Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2014-10-02, 08:00   Link #21
dmaxzero

So Sasuke wants to be Lelouch.
Hope he dies.
I know he wont, but one can hope.

I am sure this will be long and anticlimactic with talk no jutsu.
dmaxzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-02, 08:30   Link #22
Sinedd

Send a message via AIM to Sinedd Send a message via Yahoo to Sinedd
Chapter 694: Naruto and Sasuke
Sasuke has decided to talk about his "TRUE DREAM" and what it means to become Hokage, what is a Hokage.
He has an interesting opinion, but he is still wrong: at least, he doesn't hate Itachi anymore and understood his actions. But he didn't understood everything!
Itachi said: If you become too prideful and forget about all the people who gave you strength that brought you to this moments and get too focused on the individual, sooner or later, you'll become just like Madara. Itachi was right all the time. Itachi was always smarter than Sasuke and a better Shinobi. I'm sure that Sasuke thinks that he had surpassed his brother, but he didn't, he never will!
Sasuke is just like Madara, both of them have narcissistic personality! Too bad Sasuke didn't ally with Madara! He is ALONE NOW! The last Uchiha.
Last time I said Sasuke is a better Hokage, now I changed my mind: You can't do everything by yourself, command everything...NARUTO IS A BETTER HOKAGE! He works with people, listen the people...Sasuke is wrong!
THE FRIENDSHIP COLLIDES! SASUKE VS. NARUTO LAST BATTLE STARTS NOW!
IMPORTANT MESSAGE: Manga will not release Wednesdays anymore, only on Thursday, same day with Anime.
Copied from the Internet, a user posted this: The reason we got Naruto, Bleach, One Piece (Jump magazine) on Tuesdays is because we actually got them before they even release in Japan. This was possible because Jump is shipped to stores, which will put them on the shelves on the following Monday. Well, of course some of these places will leak the raws early, which then get translated and here we are.

Recently, the company that publishes Jump put in policies to delay the release of Jump being shipped to stores. This reduces how close leaks happen in comparison to the actual release, but unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on your pov) this doesn't really solve the root problem of "stuff getting scanned and posted online
Sinedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-02, 08:34   Link #23
SeanQ

So basically this chapter, Sasuke repeated his idea to naruto in 30 different ways ... -_-
Old 2014-10-02, 09:06   Link #24
Shinagami
Rubiks Cube

Aren't these guys tired Narutos been fighting for days on end before Sasuke came... Maybe they rested off panel or the sage powerup does wonders
Shinagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-02, 09:24   Link #25
james0246

I like the emphasis on failure as a means of learning from the past. Failure is an indomitable tool, and Naruto is wise to choose it as one of the cornerstones for embracing the past.

...I was really hoping Sasuke would have said he loves Naruto rather than just being friends. Oh well, my yaoi fanfiction will have to suffice I guess...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-02, 09:26   Link #26
Kumagawa

The first Naruto, Sasuke valley fight took 10 chapters excluding the 6 chapters of Sasuke's flashback.

How long do you think this one will last?

I'm still holding out hope it will end before the next film's release.
Kumagawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-02, 09:36   Link #27
itachi-san314

^there will certainly be more talking. I guess it depends on how flashback crazy kishi wants to get. He's already started with them so it's not a good sign
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-02, 10:00   Link #28
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

though it could have been better sasuke's motivation and his explanation is not that bad and yeah it is in the same lines of lelouch, but not to the extreme level that lelouch was and for this manga it will never be, because if it did go to the extreme level, then naruto would have failed to save his friend which has become a big thing though out the series. and naruto to fail to save his friend again just wont be a satisfying ending to this series.
so i am fine with sasuke's explanation and his version of hokage and that naruto is against it and trying to stop him.

i am curious as to how it will go in the end, they better not go back to the battle like best buddies.

but for now, less talk more fight.
Old 2014-10-02, 10:04   Link #29
Artful_Dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan kyuubi View Post
Chapter is out!

And look everyone! The douchebag wants to rule with iron fist. He really is a dumbass!
Sounds pretty judgemental before even hearing the alternative plan(whatever naruto's plan is --probably something like "just believing in people"). Other than being kage of all villages, and his particular style of ruling, is this really that much different than the conventional ruling thats been going on; or what will go on if/when Naruto becomes hokage?

I think all the villages are already ruled with an iron fist if you really think about it, all of them are mainly governed by one monarch and they have strict/harsh laws in place for law-breakers. Sasuke's general idea actually makes sense. In a way, the person governing a people has to have a somewhat different state of mind and keep away from biases(which could come from what he calls "bonds") in order to be fair and consistent in judgments. We already have dedicated people who take on tremendous burdens in our society so that others don't have to, and consequently lead disconnected lives in a way. The abstract idea is not dumb.

...Either way I'm sure you were well prepared to blindly reject whatever the plan was regardless and call it stupid/dumb, because of who its coming from lol.
Artful_Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-02, 10:06   Link #30
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumagawa View Post
The first Naruto, Sasuke valley fight took 10 chapters excluding the 6 chapters of Sasuke's flashback.

How long do you think this one will last?

I'm still holding out hope it will end before the next film's release.
If we count this as the first chapter of the battle (due to the title), I'd estimate the following formula:

B = battle length
E = epilogue length

B = 6 - E

Because I honestly expect the series to end at chapter 700, but I also expect an epilogue. I wouldn't be surprised if the battle ends in the first page or two of chapter 700 and the rest is epilogue, however.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-02, 10:25   Link #31
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artful_Dodger View Post
Sounds pretty judgemental before even hearing the alternative plan(whatever naruto's plan is --probably something like "just believing in people"). Other than being kage of all villages, and his particular style of ruling, is this really that much different than the conventional ruling thats been going on; or what will go on if/when Naruto becomes hokage?

I think all the villages are already ruled with an iron fist if you really think about it, all of them are mainly governed by one monarch and they have strict/harsh laws in place for law-breakers. Sasuke's general idea actually makes sense. In a way, the person governing a people has to have a somewhat different state of mind and keep away from biases(which could come from what he calls "bonds") in order to be fair and consistent in judgments. We already have dedicated people who take on tremendous burdens in our society so that others don't have to, and consequently lead disconnected lives in a way. The abstract idea is not dumb.

...Either way I'm sure you were well prepared to blindly reject whatever the plan was regardless and call it stupid/dumb, because of who its coming from lol.
The system is already fixed. What Sasuke is doing is not needed. Because what he is trying to do now. Has already been done by Obito/Madara.

So yea, he is a dumbass.
Old 2014-10-02, 10:52   Link #32
DJ*

That's an interesting way of seeing Itachi's role as protector of Konoha. I was actually impressed by that.

Fight-wise though, I'm wondering how this will go. Unless we're now going to be told that they weren't really trying against 'Mother', then we already know what they have to throw at each other. I can't wait to see the new techniques they come out with that they didn't use before because they 'didn't need to'.

That said, even if Sasuke simply displays regular Rinnegan techniques that we've already seen coupled with his normal ruthless efficiency and battle-smarts, he shouldn't have any real troubles taking Naruto down anyway. And quickly too.

Of course, he'll get the Nagato/Kakuzu etc treatment now and do things he wouldn't normally do and had never shown any previous inclination of ever doing which he'll ultimately be made to pay for with Naruto's victory.
Old 2014-10-02, 10:59   Link #33
ronin myael
lost ronin

Seems to me like Sasuke also ripped off The Dark Knight. A hero seen as a villain? The silent guardian, the watchful protector... LOL
Old 2014-10-02, 11:16   Link #34
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
I laughed at him thinking he can take on all SA and win!
That is no laughable boast. Naruto and Sasuke are powerful enough to take on the whole world with relative ease at this point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Because I honestly expect the series to end at chapter 700, but I also expect an epilogue. I wouldn't be surprised if the battle ends in the first page or two of chapter 700 and the rest is epilogue, however.
I find highly unlikely that the last fight of the story will be covered with only 5 chapters. Brevity has never been one of Kishimoto's strong point.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-02, 11:20   Link #35
milan kyuubi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
That is no laughable boast. Naruto and Sasuke are powerful enough to take on the whole world with relative ease at this point
Naruto maybe. Sasuke Still hasn't shown such feats. 8th gate Gai could defeat him!
Old 2014-10-02, 11:21   Link #36
akumaten

Like the old saying, "With 'friends' like those, who needs enemies...."
What a twisted relationship those two have.
akumaten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-02, 11:23   Link #37
ranchan13

I actually liked this chapter, and I can understand Sasuke's ideals.
Even if he is trying to be Lelouch Jr.

It's not that his ideal isn't a valid one, and it could work.
It's that his ideal is the anti-theme of the manga.
At least it makes him semi-respectable as the final boss
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-02, 11:27   Link #38
Eragon
Still Alive

We Code Geass now boys.

Ugh, whatever, I already had very low expectations about his reasons.
Old 2014-10-02, 11:33   Link #39
Artful_Dodger

Quote:
The system is already fixed. What Sasuke is doing is not needed. Because what he is trying to do now. Has already been done by Obito/Madara.

So yea, he is a dumbass.
How is it "fixed"? This fight happened already more than once; nothing was fixed then or now(at least not yet). They defeated Madara, Obito, etc. but so far there is no new system or plan put forth to solve the problem of hatred. The alliance seem all happy go lucky but thats just the present, its not necessarily permanent since future generations wont necessarily get along. Hell, even people during this generation may still fight after this ordeal.
Artful_Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-02, 11:41   Link #40
milan kyuubi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artful_Dodger View Post
How is it "fixed"? This fight happened already more than once; nothing was fixed then or now(at least not yet). They defeated Madara, Obito, etc. but so far there is no new system or plan put forth to solve the problem of hatred. The alliance seem all happy go lucky but thats not necessarily permanent.
The five Kages are united. The shinobi of every village has been united. The whole SA witnessed Hashi/Naruto's memories/feelings. Bijuus are good and friendly. So yes the problem is fixed. Sasuke is trying to fix something that's not broken. The hatred is gone!

Edit: 2600 post! Wow!

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion