AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: High School DxD [LN/M] - Volume 25 Rating
Perfect 10 22 47.83%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 21.74%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 19.57%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 10.87%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2018-06-11, 12:27   Link #2681
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Didn't have to be an asspull victory. Just a victory. Though Yusuke doesn't seem to be suited for the position of Demon King. Even if he'd won, he'd probably have given the position to someone else. The person who did win is a nobody, though. He won in a special case. So if Yusuke or someone else had won, it wouldn't really have been an asspull victory. I don't remember what exactly happened, though, so I could be wrong.

Anyway, you're still wrong about Rias being one-shotted even with her whole team, Parry-san. I mean really. Just look at her team's lineup. Of course she'd get retired if she gets caught by people from the opposing team that are too strong for her or by people who are bad match-up for her, but that doesn't only apply to her alone. What do you think would happen to Ise if he went up against Balberith but didn't get a power-up to help him beat him? He'd get retired, right? Or if it's a situation like Balor Rias vs. Fenrir where Rias got too weak to continue. Aside from that, do you really think Rias' team would be one-shotted just because Rias isn't as strong as most of the other Kings?

Edit: One post late.
Old 2018-06-11, 14:10   Link #2682
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksider555 View Post
So what do you guys think that [Alphecca Tyrant] & [Nereid Kyrie] Sacred Gear abilities are? The full translation of [Alphecca Tyrant] is [The Unparalleled Crown of Abyss] & we know that it's the Holy Nail. [Nereid Kyrie] full translation is [Poem of Endless Green Sea].
[Alphecca Tyrant] Can exert control over those it impales with its nails. Super-effective against devils, vampires, and youkai. Can easily restrain movements of those it impales. And the Balance Breaker would basically be complete domination over beings. Like you can impale someone and control them like a puppet.

[Nereid Kyrie] Has the power to control water with simple commands. Can easily control large bodies of water. Can even flood entire countries if fully mastered.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-11, 14:18   Link #2683
Palmito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
[Alphecca Tyrant] Can exert control over those it impales with its nails. Super-effective against devils, vampires, and youkai. Can easily restrain movements of those it impales. And the Balance Breaker would basically be complete domination over beings. Like you can impale someone and control them like a puppet.

[Nereid Kyrie] Has the power to control water with simple commands. Can easily control large bodies of water. Can even flood entire countries if fully mastered.
I dont know if the former is strong enough to be classified as a longinus. This is basically the skill of Excalibur Ruler.
Palmito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-11, 14:37   Link #2684
Parry999

Ruler legit worked on a top 10 magically off screen. xD
Parry999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-11, 14:38   Link #2685
Sauron12561

With no limitations as to who it can control (even god-class beings), it most definitely is powerful to be classified as a longinus. Remember that is was said that Excaliburt Ruler was the most powerful of all the 7 excalibur pieces and was even capable of controlling a top 10 class being.

eidt: 1 post late
Sauron12561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-11, 15:26   Link #2686
Palmito

I know how powerful Ruler is. What I'm saying is it would be a lack of creativity to create a longinus that has the same skill as one of the Excalibur fragments.
Palmito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-11, 15:45   Link #2687
Darksider555
Bringer of Darkness

Some holy swords share similar power to Longinus. For instance, Durandal & Slash dog can cut everything.
Darksider555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-11, 15:57   Link #2688
Parry999

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
Didn't have to be an asspull victory. Just a victory. Though Yusuke doesn't seem to be suited for the position of Demon King. Even if he'd won, he'd probably have given the position to someone else. The person who did win is a nobody, though. He won in a special case. So if Yusuke or someone else had won, it wouldn't really have been an asspull victory. I don't remember what exactly happened, though, so I could be wrong.

Anyway, you're still wrong about Rias being one-shotted even with her whole team, Parry-san. I mean really. Just look at her team's lineup. Of course she'd get retired if she gets caught by people from the opposing team that are too strong for her or by people who are bad match-up for her, but that doesn't only apply to her alone. What do you think would happen to Ise if he went up against Balberith but didn't get a power-up to help him beat him? He'd get retired, right? Or if it's a situation like Balor Rias vs. Fenrir where Rias got too weak to continue. Aside from that, do you really think Rias' team would be one-shotted just because Rias isn't as strong as most of the other Kings?

Edit: One post late.
it was Yusuke demon daddys best friend or close ally who won. Each of Yusuke allys where demon king class because full Rizen was above everyone in the verse. No i don't think anyone but Indra and Balberith can beat Crom one on one. When did I say her team would be one shotted?

Last edited by Parry999; 2018-06-11 at 16:07.
Parry999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-11, 17:13   Link #2689
Norn
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksider555 View Post
So what do you guys think that [Alphecca Tyrant] & [Nereid Kyrie] Sacred Gear abilities are? The full translation of [Alphecca Tyrant] is [The Unparalleled Crown of Abyss] & we know that it's the Holy Nail. [Nereid Kyrie] full translation is [Poem of Endless Green Sea].
[Alphecca Tyrant] being the Holy Nail while it carries the epithet of "Crown" kind of triggers me. Should've made it the thorn crown instead, even if it's not really accepted as a Holy Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post

I'm really curious to see in what form we will see it. Maybe it's a spear like True Longinus? Or perhaps a rapier?

[Nereid Kyrie] can probably do some great things. Water is super versatile, so complete control over it will be quite wild.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmito View Post
I dont know if the former is strong enough to be classified as a longinus. This is basically the skill of Excalibur Ruler.
It's super effective against creatures of darkness and it's basically one of the holy items surrounding the death of Christ. Truth to be told, it does seem less powerful than True Longinus and Incinerate Anthem. I guess we'll just have to see how this will go.
Norn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-11, 17:49   Link #2690
godz

have not thought that maybe Zeno is Hades in disguise or the true king of the black satan team is Hades, making Zeno just a substitute king ... with that black satan team could be the most powerful of the competition.
godz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-11, 19:46   Link #2691
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parry999 View Post
Ruler legit worked on a top 10 magically off screen. xD
A weakened Top 10 who was held down with the chains of Glepnir and had to take on.Vali in Juggernaut Drive.
Old 2018-06-12, 08:14   Link #2692
DragonOsman
Dragon King

A Vali who hadn't mastered Juggernaut Drive since it wasn't on Albion's level in his prime yet and who could only stay in control for a few minutes.

@Norn: Why would the Holy Nail have the form of a sword when it's a nail? What I'm thinking of is that thing that's shaped kind of like a screw except instead of using a screwdriver, you have to hammer it in.
Old 2018-06-12, 08:23   Link #2693
Lucidrago

Juggernaut Drive can't be mastered. It was at a pretty insane level. He would be powerful enough in Juggernaut Drive to take on Fenrir for the few minutes he's able to use it. That combined with the chains of Glepnir and using Ruler on Fenrir is what allowed Fenrir to be tamed.

I was replying to the guy who said Ruler worked on Fenrir. It worked in Fenrir in combination with the other two things listed above.
Old 2018-06-12, 08:31   Link #2694
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Euclid said he could've mastered it. And Ddraig said he'd be able to bring out more than his full power. You probably just have to have high enough aura to use in place of life-force as well as a strong enough base to be able to bring out the Two Heavenly Dragons' full power or more.
Old 2018-06-12, 08:45   Link #2695
Lucidrago

Could he master it or would he just do the same thing that Vali did? Just hold back the negative effects for a few minutes?
Old 2018-06-12, 08:51   Link #2696
Sauron12561

isnt that essentially the same when it comes to the original JD?
Sauron12561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-12, 09:00   Link #2697
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@Lucidrago: He'd be able to bring out more than the full power of the Two Heavenly Dragons and also be able to control it for longer than Vali managed to (at least). And Euclid has a Maou-class base, so that means Vali and Ise need to get their base to below Maou-class but still somewhere high in Ultimate-class (because Maou-class = more than full power of Two Heavenly Dragons, which means exactly at their level = below Maou-class but still Ultimate-class (maybe high-tier Ultimate-class; Vali still can't do it probably because his base is low-tier Ultimate-class or so)).
Old 2018-06-12, 10:04   Link #2698
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
Euclid said he could've mastered it. And Ddraig said he'd be able to bring out more than his full power. You probably just have to have high enough aura to use in place of life-force as well as a strong enough base to be able to bring out the Two Heavenly Dragons' full power or more.
Depends on what the mastery mean. After all Euclid was offering Ddraig to enter his Boosted Gear not Ise's original one.
B214 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-12, 10:22   Link #2699
Darksider555
Bringer of Darkness

Part 4 of Life 0: Shooting Star & Longinus

Spoiler for Shooting Star:
Darksider555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-13, 10:44   Link #2700
AzazelDxD

Thumbs up

Interesting. thanks.
AzazelDxD is offline   Reply With Quote