blocked by Hiroe when I went through #レクリエイターズ tag last week.

Last edited by justpassingby; 2017-09-10 at 06:37.
justpassingby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-10, 05:39   Link #2385
xizro345
King's Justice

I think some comments may be a little overreaction. This ending was coming since a long time, especially when Meteora said a long time ago Creations couldn't save the world but creators could. It also fits thematically with everything the series laid out until now.

A deus ex machina resolution was foreshadowed a long time ago.
And I''d like to point out Sota was never labelled as the main character and even the last interview I posted reiterated it.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-10, 05:46   Link #2386
justpassingby

Just because the creators of this abomination said this and that and foreshadowed this and that, this and that do not mean they are acceptable, good, or even entertaining.

Edit: I was talking about Altair being the MC btw.

Last edited by justpassingby; 2017-09-10 at 06:37.
justpassingby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-10, 06:17   Link #2387
James Rye

If I were a watcher in that audience I would have been bored. And pissed. Like who was that girl? Why was she so important? How come she wasn't foreshadowed/build up in all the previous stories leading up to this chamber festival? Why is Altair suddenly acting like that? How come all the others and their sacrifices MEANT NOTHING!? What the hell???
Kinda like that.
I dunno, this episode felt very detached from all its previous ones, like it was an entire separate story.
Old 2017-09-10, 06:24   Link #2388
devilo96

Eps 21.....where is my fucking tissue.....damn a good way to solve the series
Now what happend to the creation?
A.back their own world
B.cant get back to their world
C.metoara and sota ship finally sail
D.ur own answer
devilo96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-10, 06:40   Link #2389
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
If I were a watcher in that audience I would have been bored. And pissed. Like who was that girl? Why was she so important? How come she wasn't foreshadowed/build up in all the previous stories leading up to this chamber festival? Why is Altair suddenly acting like that?
About the bolded part, Nakanogane already said one episode ago that they did include Setsuna in the Prequel as Altair's creator. That's why the audience know who she is and her relation to Altair as well as Altair's motives.
Old 2017-09-10, 07:11   Link #2390
xizro345
King's Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpassingby View Post
Just because the creators of this abomination said this and that and foreshadowed this and that, this and that do not mean they are acceptable, good, or even entertaining.

Edit: I was talking about Altair being the MC btw.
I've seen far worse to consider this an "abomination". And I think it's pretty entertaining so far. Despite some issues (not the ones you're mentioning) it's decent, overall.

Honestly, I don't see the point of all the snark at it.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-10, 07:24   Link #2391
justpassingby

Are we playing 'who has watch or read the most' now? . It's still an abomination for me, not entertaining and the purpose of snarking is to let the creators of this abomination know that not everyone going to eat whatever they were thrown into their faces.

It doesn't mean I'm not letting you enjoy whatever this show is.
Old 2017-09-10, 07:28   Link #2392
deadite

@justpassingby
Grow up. Re:Creators is no means a masterpiece but being snide and mocking people who actually worked hard to produce anime is immature. It's one thing to criticize a work and another to mock the people who made it. Your complete lack of empathy betrays the kind of person you are.
deadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-10, 07:37   Link #2393
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilo96 View Post
Eps 21.....where is my fucking tissue.....damn a good way to solve the series
Now what happend to the creation?
A.back their own world
B.cant get back to their world
C.metoara and sota ship finally sail
D.ur own answer
e. Sota and Magane
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-10, 07:40   Link #2394
justpassingby

As if the staffs actually have empathy towards their characters who are not the boring two mains in the latest episode. I don't think it is that hard to write a terrible story like this, so I don't think calling a teribble thing as a terrible thing is a terrible thing. If we're not allowed to mock, why is the word "mock" even exist? I'm not even mocking any of you?
Grow up, will you? Not everyone is going to either praise or shut up about this s
Old 2017-09-10, 09:59   Link #2395
drawr

In the penultimate episode this show tried to get me to empathize with the sadistic character who killed Mamika, Alice and orchestrated Selesia's death. And who also is trying to end the world and pretend it was an admirable cause. It did not work but I'm impressed by how low it stooped. I had no expectations given my issues with this show's earlier episodes, but whew.
drawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-10, 15:32   Link #2396
Shadow5YA

I'll withhold judgment until I see the next episode, which I'm hoping will be the epilogue. Hopefully Magane and Altair don't get away for free.

I supposed Hiroe wanted to write some romantic message that any fan creation can get a loving following, but that doesn't actually paint a pretty picture considering both Altair and Magane are murderers. Getting Setsuna to stay alive for free just because Altair says she can is also a fairly cheap copout for a happy ending that trivializes the weight of her death. Sota drawing a person who existed in real life is also not the same as writing fiction, so I'm not sure why he and the story pretends as if he's a real Creator now.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-10, 15:57   Link #2397
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Okay, that was just... weird.

On one level, it made perfect sense. Altair wasn't going to be stopped by force, because the audience wanted her to be invincible. The only way to stop her was to go after her motivation, to address the source of her pain and anger. Setsuna was the only thing that could stop her. Meanwhile, Magane's power to turn lies into truth had already been established, so using it to introduce a replica of Setsuna was entirely workable. It all came together.

On another level, it made no sense. After all the buildup and all the action of the past several episodes, the solution comes down to what is essentially a "two-hander" between characters we haven't really been rooting for or even thinking about for much of the show, while all the heroes we've been following are either dead or just standing around doing nothing.

Those two points only fit as a coherent whole if Altair is the main character of the story - which she isn't, or at least she hasn't looked that way from where I've been watching.

Very, very weird.
BBOvenGuy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-10, 16:02   Link #2398
4th Dimension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
About the bolded part, Nakanogane already said one episode ago that they did include Setsuna in the Prequel as Altair's creator. That's why the audience know who she is and her relation to Altair as well as Altair's motives.
The recursivity of this story is making it hard to talk about this. But let's for the sake of the argument, call our world IRL, call the Re:Creators world where Souta is and the Festival the universe of the story the audience was being shown. Of course the audience doesn't know that the Festival = Re:Creator's world.

So what you are saying is that the audience was ENCHANTED by the "noble" goal of the Altair in the Festival to ANNIHILATE and MURDER all the people of the Festival world because her Creator died.....
Frankly I don't even....
You know what? I TOTALLY wouldn't mind Altair taking her time murdering any of those "Enchanted" audience members....
And given the response form the Japanese audience and some here... I don't even too about that... What to say that wouldn't be horrible.... Then I better say nothing, considering how utterly WRONG I consider this...

PS: Destroying the world is NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER ever a right thing to do and only a despicable villain might wish for it.

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-10, 16:09   Link #2399
4th Dimension

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
Those two points only fit as a coherent whole if Altair is the main character of the story - which she isn't, or at least she hasn't looked that way from where I've been watching.
Unfortunately in universe, and apparently to some too, Altair IS the MC. Only she is the MC of Setsunas's revenge fanfic. And as is common for the new writers her OC or pet character is the OP Mary Sue.
Which I guess also makes the Setsuna kinda a crummy writer too.

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-10, 16:21   Link #2400
deadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Dimension View Post
The recursivity of this story is making it hard to talk about this. But let's for the sake of the argument, call our world IRL, call the Re:Creators world where Souta is and the Festival the universe of the story the audience was being shown. Of course the audience doesn't know that the Festival = Re:Creator's world.

So what you are saying is that the audience was ENCHANTED by the "noble" goal of the Altair in the Festival to ANNIHILATE and MURDER all the people of the Festival world because her Creator died.....
Frankly I don't even....
You know what? I TOTALLY wouldn't mind Altair taking her time murdering any of those "Enchanted" audience members....
And given the response form the Japanese audience and some here... I don't even too about that... What to say that wouldn't be horrible.... Then I better say nothing, considering how utterly WRONG I consider this...

PS: Destroying the world is NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER ever a right thing to do and only a despicable villain might wish for it.
No you got it all wrong. The audience wanted to see where Altair's story would lead her, most likely how she will stop destroying the world despite her OPness and origins
deadite is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, mahou shoujo, mecha, sci-fi, summoning