AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

View Poll Results: Lucky Star - Episode 20 Rating
Perfect 10 38 44.71%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 34.12%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 15.29%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 3.53%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.18%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.18%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-21, 18:04   Link #81
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calawain View Post
...Overall the seiyu casting for the show is excellent, and incorporates many that I've never heard from before. There's something to be said for finding great new talent.
True. And I think we probably also have to give some credit to the sound director, who is apparently usually the one directing the seiyuus during recording. He is Tsuruoka Yota, a very experienced sound director, who has done all the big KyoAni shows in the past three years (FMP, AIR, SHnY, Kanon), but also many other shows with great voice-acting: Asatte no Houkou, Hitohira, Rozen Maiden, Negima, Petopeto-san, etc., etc.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2007-08-21, 18:31   Link #82
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore_Obsessed View Post
I wonder what were they thinking after seeing that performance?
"I hope i don't forget to check out Lucky Star."
Old 2007-08-21, 19:49   Link #83
rainnydaiis
Let it Rain

Send a message via MSN to rainnydaiis
I gave it a 9 out of 10 because I accidentally pressed the wrong button, Would've gave it a 10. I just loved the whole dad part and the mosquito.

also at the ending when akira kept saying picco picco reminded me of Air T-T
Old 2007-08-22, 07:08   Link #84
Claymore_Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
True. And I think we probably also have to give some credit to the sound director, who is apparently usually the one directing the seiyuus during recording. He is Tsuruoka Yota, a very experienced sound director, who has done all the big KyoAni shows in the past three years (FMP, AIR, SHnY, Kanon), but also many other shows with great voice-acting: Asatte no Houkou, Hitohira, Rozen Maiden, Negima, Petopeto-san, etc., etc.
OMG I've see the list, he is the sound director for a lot of anime I really like !
Old 2007-08-22, 08:48   Link #85
Seditary
Ooooo what?!

It struck me this episode (probably because of the short sharp 4-koma format used heavily this ep) that I really like how Kagami dresses and that she looks great in just about everything.

Plus my favourite bit was when Kona-chan and Yu-chan left for the fireworks and Soujirou was seeing them off wearing his camera, obviously taken some mementos for himself
Old 2007-08-22, 08:54   Link #86
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

90% the otaku girls are afraid to be harassed by the otaku guys
10% there YAOI fans or Lesbians LOL Just kidding

Gave also the ep a 10 for all the loli parade! Hoping for more parodies and silly questions from Konata.
Old 2007-08-22, 09:07   Link #87
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Talking about silly questions, I just realised that Konata had actually provided the obvious answer as to why none of the girls have any boyfriends......

Spoiler for paraphrasing from anime:
Old 2007-08-22, 10:22   Link #88
That was embarrasing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Talking about silly questions, I just realised that Konata had actually provided the obvious answer as to why none of the girls have any boyfriends......

Unvelibable deduction... I think I would have never thought of that. I will give a 10 to this episode: I think the final comment of Konata (suggesting the relationship between Yukata and Minami) is just... awesome... X3
Old 2007-08-22, 11:06   Link #89
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Ahhh now that was quite a refreshing step up from the repetition and mehness of the last episode.

Perfect balance of kona/kagami moments and giving the full cast a decent rotation under the spotlight. I only hope they can manage to keep the quality of the show high through the final stretch here...And for god sakes stop teasing me with haruhi...Gimme season 2 or sod off.

I was so sad that they cut L*C so short...For the first time in awhile they get a genuine laugh from the insiderish jokes then they go and cut it short and suddenly...BAH I say bah...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Old 2007-08-22, 14:58   Link #90
Claymore_Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post

yes, that is an undeniable truth (imho at least).

about Haruhi... yes it seems they have entered "barrage fire" mode, but they are reaching their goal, aren't they?

LC was indeed very short this time! I'm in Akira withdrawal, and somehow I miss Minoru too (no, the ED doesn't count ^^; )
Old 2007-08-22, 15:55   Link #91
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Ono Daisuke's LS avatar is so deliciously fruity.
Old 2007-08-22, 19:02   Link #92
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Ono Daisuke's LS avatar is so deliciously fruity.
I have no idea who the avatar's referencing if it is even doing so. I thought he looked uncannily like Guiche from ZnT, but "blonde pretty-boys with roses" is a terribly general character form.

9/10. The pacing looked slightly weird to me, but the jokes are pretty verbatim from the manga, though the Haruhi soft drink commercial jarred me a bit.
Old 2007-08-22, 20:25   Link #93
Suzumiya Haruhi
Destroying the balance

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVPlaya View Post
I'm not sure what kind of girl Yutaka really is,
I remember her daydreaming about a prince back in Lucky Star 18 (or... it seemed like a boy), is that a helpful hint to what kind of girl she is? ^^;;

The Otaku Spot - My anime & manga reviews, musings, and pointless rants...
Old 2007-08-22, 21:37   Link #94
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzumiya Haruhi View Post
I remember her daydreaming about a prince back in Lucky Star 18 (or... it seemed like a boy), is that a helpful hint to what kind of girl she is? ^^;;
Ah, good point. Yeah she may look like she's in love with a girl, but in her mind she's a her prince, maybe. She not really gay...

It just seemed that this is a very "sexy" or at least sensual episode. I don't know about you but almost everything about Kagami is sexy in this EP. The way she posed, dressed (at least 4 different outfits), even talked. Misao's lament at the every end about how her love can never reach Kagamin feels genuinely sad, even though like everything she said it was cute (Why DOES Kagami love that Chibi'ko and not this Yaeba-chan?). The girls all looked sexy in their Yutakas, and of course we have the most intimate scene thus far. Heck, some lolicon may even find Kona in her messy tank-top "distrubing". This is what I was feeling but unable to word it... this EP is different and special.

Some yummy Kagami shots. It's the middle of the summer, and the girl wears pantyhose at home! And the way she sits on that bed... man, this girl is a woman now.

Old 2007-08-22, 21:45   Link #95
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Quote:
The girls all looked sexy in their Yutakas, and of course we have the most intimate scene thus far.
That's actually quite the scary thought.

Old 2007-08-22, 21:49   Link #96
Calawain
Gaijin

Two notes upon episode re-watch:

1) I agree with AVPlaya, Kagami definitely seems to be showing off her more womanly side lately, especially in this epsiode. She's less angry it seems, and does strike some sensual poses.

2) As for the part near the beginning where Yui keeps walking in on Kona-chan doing things aside from studying and commenting that she always seems like she's on "break," I can definitely relate. Back when I lived at home with my mother she always seemed to barge in when I was taking my uh very short breaks! Short I swear!
Old 2007-08-22, 22:09   Link #97
takumi2k4

Good Lord, somebody hide those pictures! They may die from a case of "moe overload"! (Me )

Anyways, now that AVPlaya has mentioned it, it does seem that Kagami is aiming to really look sexy. That's how you execute fanservice right there, it ain't all about the pantyshots, or the cleavage. Those harem shows needs to take a clue from L*S in how to achieve maximum fanservice.

But yeah, those pictures are so yummy indeed.

I'm starting to feel like Soujiro everytime I see those pics... must get away...
Old 2007-08-22, 22:12   Link #98
Minorou
Hmm...

Send a message via AIM to Minorou Send a message via MSN to Minorou
Quote:
Some yummy Kagami shots. It's the middle of the summer, and the girl wears pantyhose at home! And the way she sits on that bed... man, this girl is a woman now.
I was just thinking this when I was looking for avatar material. Much Kagamin love for me, I'd say. <3
And I agree with takumi, you don't need cleavage or pantyshots to look sexy. Most people don't seem to realize that, unfortunately.
Old 2007-08-22, 22:17   Link #99
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by takumi2k4 View Post
Anyways, now that AVPlaya has mentioned it, it does seem that Kagami is aiming to really look sexy. That's how you execute fanservice right there, it ain't all about the pantyshots, or the cleavage. Those harem shows needs to take a clue from L*S in how to achieve maximum fanservice.
Plus, that ponytail over the shoulder just adds to her allure, too!

Old 2007-08-23, 01:44   Link #100
Omfgbbqwtf

hm... Maybe Kagami is showing off her womanly side to seduce Konata, but too bad Game > Kagami in Konata's eyes.
Closed Thread